2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Best Rain gear

chbrake

Sunice makes some great outer gear. The pants and jackets work GREAT.

www.sunice.com

This jacket is pretty cool.

https://www.sunice.c...2&CategoryID=92

2nd that. Sunice gear I have is awesome. Would take it on a bucket list trip.

I have about 3 of the weather layer pants and they are great under 60s. NOT just golfgear it is everyday gear.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one of the new Hydroknit pullovers from FJ. This is the tag that was attached to it. Having tried it on, I am very impressed with the amount of stretch in the fabric. Compared it side by side with my short sleeve Hydrolite, and the fabric is noticeably softer and much more quiet during movement. I also really like the adjustable velcro at the wrists to help keep water from running back up the sleeve. The collar comes up nice and high in the back to help keep water out there as well. Havent had a chance to wear it in the rain yet (not too worried about having opportunities here in NC given the weather over the last six months), but did run it under the faucet, and it passed that rudimentary test with flying colors. I don't play in too many downpours, but with a couple of golf trips and summer tournament season approaching, this should be a nice, compact piece to keep in the bag when playing through the rain is necessary.

Yeah, I really like what I see out of this one. Going to have one soon to do some trying out on. Also really want to try the new superlight DryJoys Select when it ships in June. That one is going to be really interesting (to me)...a top of the line premium waterproof that's lighter than a traditional polo shirt. Sounds a lot like some Kjus lightweight type tech in that one.

What are the differences between this and LTS? They seem to be marketed pretty much the same.

Has anyone used the Columbia outdry stuff? We had a pretty heavy rain at Bandon last Friday and my Px5 jacket held up great, but the pants failed at the knee.

One dude was decked in a Columbia outdry suit and was pretty peachy all things considered.

I have access to the employee store, but just curious if anyone can speak to its waterproofness. I know they have a slight rubberized feel to the material, but the application might be perfect at Bandon (dry at all costs).

Not a fan of the kjus stuff until they add a drop tail. The Peter Millar waterproofs are pretty good though.

Has anyone used the Columbia outdry stuff? We had a pretty heavy rain at Bandon last Friday and my Px5 jacket held up great, but the pants failed at the knee.

One dude was decked in a Columbia outdry suit and was pretty peachy all things considered.

I have access to the employee store, but just curious if anyone can speak to its waterproofness. I know they have a slight rubberized feel to the material, but the application might be perfect at Bandon (dry at all costs).

Not a fan of the kjus stuff until they add a drop tail. The Peter Millar waterproofs are pretty good though.

I have an out dry rain jacket (not made for golf) that i love. I already wonder why it doesn't get more pub as far as waterproof jackets go, again not for golf.

I haven't thought about it for golf

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I have an out dry rain jacket (not made for golf) that i love. I already wonder why it doesn't get more pub as far as waterproof jackets go, again not for golf.

It's because of the styling. I have an outdry that u love as well, but the styling is the routine criticism of OutDry. People don't like the slick/rubbery look of the exterior. In application it's ingenious...it's basically like wearing goretex paclite inside out, so that the membrane is on the outside without a face fabric (cloth) bonded to the exterior. Eliminates the wetting out issue as there is no fabric with DWR coating to wear off and start absorbing water. But the look has held it back. But technically it's great.

It's because of the styling. I have an outdry that u love as well, but the styling is the routine criticism of OutDry. People don't like the slick/rubbery look of the exterior. In application it's ingenious...it's basically like wearing goretex paclite inside out, so that the membrane is on the outside without a face fabric (cloth) bonded to the exterior. Eliminates the wetting out issue as there is no fabric with DWR coating to wear off and start absorbing water. But the look has held it back. But technically it's great.

true. The only criticism it's the looks. I don't mind it tho

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I've seen it at the employee store and on a few people outside of golf. Yes it looks a bit rubbery, but if the #1 reason is to stay completely dry, it sounds like it'd be perfect.

Again, I'm thinking of using this exclusively in Bandon or in very heavy rains (.75"+).

Thanks for the heads up gents.

I've seen it at the employee store and on a few people outside of golf. Yes it looks a bit rubbery, but if the #1 reason is to stay completely dry, it sounds like it'd be perfect.

Again, I'm thinking of using this exclusively in Bandon or in very heavy rains (.75"+).

Thanks for the heads up gents.

In terms of staying dry, you won't beat OutDry. It's literally the waterproof membrane on the outside. Permanent beading of water (never any wetting out or DWR to reapply or refresh), and breathable. If you don't mind the "inside out" look to it, you won't be disappointed.

If anyone's interested, the Kjus website has Dexters for $159 in a few colors and $95 if you want the awful looking purple one...The half zip one

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one of the new Hydroknit pullovers from FJ. This is the tag that was attached to it. Having tried it on, I am very impressed with the amount of stretch in the fabric. Compared it side by side with my short sleeve Hydrolite, and the fabric is noticeably softer and much more quiet during movement. I also really like the adjustable velcro at the wrists to help keep water from running back up the sleeve. The collar comes up nice and high in the back to help keep water out there as well. Havent had a chance to wear it in the rain yet (not too worried about having opportunities here in NC given the weather over the last six months), but did run it under the faucet, and it passed that rudimentary test with flying colors. I don't play in too many downpours, but with a couple of golf trips and summer tournament season approaching, this should be a nice, compact piece to keep in the bag when playing through the rain is necessary.

Yeah, I really like what I see out of this one. Going to have one soon to do some trying out on. Also really want to try the new superlight DryJoys Select when it ships in June. That one is going to be really interesting (to me)...a top of the line premium waterproof that's lighter than a traditional polo shirt. Sounds a lot like some Kjus lightweight type tech in that one.

What are the differences between this and LTS? They seem to be marketed pretty much the same.

I have tried on the most recent LTS jacket as well. It is definitely heavier and the fabric is more rigid/less stretchy than the Hydroknit. The cut is very similar, though. LTS is slimmer through the body than my older model Hydrolite. If choosing between them, I would say the Hydroknit is probably the more versatile piece, and the LTS would be the choice is looking for a straight rain jacket. I wore the Hydroknit again in damp, cool/cold, windy conditions this past Saturday for a late afternoon round and continue to be pleased. Warmth retention and wind blocking capabilities are outstanding, as is the stretch. Still haven’t worn it in a steady rain, but our forecast is for a bunch of we weather through this weekend. I may just go stand around outside for a while to see how it does.

If anyone's interested, the Kjus website has Dexters for $159 in a few colors and $95 if you want the awful looking purple one...The half zip one

US site? Do you have a link? I just went to kjus.com and they were $329. I’d definitely buy a purple one for $95 just to have one in each bag.

The kjus web site is on slow side, so, sometimes, you need to click and wait - https://www.kjus.com...=3&o=2&n=12&f=2

And, you might, also, check out, Sierra Trading Post, which, has stuff for a bit less, but, is much more limited in sizes. The Dexter 1/2 zip(size M only) is $80 there.

Over the weekend, I grabbed the "awful looking purple" Kjus Dexter for $80 from Sierra. Call me crazy, but I actually like the purple.

This seems like an insanely good deal vs the Kjus website. I'll be taking this along to Orlando next week; hopefully won't need it but at least I know it doesn't take up any space!

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

US site? Do you have a link? I just went to kjus.com and they were $329. I’d definitely buy a purple one for $95 just to have one in each bag.

When you're on that page where it's 329, scroll to the bottom and there is a link to one that is 159. Some colors are 159, some are 229, some are 329 and one is 95

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

When you're on that page where it's 329, scroll to the bottom and there is a link to one that is 159. Some colors are 159, some are 229, some are 329 and one is 95

Thanks, bought a purple one. I’ll only be wearing it when I get caught in the rain, don’t mind the color for the price.

Took my PX5 top and bottom and Kjus Dexter to Bandon all ready for the rain. It never came. Disappointed I didn't get to see how they perform but happy that it was great weather. Guess I'll have to wait until next year.

#firstworldproblems

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Annoyingly Kjus appear to have just launched Dexter rain pants. That’s another £199 lighter my bank account will be.

FFS.

(And no, I don’t have enough willpower not to buy a pair, or even grow a pair).

I recently ordered the Pro 3L jacket and pants for an upcoming trip to Bandon and received an email that my selection was sold out but the new model is clearing customs and would be available soon. So maybe don't put the credit card away just yet....

Annoyingly Kjus appear to have just launched Dexter rain pants. That’s another £199 lighter my bank account will be.

FFS.

(And no, I don’t have enough willpower not to buy a pair, or even grow a pair).

I recently ordered the Pro 3L jacket and pants for an upcoming trip to Bandon and received an email that my selection was sold out but the new model is clearing customs and would be available soon. So maybe don't put the credit card away just yet....

I have a Pro 3L.

The new model is now available, but you need to buy the right one. They have a special version for left-handed golfers.

No, seriously, they do. Ha ha ha.

I'm at a decision point. Just dug a SunIce Hurricane GoreTex from several years ago out of the closet. I've only worn it a few times but didn't like the rubber feeling on my arms. I'll be in Bandon in March, so I can plan to wear long sleeves underneath. Would that help?

I also have a ZR GoreTex but it's an XL jacket and it's really puffy. Hard to play in, especially putting because it bunches so much around the midsection. My ZR pants (size L) are at the tailor now, getting about 4-5" taken off but they're puffy through the legs and barely fit the waist. (have I mentioned I'm short and fat, 5-foot-6, 220 pounds, 38/29 pants, 46 or 48 suit jacket).

I've just read all 14 pages of this thread and feel like an idiot if I don't order a Pro Quip PX6 for $293 in time (I leave for Bandon two weeks from tomorrow). But I also hate spending $300 when I rarely play in the rain in NJ. If I go PX6, the size chart suggests XL top and XL bottom. I'd prob size down to XL/27 unless that would be too short. Any suggestions on sizing given my dimensions?

I'm at a decision point. Just dug a SunIce Hurricane GoreTex from several years ago out of the closet. I've only worn it a few times but didn't like the rubber feeling on my arms. I'll be in Bandon in March, so I can plan to wear long sleeves underneath. Would that help?

I also have a ZR GoreTex but it's an XL jacket and it's really puffy. Hard to play in, especially putting because it bunches so much around the midsection. My ZR pants (size L) are at the tailor now, getting about 4-5" taken off but they're puffy through the legs and barely fit the waist. (have I mentioned I'm short and fat, 5-foot-6, 220 pounds, 38/29 pants, 46 or 48 suit jacket).

I've just read all 14 pages of this thread and feel like an idiot if I don't order a Pro Quip PX6 for $293 in time (I leave for Bandon two weeks from tomorrow). But I also hate spending $300 when I rarely play in the rain in NJ. If I go PX6, the size chart suggests XL top and XL bottom. I'd prob size down to XL/27 unless that would be too short. Any suggestions on sizing given my dimensions?

No need to get PX6 if you can find PX5 for much cheaper.

You haven’t given us your dimensions.

Whoops, kind of buried them. 5-foot-6, 220 pounds.

I wear 38/29 pants -- That seems like Pro Quip XL, but wondering if that's a 27 or 29 in rain pants since I never want them to drag.

I'm 46-48 suit jacket. Shirts are 17.5/34-35. Their size chart suggests XL jacket, but I worry it would be too baggy, especially around the midsection. But buying a L risks being too constricting on the swing and I won't want to lay out the cash to return ship it.

You haven’t given us your dimensions.

Whoops, kind of buried them. 5-foot-6, 220 pounds.

I wear 38/29 pants -- That seems like Pro Quip XL, but wondering if that's a 27 or 29 in rain pants since I never want them to drag.

I'm 46-48 suit jacket. Shirts are 17.5/34-35. Their size chart suggests XL jacket, but I worry it would be too baggy, especially around the midsection. But buying a L risks being too constricting on the swing and I won't want to lay out the cash to return ship it.

Well. I am a 46-48 jacket guy. And the XL fits me well.

But I am 6’5” 240 so outside of jacket size our dimensions are a little different. I would think the XL would be to big in the arms and in length.

I would say there is some give in the material, it moves well with the swing. So I wouldn’t be as concerned about going a little smaller.

Edited with pictures:

I found a good deal on Kjus Pro 3L jacket and pants and they arrived today. I have a question about the fit for those who have the Pro 3L.

I'm about 6'1", 195 lbs. Wear a 40 R suit jacket, 15.5/35 shirt.

I ordered the jacket in a 52, and I wouldn't say it's I'll-fitting but maybe not quite the fit I expected. The Velcro cuffs have to be tightened all the way or the sleeves hang to my fingers. I put on a Peter Miller Perth pullover so I'd have something on underneath. It's not baggy, but it's roomier than I'd thought based on feedback that they run small. Obviously I wouldn't want it too tight so it restricts my swing. There's a slight billow when I lean over to simulate a swing, but nothing drastic. There's some loose fitting fabric in the back shoulder area while standing. The bottom of the jacket hangs a bit longer than I'd prefer, but not awkwardly so.

I ordered the pants in 52 as well. They fit well in the waist and thighs, but they're nearly to the ground. Maybe that's how they're supposed to be though.

Should I try a size 50 in the jacket? If the pants look too long, is there a shorter option available?

Thanks!

Edited with pictures:

I found a good deal on Kjus Pro 3L jacket and pants and they arrived today. I have a question about the fit for those who have the Pro 3L.

I'm about 6'1", 195 lbs. Wear a 40 R suit jacket, 15.5/35 shirt.

I ordered the jacket in a 52, and I wouldn't say it's I'll-fitting but maybe not quite the fit I expected. The Velcro cuffs have to be tightened all the way or the sleeves hang to my fingers. I put on a Peter Miller Perth pullover so I'd have something on underneath. It's not baggy, but it's roomier than I'd thought based on feedback that they run small. Obviously I wouldn't want it too tight so it restricts my swing. There's a slight billow when I lean over to simulate a swing, but nothing drastic. There's some loose fitting fabric in the back shoulder area while standing. The bottom of the jacket hangs a bit longer than I'd prefer, but not awkwardly so.

I ordered the pants in 52 as well. They fit well in the waist and thighs, but they're nearly to the ground. Maybe that's how they're supposed to be though.

Should I try a size 50 in the jacket? If the pants look too long, is there a shorter option available?

Thanks!

A 50 may suit. But first, tighten the hem and also use the tighteners in the pockets to adjust the fit around your waist.

I have a 52 which I’m happy with, but I’m 42” chest so a 50 would likely to slightly too tight. I’m 5’10, and having worn the jacket on course a few times have never noticed a problem with the arm length or the jacket length.

On the trousers, better long than short with rainwear, try them on over full length trousers before making a judgement. They do three lengths in each size I think.