2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods: "No Timetable for my Return to Golf..."

tigers9iron

Tiger had another back surgery today.

That ain't good. But if he was having spasms after Dubai and they haven't alleviated, he's really got to evaluate his career at this point. I've had exactly ZERO surgeries and my back is hosed and I'm in pain daily. He's had his back worked on 4x and he's still having issues.

Yep. Once you've had a bad back. you've got a bad back forever. Often, it can be helped with surgery but rarely is it ever fixed.

"Fixed" is a floating term. My doc says he can either cure me or paralyze me in surgery. I elected "no" and lots of stretching and motrin.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of BS. I saw him live 2 days ago hitting sand wedges at the opening of his golf course and was asked about his condition and said he has good and bad days and mentioned nothing about surgery. Low and behold the next day he has surgery??

He is a compulsive liar. Wouldn't surprise me that this back injury is a ban for PED's. Who knows?

So you are a liar if you don't divulge everything? You and CNN may think that is true. I don't. You're right about one thing though. You don't know........

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

That ain't good. But if he was having spasms after Dubai and they haven't alleviated, he's really got to evaluate his career at this point. I've had exactly ZERO surgeries and my back is hosed and I'm in pain daily. He's had his back worked on 4x and he's still having issues.

Yep. Once you've had a bad back. you've got a bad back forever. Often, it can be helped with surgery but rarely is it ever fixed.

Not true, my father had surgery and playing better than ever now, but he has better therapists than Tiger ahah

"Fixed" is a floating term. My doc says he can either cure me or paralyze me in surgery. I elected "no" and lots of stretching and motrin.

I have, on occasion, wished for paralysis.....

He said 2 months back that he will not be having any more surgery and he would rather retire if he had to.

The guy is full of s***. Was hitting balls 2 days ago!

Yeah he does it because he`s come to love back surgery and as we all know bad backs are scheduled events.........

What's laughable, still, is the fact that people think someone would need PED, HGH, steroids, whatever, to get to what Tiger looks like. Tiger looks nothing more than a guy who works out regularly. If you think something about his size is not normal, you don't workout, you workout half assed or you suck at working out. Anybody that is consistent in weight training can reach what Tiger is in a matter of months. Another word of education for those above, the more years you workout, the easier it is to put on muscle that is lost from injury, time off, or whatever. If I take a six month break from weight training, it'll take me about a month to put on the muscle I lost. I sure as hell don't move the weight I moved when I was younger. That comes from years of dedication. Muscle comes back faster with less weight needing to be moved if you don't suck in the gym.

Very well said. Mature muscle stays strong longer and is harder to lose unless youre completely bed ridden due to illness or car acccident or surgery. You can recover your strength and size gains very quickly when you get back at it. As you get older its tougher but still very doable. Another point youre right on is If youre not pushing your muscles to exhaustion in the gym when lifting youre wasting your time as your body adapts and is essentially resting on its laurels. Youll never get stronger let alone add muscle if you dont push yourself

So sad one of the greatest to ever live had his body fail him.

18 would've been a formality had his d*ck stayed in his pants and his back stayed healthy.

Nicklaus got to 18 and the stories of his infidelity still pop up. Sexual proclivity has absolutely zero to do with winning.

But a bad back will screw you every time....

Never saw a single one. Please provide a link.

"You think we play the same stuff you do?"

--Rory McIlroy 

I'd hate to see what Tiger would be like had he not followed his famous and now widely copied injury preventing workout routines.

No one ever went on the disabled list due to "pulled fat."

--Rory McIlroy 

There went 2017.

How does "minimally invasive" equal 6 months?

In this case, a fusion means the bone needs to heal = minimum 3 months to be safe, like a bone graft.

+ the rehab and strength training after, to be back hitting fullspeed = 6 months.

A standard minimally invasive microdiscectomy you can be back full swing after 3 months if rehab is good

What's laughable, still, is the fact that people think someone would need PED, HGH, steroids, whatever, to get to what Tiger looks like. Tiger looks nothing more than a guy who works out regularly. If you think something about his size is not normal, you don't workout, you workout half assed or you suck at working out. Anybody that is consistent in weight training can reach what Tiger is in a matter of months. Another word of education for those above, the more years you workout, the easier it is to put on muscle that is lost from injury, time off, or whatever. If I take a six month break from weight training, it'll take me about a month to put on the muscle I lost. I sure as hell don't move the weight I moved when I was younger. That comes from years of dedication. Muscle comes back faster with less weight needing to be moved if you don't suck in the gym.

I would give this 14 likes if I could.

The notion that Tiger is "big" from lifting is laughable. I've seen him in person thru out his career yet he's never been big.

Doesn't seem like anyone is willing to be swayed off their beliefs on this. My last thought is I don't know what Tiger did or didn't do regarding PED's. I do think that something like HGH might have some potential in helping injured athletes recover if they were willing to accept some of the risks and unknowns as grown men. I loved watching the guy play when he was on top of his game, and never thought the nominal benefit his fitness and strength gave him was what made him special It was his long iron game, short game, putter and mental strength. I'm sure he saw his time in the gym and training with Seal Teams etc as an extension of his preparation. I also think mentally the embarrassment of the scandal and then having Yang actually stand up to him on the back nine of a major was akin to Tyson losing to Douglas. He and his fellow competitors actually saw that he was not invincible, and if Hank Haney was to be believed he was spending more time on his workouts and playing soldier than he was on his short game as early as 2005. Maybe he was burned out? I enjoy the comments in both directions, but man a few of you might lighten up a bit in sticking up for the man or bashing him to oblivion. Peace.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 70 S
Ping G 15 Tour 80 S
Ping G 21 Tour 80 S
PXG SGI 5-LW
Putter TBD
Bridgestone B330 2016

There went 2017.

In this case, a fusion means the bone needs to heal = minimum 3 months to be safe, like a bone graft.

+ the rehab and strength training after, to be back hitting fullspeed = 6 months.

A standard minimally invasive microdiscectomy you can be back full swing after 3 months if rehab is good

Thanks for the reply. My post could've been avoided if I had watched the video provided.

Do people think this? I thought it was because he went to a "PEDs doctor" is why he probably was on PEDs. Kind of like assuming your neighbor bought groceries because he went to the grocery store. Sure, there isn't proof..... but I mean really? Are we really questioning whether or not he actually did PEDs at some point?

There went 2017.

Exactly a few pro athletes have had this surgery successfully including golfers. Henrik zetterberg of the detroit redwings had it 3 years ago and is still playing effective hockey at 36. Goes through a daily 1.5 hour stretching routine. Sciatica pain is debilitating and this will remove that pain from tiger 100%. Wish him well

18 would've been a formality had his d*ck stayed in his pants and his back stayed healthy.

Nicklaus got to 18 and the stories of his infidelity still pop up. Sexual proclivity has absolutely zero to do with winning.

It doesn`t bother me to know you don`t believe me. Many folks just like you ( and me, actually) want to believe Nicklaus was above it all. Apparently he wasn`t. Stories abound, long before the internet came to be. But just because you don`t believe me, does not mean that I am obliged to do your searching for you. Check out some of the many player autobiographies, old interview footage etc. It all exists and that would be true even if your efforts to find it fail.

It doesn`t bother me to know you don`t believe me. Many folks just like you ( and me, actually) want to believe Nicklaus was above it all. Apparently he wasn`t. Stories abound, long before the internet came to be. But just because you don`t believe me, does not mean that I am obliged to do your searching for you. Check out some of the many player autobiographies, old interview footage etc. It all exists and that would be true even if your efforts to find it fail.

Just what I thought. Unsubstantiated bullsh*t.

--Rory McIlroy 

I've been reading about golf, obsessively when I was young, for more than 40 years, and I've never seen any of this. Post some links, and we'll see.

I've been reading about golf, obsessively when I was young, for more than 40 years, and I've never seen any of this. Post some links, and we'll see.

Yeah, me too. I'd be surprised if there was a player's biography or autobiography I haven't read. Arnie was fairly well known to enjoy an occasional night out on the town, so to speak, but Jack? I just don't recall ever coming across that.

Remember folks, take it from ngb352:

Totally unsubstantiated rumors about Nicklaus sleeping around = gospel truth.

Totally unsubstantiated rumors about Tiger using PEDs = blasphemy that must be killed with fire.

***TAPS***

:russian_roulette: :help:

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

Yeah, me too. I'd be surprised if there was a player's biography or autobiography I haven't read. Arnie was fairly well known to enjoy an occasional night out on the town, so to speak, but Jack? I just don't recall ever coming across that.

Remember folks, take it from ngb352:

Totally unsubstantiated rumors about Nicklaus sleeping around = gospel truth.

Totally unsubstantiated rumors about Tiger using PEDs = blasphemy that must be killed with fire.

Meh.........