Callaway Rogue and Rogue Pro Irons

chadillac65

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered mine yesterday with Recoil 780 shafts. As I previously mentioned, I thought about simply putting the Rcoils into my current Apex. Shaft up charge was $12.50, retail cost for those shafts that I’ve seen are $40 or EBay for $30+ So the Callaway price seemed reasonable.

With shafts, grips, and install with a shop I trust it as going to cost me around $500. With the trade in the Rogues are only going to set me back $300 more so it was a deal I couldn’t pass up. The owner of the golf shop where I do business was none too happy with Callaway and their Trade In value as he couldn’t match their price. He couldn’t make any money on my Apex with the value Cally is giving me...

First time with graphite in irons, so we’ll see how the lighter weight goes. Really looking forward to hitting them on grass for the first time.

I wish Callaway offered the Recoil PROTOTYPE in 110 or 125 as opposed to the non-proto version.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

I will order a set of the pros!

The only thing I’m not sure is the shaft!

The standart XP105 Stiff or KBS Tour V Stiff?

Which gives me more spin theoretical?

And more distance?

I can not test the shafts before buying, yes that’s s*** but I have no option!

GD Tour AD TP 6X Big Bertha B21 9,5°

GD Tour AD MT 7X Callaway GBB Epic 18°

Fuji Ventus Blue 100X TI Callaway Apex UW 21°

DG Tour Issue X100 Callaway XForged'18 UT 24°

DG Tour Issue X100 Callaway Apex Pro'19 5-PW

DG Tour Issue Onyx S400 SM9 50°/54°/58° Jetblack

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro

Double post.. sorry, Smartphone failed

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro

This was mentioned in the early pages of this topic, that’s how I found out. Callaway but only until 2/28 so I have to make the decision. GOROGUE is the code for the 50% bonus.

So I stand to get $420 for my Apex ($280 + $140).

Also their trade in values are higher than PGA so with trade enhancement you're rteally getting about the price you could sell clubs for a no brainer for me. The Rogue Pros will be huge sellers

This was mentioned in the early pages of this topic, that’s how I found out. Callaway but only until 2/28 so I have to make the decision. GOROGUE is the code for the 50% bonus.

Also their trade in values are higher than PGA so with trade enhancement you're rteally getting about the price you could sell clubs for a no brainer for me. The Rogue Pros will be huge sellers

Yeah the trade in issue was what I was alluding to in my earlier post. I try to support the privately owned non franchised golf shop near me, great people that really try to work with you. He offered to match the 50% bonus but that was over the PGA trade in value. When I told him what I would get from Cally, he said he couldn’t match that and was pissed at them due to him being a sole proprietor not a mega chain like GG that could afford to lose a little business.

I did not care for the Pro's. Too much vibration and a harsh feeling. Not good for something that looks like my cf16's.

The others however are very forgiving and hit the ball solid.

I'm most impressed with the driver, the draw version. It actually does it's job with great feel and sound.

Wilson Dynapwr Driver

Srixon ZX MK II 3 Hybrid

Cleveland Zipcore XL 5 Iron

Srixon ZX4 MK II Irons 6 - P

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 4 - 48, 54, 60

Cleveland HB soft 8 putter 

Srixon Z Star ball

Yeah the trade in issue was what I was alluding to in my earlier post. I try to support the privately owned non franchised golf shop near me, great people that really try to work with you. He offered to match the 50% bonus but that was over the PGA trade in value. When I told him what I would get from Cally, he said he couldn’t match that and was pissed at them due to him being a sole proprietor not a mega chain like GG that could afford to lose a little business.

Funny thing was Golf Galaxy was passing out these cards about the trade enhancement and says right on back to go to Callaway website for trade values. Golf Galaxy wouldnt match trade values.

Which is dumb just pushes business to Callaways website

I wish Callaway offered the Recoil PROTOTYPE in 110 or 125 as opposed to the non-proto version.

Have your club pro contact your rep. You can also probably get that information off of your PGA section website. Callaway offers a lot more shaft options than what the website shows. For example, on the site there are only two shaft options for the new X Forged UT, but Callaway offers it in over 18 shaft options.

I can see that being frustrating. The PGA Superstores are seeing a hit also, they use their trade in value from the PGA, but Callaway will offer more. There are also times in the year that the trade in bonus get them. For example, right now you can trade in your EPIC for 200 dollars and get the Rogue for only 300. I wonder how much money that are making, or losing, with this in place.

I can see that being frustrating. The PGA Superstores are seeing a hit also, they use their trade in value from the PGA, but Callaway will offer more. There are also times in the year that the trade in bonus get them. For example, right now you can trade in your EPIC for 200 dollars and get the Rogue for only 300. I wonder how much money that are making, or losing, with this in place.

Ive heard that Callaway may be extending the trade in enhancement until 4/30 I have more details PM me.

Have your club pro contact your rep. You can also probably get that information off of your PGA section website. Callaway offers a lot more shaft options than what the website shows. For example, on the site there are only two shaft options for the new X Forged UT, but Callaway offers it in over 18 shaft options.

The Recoil Prototypes aren't available through Callaway, only UST TSPX dealers!

Callaway National Fitters Board/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff
AI Smoke Max - Lin-Q M40X Blue 
AI Smoke Max 3W - Lin-Q M40X Red
AI Smoke Max 5W - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex UW - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex Pro 24 5-8, CB 9-11 - Recoil Dart 105
JAWS Raw 54W,60Z - Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Toulon Le Mans - UST All-In
Chrome Tour

Trade in Epic for $200 ? Is that PLUS another 50% for a total of $300 ? Or is that $200 INCLUDING the 50% additional ? i.e. the actually trade in value is only about $135. I suspect it is the latter, especially given your "Rogue for only 300".

So you get the new $500 Rogue for "only $300" ??? LMAO Unfortunately that's the way most consumers think,,,,,,,,,,

So they're buying back their $500 driver, that's STILL on the shelves BTW, for $200 (if you know about the extra 5%, otherwise about $135) and no doubt selling it again for at least $300 and you wonder if they're "making" or "losing" ?

Do you also wonder how new car dealers are doing when they give you a figure for your trade-in ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Trade in Epic for $200 ? Is that PLUS another 50% for a total of $300 ? Or is that $200 INCLUDING the 50% additional ? i.e. the actually trade in value is only about $135. I suspect it is the latter, especially given your "Rogue for only 300".

So you get the new $500 Rogue for "only $300" ??? LMAO Unfortunately that's the way most consumers think,,,,,,,,,,

So they're buying back their $500 driver, that's STILL on the shelves BTW, for $200 (if you know about the extra 5%, otherwise about $135) and no doubt selling it again for at least $300 and you wonder if they're "making" or "losing" ?

Do you also wonder how new car dealers are doing when they give you a figure for your trade-in ?

Yeah that's correct $300 with trade enhancement On an Epic for Rogue my quote from Pro was a $100 differential so a no brainer. Also took advantage of trade deal on Rogue Pro irons and cost me like $75

And yes that's correct with trade enhancement $300 for Epic and $150 for FWs best trade deal may be for CF16 irons. With enhancement was like $600 trade you can't sell for that

I just traded a Fusion Driver, Epic 3 wood, and Epic 5 wood. $390 worth of trade value after the 50% bonus and my new Rogue driver is only going to cost me $143 after tax. I buy new clubs frequently and this seems to be as good of deal as you can get to have the latest tech.

Plus I've got $175 worth of cards to Scheels for my Rogue 3 wood. So all together it will only cost me $280 after taxes for one of the newest driver and fairway model on the market.

For what it’s worth the rogue pro is selling well. Customers have been very surprised at the distance and love the price point. Not going to knock the 718 ap2’s out of my bag. But it does check a lot of boxes for the mid to low handicapper looking for more distance. We have already done more of these than we did m1 irons in all of last season. Might be worth a few swings if you’re in the market for a compact cast iron with moderate offset.

I took advantage of the GO ROGUE trade deal and swapped out my CF16s and some misc crap for a set of Rogue Pros. I only have had a little sim time and one actual round with them but so far, Rogue Pros are pretty sweet. They're long and forgiving. I am not a super nuanced feel guy, but fwiw to me they feel the same as the CF16s. They're not noticeably clicky by any means. Biggest difference looking at them is how much less offset there is on the RP that the CF16, which is very welcoming. I ordered mine with KBS Tour V shafts and feel like it's a nice combo for me.

Titleist Tsi3 8* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX

Callaway Epic Flash FW 17* PX HZRDUS Smoke
Callaway Apex Pro Hybrid 19* Ventus Blue
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW Nippon Modus Pro
Mizuno JPX 921 SEL GW KBS $ Taper
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56*/10* DG Spinner
Callaway Mack Daddy PM 60*/12* KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Byron Morgan DH89
Taylormade TP5x

For what it's worth the rogue pro is selling well. Customers have been very surprised at the distance and love the price point. Not going to knock the 718 ap2's out of my bag. But it does check a lot of boxes for the mid to low handicapper looking for more distance. We have already done more of these than we did m1 irons in all of last season. Might be worth a few swings if you're in the market for a compact cast iron with moderate offset.

Just got a set of pros....I'm over 50 and a single digit and so far my distance is back to my younger days with the same work ability and feel. So far a great purchase.

I took advantage of the GO ROGUE trade deal and swapped out my CF16s and some misc crap for a set of Rogue Pros. I only have had a little sim time and one actual round with them but so far, Rogue Pros are pretty sweet. They're long and forgiving. I am not a super nuanced feel guy, but fwiw to me they feel the same as the CF16s. They're not noticeably clicky by any means. Biggest difference looking at them is how much less offset there is on the RP that the CF16, which is very welcoming. I ordered mine with KBS Tour V shafts and feel like it's a nice combo for me.

Ordered the exact same combo!

Hope it’s the same for me!

Exited and can’t wait to get them!

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro

Hit the Rogue Pro's yesterday and was impressed for sure. I've been a forged/player's iron guy forever but thinking of making the switch to the Pro's for the extra forgiveness and distance.

Titleist TSi2 Driver
TEE EX9 3 wood

TM V-Steel 5 wood

Honma TR21 hybrid 
PXG 0311 Darkness 5-P 
PXG Sugar Daddy 0311T 50* 55* 60* 
Odyssey Black Tour Design #8

The Apex & Apex Pro's have no upcharge for custom shafts whereas the Rogue Pro doesn't follow this logic. If you want Nippon Modus 120 or Project LZ, add another $280.00. More expensive than the Apex & Apex Pro's. The attractive price goes out the window.

There are plenty of good and heavier shafts in the offer for zero costs.

I got the KBS Tour V for 0€ in the pros

The Modus shafts cost 20€ each: 8 pieces = 160€ (which is 190$ ca.) not 280$

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro

Hit the Rogue Pro's yesterday and was impressed for sure. I've been a forged/player's iron guy forever but thinking of making the switch to the Pro's for the extra forgiveness and distance.

Im 100% with you, im switching from the AP2

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro

The Apex & Apex Pro's have no upcharge for custom shafts whereas the Rogue Pro doesn't follow this logic. If you want Nippon Modus 120 or Project LZ, add another $280.00. More expensive than the Apex & Apex Pro's. The attractive price goes out the window.

Per Callaway website, Build & Buy the iron set, $35.00 US upcharge per iron.

Per Callaway website, Build & Buy the iron set, $35.00 US upcharge per iron.

As you can see 20€ per Modus shaft ... got this from the shop where I ordered my set!

Odyssey ProType Black #2

Vice Pro