Stitch SL1 stand bag

> @codylowrygolf said:

> > @duffer987 said:

> > > @cjblake09 said:

> > > Just checked the website and only 2 colors.

> >

> > Darn ya and it's got big eff-off lettering on the side of it. Time to wait out them clearing out SL1 stock so they hopefully get some better looking options for the SL2.

>

> Agreed. That huge logo is... well... huge. I can't believe they got that past a focus group. I feel like part of the reason you go Stitch (or any minimalist bag) is to be more understated. I can't imagine this does well.

>

> Anyone like it?

Agreed, that is the key driver for me, that it had lots of colour choices, was waterproof, and wasn't branded up the ying-yang. My Titleist StaDry is as light as I need a bag to be and is comfortable to carry, the SL bag is really just a novelty/luxury option and this first iteration doesn't cut it. That said it is promising, as really just colours and no logo is all that's needed to sway me really.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

The SL2 bag is the miniature knock off of the tour bag, hence only having the two colors and the huge logo on the side. I’m not sure why the logo bothers everyone, most golf bags have the company name on the side. I guess to each his own. I think the most important things to me with this version are full length dividers, the double strap and waterproof is always a bonus.

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 9°
Fairway Wood: Sub 70 Pro 14°

Hybrid: Callaway Apex, 20°
Irons: Ping i210 4-PW

Wedges: 50° Sub 70, 54° Sub 70, 58° TaylorMade Hi-Toe

Putter: EVNROLL ER2B

Ball: Snell MTB Black/Snell MTB-X

GPS/Rangefinder: Precision Pro NX7 Pro

Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite

> @BigCat78 said:

> The SL2 bag is the miniature knock off of the tour bag, hence only having the two colors and the huge logo on the side. I’m not sure why the logo bothers everyone, most golf bags have the company name on the side. I guess to each his own. I think the most important things to me with this version are full length dividers, the double strap and waterproof is always a bonus.

I agree on the dividers and the double strap for some that don't like the single, but part of what drew me to the SL1 is that it's so simple and clean, largely void of branding like the rest, much like you'd see in a Jones or a Mackenzie. I'm not sure you can call a golf bag elegant, but without the logo it looks so much more so than with. Additionally, if you're big on matching covers with your bag, the new logo and color pretty much locks you in to using something with orange. No red covers anymore. If the bag was just the original in terms of logo and colors I would seriously be considering getting one as it would cover all the bases for me. The original bag with a bigger pocket would be a huge win.

Also interesting is that they now refer to it as water resistant, when I'm pretty sure when I got mine that they said waterproof. There's a big difference and that concerns me as to which mine really is.

SL2 is a whiff for me....

I was a very early adopter of the SL1 because of the lightweight and heavy waterproofing.

I don't mind the one strap at all and understand it probably limits who they'd sell to, but they managed to change a couple of the best qualities for the worse and the only positive change being a larger pocket on one side.

I'll just replace my OG Stitch with an ultralight sta dry or something.

> @VNutz said:

> > @BigCat78 said:

> > The SL2 bag is the miniature knock off of the tour bag, hence only having the two colors and the huge logo on the side. I’m not sure why the logo bothers everyone, most golf bags have the company name on the side. I guess to each his own. I think the most important things to me with this version are full length dividers, the double strap and waterproof is always a bonus.

>

> I agree on the dividers and the double strap for some that don't like the single, but part of what drew me to the SL1 is that it's so simple and clean, largely void of branding like the rest, much like you'd see in a Jones or a Mackenzie. I'm not sure you can call a golf bag elegant, but without the logo it looks so much more so than with. Additionally, if you're big on matching covers with your bag, the new logo and color pretty much locks you in to using something with orange. No red covers anymore. If the bag was just the original in terms of logo and colors I would seriously be considering getting one as it would cover all the bases for me. The original bag with a bigger pocket would be a huge win.

>

> Also interesting is that they now refer to it as water resistant, when I'm pretty sure when I got mine that they said waterproof. There's a big difference and that concerns me as to which mine really is.

@VNutz good call on the water “resistant” that one snuck right by me, I guess I assumed it was like the SL1 just bigger. Being in San Diego waterproof is the least of my concerns though. I guess we’ll see how it goes.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 9°
Fairway Wood: Sub 70 Pro 14°

Hybrid: Callaway Apex, 20°
Irons: Ping i210 4-PW

Wedges: 50° Sub 70, 54° Sub 70, 58° TaylorMade Hi-Toe

Putter: EVNROLL ER2B

Ball: Snell MTB Black/Snell MTB-X

GPS/Rangefinder: Precision Pro NX7 Pro

Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite

> @VNutz said:

>Additionally, if you're big on matching covers with your bag, the new logo and color pretty much locks you in to using something with orange. No red covers anymore. If the bag was just the original in terms of logo and colors I would seriously be considering getting one as it would cover all the bases for me. The original bag with a bigger pocket would be a huge win.

>

Great point.

> @cjblake09 said:

> Saw this in the questions/answers.

>

> would it be available without the logo on the apparel pocket? just like the clean look of sl1

> Answers (1)

> Stitch Golf 06/19/19

> A: Stay tuned. Sign up for our newsletter for updates on new product launches.

Good to know! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Also just recently got my Vintage SL1. It's quite small with not a lot of storage space, which for me is fair for a minimalist bag. I agree with others that the strap is not very comfortable so I'll also consider a Jones strap to replace it, but I really like the bag and can't wait to take it to the course this coming weekend.

pho3gucfqwqd.jpg

515p98asvire.jpg

960dmisd1zj6.jpg

svvr6ocgdzzz.jpg

> @23golfnut said:

> Also just recently got my Vintage SL1. It's quite small with not a lot of storage space, which for me is fair for a minimalist bag. I agree with others that the strap is not very comfortable so I'll also consider a Jones strap to replace it, but I really like the bag and can't wait to take it to the course this coming weekend.

> pho3gucfqwqd.jpg

> 515p98asvire.jpg

> 960dmisd1zj6.jpg

> svvr6ocgdzzz.jpg

>

Looks great! I think I’ve posted my Resort SL1 setup somewhere on here. If not, I’ll get around to it this week.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

Maybe it's because I've never carried a similar size bag (Jones or Mac) and have nothing to compare it to, but I don't find the strap to be an issue. It's a little stiff, but not bad when it's broken in. I agree about the water bottle position though. It's in the way when walking, especially with it not being very deep and most bottles sticking out of it.

> @jcolton said:

> Maybe it's because I've never carried a similar size bag (Jones or Mac) and have nothing to compare it to, but I don't find the strap to be an issue. It's a little stiff, but not bad when it's broken in. I agree about the water bottle position though. It's in the way when walking, especially with it not being very deep and most bottles sticking out of it.

I feel the same. Strap has been a non issue for me. I also have a Jones Utility Rover that I use, and while that strap is certainly softer and more plush, the Stitch doesn't bother me nearly enough to swap it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tried to love my SL1. The bag is nice to carry and I get more compliments on the bag than any other piece of equipment I have ever owned. IF it had a full length divider I would like it better, and even better yet if it had a three way divider (full length). As it is, keeping clubs organized and needing to tug clubs out of the bag has me playing a run of the mill Sun Mountain 2.5. I like a single strap bag, and generally carry my 2.5 that way, I don't need storage (half a dozen balls, some tees/ball mark/divot tool, water bottle and laser)...and in that regard the SL1 is excellent. But the club tangle (not sever just annoying) put me back in a less classy but more functional bag.

Phred

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I am really close to pulling the trigger on a new SL1 bag. A ton of guys at my club have them and rave about them. I am currently in a SM 3.5 which is sadly starting to come apart from the inside and it is less than one year old, not very happy to be honest. About me, I play 40-50 rounds per year, walk 95% of them, and generally don't carry anything other than 14 clubs, rangefinder in it's carry case on the clip on the bag, two gloves (one on me, one extra in case), water bottle, tees, and never more than 12 balls. I sometimes carry 12 because if I am by myself I will play 2-3 at a time and things may get hairy, otherwise I carry 3-6 depending on the weather conditions.

My two concerns are the top/non full length divider and the single strap for carry. With the single, smaller top and 14 clubs, how do you guys go about organizing your setup? Any real issues getting clubs in and out? And has anyone had any major issues going from a double to single strap? I personally am a huge fan of double straps.

Thanks!

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX Mk II 20 Degree Graphite Design AD-DI Hybrid 95X

Miura MC 502 4-P Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Ping PLD DS 72

Titleist Pro V1

> @iceman1118 said:

> Hey all, I am really close to pulling the trigger on a new SL1 bag. A ton of guys at my club have them and rave about them. I am currently in a SM 3.5 which is sadly starting to come apart from the inside and it is less than one year old, not very happy to be honest. About me, I play 40-50 rounds per year, walk 95% of them, and generally don't carry anything other than 14 clubs, rangefinder in it's carry case on the clip on the bag, two gloves (one on me, one extra in case), water bottle, tees, and never more than 12 balls. I sometimes carry 12 because if I am by myself I will play 2-3 at a time and things may get hairy, otherwise I carry 3-6 depending on the weather conditions.

>

> My two concerns are the top/non full length divider and the single strap for carry. With the single, smaller top and 14 clubs, how do you guys go about organizing your setup? Any real issues getting clubs in and out? And has anyone had any major issues going from a double to single strap? I personally am a huge fan of double straps.

>

> Thanks!

If you carry that little of gear than this bag should be well suited for you. I switched from a double strap to this and haven't looked back, no issues at all. In fact, this past weekend I played with a guy who picked mine up and was surprised how comfortable it was with the single strap. As to the divider, I go woods, hybrid, putter on top and irons and wedges in the bottom, no real issues. Some have complained that it's only a dual divider, but I think that's better than a 3 way divider since the top is slightly smaller; I'd think a 3 way would be tough to line up as I've seen in some Jones bags. I have no issues really getting clubs in and out. You might get a little tangle here and there but there's plenty of room in my experience.

• Like 1

> @VNutz said:

> > @iceman1118 said:

> > Hey all, I am really close to pulling the trigger on a new SL1 bag. A ton of guys at my club have them and rave about them. I am currently in a SM 3.5 which is sadly starting to come apart from the inside and it is less than one year old, not very happy to be honest. About me, I play 40-50 rounds per year, walk 95% of them, and generally don't carry anything other than 14 clubs, rangefinder in it's carry case on the clip on the bag, two gloves (one on me, one extra in case), water bottle, tees, and never more than 12 balls. I sometimes carry 12 because if I am by myself I will play 2-3 at a time and things may get hairy, otherwise I carry 3-6 depending on the weather conditions.

> >

> > My two concerns are the top/non full length divider and the single strap for carry. With the single, smaller top and 14 clubs, how do you guys go about organizing your setup? Any real issues getting clubs in and out? And has anyone had any major issues going from a double to single strap? I personally am a huge fan of double straps.

> >

> > Thanks!

>

> If you carry that little of gear than this bag should be well suited for you. I switched from a double strap to this and haven't looked back, no issues at all. In fact, this past weekend I played with a guy who picked mine up and was surprised how comfortable it was with the single strap. As to the divider, I go woods, hybrid, putter on top and irons and wedges in the bottom, no real issues. Some have complained that it's only a dual divider, but I think that's better than a 3 way divider since the top is slightly smaller; I'd think a 3 way would be tough to line up as I've seen in some Jones bags. I have no issues really getting clubs in and out. You might get a little tangle here and there but there's plenty of room in my experience.

Awesome stuff. Thanks.

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Titleist TSR2 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Srixon ZX Mk II 20 Degree Graphite Design AD-DI Hybrid 95X

Miura MC 502 4-P Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Miura Milled Tour Wedge 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Ping PLD DS 72

Titleist Pro V1

• 3 months later...

My bag has held up very well, no scratches or gouges. However, I HIGHLY recommend a golf cart strap cover from https://kelly-line.com/ if you will be using it on a golf cart. These material (Stitch and Vessel) seem to be susceptible to abrasion.

• Like 2

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

Been using the SL1 for one season and so far it's been holding up well. One of the rubber feet fell off but they were able to send me a replacement. Need to be careful with cart straps though. My bag got snagged by one of the cart guys when loading my bag and now there's a rip on the fabric under the handle.