Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

So is everyone assuming that Tiger's story is not the truth? In other words everyone thinks he is abusing pills which caused this and there is no way he took the pills as directed and it caused him to loose his mind and do something that he didn't even know he was doing?

so he can get in the car, drive it for 8 miles, identify himself, attempt to perform the instructed sobriety tasks, recite the alphabet and offer a phone number from memory but he just didn't know what he was doing when he started his car and threw it in drive?

I know a guy that assembled an entire computer and sent dozens of emails to his colleagues while completely zombie'd out on ambien, he doesn't recall any of it and it cost him his job. He actually used to disassemble his computer in advance to taking ambien to avoid sending emails as it was a pattern of his. People set their house alarms and have friends hide their keys prior to taking it. His behavior in that video is classic ambien behavior.

How many times does Tiger get to drive like this until he's held accountable? How many minor auto accidents are you willing to say "no harm, no foul" over? When will it be OK to say that Tiger is responsible for his own behavior? That he needs to adjust his medications and take steps to ensure he won't be crashing another car any time soon? Never? Just keep on trucking Tig!

The excuse making in this thread shouldn't be a surprise I guess. The bottom line is, Hes a big boy, He is responsible for what he does. and that includes taking medication as prescribed and not driving when he can't find his own nose. And from his statement the following day, it sounds like he understands that way better than his issue confusing, obfuscating, misdirecting and blaming anyone or anything other than him minions. He seems to get it, why don't you guys?

So now you are going off topic from what I posted and you responded to and taking it to a place that I have not entered in this thread.... Go reply to someone else if you want to start talking about responsibility as I have not been involved with those discussions. Funny that if I called someone a minion on this forum I would get a 120 day suspension.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im interested to see where this whole thing ends up. Will Tiger plead it down (which is what I think will happen) and admit guilt to a wreckless op charge and let it die (also what I think will happen). Or will he fight it and file suit against a major pharma company to try and save face. Seems like he would have a case if it truly were a negative side effect and there would be potentially $100s of millions at stake given his name, brand, occupation and potential loss of endorses.

Really hard once a drug has been generic this long to go after the drug company. Not saying it's not possible just not as likely, the dollars just aren't there. Unless he was specifically requesting Brand name.

When you add in taking other meds and patient history of problems, doubt you would have a case.

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

I've known two people that had the Ambien zombie thing happen to them - not driving, but wandering aimlessly in the house. Interesting that this might be one of the more important things that comes out of this entire charade, Its tough to feel for a guy that's been as successful as Tiger, and certainly has the means to not have stuff like this happen, when he could have easily killed someone. But the guy built himself a cage that he has to live in for the rest of his life. He gets empathy from me, not sympathy.

So is everyone assuming that Tiger's story is not the truth? In other words everyone thinks he is abusing pills which caused this and there is no way he took the pills as directed and it caused him to loose his mind and do something that he didn't even know he was doing?

so he can get in the car, drive it for 8 miles, identify himself, attempt to perform the instructed sobriety tasks, recite the alphabet and offer a phone number from memory but he just didn't know what he was doing when he started his car and threw it in drive?

Yep...If you are the court of popular opinion, you have already convicted Woods. I think it is a little early for that, don't you? You think you know everything you need to, in order to summarily convict but this sycophant believes that much more needs to be known before he can be convicted in any court.

We don't know:

When he took the meds or in what combination.

Was he taking them as prescribed.

What is the potential affect on the mind and body of such a combination.

How long do the effects of the drug reaction usually last

Was he aware of his condition, his location, his state of mind and body, when he got into the car.

There are probably more things to consider, things that you may not care about. Because you have already convicted him.

No man should be treated as guilty until all the facts are known and he is either freed or found guilty beyond any reasonable doubt.

Or has there been a change to your constitution that I am unaware of?

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

@KYMER

I don't know. This brings up a lot of big questions. If he was taking a legally prescribed drug for a legitimate medical condition and it is proven that sleep walking/strange sleep behaviors is a side effect of the drug, I would have to say some responsibility would shift. You have to place some blame on the doctor for prescribing the pill (if it was known prior to the prescription something like this could happen), the drug company for making the drug, the drug regulators for approving the drug, the general drug culture we have in the US, and Tiger as well for not seeking other alternatives than drugs. If this was not the case and Tiger did do something wrong in the process of taking whatever drug he took, then it is 100% his fault. It is too early to know at this moment.

I know a guy that assembled an entire computer and sent dozens of emails to his colleagues while completely zombie'd out on ambien, he doesn't recall any of it and it cost him his job. He actually used to disassemble his computer in advance to taking ambien to avoid sending emails as it was a pattern of his. People set their house alarms and have friends hide their keys prior to taking it. His behavior in that video is classic ambien behavior.

How many times does Tiger get to drive like this until he's held accountable? How many minor auto accidents are you willing to say "no harm, no foul" over? When will it be OK to say that Tiger is responsible for his own behavior? That he needs to adjust his medications and take steps to ensure he won't be crashing another car any time soon? Never? Just keep on trucking Tig!

The excuse making in this thread shouldn't be a surprise I guess. The bottom line is, Hes a big boy, He is responsible for what he does. and that includes taking medication as prescribed and not driving when he can't find his own nose. And from his statement the following day, it sounds like he understands that way better than his issue confusing, obfuscating, misdirecting and blaming anyone or anything other than him minions. He seems to get it, why don't you guys?

So now you are going off topic from what I posted and you responded to and taking it to a place that I have not entered in this thread.... Go reply to someone else if you want to start talking about responsibility as I have not been involved with those discussions. Funny that if I called someone a minion on this forum I would get a 120 day suspension.

No SS you're right. In fact I almost said "not you in particular" but lost that train of thought., That indictment wasn't directed towards you really at all. It was in response to the people who have,. from the beginning , made every effort to mitigate Tiger's responsibility and are willing to blame anyone and anything first,second, third.... and him somewhere well down the list.

And I will say that i don't doubt the horror stories over the effects of ambien. and i don't doubt something like that could have played a role in this situation. I'm just saying that that doesn't ultimately take away his responsibility. There is no question that this is a vastly different situation than if he were all boozed up. No one is arguing that.

As far as I am concerned. go to court, wrap it up, better manage your medications in the future, (and i suppose get help if it's really an issue) and try to get that back in proper working order and try to play this stupid game again.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

@KYMER

I don't know. This brings up a lot of big questions. If he was taking a legally prescribed drug for a legitimate medical condition and it is proven that sleep walking/strange sleep behaviors is a side effect of the drug, I would have to say some responsibility would shift. You have to place some blame on the doctor for prescribing the pill (if it was known prior to the prescription something like this could happen), the drug company for making the drug, the drug regulators for approving the drug, the general drug culture we have in the US, and Tiger as well for not seeking other alternatives than drugs. If this was not the case and Tiger did do something wrong in the process of taking whatever drug he took, then it is 100% his fault. It is too early to know at this moment.

I fully disagree. It's up to the person putting it in their body to know the effects and to ensure nothing adverse will happen from their actions. Pencil companies know their product can be sharpened and used to kill someone but they should not be responsible if someone uses it as a deadly weapon. Everyone knows drinking alcohol in excess can have detrimental effects, but the alcohol company isn't held responsible when a drunk kills someone. It's tigers fault/responsibility unless he was drugged against his will by someone. I understand tiger may not be culpable in this incident but if not culpable he is negligent.

So I can start drinking again, since I'm an alcoholic and I will be void the personal responsibility?

Beer and liquor commercials put forth a very unrealistic expectation. It's got to be Budweiser and Jack Daniels fault?

Yay!

We are no longer talking about alcohol. He blew .000.

But you and I both know that no matter how much alcohol you consume, the conscious mind, if one is still awake and mobile, instinctively knows whether one should be driving or not.

Can the same be said of the drug combo we seem to be seeing here? I don't know. Add that question to those I've already asked in a previous post.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

So I can start drinking again, since I'm an alcoholic and I will be void the personal responsibility?

Beer and liquor commercials put forth a very unrealistic expectation. It's got to be Budweiser and Jack Daniels fault?

Yay!

But you and I both know that no matter how much alcohol you consume, the conscious mind, if one is still awake and mobile, instinctively knows whether one should be driving or not.

Can the same be said of the drug combo we seem to be seeing here? I don't know. Add that question to those I've already asked in a previous post.

Again. That was my vice.

His is pills. I'm not same he was drunk. I'm saying that his problem and my problem are comparable. I was drawing similarities. I'm in no way saying that he was drunk.

Seriously?

Yay!

Everyday people have a couple of beers or couple glasses of wine, truly believe they are ok to drive, but are effected in that their driving skill and motor skills are effected. Similar to some saying they can take prescribed pills or even cocaine and their driving isn't effected, it may be false. Just like the person texting while driving believes they are just cruising along in a straight line but would put a dui driver to shame.

@KYMER

I fully disagree. It's up to the person putting it in their body to know the effects and to ensure nothing adverse will happen from their actions. Pencil companies know their product can be sharpened and used to kill someone but they should not be responsible if someone uses it as a deadly weapon. Everyone knows drinking alcohol in excess can have detrimental effects, but the alcohol company isn't held responsible when a drunk kills someone. It's tigers fault/responsibility unless he was drugged against his will by someone. I understand tiger may not be culpable in this incident but if not culpable he is negligent.

In my experience, a doctor tells you what to do and what not to do when taking high octane pain meds. Avoiding meds like Ambien and even cold meds that can make you drowsy are part of that list. I could see Tiger maybe having sleepless nights and saying, "screw it, I'm popping an ambien or two anyways". Obviously thinking something like what we saw would not be in the cards. But if he did that he would be going against doctor's orders (one would think).

Im interested to see where this whole thing ends up. Will Tiger plead it down (which is what I think will happen) and admit guilt to a wreckless op charge and let it die (also what I think will happen). Or will he fight it and file suit against a major pharma company to try and save face. Seems like he would have a case if it truly were a negative side effect and there would be potentially $100s of millions at stake given his name, brand, occupation and potential loss of endorses.

He will plead this out. Tiger and his team want this to go away as quickly and quietly as possible. Suing Pfizer or whoever would involve discovery, public examination of medical records, sworn depositions, it would drag on forever, and big pharma has endless money.

Yep...If you are the court of popular opinion, you have already convicted Woods. I think it is a little early for that, don't you? You think you know everything you need to, in order to summarily convict but this sycophant believes that much more needs to be known before he can be convicted in any court.

We don't know:

Was he aware of his condition, his location, his state of mind and body, when he got into the car.

There are probably more things to consider, things that you may not care about. Because you have already convicted him.

No man should be treated as guilty until all the facts are known and he is either freed or found guilty beyond any reasonable doubt.

I'm surprised you didn't try working in a "free speech!" straw man argument in this diatribe.

I'm not a juror, I am not a judge. I am unbound by anything as a citizen from forming a judgement over a guy who thinks "alphabet" and "national anthem" are the same things, who can't tie his shoes, and doesn't know where he is while operating a vehicle on public road ways. I don't have a stake in his fate here. But i call them as i see them,. Here's a little checklist you can do.

1` Was he completely messed up? check

2. Was he driving a car? check.

The legal systems burden is far heavier than merely making observations of some pretty unambiguous video tape.

Also," I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions"

and

"I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends, and the fans. I expect more from myself, too. I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again"

Sure sounds like he's putting the cart before the horse here! I mean so much for the constitution.

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Minions? My 3 year old loves Minions!

shareimage.jpg

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

We don't know:

I'm surprised you didn't try working in a "free speech!" straw man argument in this diatribe.

I'm not a juror, I am not a judge. I am unbound by anything as a citizen from forming a judgement over a guy who thinks "alphabet" and "national anthem" are the same things, who can't tie his shoes, and doesn't know where he is while operating a vehicle on public road ways. I don't have a stake in his fate here. But i call them as i see them,. Here's a little checklist you can do.

The legal systems burden is far heavier than merely making observations of some pretty unambiguous video tape.

Also,"I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions"

and

"I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends, and the fans. I expect more from myself, too. I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again"

Sure sounds like he's putting the cart before the horse here! I mean so much for the constitution.

TW got a dui.

He will go to court. If he is guilty he will pay a fine and lose his license maybe.

What else are we looking for here?

Exile to Elba?

If your friend had that reaction to Ambien he should have stopped taking it. At some point you have to take responsibility for your actions if they are drug induced.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

We don't know:

One question, If he killed a family member of yours while driving under the influence would you give a crap about any of this stuff.

He's 100% guilty of driving under the influence, any discussions regarding the cocktail and his reaction or any other circumstances will matter when it comes to sentencing.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

We don't know:

Also,"I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions"

and

TW got a dui.

He will go to court. If he is guilty he will pay a fine and lose his license maybe.

Exile to Elba?

I don know why you're quoting me and writing this. I said essentially the same thing 10 posts or whatever ago. Have you seen anyone call for some unusually severe penalty?

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

If your friend had that reaction to Ambien he should have stopped taking it. At some point you have to take responsibility for your actions if they are drug induced.

WTF do you know about this person's situation and why they were taking certain medication? It's so easy to read one sentence and then determine "yup he should have stopped taking it". Basically it's like me telling Tom Watson, "you should have hit a 9 iron and you would have won the Brit Open". You guys that are denouncing the apologist in this thread are just as bad as they are. Forming opinions and declaring right and wrong all based on assumptions and very little facts.

@KYMER

I do think Tiger always has some responsibility, I just said I could see a scenario where he is not fully responsible.

I think this is a very complex and important issue we face. If Tiger or anyone else has a legitimate medical condition and doctors and federal regulators feel it is okay to take a certain medication, and that person takes that medication, and something like this happens, do you really believe that person is 100% responsible? What is that person supposed to do in that situation? Not take the drug and live with the condition? Seek other forms of treatment? I don't know. Well educated people in position of authority say it is okay to do something, so you do it. Then something like this happens and that person is 100% responsible? That just doesn't seem right to me. I know it feels good to say someone is always 100% responsible for their actions, but is that really the case? I'm not so sure. I'm willing to wait and see and learn more about the topic because it seems very interesting to me. There is a lot of big issues going on in this case from DUI laws, personal responsibility questions, pharmaceutical industry issues, mental health, media, etc. I think this story is just beginning.

We don't know:

and

TW got a dui.

Exile to Elba?

St. Helena?

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Yay!

That's just...........wow............That's not how booze works........at all......

@KYMER

I do think Tiger always has some responsibility, I just said I could see a scenario where he is not fully responsible.

I think this is a very complex and important issue we face. If Tiger or anyone else has a legitimate medical condition and doctors and federal regulators feel it is okay to take a certain medication, and that person takes that medication, and something like this happens, do you really believe that person is 100% responsible? What is that person supposed to do in that situation? Not take the drug and live with the condition? Seek other forms of treatment? I don't know. Well educated people in position of authority say it is okay to do something, so you do it. Then something like this happens and that person is 100% e responsible? That just doesn't seem right to me. I know it feels good to say someone is always 100% responsible for their actions, but is that really the case? I'm not so sure. I'm willing to wait and see and learn more about the topic because it seems very interesting to me. There is a lot of big issues going on in this case from DUI laws, personal responsibility questions, pharmaceutical industry issues, mental health, media, etc. I think this story is just beginning.

This is a fair post. With the info we have now, I believe tiger is fully responsible but my position can change depending on facts presented. Tigers own statements have been pretty damning although I do respect him saying something and taking responsibility.