Tiger Woods: "No Timetable for my Return to Golf..."

tigers9iron

Different ways to look at it. I'm glad you had your experience with your back. I obviously don't know Tiger, but honestly if having a working knowledge of any athletes inner circle is going to be our only prerequisite to speak or offer an opinion then it's probably going to be a pretty small group. He has a bad back, hopped on a plane for 18 hours and has been hurt since landing (or probably before that). He also has shown a propensity to get injured trying to become a better athlete, and I am of the opinion that he would have won just as many majors (and maybe more) if he would have tried to keep his body type closer to what his younger days showed than the older bulked up version. I'm sure you opinion may differ, which of course is your right. Good day, and thanks for offering a different viewpoint.

Tiger almost immediately went back to the tight shirts and the buff look that his ego wants as soon as his back felt decent. You could literally see the difference in his appearance throughout the winter and early spring. As someone who has had back surgery you are not going to pump the same amount of iron or feel as explosive...ever...unless you want to use PED's...HGH...and even then??? Guy needs to decide if he wants to be a golfer or wear tight shirts and act like he's some kind of elite physical specimen. His actions seem to show he would rather cash checks and look a certain way. If so that's a pity in my book.

Wardell, I had back surgery in 1984 after a long struggle with pain. After recovery I went full bore into heavy weights and I kept at it for about 15 years. During that time, I had very few episodes of back pain. In season, I played golf 4 times a week and again, little in the way of back pain.

I guess that what I'm really trying to say is that your statement is wrong. You can pump whatever you want, as often as you want and your back gets better right along with every other part of the body. Your experience may differ but it doesn`t mean that you are the norm, that everyone with a crappy back loses the ability to train with heavy weights.

The PED statement is not worthy of comment and because I don`t know Woods as well as you seem to, I`m not going to guess at what his reasons may be for doing what Tiger does. I really don`t know. It`s none of my business.

Opinions expressed as fact are no longer opinions. they are meant to persuade the reader that a truth was expressed. It's unfortunate that the news media has conditioned us to think that if an opinion is spoken often enough by enough people, that that opinion is a fact.When all it really is, is poisonous opinion.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elite athletes are usually the last to accept when they can't do it anymore.

did happen to our lady Carolina clyft when she got tired of her sport.

she then tried to go with long jump with no go and our recent world record holder on 60m hurdles indoors as her injury never was healed to get her back to the best again and she tried for years.

Looking at Tiger in dubai, he looked as an old man does with pain as his lower back is crap.

no power. Como another one not understanding what to do.

Tiger is gone.

He still sells its why everyone talks about him, not jason day or some other random pga tour guy.

Knows the secret to the golf swing to own it.
300+ yards and 4% dispersion for unmatched accuracy
Golf God

What's laughable, still, is the fact that people think someone would need PED, HGH, steroids, whatever, to get to what Tiger looks like. Tiger looks nothing more than a guy who works out regularly. If you think something about his size is not normal, you don't workout, you workout half assed or you suck at working out. Anybody that is consistent in weight training can reach what Tiger is in a matter of months. Another word of education for those above, the more years you workout, the easier it is to put on muscle that is lost from injury, time off, or whatever. If I take a six month break from weight training, it'll take me about a month to put on the muscle I lost. I sure as hell don't move the weight I moved when I was younger. That comes from years of dedication. Muscle comes back faster with less weight needing to be moved if you don't suck in the gym.

It is not just the fact that Tiger put on muscle, it is the fact that he quickly put on muscle and suffered breakdowns in his body not long after. That is generally a sign that enhancements were used. Witness the Nomar effect and the number of other pro ball players who suddenly beefed up only to fall apart shortly thereafter.

It is not just the fact that Tiger put on muscle, it is the fact that he quickly put on muscle and suffered breakdowns in his body not long after. That is generally a sign that enhancements were used. Witness the Nomar effect and the number of other pro ball players who suddenly beefed up only to fall apart shortly thereafter.

When exactly do some of you get the idea Tiger ever got big? Googled images using -- Tiger Woods 2000 -- Tiger Woods 2003 etc. The below pic is from 2008.

Heck Google images of Sam Stosur and you will see a women's tennis player that is buffer than Tiger. Or is it just in the heat of competition when the blood is pumping that they look bigger?

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Tiger has been poorly served by his group of advisers by maintaining the Kremlinesque model of openness and honesty that surrounds him. Whatever happened to his back, whatever was done to fix his back, Tiger would have been better advised just to announce "Here's what happened, here's what we did, here's the prognosis." rather than leaving the press and fans scrambling for scraps. It's none of our business, but when you make huge money as a brand, you need to accept public interest, particularly when it's mostly positive.

Tiger has been poorly served by his group of advisers by maintaining the Kremlinesque model of openness and honesty that surrounds him. Whatever happened to his back, whatever was done to fix his back, Tiger would have been better advised just to announce "Here's what happened, here's what we did, here's the prognosis." rather than leaving the press and fans scrambling for scraps. It's none of our business, but when you make huge money as a brand, you need to accept public interest, particularly when it's mostly positive.

Yeah, no added beef there. Come on now.

What year is that from? You said he put it on "quickly". Getting to that size in 8 years is not quickly. Especially when it is from early 20's to age 30.

Its not a lie if you believe it.

Huh? If I tell you some player injects donkey dung and can get you to believe it it's no longer a lie? Is that how internet rumors become fact?

Quickly?

alg-tiger-woods-02-jpg.jpg

tiger-woods-2002-masters.jpg?itok=u2SE5eWw

GettyImages-77015902.jpg?itok=Oi7HPD_D

article-2611189-050E26BA0000044D-510_634x546.jpg

In terms of lifting Tiger was never big and I would also say he probably wasn't that strong either. The bar was so low in golf just working out back in the early 2000's would have you stand out. As far as taking PED's I don't believe it- he just looked like a guy that worked out a little. If you want to see PED usage look at the NFL- those guys are monsters. I do believe that Adderall or beta blockers have/are used on the PGA tour. Testosterone or HGH not so much. They aren't working out to be real strong so would make no sense in using those drugs. And its another false statement that utilizing testosterone or HGH makes your body "break down".

Taylormade M2 10.5 degree Tensei Orange V2 60TX Prototype
Taylormade M2 Proto 13/ Mitsubishi Tensi Blue 70tX
Taylormade GAPR Mid 3H Oban Devotion HB 85
Miura CB 301 4-GW True Temper Rifle 7.0
Edel Putter

In terms of lifting Tiger was never big and I would also say he probably wasn't that strong either. The bar was so low in golf just working out back in the early 2000's would have you stand out. As far as taking PED's I don't believe it- he just looked like a guy that worked out a little. If you want to see PED usage look at the NFL- those guys are monsters. I do believe that Adderall or beta blockers have/are used on the PGA tour. Testosterone or HGH not so much. They aren't working out to be real strong so would make no sense in using those drugs. And its another false statement that utilizing testosterone or HGH makes your body "break down".

Tiger may, or may have not, taken PEDs. Regardless if he did, or not, they're not needed to reach the average size that Tiger was/is. There are also a ton of different PED's and used for different situations, see Lance Armstrong.

Nomar didn't get "huge" either. That said, there was an obvious change in body shape. Saying it isn't there is living with blinders on. Also, there is a big difference between working out for maintenance purposes and working out for growth purposes.

If an "obvious change in body shape" is your benchmark for using PEDs then I can only imagine what you think of this,

mcilroy_800_playertransform.jpg

I sussed out another one!

dufner.JPG

In all seriousness though, this "change in body shape" nonsense is totally missing two points. One, PEDs don't necessarily result in a "change in body shape." They're plenty useful for things that don't result in a "change in body shape." And two, it ain't Rory or the Duff Man who has a documented relationship with noted PED felon Anthony Galea.

Nomar didn't get "huge" either. That said, there was an obvious change in body shape. Saying it isn't there is living with blinders on. Also, there is a big difference between working out for maintenance purposes and working out for growth purposes.

If an "obvious change in body shape" is your benchmark for using PEDs then I can only imagine what you think of this,

mcilroy_800_playertransform.jpg

Ah!....yes I see the difference(s) #1- shirt color / #2 hair / #3 hat / #4 different clubs..................What?......this is not one of those finds the differences puzzles?,,,,,,,,Nevermind :sorry:

dufner.JPG

In all seriousness though, this "change in body shape" nonsense is totally missing two points. One, PEDs don't necessarily result in a "change in body shape." They're plenty useful for things that don't result in a "change in body shape." And two, it ain't Rory or the Duff Man who has a documented relationship with noted PED felon Anthony Galea.

The same guy who would seem to have every reason to rat out TW when he cut a deal with the Feds, right?

"The lawyer for the former assistant to the Canadian doctor who treated Tiger Woods said the golfer never received performance-enhancing drugs as a patient."

"Most of the U.S. charges were dismissed as part of Galea's plea, and he agreed to cooperate with investigators and disclose the identities of his patients and their treatments."

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/6760484/tiger-woods-use-peds-patient-says-lawyer-anthony-galea-assistant

dufner.JPG

The same guy who would seem to have every reason to rat out TW when he cut a deal with the Feds, right?

"The lawyer for the former assistant to the Canadian doctor who treated Tiger Woods said the golfer never received performance-enhancing drugs as a patient."

"Most of the U.S. charges were dismissed as part of Galea's plea, and he agreed to cooperate with investigators and disclose the identities of his patients and their treatments."

http://www.espn.com/...galea-assistant

But facts aren't important when you're trying to make a point. However faulty...

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

dufner.JPG

But facts aren't important when you're trying to make a point. However faulty...

I have the best facts. Believe me.

Meh. Believe what you want. Take Frankie for instance. He believes that TW never dabbled in PEDs strictly because TW didn't end up looking like the Invincible Hulk. He really and truly believes that as a "fact."

Personally I look at someone like Galea and think he has more motivation to not rat out someone like Tiger (i.e., $$$$$$$$) than he does to cooperate fully with the Feds (i.e., he's a Canadian citizen, not US). Also let's not forget that at the time the Feds were putting the squeeze on Galea they were totally obsessed with nailing Lance Armstrong. The Feds let everyone connected to Galea short of Armstrong--ARod, Jose Reyes, Beltran, anonymous "golfers" plural, olympians, etc etc etc--slide. Might have had something to do with all of the USPS money Armstrong had received over the years.

The idea that there are easily knowable "facts" here is crazy talk, whichever side you're on. Whatever you want to believe the best any of us can do is speculate. Next thing you know we'll hear from someone who says it's a FACT that TW never got suspended from the PGA Tour for drug use, ergo it's a FACT he never used drugs.

dufner.JPG

They have "alternative facts" ; )

I have the best facts. Believe me.

That made me LOL! :)

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!