no interest for the Seniors Open Championship??

jmvargas

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad to see Corey Pavin do well. its 1993 all over again!

If Langer hangs on thats 10 senior majors wow! Longevity on that tour is super special

This is his 200th champions tour start he has 32 wins / 143 top 10s / 188 top top 25s

ridiculous #s

Sure are. He's amazing. Having said that......the Champions tour is pretty boring with one guy dominating all the time.

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

been watching the last day since the beginning and was hoping for some excitement..

with no birdies yet after 13 holes bernhard langer is quite gettable today but the possible contenders are all failing miserably..specially on the greens..

he could probably win this with his C game today....

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

Langer wins by 3 with his only birdie coming on the last hole for a 72(+1)..

i cannot believe how poorly all the serious chasers putted when it counted...missing birdie putts of 10 ft or less and a lot of 3-4 footers to boot..

congrats to Bernhard...again!!

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

Good on Langer; he certainly has a great senior game. I don't follow the Champions Tour (or any other sports with age adjusted events) even though I'm going on mid 60's.

When I want to watch the best golfers and golf available I'll tune in to the PGA/Euro Tours. I do like to see senior players make a full field event though. For instance, VJ this week at the Canadian Open. He's actually playing pretty good but can't hang with the young guys over 4 days. I'd like to see him, or any other +45 year old win but it just isn't going to happen very often.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

I'm just amazed by the clubs they are using. Pavin is using a Jetspeed driver. Which got me to search for what Langer is playing and it looks like he is playing the same clubs as 2014! http://www.golfwrx.com/207709/bernhard-langers-winning-witb/

Would love to see more WITB's from Senior Tour.

Cobra LTD X LS GD AD-DI
Callaway Mavrik 4 wood GD BB
Callaway Epic Flash 7 wood GD DI

Srixon zx5 MK II

Cleveland Tour Rack 50/54/58
Scotty 1.5 

Titleist Linksmaster Bag

in these conditions hiitin' fairways and greens wins.

* those with the opinion that Langer is "cheating" with the putting set up. I'll remind you that he was cleared by rules officials on the set up.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

What does it mean to be the best 50+ golfer, any more than it means to be the best 50+ tennis or soccer player? I don't get it. But if someone is willing to pay them a truck of money well good luck to them.

one if not the only sport that you can be a rookie again at the youthful age of 50. Watched life saving measures being performed on a 64 year old on the tennis court last week.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Wouldn't the Seniors be trust in the sports spotlight if the broadcast acknowledged and centered on the fact that their current greatest champion cheats openly in front of the world to see??? Missed opportunity here. All we get is zip on discussion and close ups of the putter head.

Me thinks there wouldn't be as much c_ _p talking if he was American. Both rules organisations are happy and Bernard has been more than open. Sure just accuse an upright Christian gentleman of cheating because you can't stand a winner. Fantastic achievement, you haters can all suck it up!

Would it be asking too much for Lanny Wadkins to fall in one of those pot bunkers and have a bulldozer accidentally bury him?

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Would it be asking too much for Lanny Wadkins to fall in one of those pot bunkers and have a bulldozer accidentally bury him?

wouldnt be an accident

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Wouldn't the Seniors be trust in the sports spotlight if the broadcast acknowledged and centered on the fact that their current greatest champion cheats openly in front of the world to see??? Missed opportunity here. All we get is zip on discussion and close ups of the putter head.

Me thinks there wouldn't be as much c_ _p talking if he was American. Both rules organisations are happy and Bernard has been more than open. Sure just accuse an upright Christian gentleman of cheating because you can't stand a winner. Fantastic achievement, you haters can all suck it up!

actually i think hes getting a break because hes not american and because he is the current ticket draw to the tour.... if he werent their only headline and they didnt know that if they re-write the rule to cut out the broomstick he would likely retire, then i think it would have already happened...

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Love all these types of posts....You wouldn't be saying this if he was an American!! Blah blah blah. Total deflection. It's a specialty around here.

Bernard Langer is pressing his left forearm against his chest when he putts. I don't need him to lie and tell me he's not doing it. I don't need Brandel Chamblee to tell me that he is. And I certainly don't need the ruling bodies to tell that I don't quite understand what I can see with my own two eyes.

The other explaination that's fascinating on this forum: Well, the ruling bodies say that he's not, so it's a moot point.

Okay... You poor robots. I'm sorry that you choose to listen to others blindly, than do the research (simple in this case) and state your own beliefs. Very sad.

Love all these types of posts....You wouldn't be saying this if he was an American!! Blah blah blah. Total deflection. It's a specialty around here.

Bernard Langer is pressing his left forearm against his chest when he putts. I don't need him to lie and tell me he's not doing it. I don't need Brandel Chamblee to tell me that he is. And I certainly don't need the ruling bodies to tell that I don't quite understand what I can see with my own two eyes.

The other explaination that's fascinating on this forum: Well, the ruling bodies say that he's not, so it's a moot point.

Okay... You poor robots. I'm sorry that you choose to listen to others blindly, than do the research (simple in this case) and state your own beliefs. Very sad.

It's a conspiracy !

yes to your question. You and I were not present a the Q&A/show&tell session with the rules officials. We only have their announcement that this type of set up and stroke was/is approved. I for one am not in the frame of mind to call a professional golfer and numerous rules officials liars. However I am in the frame of mind to hazard a guess that your really Jack and your pissed cause Langer has tied your record and most likely surpass it.... :pimp:

I have watched it. I don't what research is required. I choose to accept Bernard's word for it. What would you do? Place a hard backed book between his hand and chest, then remove it! The man is a man of integrity who has been a champion around the world and a fine example to all that love the game and aspire to someday play to his level. Sure call him a cheat or hope that the putter is banned and then he could retire. Oh that would suit some agendas, sure we told you!

Im glad to see Corey Pavin do well. its 1993 all over again!

If Langer hangs on thats 10 senior majors wow! Longevity on that tour is super special

This is his 200th champions tour start he has 32 wins / 143 top 10s / 188 top top 25s

ridiculous #s

Shows the lack of depth more than anything. Langer has it on his terms without having to worry about guys like Norman and Faldo beating his a #$. There is more money to be made off course for the really top players these days, and the very generous superannuation scheme set up by the PGA Tour will mean guys with decent careers will be very well compensated in retirement. I don't see guys like Ernie or Phil or Tiger playing the Seniors. The days of top golfers going to the senior tour have passed.

I have watched it. I don't what research is required. I choose to accept Bernard's word for it. What would you do? Place a hard backed book between his hand and chest, then remove it! The man is a man of integrity who has been a champion around the world and a fine example to all that love the game and aspire to someday play to his level. Sure call him a cheat or hope that the putter is banned and then he could retire. Oh that would suit some agendas, sure we told you!

I wouldn't take his word for it. He could be lying. I mean he's a "friend" of a known liar that has an obsession with Twitter and someone I don't think has any integrity. Sometimes birds of a feather flock together and people like that will do whatever it takes to "win".

I know that's a stretch for lots of you out there, not for me though.

Electrodes. Mild charge, of course. Just singe his chest hairs a little when he cheats.