Stitch SL1 stand bag

Had a chance to walk with the SL1 yesterday for a full 36 (the second 18 was unplanned and was a late invite from a neighbor to play his club in the pm). Have to admit, after all of the reviews, was pleasantly surprised and had no issues carrying for both rounds. Would normally use the Ping Hoofer for this, but will most likely keep the clubs in the Stitch bag for the rest of the season.

I did spend some time on Friday night with the strap working it through to break it in a bit which I think helped tremendously. Nothing more than just taking it off the bag and squeezing for 5 to 10 minutes which made it tremendously softer.

Would love it if some of the rumors of a double strap bag came true, but still very happy with the purchase to date.

Good to hear. Spoke with a very nice rep from Stitch, last week, about a separate issue and he was adamant about the strap breaking in. He acknowledged that it is very stiff, when new, but assured me that wouldn’t always be the case. I have to give their customer service credit for being very helpful. Seems like a good company.

Yes - was very pleased and didn’t long for the Hoofer 2017 (a very good bag BTW) and the double strap at all. Was amazed at how much softer the strap was after “working” with it for 5 minutes. Love everything about the bag, may not use it if I was traveling somewhere for a week or more but as my main bag at home, it’s going to stick for the for seeable future.

Hope the weather holds up in Minnesota for a few more rounds. Having grown up in Colorado, lived in Philly, and now living in a warmer weather climate, think it would be tough for me to go back to somewhere where the season ended. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting one on the BST and love the look. I walked 27 holes today (don't typically walk and haven't carried in a long time so I'm feeling it tonight!) and share the similar concerns about the strap. It gave me issues today. I even tried to work with it the past couple of days before taking it out as some have suggested and it was just not comfortable. Hopefully that gets better.

I mostly didn't have any issue with the weight of it or getting all 14 clubs in. Felt good to be out walking and carrying on a chilly early winter day.

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

• 3 weeks later...

BTW...not sure if it's been mentioned but those logo plates can be flipped over if you prefer a blank one instead of the one you might get buying it on BST. Here are little screws on the inside of the saddle pocket. Unfortunately they don't sell just the ingot yet so I couldn't get my own custom one on the bag I bought on BST.

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

BTW...not sure if it's been mentioned but those logo plates can be flipped over if you prefer a blank one instead of the one you might get buying it on BST. Here are little screws on the inside of the saddle pocket. Unfortunately they don't sell just the ingot yet so I couldn't get my own custom one on the bag I bought on BST.

Good to know, I may do that for my advertisement. Thank you

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

• 3 weeks later...

Where do you store the rain hood if you’re going out for a rd where it might rain so you also have a rain jacket and pants stuffed in? Not the type of rain hood you just have in the bag the whole time. Like the bag but it really forces some hard choices on gear To bring along on iffy days (like every day in uk/ireland).

Where do you store the rain hood if you’re going out for a rd where it might rain so you also have a rain jacket and pants stuffed in? Not the type of rain hood you just have in the bag the whole time. Like the bag but it really forces some hard choices on gear To bring along on iffy days (like every day in uk/ireland).

My back pocket. EL OH EL!

Nowhere else to put it .

Put the hood on the bag, I guess. I contimplated the same predicament.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

Put the hood on the bag, I guess. I contimplated the same predicament.

Yeah I mean you have to, but while I haven’t yet tested on course, kinda seems like it makes you choose between brining a rain jacket and pants to keep yourself dry, or the rain cover and maybe the jacket. Just kinda forces some hard choices!!

Bag makes sense for 95% of days at my home club in MN. It’s so rare I’m actually playing in the rain. But just thinking about those odd iffy days where I bring all the gear to be safe.... this bag makes it tough!

To include such a robust rain cover but then make is pretty hard to include it in the bag unless you REALLY need it is weird. SL2 w prob be the evolution.

• 1 month later...

So, the rain hood can't be folded up to fit in one of the two pockets?

For you current owners, a question. How well do the legs fold when walking? Do they sag at all, or are they pretty tight to the bag?

I'm very fond of the old Ping pencil stand bags, but the legs would always sag when walking, which was quite annoying.

The SL1 looks really, really awesome. I'm a big Jones bag fan, but this might be my new favorite!

You “could” get the hood into one of the pockets but then you are really limited on what you can carry in the other. It is, by far, the smallest bag that I’ve owned. As far as the legs, they seem super tight.

You "could" get the good into one of the povkets but then you are really limited on what you can carry in the other. It is, by far, the smallest bag that I've owned. As far as the legs, they seem super tight.

Appreciate the reply. I typically don't carry much, so sacrificing one pocket seems doable. Good news about the legs too.

I'm running out of reasons NOT to buy one!

“Doesn't really matter because I bought one anyways!”

My new motto for 2019, thanks for the inspiration.

Southern transplant<br /><br />Ping G LS Tec 9.0<br /><br />Aldila Rogue I/O 60 S<br /><br />RBZ stage 2 tour 3 wood stock shaft-S<br /><br />Ping G25 20* hybrid, stock shaft-S<br /><br />Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS tour Stiff<br />Titleist SM7 50 (8), SM7 54 (10) & SM6 58 (8) stock shaft<br /><br />Odyssey #9 white hot pro

https://stitchgolf.com/collections/resort-bundles

SL-1 Resort bag and a set of knit head covers for $209... Better than Black Friday.

What do you guys think about this navy and pink? Is it too feminine? For that price I feel like it's stealing..

https://stitchgolf.c...shed-miami-pink

I was thinking the same thing last week when it was $228 for the bag. In the end I just cold not get my head around the pink. Part of me loved it and the other just hated it. So instead I bought a baby blue one. Much happier

That resort green is pretty sharp, in my opinion. I have the white and aqua blue, which is now sold out. Great looking bag. Honestly, the whole resort line is on the edge of trendy and gaudy. I like them but that’s me.

What do you guys think about this navy and pink? Is it too feminine? For that price I feel like it's stealing..

https://stitchgolf.c...shed-miami-pink

I was thinking the same thing last week when it was $228 for the bag. In the end I just cold not get my head around the pink. Part of me loved it and the other just hated it. So instead I bought a baby blue one. Much happier

. I also had same conversation with myself. I went with brushed gray since that was color I wanted. Had coupon code for 20% off. Actfast20.

I did order the one with pink for a female golf friend who wanted it. It is sharp looking.

I’ve had mine for a month and can echo many of the comments here.

The strap is very stiff. Tried to break it in, but ordered a jones strap jic.

The lack of a handle on the top is way more annoying than I ever thought it would be.

Not sure how the lack of a double strap won’t drive me nuts.

Pockets are fine for the guy who plays mainly 1 course and 95% of rds I’m dry normal conditions. Next trip to Scotland, I’m taking a different bag with more storage. If I’m playing on a day when I need a lot of gear (rain suit that I will inevitably take on and off) I’m taking a different bag.

But in the plus side, it’s incredibly good looking (brushed grey), the materials are really nice, and it’s light. Should be great for 95%+ of my rds, and I’m assuming great for caddies.

Someone wrote that high tech bags have all the bells and whistles for a reason. Coming from a SM 2.5, that’s a very true statement. Love the looks but can see myself getting annoyed at some point and switching.

I’ve had mine for a month and can echo many of the comments here.

The strap is very stiff. Tried to break it in, but ordered a jones strap jic.

The lack of a handle on the top is way more annoying than I ever thought it would be.

Not sure how the lack of a double strap won’t drive me nuts.

Pockets are fine for the guy who plays mainly 1 course and 95% of rds I’m dry normal conditions. Next trip to Scotland, I’m taking a different bag with more storage. If I’m playing on a day when I need a lot of gear (rain suit that I will inevitably take on and off) I’m taking a different bag.

But in the plus side, it’s incredibly good looking (brushed grey), the materials are really nice, and it’s light. Should be great for 95%+ of my rds, and I’m assuming great for caddies.

Someone wrote that high tech bags have all the bells and whistles for a reason. Coming from a SM 2.5, that’s a very true statement. Love the looks but can see myself getting annoyed at some point and switching.

These are all great points. I really like this bag but still haven't been able to pull the trigger. I dont typically own more than 1 bag a time so switching is not ideal. I do play the same 2 golf courses about 95% of the time and take maybe 2 golf trips a year. The hoofer is holding up well right now so I guess I will wait for the legs to fall off...

^TBH it must be safe to say there will be an SL2 at some stage that will iron out these kinks.

For me personally, add a handle, and the option for two straps instead of just one and then I'd be very happy with the bag as is.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I had the white and navy one and it made me curse every time I pulled a club out and the grips (standard size tour velvets) got tangled up. I think if they also added just one full length divider to the next version it would help tremendously in this department. I think aesthetically the SL1 is one of the best looking bags on the market, I just hated it wasn't functional for me.

Qi10 10.5LS AD-DI 6s
Ping G430 15* Max AD-DI 7s

Ping G430 19* Hybrid AD-DI85s
Srixon MKii Utility 4 22* AD-DI85s

Srixon ZX5 5-6, ZX7 7-PW Modus 120s

PXG SDII 58/54 S400 TI, Ping Glide 4.0 50 

Cameron 35in Custom Shop M1 Button Back 
Stitch SL2 Blue Camo

Use the code Actfast20 and the blue/pink SL1 is only $143.00 shipped

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S