Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

It has probably been said/asked in this thread but I figured I would ask again...

Love him or hate him, am I the only one that is a little bit surprised that the officers didn't just drive him home and be done with it?

I know there are law enforcement on this thread, etc etc and I know that isn't ethical, blah blah and I am not saying they should have done that...simply stating that I am surprised that they didn't. Probably could've gotten a handsome reward.

agree.... its very likely that alot of cops would.. especially if no body cam required to be On.... debatable whether its right or wrong.. probbaly would hamper him from getting help... But a large part of me knows that if it were a cop and one of his friends the person is likely driven home and car towed to residence.. at least in the small town i live in this would be the case

Not debatable, it would be wrong. However, that is just my opinion & that is, in fact, debatable.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger bois are a special breed. Too bad so many were created in the early 00s.

Too bad so many are here.

What would he due TMZ for, exactly?

The videotape supports their initial report that the officer smelled alcohol. Who knows who provided that info to them, but it was likely one of the cops or PD folks close to the scene. Not their fault if the report doesn't reflect the initial info.

This is TW's doing. Not TMZ's, not big pharma's and not Jupiter PD's.

lol so TMZ can literally print whatever and have no consequence ? lol thats been proven wrong in suits before... so try again.. REAL jounalists are supposed to fact check things of that magnitude ... obviously if this were done they would have found the 0.00 reading on the breathalizer .. But NO.. they needed to sell copy or gain clicks so they ran with the Lie that they helped make up... sure Tiger is wrong... no doubt.. But its not OK in this country to report on a fist fight and instead of reporting on the fight as it happened you report that a guy attacked another with a chainsaw to sell copy... thats a LIE.... same same here...

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

It has probably been said/asked in this thread but I figured I would ask again...

Love him or hate him, am I the only one that is a little bit surprised that the officers didn't just drive him home and be done with it?

I know there are law enforcement on this thread, etc etc and I know that isn't ethical, blah blah and I am not saying they should have done that...simply stating that I am surprised that they didn't. Probably could've gotten a handsome reward.

agree.... its very likely that alot of cops would.. especially if no body cam required to be On.... debatable whether its right or wrong.. probbaly would hamper him from getting help... But a large part of me knows that if it were a cop and one of his friends the person is likely driven home and car towed to residence.. at least in the small town i live in this would be the case

It's probably happened a lot that we don't know about. We only know of the two times that he got caught and it was reported.

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

The videotape supports their initial report that the officer smelled alcohol. Who knows who provided that info to them, but it was likely one of the cops or PD folks close to the scene. Not their fault if the report doesn't reflect the initial info.

lol so TMZ can literally print whatever and have no consequence ? lol thats been proven wrong in suits before... so try again.. REAL jounalists are supposed to fact check things of that magnitude ... obviously if this were done they would have found the 0.00 reading on the breathalizer .. But NO.. they needed to sell copy or gain clicks so they ran with the Lie that they helped make up... sure Tiger is wrong... no doubt.. But its not OK in this country to report on a fist fight and instead of reporting on the fight as it happened you report that a guy attacked another with a chainsaw to sell copy... thats a LIE.... same same here...

So that is black and white but it's somehow unclear if it would be OK for the cops to have just given him a get out of jail free card, driven him home and tucked him back in just because of who he is?

You're unbelievable in this thread. Please just stop with the occasional " Sure tiger is wrong" caveat. You clearly do not believe that.

Blame

The cops

the media

doctors

drug companies,

tiger

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Why not? New york times and washington post do this all the time?

So is everyone assuming that Tiger's story is not the truth? In other words everyone thinks he is abusing pills which caused this and there is no way he took the pills as directed and it caused him to loose his mind and do something that he didn't even know he was doing?

I think his statement is the truth, more or less.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

So is everyone assuming that Tiger's story is not the truth? In other words everyone thinks he is abusing pills which caused this and there is no way he took the pills as directed and it caused him to loose his mind and do something that he didn't even know he was doing?

Only thing we know for sure is it's happened twice.

Vokeys SM9 56,60

I hope thats the case.

TBD
Tour Edge Exotics CB 4 16.5 Regular Flex
Cobra Baffler hybrid 22* Regular
Mizuno MP 59 5-PW PX 5.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind wedges 54 & 58
T.P Mills Professional One 35"
Bridgesone E6 Soft Yellow

urine test should show if he was abusing the pills, right?

Depends on what test they run, some tests just tell you if they took the drug. Others will tell you detailed amounts, but I think they are blood tests.

Vokeys SM9 56,60

so he can get in the car, drive it for 8 miles, identify himself, attempt to perform the instructed sobriety tasks, recite the alphabet and offer a phone number from memory but he just didn't know what he was doing when he started his car and threw it in drive?

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

My sense is with all the back issues over the years, Tiger has had prescription meds for a while now. Two, three, four years? Who knows? We all know they can be dangerous. And that Ambien? Those stories are crazy, but I believe them, because I know someone who I trust who had the same reaction (taking Ambien, then waking and going outside, walking around in the city for an hour, etc. with no recollection).

Add to that Tiger likes to be in control of his own thing, and the possibility for self-medication/mixing and matching is there. Count me in as one who in no way would believe this was Tiger's first pharm party.

Agreed, but I'd say more than 2-4 years. In the '09 crash he was on Vicodin+Ambien+a few glasses of wine. That's already big boy stuff, and that was back when his body was a fraction as broken down as it is now.

Good points. It was, what, literally a week ago that he tweeted that he feels better than he has in years, the nerve pain is gone, etc. Then he's found unconscious and incoherent behind the wheel due to a mixup in prescription pain meds and possibly Ambien? Nope, not his first dip in the pharma pool.

so he can get in the car, drive it for 8 miles, identify himself, attempt to perform the instructed sobriety tasks, recite the alphabet and offer a phone number from memory but he just didn't know what he was doing when he started his car and threw it in drive?

I know a guy that assembled an entire computer and sent dozens of emails to his colleagues while completely zombie'd out on ambien, he doesn't recall any of it and it cost him his job. He actually used to disassemble his computer in advance to taking ambien to avoid sending emails as it was a pattern of his. People set their house alarms and have friends hide their keys prior to taking it. His behavior in that video is classic ambien behavior.

There is only one person on earth that knows the truth of the why's and how's of Monday morning and that's the droopy eyed guy in the mugshot. Whether he's telling the truth in his statement, lying, or lying to himself none of us will ever know. His ability (or lack thereof) to operate a vehicle safely that morning shouldn't be in question to anybody at this point though.

Nickent 4DX Evolver 10.5*  UST Proforce V2 HL 60R

Ping G5 13.5*                  Aerotech Power Coil 50S                        

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Maltby Top Site TS-6  putter 41"

I know a guy that assembled an entire computer and sent dozens of emails to his colleagues while completely zombie'd out on ambien, he doesn't recall any of it and it cost him his job. He actually used to disassemble his computer in advance to taking ambien to avoid sending emails as it was a pattern of his. People set their house alarms and have friends hide their keys prior to taking it. His behavior in that video is classic ambien behavior.

Guys giving interviews on Sirius said when they were on Ambien, they'd wake up and they're in the yard, laid out. One poor guy said he trashed his living room and his wife couldn't get him to wake up. That drug is bad stuff. My doc yesterday said if he was on what he said he was taking, with his history of back problems, that cocktail would be potent and could cause episodes like that.

The fact remains is that there could very well be mitigating circumstances. Not to excuse him from getting behind the wheel, but whatever he was taking caused him to be a danger. Toxicology and lawyers figure that stuff out. And still at this point, no one knows anything.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

A few things I've learned over the past few pages. Cocaine has no effect on driving skill, police agencies should disregard and not follow the law of public records, if you are compliant or intoxicated the police should just send you to the hospital, if you refuse a search by the police they will just plant something on you, it's ok to take pills and drive as long as you don't feel the effects of the pills before driving, and if you are found under the influence behind the wheel of a wrecked car in the street the police should just take you home (and this always happens if it's a cops friend). I'm sure I've missed a ton. Keep them coming golfwrx.

How many times does Tiger get to drive like this until he's held accountable? How many minor auto accidents are you willing to say "no harm, no foul" over? When will it be OK to say that Tiger is responsible for his own behavior? That he needs to adjust his medications and take steps to ensure he won't be crashing another car any time soon? Never? Just keep on trucking Tig!

The excuse making in this thread shouldn't be a surprise I guess. The bottom line is, Hes a big boy, He is responsible for what he does. and that includes taking medication as prescribed and not driving when he can't find his own nose. And from his statement the following day, it sounds like he understands that way better than his issue confusing, obfuscating, misdirecting and blaming anyone or anything other than him minions. He seems to get it, why don't you guys?

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

How many times does Tiger get to drive like this until he's held accountable? How many minor auto accidents are you willing to say "no harm, no foul" over? When will it be OK to say that Tiger is responsible for his own behavior? That he needs to adjust his medications and take steps to ensure he won't be crashing another car any time soon? Never? Just keep on trucking Tig!

The excuse making in this thread shouldn't be a surprise I guess. The bottom line is, Hes a big boy, He is responsible for what he does. and that includes taking medication as prescribed and not driving when he can't find his own nose. And from his statement the following day, it sounds like he understands that way better than his issue confusing, obfuscating, misdirecting and blaming anyone or anything other than him minions. He seems to get it, why don't you guys?

I think because there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that a drug that Tiger has taken in the past legally prescribedcan have very scary side effects. The fact that doctors are willing to pass out this drug and our pill popping culture in general is a much greater issue to society than a simple DUI.

Alcohol can do the same thing. People black out and have no clue what they did or where they have been. Doesn't make it ok. People never have a problem until the problem occurs. Point is he mixed Ambien with other meds. Happened before caused problems before.

Vokeys SM9 56,60

I think because there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that a drug that Tiger has taken in the past legally prescribedcan have very scary side effects. The fact that doctors are willing to pass out this drug and our pill popping culture in general is a much greater issue to society than a simple DUI.

OK,to be clear. He's not responsible then?

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

I agree and it's the most prescribed sleep med. Most of the problems though occur when people drink or take other meds. The problem is since they can't remember anything you don't know what they actually took or drank with it.

Vokeys SM9 56,60

Question. When Tiger hit the fire hydrant was it because he was 1/2 knocked unconsciousness from being hit by a 9 iron wielded by his wife or because of meds?

I always assumed it was because of the panic of the situation and trying to escape the crazy PO'd wife, but now something tells me there was something more involved. Did I miss some key info back when this occurred?

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Question. When Tiger hit the fire hydrant was it because he was 1/2 knocked unconsciousness from being hit by a 9 iron wielded by his wife or because of meds?

I always assumed it was because of the panic of the situation and trying to escape the crazy PO'd wife, but now something tells me there was something more involved. Did I miss some key info back when this occurred?

Didn't Elin have to smash the window to get him out of the car because he was unconscious/asleep/etc?

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

I thought it was a 8 iron did she club down? LOL

Vokeys SM9 56,60

Im interested to see where this whole thing ends up. Will Tiger plead it down (which is what I think will happen) and admit guilt to a wreckless op charge and let it die (also what I think will happen). Or will he fight it and file suit against a major pharma company to try and save face. Seems like he would have a case if it truly were a negative side effect and there would be potentially $100s of millions at stake given his name, brand, occupation and potential loss of endorses.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5