Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

Insomnia is one of the worst things a human can experience. It's why it's such an excellent form of torture.

I'm not endorsing intensive sleep medications, in fact they scare me, but I'm lucky to be able to sleep. Even just a few days with zero sleep can turn regular people psychotic.

I know people close to me who are on powerful sleeping pills. Hide car keys and turn on the house alarm when these medications are consumed.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has descended into...applesauce. :wacko:

Why does it seem that once every page of this thread lately, someone feels the need to post what they think this thread has "descended into"? We got it the first time - this thread is off the rails. What were you people expecting?

The more I see about the story.

I wonder if tiger woods is a victim of a MKUltra type program?

There were whispers in Orange County that Earl was a member of La Boule.

Who doesn't remember the military officer performing hypnosis on TW at 4 yrs old?

Mind control has devastating effect in the long term....

Good luck, bro.

WRX posting this on the front page is lame.

Peeking in on social media, the response to GC, Golf Digest and Golf.com is overwhelmingly negative. People are saying the posting of the video is over the top and unnecessary. Those sites and this one are looking for clicks. The stomping on a guy and humiliating him publicly isn't really needed. This type of thing can push a guy over the edge due to the embarrassment and the commentary can have a very sad and tragic ending.

It's sort of a big golf story, and it's fairly pedestrian coverage given current media atmosphere.

Insomnia is one of the worst things a human can experience. It's why it's such an excellent form of torture.

I'm not endorsing intensive sleep medications, in fact they scare me, but I'm lucky to be able to sleep. Even just a few days with zero sleep can turn regular people psychotic.

I know people close to me who are on powerful sleeping pills. Hide car keys and turn on the house alarm when these medications are consumed.

I don't understand. Well I understand that not sleeping will drive you nuts.

But why can't these drug companies create a sleeping medication that doesn't turn everybody into zombies, and sleep walk?

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

It's clear that Tiger has a drug problem. I hope he gets the help he needs before he ends up like Prince.

... and Michael Jackson, and Whitney Huston, and Jim Belushi, and just about every other celebrity that has died from drugs. (long list)

It's clear that Tiger has a drug problem. I hope he gets the help he needs before he ends up like Prince.

... and Michael Jackson, and Whitney Huston, and Jim Belushi, and just about every other celebrity that has died from drugs. (long list)

But Prince and Michael Jackson both had serious insomnia issues that either caused or exacerbated their drug dependencies.

Tiger is an admitted insomniac and this episode surely looks like more than a Vicodin and an Advil PM.

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Mark Twain

I suspect Tiger will be saying the much the same in the coming months. So, Woods joins 650,000 Americans with a DUI arrest this year--most of these folks will, once the fines are paid, the insurance rates increased, will go on to lead normal lives.

The hyperbole evidenced in these 70 pages of comments is simply difficult to read and/or believe.

Tiger will survive, hopefully as a professional golfer and if not that, one of the legends of the game--an honor dutifully earned.

I am sorry for the embarrassment but that is only a temporary mountain to climb and Woods will make the ascent I suspect.

Hard to believe reading some of the comments here but I'm sure Woods will be fine.

Well, luckily he doesn't play guitar. And looks ridiculous in a jheri curl.

Nike driver that looks like a Christmas tree ornament
Wilson ProStaff 3 hybrid stock UST 
Tommy Armour V25's s300 4-P
Vokey 52 (old)
Acushnet Bullseye putter with Ping grip

I don't think he did this to get high

But he does stuff to the extreme so you never know.

If 1 is good, 7 has to better right?

So, are you willing to admit that you were dead f****** wrong in saying that he took no responsibility?

Walk the walk.

I can spin anything. I've lived 25 years backing up my words with actions.

I'll bet you a dozen titleist he doesn't remember any of it.

What's he going to do? Deny it?

Saying you take full responsibility but end up doing it again is the insanity of addiction. He's done this before. This isn't a one off

But he will tell you it is

He will tel you he's fine.

He will board a plane to Dubai Saying he is fine

You're taking him at his word when his word has never been backed up by actions

I'll wait and see. His prepared statement was a start

Now watcha gonna do?

25 years sober and I STILL go to meetings 3x a week for my crap.

I was a narcissistic word not allowed every single day prior. Still can be. I'd love to show him that change is possible

Let's see him do more than talk, ok?

My translation isn't coming across. He does this a lot. But not to get high. He's hooked. His body craves it. He's defenseless.

There's a difference.

When I quit drinking and getting High, it stopped working. I wasn't drunk or high. I indulged to keep from feeling like crap

That's where he's at

He can't play golf because from this addicts couch he probably can't go 5 hours without a pill.

Just a hunch

And he's hurt becaose he can't feel what he's doing to his body

He can't hit a golf ball becaose he's in a numb state.

I'll take that as a no.

I wonder what Tiger is doing right now? Is he watching all the media coverage of him? Some celebrities watch all the crap (like Trump too). And some celebrities avoid watching any media when stuff like this happens.

So which one is Tiger?

I wonder what Tiger is doing right now? Is he watching all the media coverage of him? Some celebrities watch all the crap (like Trump too). And some celebrities avoid watching any media when stuff like this happens.

So which one is Tiger?

I've spotted him!

Well, was supposed to be Scrooge Mcduck Swimming thru money. But can't get it to work. Use your imagination!

He needs to buy a new helicopter to take him around.

Really sad to see him like that. I feel bad for Tiger. I think a person should be allowed to have their dash cam video kept private. What is gained by that being released? Besides more clicks/sales for media outposts.

Haven't you noticed the Tiger defenders are no longer saying things like, "He blew .000, so there is nothing to see here." The dashcam footage has showed us just how impaired he was and how he should, not only not have been on the road, but could have killed himself or somebody else. It was important for the footage to come out. I think lots of people who responded in this thread over the past two days got an eye opener from that footage. At least I hope they did. Driving impaired, no matter the cause of the impairment, is incredibly dangerous to the driver and anybody else on the roadway.

Really sad to see him like that. I feel bad for Tiger. I think a person should be allowed to have their dash cam video kept private. What is gained by that being released? Besides more clicks/sales for media outposts.

Haven't you noticed the Tiger defenders are no longer saying things like, "He blew .000, so there is nothing to see here." The dashcam footage has showed us just how impaired he was and how he should, not only not have been on the road, but could have killed himself or somebody else. It was important for the footage to come out. I think lots of people who responded in this thread over the past two days got an eye opener from that footage. At least I hope they did. Driving impaired, no matter the cause of the impairment, is incredibly dangerous to the driver and anybody else on the roadway.

He can do what he wants.....when was the last time u won 14 majors?

I trust that is satire. Otherwise, idiocy of that degree is unusual even for here.

TM Stealth, 10.5, HZRDUS Red 65 S
Titleist TSi2, 16.5 fairway, Oban Devotion 75, S
Titleist TSi2, 21 utility, Tensei 75, S
Mizuno 923 Forged, KBS $-Taper lite S

Vokey 50, 56, 60, KBS Tour V S
Kronos Metronome

It's pretty obvious what he did was dangerous, but did he even choose to drive impaired? We all know he should have not been on the road driving, the bigger question is why was he? What if he was unconscious due to a major side effect of a legally prescribed legal drug for a legitimate medical condition? This incident may be a catalyst for a greater discussion of bigger issues than a simple DUI.

So which one is Tiger?

If you believe Haney's book The Big Miss, and nothing has ever come to light that sheds doubt on anything Haney wrote in that book, Tiger is definitely the type who reads everything. Haney tells a story of driving to the course with Tiger and Stevie during Masters week 2010 and Tiger was on his phone surfing the net reading aloud all the things folks were saying about him. Haney said Tiger seemed to get off on it somehow.

It's pretty obvious what he did was dangerous, but did he even choose to drive impaired? We all know he should have not been on the road driving, the bigger question is why was he? What if he was unconscious due to a major side effect of a legally prescribed legal drug for a legitimate medical condition? This incident may be a catalyst for a greater discussion of bigger issues than a simple DUI.

The side effect profile of these drugs is well characterised., and if he was using them as instructed, such an effect is unlikely. More likely is that he thinks, as he clearly has done in the past, that the normal rules don't apply to him and he can do what he wants because he is Tiger Woods.

Kronos Metronome

The side effect profile of these drugs is well characterised., and if he was using them as instructed, such an effect is unlikely. More likely is that he thinks, as he clearly has done in the past, that the normal rules don't apply to him and he can do what he wants because he is Tiger Woods.

Unlike you, I am willing to wait and see before jumping to conclusions. I believe this story is just beginning. Unlikely does not mean impossible and this story has a lot of unanswered questions.

When has Tiger ever thought the rules did not apply to him? This is his first run in with the law that I know of.

I trust that is satire. Otherwise, idiocy of that degree is unusual even for here.

Tiger fanboys are running short of catchphrases, 2017 is killing them

Tiger fanboys are running short of catchphrases, 2017 is killing them

You guys know that once tiger sees this he's going to be so happy. He's a millionaire. And the extra women he will get from this. Lucky lucky guy. Legend

Unlike you, I am willing to wait and see before jumping to conclusions. I believe this story is just beginning. Unlikely does not mean impossible and this story has a lot of unanswered questions.

When has Tiger ever thought the rules did not apply to him? This is his first run in with the law that I know of.

Wait and see what? Tiger staggering down the road and confusing the national anthem for the alphabet. He was totally out of it. He needs to prove that when he got into his car he was totally competent to drive and that this event suddenly happened. Until then, I am entitled to, and will, say that he is a reckless fool who deserves to get a lot more punishment than he will likely get.

Kronos Metronome

Yeah obviously if you and I were on a brand new medication or 2 and say that this happened to us. We would call our Doctor and yell at them for not telling us! And we would blame the Doctor from the get go. That's what innocent people do from the onset because they have nothing to hide.

Doesn't everyone know ambien makes you sleep?

So which one is Tiger?

If you believe Haney's book The Big Miss, and nothing has ever come to light that sheds doubt on anything Haney wrote in that book, Tiger is definitely the type who reads everything. Haney tells a story of driving to the course with Tiger and Stevie during Masters week 2010 and Tiger was on his phone surfing the net reading aloud all the things folks were saying about him. Haney said Tiger seemed to get off on it somehow.

Hmm wow that is very interesting, didn't know what he was like with media, people talk.

Its very strange that celebrities really like this stuff. Bad things happen and no matter how bad things get, they still enjoy the attention.

I am the complete opposite of an attention whore. I like my privacy, and I don't even like it when people stare at me. I look back like what the hell this guy lookin at me for.

Wait and see what? Tiger staggering down the road and confusing the national anthem for the alphabet. He was totally out of it. He needs to prove that when he got into his car he was totally competent to drive and that this event suddenly happened. Until then, I am entitled, and will, say that he is a reckless fool who deserves to get a lot more punishment than he will likely get.

Wait and see why he was driving his car impaired at three in the morning of course. The "why" is a pretty important factor. For instance, homicide can sometimes be justifiable, if it was committed in self-defense (here in America). Other times, homicide can result in the death penalty (first-degree). Obviously we all know he was out of it (it's obvious) and that he will most likely be found guilty of some kind of crime regardless of his excuse. I don't care about that though. I would like to know exactly why and how he ended up driving car a at 3 am before judging him. It is entirely possible he had an adverse reaction to medication and is telling the truth (he was extremely cooperative with police given how out of it he was). It is also possible he abuses drugs and was driving to his slam's house. If it was an adverse medication reaction, that is very scary. Imagine how big of an impact that could have on the pharmaceutical industry and public if one the most public figures in the world got tanked out of his mind and endangered tons of innocent people just by following doctor's orders (this happens to ordinary people in rare cases. Look it up).