2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods: "No Timetable for my Return to Golf..."

tigers9iron

So sad one of the greatest to ever live had his body fail him.

18 would've been a formality had his d*ck stayed in his pants and his back stayed healthy.

Nicklaus got to 18 and the stories of his infidelity still pop up. Sexual proclivity has absolutely zero to do with winning.

But a bad back will screw you every time....

Never saw a single one. Please provide a link.

It doesn`t bother me to know you don`t believe me. Many folks just like you ( and me, actually) want to believe Nicklaus was above it all. Apparently he wasn`t. Stories abound, long before the internet came to be. But just because you don`t believe me, does not mean that I am obliged to do your searching for you. Check out some of the many player autobiographies, old interview footage etc. It all exists and that would be true even if your efforts to find it fail.

Just what I thought. Unsubstantiated bullsh*t.

I'm with you. If it smells like and looks like then it probably is.

Mizuno ST-X 220 10.5 Aldila Ascent Stiff

Mizuno ST230 16*  UST LINQ

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #4 20* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #5 22.5* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno MP 5 5- PW TTDG 95 stiff

Mizuno T22 50 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno T22 56 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno M Craft OMOI #1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit I am a suspicious conspiracy theory kind of guy by nature, but for mine there are too many links, and PED use is too commmon amongst gym rats, to believe that tiger didn't take them during his career. But I also strongly believe any use of enhancements were purely cosmetic and not golf related. Tiger was a real skinny kid with a small frame, I have seen guys like him that don't put on any muscle in the gym unless they take 'supplements'. I have also known plenty of fitness instructors who say that without roids and ridiculous amounts of food most guys will not make any noticeable size gains in the gym. Obviously genes have a lot to do with size to begin with and there are plenty of huge guys who have never taken PEDs, but when a naturally small guy gets big from going to the gym there is more at play than lifting weights. And tiger was a naturally small guy.

I disagree. As one who spent 5 days a week, 3 hours per session for 15 years in the weight room lifting heavy, I never once felt the need to supplement.

When I started I was a skinny 150lbs at 5'10" tall. I ended up at 192 lbs. in about 3 years and have stayed there ever since. I believe Woods workout regimen got him to size not PEDs Only a few guys I knew did them and not a single trainer I ever met advocated their use.

That's a serious amount of work you put in there. 192 at 5'10" is not what I would call overly bulky compared to the amount of work you put in, and you also said you plateaued after 3 years and stayed there without further gain in bulk. I was a real skinny kid and added about 40 pounds in a couple years in early adulthood without working out, everybody has natural growth spurts. It is certainly possible that Tiger is natural and got to his size from training like you, but I think it more likely than not that he got some assistance.

Yeah, me too. I'd be surprised if there was a player's biography or autobiography I haven't read. Arnie was fairly well known to enjoy an occasional night out on the town, so to speak, but Jack? I just don't recall ever coming across that.

Remember folks, take it from ngb352:

Totally unsubstantiated rumors about Nicklaus sleeping around = gospel truth.

Totally unsubstantiated rumors about Tiger using PEDs = blasphemy that must be killed with fire.

Meh.........

You know the old...I read it on the Internet so it must be true...now applies to all mediums from major news networks to our largest newspapers.

Yeah, me too. I'd be surprised if there was a player's biography or autobiography I haven't read. Arnie was fairly well known to enjoy an occasional night out on the town, so to speak, but Jack? I just don't recall ever coming across that.

Totally unsubstantiated rumors about Tiger using PEDs = blasphemy that must be killed with fire.

Meh.........

Powerful rebuttal. So going to share your sources about Jack's philandering or not?

Ain't hard to find sources linking Tiger to a known PED peddler.

Yet here you are, treating one as an ugly internet rumor, and the other as fact.

So meh yourself bud.

Meh.........

Powerful rebuttal. So going to share your sources about Jack's philandering or not?

Yet here you are, treating one as an ugly internet rumor, and the other as fact.

So meh yourself bud.

Nobodys saying Jack was a pimp.

And nobody has ever claimed to have 1st hand knowledge that TW took peds. Unlike LA, RC, BB, etc.

Either way,

Trevino and Watson both said TW was the best ; )

Meh.........

You know the old...I read it on the Internet so it must be true...now applies to all mediums from major news networks to our largest newspapers.

They'll believe CNN but they won't believe me. The world really is in trouble, LOL.......

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Meh.........

So meh yourself bud.

My Gosh man! There was no internet in the 1960's or '70's. We learned everything by word of mouth, late nite tv shows etc. There is NO link. And if you really think that at this late stage in my life I remember exactly WHERE I heard this stuff, then please think again. I can't. But I do know that I've heard it and if you heard stuff like that back in those days it was usually true. If you want to shut your ears and shout "nah, nah nah" while you shake your disbelieving head, that is fine by me. It doesn't make it not true and it doesn't make me a liar.

All PED sources on Tiger are all speculative, yet you treat it as fact. I tell you Nicklaus is very human and you treat it like an ugly rumor. Meh right back at you!

Now get off my lawn!

Thank you.

Meh.........

So meh yourself bud.

And nobody has ever claimed to have 1st hand knowledge that TW took peds. Unlike LA, RC, BB, etc.

Either way,

No, but here's the point Basic. Go and google Jack Nicklaus infidelity or something like that right now. Use whatever term you want and drill down as many pages as you want. Okay.....Wait a month or so for google to pick this thread up, then google Jack Nicklaus sleeping around or whatever and this thread will pop up, probably pretty close to the top. NGB's post a page or two back is, quite literally, going to be patient zero for an unsubstantiated internet rumor that before his post did not exist.

Now, OTOH, there's no doubt that TW was treated by Gallea. There's no doubt that Gallea treated other athletes across multiple sports with PED. These things are based on sworn testimony, bank records, and so forth. Does that prove TW took PEDs? No. But there is factual information which is true here, leading to rumors that are widespread.

Why did NGB say Jack slept around? To defend his boy TW against rumors of PED use--though search me if I know what the parallel is supposed to be there, that rumors are bad I guess? And now we've got the moral high horse brigade going on about how the internet is full of rumors so therefore nothing can be trusted. Meanwhile, NGB, all by himself, started a nasty little internet rumor about Jack, without providing any sort of support/sources/factual information, besides of course that it's something he remembers hearing a long time ago but can't remember where or when or from whom he heard it. Well done, Mr. NGB. Well done.

Meh.........

So meh yourself bud.

Either way,

No, but here's the point Basic. Go and google Jack Nicklaus infidelity or something like that right now. Use whatever term you want and drill down as many pages as you want. Okay.....Wait a month or so for google to pick this thread up, then google Jack Nicklaus sleeping around or whatever and this thread will pop up, probably pretty close to the top. NGB's post a page or two back is, quite literally, going to be patient zero for an unsubstantiated internet rumor that before his post did not exist.

Now, OTOH, there's no doubt that TW was treated by Gallea. There's no doubt that Gallea treated other athletes across multiple sports with PED. These things are based on sworn testimony, bank records, and so forth. Does that prove TW took PEDs? No. But there is factual information which is true here, leading to rumors that are widespread.

Why did NGB say Jack slept around? To defend his boy TW against rumors of PED use--though search me if I know what the parallel is supposed to be there, that rumors are bad I guess? And now we've got the moral high horse brigade going on about how the internet is full of rumors so therefore nothing can be trusted. Meanwhile, NGB, all by himself, started a nasty little internet rumor about Jack, without providing any sort of support/sources/factual information, besides of course that it's something he remembers hearing a long time ago but can't remember where or when or from whom he heard it. Well done, Mr. NGB. Well done.

I started nothing. It was started 40 years ago. I simply passed it on. And although I see your point, anything unsubstantiated you pass on here as truth, is available to anyone who wants to believe that s***. But I'm the bad guy, right?

Meh.....

My Gosh man! There was no internet in the 1960's or '70's. We learned everything by word of mouth, late nite tv shows etc. There is NO link. And if you really think that at this late stage in my life I remember exactly WHERE I heard this stuff, then please think again. I can't. But I do know that I've heard it and if you heard stuff like that back in those days it was usually true. If you want to shut your ears and shout "nah, nah nah" while you shake your disbelieving head, that is fine by me. It doesn't make it not true and it doesn't make me a liar.

All PED sources on Tiger are all speculative, yet you treat it as fact. I tell you Nicklaus is very human and you treat it like an ugly rumor. Meh right back at you!

Now get off my lawn!

Thank you.

Rumors used to be more true? Good to know.

Now get off my lawn!

Thank you.

If you are going to bold it, quote it correctly. I said usually true. Not "more" true. There is a difference. And where do you see the word rumor in my post?

You don't.

Now get off my lawn!

Thank you.

If you are going to bold it, quote it correctly. I said usually true. Not "more" true. There is a difference. And where do you see the word rumor in my post?

You don't.

Well it certainly is unsubstantiated. Perhaps you dreamt it.

Now get off my lawn!

Thank you.

You don't.

Well it certainly is unsubstantiated. Perhaps you dreamt it.

My sleep has always been dreamless, so no........

Now get off my lawn!

Thank you.

You don't.

lol. You've got to be kidding right? What exactly does "this stuff" refer to if not rumors? Be specific. And with what are you comparing and contrasting "back in those days it was usually true" if not that "this stuff" is nowadays less true than it was previously? Again, be specific.

nbg, you realize 40 years ago was 1977, right? I was obsessive about golf in those days and I never read one word about Jack dogging around. There was a plethora of real golf reporting, and this never, never came up. If you have some double secret insider info, prove it or it's purely troll BS.

It was never reported in the real golf reporting. The press respected the players privacy as they respected the privacy of most public figures. But that didn't stop peers from slipping up in their own interviews or story telling.

This has gotten out of hand. You believe what you will. And I will believe what I believe as well.

Nicklaus was and is my hero. He is also a man. I accept both. You can continue bashing at will. I am still going to remain comfortable with my statement.

Out.

nbg, you realize 40 years ago was 1977, right? I was obsessive about golf in those days and I never read one word about Jack dogging around. There was a plethora of real golf reporting, and this never, never came up. If you have some double secret insider info, prove it or it's purely troll BS.

You never heard so it can't possibly be true?

Carry on.

Carry on.

You just said "out"!!!! Had a chance to leave with class, man - Take it!

Carry on.

You just said "out"!!!! Had a chance to leave with class, man - Take it!

lol. NGB did hear it so it can't possibly not be true. Can't argue with logic like that.

It was never reported in the real golf reporting. The press respected the players privacy as they respected the privacy of most public figures. But that didn't stop peers from slipping up in their own interviews or story telling.

This has gotten out of hand. You believe what you will. And I will believe what I believe as well.

Nicklaus was and is my hero. He is also a man. I accept both. You can continue bashing at will. I am still going to remain comfortable with my statement.

Out.

What does that mean: "He is also a man."

You're trollin bro.

I'm not saying yay or nay on this. But I will say it was a different time. We know a lot of old school athletes "strayed" and we also know that the media of the day covered it up for them. Kept them in the good graces of the athletes. Did this particular subject? No idea and frankly I don't care. This whole fascination with their private lives is beyond me.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Once again Tiger slurping, sycophant, worshippers will stoop to ANY level and take any avenue to discredit anyone in any way who they themselves perceive as a threat to Tiger's legacy.

Being a fan of an athlete or team is appreciated, I get it. But since Tiger's mostly self inflicted demise, your fandom has been distorted and twisted into an angry frothing free for all.

I mean FFS NGB at least be honest. Finish your thought "jack is a man.....Tiger is a God. and for the love of he who is holy HE SHALL NOT BE CRITICIZED!!"

I know you don't see it, but when you decry rumors about Tiger as outrageous and start one about Jack, you look pathetic and desperate.

And the sheer audacity to put forth a rumor about Nicklaus out of nowhere, with nothing to substantiate it in any way other than some vague memory you claim to have, to then call him your "hero" is empty and frankly rather despicable . It's like the caught racist claiming "I have lot's of black friends!"

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

I'm not saying yay or nay on this. But I will say it was a different time. We know a lot of old school athletes "strayed" and we also know that the media of the day covered it up for them. Kept them in the good graces of the athletes. Did this particular subject? No idea and frankly I don't care. This whole fascination with their private lives is beyond me.

So the thing that is beyond you , that you just can't understand, you gladly participate in with your subtle acknowledgment that well i mean it could be true.

Do you Tiger-can-do-no-wrong types ever catch yourself? If so I imagine the hypocrisy that you decide to delete must be staggering.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

So the thing that is beyond you , that you just can't understand, you gladly participate in with your subtle acknowledgment that well i mean it could be true.

Do you Tiger-can-do-no-wrong types ever catch yourself? If so I imagine the hypocrisy that you decide to delete must be staggering.

Geez Kym, do you just rant on anything Tiger? Where in that post did I defend or say anything about Tiger? Tiger F'd up in a lot of ways. But that had nothing to do with my post. What was my "subtle acknowledgement"? "No idea and I don't care"? Really. That is a bit of a reach even for you.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Carry on.

You heard it (somewhere), so it has to be true? Were you on tour, closely involved with the tour? Anything?

Meh.........

So meh yourself bud.

Either way,

They are pretty resentful of Jack as they had their teeth kicked in by him for decades. They bested him a few times but it took heroics to do so. Its understandable when the new toy comes around it looks shinier and what not but players opinions for me dont mean too much in the grand scheme.Watson was also super critical of woods after his troubles and thought it would be the end for him and Trevino has walked back this quote as well using the popular WRX argument greatest champion or greatest golfer. The answer to something asked in 2002 suddenly changes in 2010. Were all guilty of this, making grandiose statements and then changing our minds