Stitch SL1 stand bag

Weight schmeight :) They are definitely two different materials. The luxe is the same thing they use for their luggage. Definitely a 'canvas' type material and they do say water resistant instead of proof.

Reckon they'd be nicer day in/day out, but the standard SL1 would surely hold up better in inclement weather?

I pulled the trigger today. The deal was too good. I have been thinking of this bag for a long time at $328 (standard) and liked the vintage grey color better but not the $368 cost.

I called in and asked some question. Yes, the fabrics for the standard/resort vs vintage is different. A little more pliable compared to the normal bag with highly water resistant vs waterproof.

It is basically $69 bucks off the bag + 3 free headcovers. If you like any of the headcovers, it is gravy in addition to the pretty good discount for stuff that is not usually discounted.

That's interesting concerning the water repelling capabilities and what they told you. The following is directly from their website under the respective product descriptions:

• Vintage Luxe SL1 -- "fully waterproof with sealed zippers & attachable rain hood"
  • Resort SL1-- "stain resistant and fully waterproof with sealed zippers & attachable rain hood"

Anyone swap out the shoulder strap? I find the rubber shoulder strap on my resort SL1 to be uncomfortable. Was thinking about getting a padded double strap.

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

Took the plunge and ordered a SL1 resort with the free head covers (white bag with light blue trim and matching sea blue covers - same color scheme as my son’s travel baseball team that I manage). This is on top of a 2017 Ping Hoofer with our club logo that I picked up three weeks ago, I definitely have problems.

I’m thinking about jumping at the $249 with free covers deal, as well. Thoughts?

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

I’m thinking about jumping at the $249 with free covers deal, as well. Thoughts?

The deal is good if you have been thinking about these bags and price was the only thing keeping you away. The specific resort deal (249) is going to depend on if those colors are something that you like because they are bold.

I got the Luxe deal because the gray was a color that I had my eye on, so it worked out.

The deal is good if you have been thinking about these bags and price was the only thing keeping you away. The specific resort deal (249) is going to depend on if those colors are something that you like because they are bold.

I got the Luxe deal because the gray was a color that I had my eye on, so it worked out.

I’ve been thinking of a lightweight, brand agnostic bag. I love the clean, bold colors. I was also looking for knit fairway and hybrid covers. Needless to say, I bit and picked up the white/blue bag with matching set of covers. I threw in the Space Lab putter cover for 50% off to get free shipping.

So any regrets for those of you that got the Resort or Vintage? Looks to be a great deal on a great bag but just wondering if it's too minimalist.

Except for only 1-strap OOTB and no handle at the top, it's got everything all modern bags have: what's minimalist about it?

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

So any regrets for those of you that got the Resort or Vintage? Looks to be a great deal on a great bag but just wondering if it's too minimalist.

I don't think so. What pushed me to it was that in my bag, I was only filling the bottom half of the pockets. I think there could be some situations in cold or wet weather that could expose the lack of space if the conditions don't materialize (you bring the raingear but no rain). I bought a Jones strap because the Stitch strap is "hard", and I really like the strap on my Jones carry bag that has no stand.

I have a Sun Mountain 3.5 that works perfectly well if I ever need more of what the SL1 offers.

Except for only 1-strap OOTB and no handle at the top, it's got everything all modern bags have: what's minimalist about it?

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles which is what I like about it. Reminds me of the old Jones bags I used back in the day. Just wondering after purchasing if people wished it had this or that. The single strap and lack of handle on top are good points but I think I would be okay with.

The bag is solid, cleans well, good stand, and clubs really dont bind too much. Storage can be an issue, but for reference in one of the side saddle pockets I carry about 10 balls, a decent sized bag of tees / ball markers and sun screen, and in the other I have a pair of rain gloves, a spare normal glove, a putting plate, rain jacket and pants. Now if it were to rain on me, I wouldn't have the rain hood on me so that is something that I would have to put on before hand.

So far the biggest downside is the strap is definitely on the hard side, I'm looking at either buying the Jones strap to keep it a single strap, or maybe the Vessel Strap to make it a double strap bag

The bag is solid, cleans well, good stand, and clubs really dont bind too much. Storage can be an issue, but for reference in one of the side saddle pockets I carry about 10 balls, a decent sized bag of tees / ball markers and sun screen, and in the other I have a pair of rain gloves, a spare normal glove, a putting plate, rain jacket and pants. Now if it were to rain on me, I wouldn't have the rain hood on me so that is something that I would have to put on before hand.

So far the biggest downside is the strap is definitely on the hard side, I'm looking at either buying the Jones strap to keep it a single strap, or maybe the Vessel Strap to make it a double strap bag

Depending on what color you want, you can call into Jones and get more color options than appear for purchase online.

https://www.jonesgolfbags.com/collections/carry-bags/products/original-jones-vinyl-shoulder-strap-white

Is this the Jones strap that one would use to replace the existing Stitch one?

Any Jones strap would work. Personal preference if you want vinyl (your link) or nylon. You can also look at the stand bags and see if any of those colors in nylon would best match. The vinyl is only in black or white I believe.

I chose a nylon charcoal. For the gray luxe charcoal would be dark and the gray would be too light.

Are the Jones straps padded? Hard to tell in the photo. The SL1 strap is awful, not at all comfortable to carry a bag for 18 holes.

I really like the SL1 and I own my own golf cart and it works nice on there plus I carry all my “stuff” in my cart. I am thinking that when I go on a buddies trip to a walking only resort - streamsong, sand valley, bandon - the SL1 presents a problem because I am not sure what I will do with a pullover or vest or rain jacket or rain pants or umbrella that I am no longer wearing as the round goes on. The pockets on the SL1 are tiny so I supposed I could fold/stuff a jacket or vest in there - maybe. As is, i have just enough room in the SL1 for a few sleeves of balls, tees, gloves, cash.

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

Are the Jones straps padded? Hard to tell in the photo. The SL1 strap is awful, not at all comfortable to carry a bag for 18 holes.

I really like the SL1 and I own my own golf cart and it works nice on there plus I carry all my "stuff" in my cart. I am thinking that when I go on a buddies trip to a walking only resort - streamsong, sand valley, bandon - the SL1 presents a problem because I am not sure what I will do with a pullover or vest or rain jacket or rain pants or umbrella that I am no longer wearing as the round goes on. The pockets on the SL1 are tiny so I supposed I could fold/stuff a jacket or vest in there - maybe. As is, i have just enough room in the SL1 for a few sleeves of balls, tees, gloves, cash.

Jones has very padded straps and very comfy.

Has anyone purchased the gray vintage bag...if so.... pics please? :)

The strap has been replaced with a Jones nylon strap. It doesn't look at cool as the Stitch strap but feels so much better. This picture is in full sun, so it may appear a bit washed out.

13 clubs. All headcovered clubs in the top (Driver, two fairways, hybrid, and putter) and all irons (5-S) in the bottom.

What the heck is with the "insulated water bottle pocket"?!? Surely, they are not referring to the tiny nylon pocket that my bag has... Can any owners confirm that their SL1 has an insulated pocket, as advertised?

P.S. This strap must be absolutely horrible. I have staff bags with more "supple" straps.

The strap is pretty bad. The whole strap is made of a synthetic plastic/rubber that that can be uncomfortable on the shoulder. I have many Sunday bags, and this is by far the worst strap.

My biggest gripe with it is that two (original and replacement) have started ripping at the seams where the blue (I have the white/blue bag) part of the strap attaches to the black rubber/padded portion of the strap. Both of mine have done that. It's a design flaw (IMO), and I can't imagine a 3rd wouldn't do that.

I received the SL1/head covers sale-combo last week. I only walk. I've played nine twice and will never use this bag, as currently configured, again. As mentioned, the strap is worse than bad. Frankly, reverting to a single strap and the pressure on my right shoulder, only, is the problem. Double straps are far better. I was told by one of our club merchandisers that Stitch is likely to introduce a similar bag with a doubler strap at the PGA Show. If I were in the market, I would definitely wait for that introduction.

I received the SL1/head covers sale-combo last week. I only walk. I've played nine twice and will never use this bag, as currently configured, again. As mentioned, the strap is worse than bad. Frankly, reverting to a single strap and the pressure on my right shoulder, only, is the problem. Double straps are far better. I was told by one of our club merchandisers that Stitch is likely to introduce a similar bag with a doubler strap at the PGA Show. If I were in the market, I would definitely wait for that introduction.

So relegated to push cart or golf cart usage is there anything about this bag which warrants the price? I had thought the minimalist approach lent itself well to walkers, but if it's a disaster for the reasons you and others have identified, I may stick with my Sun Mountain 4.5 (granted the 3.5 is probably a better choice for walking).

Used mine today but on a cart. Storage wasn’t an issue, for me. Neither were clubs tangling but, again, I was on a cart. The bag looks amazing and is very stylish. The strap is very stiff but I’ve been assured by Stitch that it’ll “break in” after usage. If I paid $250 for the bag, alone, I’d feel a little put off. When I factor in all of the head covers, it was a fair price, although not the outstanding deal I originally felt. Overall, the craftsmanship seems great and the looks are tremendous. If you value those, more than some functionality, this will be a good bag.

Used mine today but on a cart. Storage wasn’t an issue, for me. Neither were clubs tangling but, again, I was on a cart. The bag looks amazing and is very stylish. The strap is very stiff but I’ve been assured by Stitch that it’ll “break in” after usage. If I paid $250 for the bag, alone, I’d feel a little put off. When I factor in all of the head covers, it was a fair price, although not the outstanding deal I originally felt. Overall, the craftsmanship seems great and the looks are tremendous. If you value those, more than some functionality, this will be a good bag.

Have yet to walk with mine as of yet, but used on a cart for 4 rounds. I actually think it is easier getting clubs in and out of the SL1 than a Hoofer 2017 which was a concern. Planning on walking this weekend for the first time.

Have yet to walk with mine as of yet, but used on a cart for 4 rounds. I actually think it is easier getting clubs in and out of the SL1 than a Hoofer 2017 which was a concern. Planning on walking this weekend for the first time.

I agree. Surprisingly, I didn’t have any difficulty getting clubs in or out, while riding. Keep in mind, this bag doesn’t have any full-length dividers. Just one tip divider and all of grips just coexist within the bottom, together.

Let us know how it fairs while walking. I’m in MN, so yesterday’s round may be my last. It’ll really suck if this isn’t a good walking bag, which is its intended design.

Had a chance to walk with the SL1 yesterday for a full 36 (the second 18 was unplanned and was a late invite from a neighbor to play his club in the pm). Have to admit, after all of the reviews, was pleasantly surprised and had no issues carrying for both rounds. Would normally use the Ping Hoofer for this, but will most likely keep the clubs in the Stitch bag for the rest of the season.

I did spend some time on Friday night with the strap working it through to break it in a bit which I think helped tremendously. Nothing more than just taking it off the bag and squeezing for 5 to 10 minutes which made it tremendously softer.

Would love it if some of the rumors of a double strap bag came true, but still very happy with the purchase to date.

Had a chance to walk with the SL1 yesterday for a full 36 (the second 18 was unplanned and was a late invite from a neighbor to play his club in the pm). Have to admit, after all of the reviews, was pleasantly surprised and had no issues carrying for both rounds. Would normally use the Ping Hoofer for this, but will most likely keep the clubs in the Stitch bag for the rest of the season.

I did spend some time on Friday night with the strap working it through to break it in a bit which I think helped tremendously. Nothing more than just taking it off the bag and squeezing for 5 to 10 minutes which made it tremendously softer.

Would love it if some of the rumors of a double strap bag came true, but still very happy with the purchase to date.

Good to hear. Spoke with a very nice rep from Stitch, last week, about a separate issue and he was adamant about the strap breaking in. He acknowledged that it is very stiff, when new, but assured me that wouldn’t always be the case. I have to give their customer service credit for being very helpful. Seems like a good company.