2017 NBA Season (incl Draft / Free Agency)

Tailgater

The Celtics have so many options, potential and the most promising team in the league. Tatum is the real deal and probably my favorite young player in the league. Irving/Hayward/Brown/Tatum/horford make for an amazing starting 5. It’s hard to imagine, but I think they are amazing with that cAst. If they are weak anywhere it’s a back up big man, but that’s the only hole I’ve seen. You could think about a possible true center, but I don’t think that really flows. Monroe was serviceable too. I am not sure what I would even do if I were Danny Ainge. I think if Tatum can be your superstar and kyrie can be a strong second option they can win titles

G400 Max 9* Ping tour 65r   

G410 17.5* Atmos Blue 7r

G25 23* oban devotion

G400 5-U AWT 2.0

Tour-W 56* AWT

Karsten Craz-e

Black Hoofer C-1 

K Sig

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston could potentially trade Kyrie and Brown or Tatum for a player like Davis or Kawhi if they became available.

Imagine if Philly traded Simmons for Kawhi or Davis.

The Pelicans are actually not in a terrible position anymore. This past season was like a total 180. Jrue Holiday played like a superstar at times and had a very good season overall. E-Twaun Moore at 9M suddenly seems very reasonable as he's like a slightly poor man's Khris Middleton. Mirotic showed a lot of flashes at 12M

Suddenly their contracts really aren't bad and they made the second round

After next season only Davis, Holiday and Soloman Grundy are signed.

I don't see any way the Pelicans trade Davis as they can still legitimately hope to surround him with guys before his contract is up

Now if they pay Boogie 30M a year and he is a bust....well......then they have problems.

What do you think the Pelicans could get for Boogie in a trade? Trade value was already lowered by the injury, then Ewing theory potential with the team playing better after he went down.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Boston could potentially trade Kyrie and Brown or Tatum for a player like Davis or Kawhi if they became available.

The Pelicans are actually not in a terrible position anymore. This past season was like a total 180. Jrue Holiday played like a superstar at times and had a very good season overall. E-Twaun Moore at 9M suddenly seems very reasonable as he's like a slightly poor man's Khris Middleton. Mirotic showed a lot of flashes at 12M

I don't see any way the Pelicans trade Davis as they can still legitimately hope to surround him with guys before his contract is up

Now if they pay Boogie 30M a year and he is a bust....well......then they have problems.

What do you think the Pelicans could get for Boogie in a trade? Trade value was already lowered by the injury, then Ewing theory potential with the team playing better after he went down.

Boogie is a free agent.

to win a championship now? or in 5 years?

if now, then I don't see how you still don't draft steph curry.

In 5 years, give me AD

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I think you guys are moving a little quick on Tatum. He's good I get it but he also played on a squad where he really did not have a lot of responsibility and has some really good offensive players. He has played one year so far.

You're right but that's the thing with trade value it's always give and take, Tatum is not 50% of the player Anthony Davis is but you get him 7 years. Davis you get 2 years guaranteed.

Do you remember in this thread like 5 years ago i posted Anthony Davis had the highest trade value in the league and i got thoroughly panned. I think one guy said he wouldn't put him over Lamarcus Aldridge. This was when Davis was averaging like 12-9

The thing is Aldridge has switched teams since then and Davis has blossomed into Anthony Friggin Davis all while still playing for the Pelicans.

Tatum is a special talent, for all we know another Kevin Durant. I honestly don't think the Celtics pick up the phone on any calls for him. They'd probably have a meeting about Davis, but i'd bet they say no without a guarantee from Davis. Even then maybe not. People LOVE Tatum. His teammates in Boston apparently rave about him

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Can I pick a GM? I'm picking Jeff.

Player wise- Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant.

Careful, i have irrational love for Andrew Wiggins, who might be terrible

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

If we started a franchise today who would everyone start with?

Antetokounmpo

Hard to go wrong, he's so damn good. He'll probably win an MVP and a DPOY. At least one of each

He's only 23. I think under those pretenses him or Anthony Davis who is 25 are the selections provided the contracts start from scratch.

Both Giannis and AD are awesome and seem to have that fire. Like where they get pissed and take over games, dunk on guys and scowl etc....essentially all the things that Andrew Wiggins has not done once yet

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Boogie is a free agent.

Thanks, for some reason thought next year was his last year on the contract.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I think you guys are moving a little quick on Tatum. He's good I get it but he also played on a squad where he really did not have a lot of responsibility and has some really good offensive players. He has played one year so far.

You're right but that's the thing with trade value it's always give and take, Tatum is not 50% of the player Anthony Davis is but you get him 7 years. Davis you get 2 years guaranteed.

Do you remember in this thread like 5 years ago i posted Anthony Davis had the highest trade value in the league and i got thoroughly panned. I think one guy said he wouldn't put him over Lamarcus Aldridge. This was when Davis was averaging like 12-9

The thing is Aldridge has switched teams since then and Davis has blossomed into Anthony Friggin Davis all while still playing for the Pelicans.

Tatum is a special talent, for all we know another Kevin Durant. I honestly don't think the Celtics pick up the phone on any calls for him. They'd probably have a meeting about Davis, but i'd bet they say no without a guarantee from Davis. Even then maybe not. People LOVE Tatum. His teammates in Boston apparently rave about him

I agree with that and by no means do I am taking it as Tatum is better than X player. Just saying he didn’t carry his team to the conference finals and it’s one year. I mean Simmons is the heart and sole of Philly, carry’s a lot larger load. Even Ingram, he’s 20, he almost doubled his offensive production in year 1 to 2, he’s literally still growing while guys like Tatum and Simmons have much more mature bodies. Tatum is a lot more refined l, and Ingram is still very raw. Do you not think Ingram could have had a great playoff run this year if he was on Boston? The kid plays PG at times and is 6’10”. I just think Tatum is in the right situation at the right time. He’s a refined offensive player on a very good team that needs an isolation player. I just don’t think his ceiling is as high as it appears to be.

I don't think it's likely but it wouldn't be the most shocking thing ever either. Problem is they have some terrible contracts that will be impossible to move (like JR Smith) which makes maneuvering hard.

But if they can trade the #8 pick for something, and then LeBron works his voodoo on Paul George to get him to opt in rather than sign a new deal, and then do a sign and trade (maybe a cedi osman sweetener for OKC to take Tristan Thompson). Cleveland does a wink wink that George gets a supermax the following year

I mean, it's theoretically possible.

George, James, love, nance, hill plus whatever they can get for the #8 pick (could they get Aaron Gordon from the magic? Delon Wright and Pascal Siakam from Toronto for depth....)

I don't know, it's possible

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Cavs have a better chance at signing Jeff then they PG. I don't think any big free agents will join him in Cleveland.

My sense is LeBron wants to leave but he wrote in that letter he would finish his career in Cleveland, insinuating he would not play anywhere else. He can fall back on "I said finish". I think he feels a little bit obligated to stay. But he has been throwing out clues left and right that he is gone. Did anyone watch the Rachael Nichols interview when he said he did not want to trade Kyrie? He can just say the franchise betrayed him with Kyrie and firing the GM.

LeBron wants to leave, his kids are in school and probably want to stay, his wife probably wants LA as does LeBron. LA would just make his life easier, he can run his businesses and take a chopper to Staples like Kobe did. He has a good young core, a great GM and VP, historic franchise, cap room. His kids are not going to want to move to Texas or Philly, LA is the only place the wife and him can sell the kids on.

I just hope he plays within Walton's game plan and Magic doesn't do something stupid like offer CP a max. I don't the LeBron that will stunt the growth of the young guys, he needs to turn them into all stars, not trade them for old all stars.

I would 100% sign with the Cavs for the league minimum. Just want to put that out there.

I'm 6 foot, 36 yrs old, have a pretty good 3pt shot and have no hope of defending anyone.

Basically I'm Jose Calderon if he also couldn't dribble.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Cavs have a better chance at signing Jeff then they PG. I don't think any big free agents will join him in Cleveland.

My sense is LeBron wants to leave but he wrote in that letter he would finish his career in Cleveland, insinuating he would not play anywhere else. He can fall back on "I said finish". I think he feels a little bit obligated to stay. But he has been throwing out clues left and right that he is gone. Did anyone watch the Rachael Nichols interview when he said he did not want to trade Kyrie? He can just say the franchise betrayed him with Kyrie and firing the GM.

LeBron wants to leave, his kids are in school and probably want to stay, his wife probably wants LA as does LeBron. LA would just make his life easier, he can run his businesses and take a chopper to Staples like Kobe did. He has a good young core, a great GM and VP, historic franchise, cap room. His kids are not going to want to move to Texas or Philly, LA is the only place the wife and him can sell the kids on.

I just hope he plays within Walton's game plan and Magic doesn't do something stupid like offer CP a max. I don't the LeBron that will stunt the growth of the young guys, he needs to turn them into all stars, not trade them for old all stars.

The Lakers makes the most sense to me too. But the way I see it working out is if the Lakers are able to trade away some of their young talent for some veterans who help them win now.

I think it would be entertaining to see how LeBron vs. the Lavar works out too.

And the LeBron not wanting Kyrie traded was nearly as ridiculous as his broken hand story.

I think trading Lonzo is one of the things GS that James forces the lakers to make if he goes there. He wasn’t too happy when Tristan started bringing a kardashian around. Pretty sure he doesn’t want anything to do with the ball family

Sign LeBron, sign Chris Paul (short contract), sign and trade for PG13. Lakers take down GS with that squad.

I mentioned earlier, Lavar ball talked about LeBron's kids and he was pissed.

I could see LeBron asking for them to trade lonzo. I could also see him signing there and showing his power by controlling lonzo, like doing his passive aggressive thing on social media to get the response he wants

Like with Gilbert, having Lavar in his pocket would be a coup for him. And he could easily do it because Lavar wouldn't want lonzo traded to a small market. So he just makes it known that if he mouths off lonzo goes to Indiana or something, and then Lavar talks about how great LeBron is

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I could see LeBron asking for them to trade lonzo. I could also see him signing there and showing his power by controlling lonzo, like doing his passive aggressive thing on social media to get the response he wants

Like with Gilbert, having Lavar in his pocket would be a coup for him. And he could easily do it because Lavar wouldn't want lonzo traded to a small market. So he just makes it known that if he mouths off lonzo goes to Indiana or something, and then Lavar talks about how great LeBron is

Three team deal... Zo and Deng to Cleveland, Love to OKC, PG to LAL. Problem solved for everyone. Trump and Kim should let me in the room to fix that little issue.

Three team deal... Zo and Deng to Cleveland, Love to OKC, PG to LAL. Problem solved for everyone. Trump and Kim should let me in the room to fix that little issue.

You know I'm down with that one!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

You know I'm down with that one!

I honestly think the Lakers could do that for Deng, Hart and a pick. At best Cle is getting a mid first for Love. They would get a potential starter in Hart, a pick, an expiring contract, and unloading Love. OKC is getting an all star instead of PG walking for free.

The Lakers makes the most sense to me too. But the way I see it working out is if the Lakers are able to trade away some of their young talent for some veterans who help them win now.

I think it would be entertaining to see how LeBron vs. the Lavar works out too.

And the LeBron not wanting Kyrie traded was nearly as ridiculous as his broken hand story.

Are you saying LeBron doesn’t have a broken hand and he wanted Kyrie traded?