2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

Keep me in the loop for Ballyneal or any other trips! Sorry I have been MIA...we have a new family member that has been taking up my time and attention!

I feel ya. Our littlest is 9 months...

We weren’t planning on doing a first birthday party, but were informed that both sets of grandparents are flying in from Arizona and Alabama. May 4th is going to be much more chaotic than I ever wanted it to be.

I’ll take a look at the trip stuff. I’ve got to look at my shoot schedules over the coming months and figure out what works, as well as talk to my wife about what’s actually feasible.

What do you shoot? Besides in the low 70's.

Ha. I wish.

I’m a videographer and editor and motion graphics designer.

I’ve got a few clients I’m working on lining videos up with, and I work very often with U.S. Soccer. We’re shooting a series this spring that’s going to eat up a lot of my weekends.

I’m also working on a few ideas for a personal project I want to shoot this summer, but that’s a ways off and may have to simmer until later in the year. Between these weekend shoots, vacation this summer, and a May/June trip to France and possibly Russia, my time is very limited!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep me in the loop for Ballyneal or any other trips! Sorry I have been MIA...we have a new family member that has been taking up my time and attention!

I feel ya. Our littlest is 9 months...

We weren’t planning on doing a first birthday party, but were informed that both sets of grandparents are flying in from Arizona and Alabama. May 4th is going to be much more chaotic than I ever wanted it to be.

I’ll take a look at the trip stuff. I’ve got to look at my shoot schedules over the coming months and figure out what works, as well as talk to my wife about what’s actually feasible.

What do you shoot? Besides in the low 70's.

Ha. I wish.

I’m a videographer and editor and motion graphics designer.

I’ve got a few clients I’m working on lining videos up with, and I work very often with U.S. Soccer. We’re shooting a series this spring that’s going to eat up a lot of my weekends.

I’m also working on a few ideas for a personal project I want to shoot this summer, but that’s a ways off and may have to simmer until later in the year. Between these weekend shoots, vacation this summer, and a May/June trip to France and possibly Russia, my time is very limited!

Very cool Brian! We may want to talk a bit a little later this year – I may have a need/want. We’ll need to do some brain storming on the golf course!

BTW, the “Be one with the ball” on Instagram caused some brain damage.

Very cool Brian! We may want to talk a bit a little later this year – I may have a need/want. We’ll need to do some brain storming on the golf course!

BTW, the “Be one with the ball” on Instagram caused some brain damage.

I expected this outcome, to a degree. Sometimes, when one watches weird things, one creates weird things in reciprocity. I think that was the case after scrolling through one too many artists' portfolios. The color combination was pretty out there, but it was fun to mess around with something a little different than my normal creations (which is almost all of what I make).

I'm ready and available to chat on the course whenever you are!

Was asked to put this here. For those interested, Denver school is a go.

5 spots left.

https://rebelliongolf.com/clinics/

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

I didn't get out either. I've just never been one to make a tee time and roll up at the course by myself. I'll go to the range but never head out to play unless I know someone or am meeting someone. Maybe next time - I don't mind driving to meet someone and can get along with anybody. Look forward to getting out and meeting some of you Colorado guys

Was asked to put this here. For those interested, Denver school is a go.

5 spots left.

https://rebelliongolf.com/clinics/

Shhh -- we have enough people to make it, no need to get anything overcrowded now. ;)

In honor of Monte's clinic, I'm putting up a couple of swings here to reference. Pre-Monte, not super awesome swings -- also the first actual swings I have made since a few months, due to just some general health + time things.

Pre-Monte general badness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFAgzGI0hyw

I'm also back to using my PING G driver lately as opposed to the '17 M1. It's not as long because I know it's not as great of a fit numbers wise as the M1, but I just find the PING so much easier to hit than the M1 in terms of both contact and straightness. The M1 is loooong when I nail it, but just can't seem to get it remotely consistent.

Hope all the Co wrx'ers are well!

I didn't get out either. I've just never been one to make a tee time and roll up at the course by myself. I'll go to the range but never head out to play unless I know someone or am meeting someone

Man, if I did that, I'd never golf! I don't really know anybody that golfs, besides people on here. I'd say 9 times out of 10 I go to the course by myself, and get paired up with strangers. I don't mind, I just like playing golf.

I did get out yesterday. Gorgeous. Sunny, calm, warm. But unfortunately swinging a golf club just felt so awkward and foreign to me. Had no idea what I was doing. Only hit 2 greens in regulation. Didn't hit my 3 wood more than 30 yards the whole day (usually my most consistent club in the bag). Just kept topping it. So so confused. Plus a bunch of 3 putts. But it was super nice out. I'll take a day of bad golf over a day of no golf.

Holy crap it was windy today--and still is.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Holy crap it was windy today--and still is.

Windy this morning too. I was hoping to hit a quick bucket today but I think I'll pass.

I say you go out and hit a bucket - grab your 60+ degree wedge and see how far behind you the wind will take your ball lol

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

I didn't get out either. I've just never been one to make a tee time and roll up at the course by myself. I'll go to the range but never head out to play unless I know someone or am meeting someone

Man, if I did that, I'd never golf! I don't really know anybody that golfs, besides people on here. I'd say 9 times out of 10 I go to the course by myself, and get paired up with strangers. I don't mind, I just like playing golf.

I did get out yesterday. Gorgeous. Sunny, calm, warm. But unfortunately swinging a golf club just felt so awkward and foreign to me. Had no idea what I was doing. Only hit 2 greens in regulation. Didn't hit my 3 wood more than 30 yards the whole day (usually my most consistent club in the bag). Just kept topping it. So so confused. Plus a bunch of 3 putts. But it was super nice out. I'll take a day of bad golf over a day of no golf.

Where did you play? I played both days and it was warm but holy crap windy. Yesterday was much worse though.

I'm with you as my swing felt like crap but it was good to be out.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Quick Update: Ballyneal Access

Hung out with the friend/member at Ballyneal on Saturday. Sadly for us he let it go for 2018 and joined Cherry Creek instead. Main reason to let it go, Interestingly he noted similar aspects on the "drive distance" we discussed.

He noted the course, people, setup...everything is awesome if you love links courses BUT the "roughly" 4+ hour drive out and back just took much time. If he wanted to do a late afternoon round or a quick 9 holes it is just not an option.

Something similar to what Irvtrain noted, he felt like he needed to be going every weekend and once during the week to make it worth it. He said he left because he maybe played about 3 - 4 rounds a month...maybe 5, which the extra rounds were with clients. His kids are getting more into sports so that was messing up his weekends.

What I did not know as "guest" anything more then 1 maybe 2 people, we would of had to play Monday-Wednesday....maybe Thursday if lucky. It is too full on the weekends now.

Edit: One other thing he noted was he really only knew a hand full of people as members as near half are out of state members who joined because it was cheap to join when the economy dropped and at $400-500 a month dues, to some it is like $50 bucks a month to us.

Hung out with the friend/member at Ballyneal on Saturday. Sadly for us he let it go for 2018 and joined Cherry Creek instead. Main reason to let it go, Interestingly he noted similar aspects on the "drive distance" we discussed.

He noted the course, people, setup...everything is awesome if you love links courses BUT the "roughly" 4+ hour drive out and back just took much time. If he wanted to do a late afternoon round or a quick 9 holes it is just not an option.

Something similar to what Irvtrain noted, he felt like he needed to be going every weekend and once during the week to make it worth it. He said he left because he maybe played about 3 - 4 rounds a month...maybe 5, which the extra rounds were with clients. His kids are getting more into sports so that was messing up his weekends.

What I did not know as "guest" anything more then 1 maybe 2 people, we would of had to play Monday-Wednesday....maybe Thursday if lucky. It is too full on the weekends now.

Edit: One other thing he noted was he really only knew a hand full of people as members as near half are out of state members who joined because it was cheap to join when the economy dropped and at $400-500 a month dues, to some it is like $50 bucks a month to us.

Well, there's a goal to set for myself. Thanks for looking into it.

Small chance I may play this coming weekend if the weather holds and I get the car duties done on Friday. Time will tell.

Where did you play? I played both days and it was warm but holy crap windy. Yesterday was much worse though.

I play anywhere that I can get on for $25-$30.

Lots of Hot Deal tee times. Lots of late-afternoon twilight rounds in the summer. Lately it's been a lot up at Todd Creek. Sometimes it's up at Ute Creek. Sometimes it's way down at Antler Creek, Pine Creek, or Spring Valley.

Damn, I play a lot of "creek" courses.

Small chance I may play this coming weekend if the weather holds and I get the car duties done on Friday. Time will tell.

Brian if you are thinking Sunday let me know, or anyone else as I have Fam stuff on Saturday.. I did hit balls Saturday....yea pretty rusty LOL

Got up on Sunday hoping to beat the wind, looked outside and just decided to do some catch up work. It was easy 30+ winds at Murphy Creek Sunday.

Brian if you are thinking Sunday let me know, or anyone else as I have Fam stuff on Saturday.. I did hit balls Saturday....yea pretty rusty LOL

Got up on Sunday hoping to beat the wind, looked outside and just decided to do some catch up work. It was easy 30+ winds at Murphy Creek Sunday.

Saw they're opening on the 9th. I may try to be one of the first rounds out there this year, just for the heck of it. I was one of the last before they tarped...might bookend it.

Anyone know any superintendents in the area? Do they have interesting stories? I'm thinking about making something for a personal project that centers around them, their routines, etc. Not sure if you guys might have any leads on something intriguing.

Anyone know any superintendents in the area? Do they have interesting stories? I'm thinking about making something for a personal project that centers around them, their routines, etc. Not sure if you guys might have any leads on something intriguing.

Seems like joelness knows a few.

Seems like joelness knows a few.

Jeremy is the superintendent at Omni and was at National. Great guy, we all had lunch with him at Walnut when we were there. Call Omni and leave him a message. I would try and contact the Westminster guys and Riverdale gals. If you get a hold of Jeremy, he should be able to get you into contact with them if needed.

That’s right! Thanks for jogging my memory. Now I just need to get all my ideas together before reaching out.

Anybody interested in getting out on Wednesday or Thursday this week in the Denver/FoCo area?

Would if I could, but I’m in Florida now. Won’t be home in time. Hopefully you can get out there!

I live in "Kansas" (jokingly...just north of Murphy Creek) and it is 3 hours from my house. So assume if your south or west of Denver your looking at 3.5-4.0 hours one way.

With no traffic or police I could get there in 2 hours tops. :busted_cop: Assuming my car didn't blow up that is.

Speaking of enjoying things that are fast....we did get out and play this past Saturday at Buffalo Run. Course was in good shape for early March, despite the greens having some South Suburban rollouts going on.

But the pace of play was awful, just awful. Pretty much waited on every shot. No marshal out either. The guys in front of us waited for the green to clear on that short par 4 on the back and I did my best not to pull a Jacob ;) It wasn't just them and I knew that which is why I didn't say anything but I'm sorry, I've watched you play for 13 holes now and I know you aren't getting home from 300.

Sorry I don't have a point to this rant other than I really really hate slow play....

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

I play anywhere that I can get on for $25-$30.

Lots of Hot Deal tee times. Lots of late-afternoon twilight rounds in the summer. Lately it's been a lot up at Todd Creek. Sometimes it's up at Ute Creek. Sometimes it's way down at Antler Creek, Pine Creek, or Spring Valley.

Damn, I play a lot of "creek" courses.

What about Deer Creek? That course is poorly run, and the front nine has a couple gimmicky holes. But I love the back nine. Two drivable par 4s, a couple risk/reward par 5s.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

So, question for you guys on gapping/club selection. I hate (and I mean hate) my current 56*, so I'll be getting rid of it for sure. Question is what do I replace it with. My other question is what club do I add to my bag. I've got room for one more...another wedge? 5 wood? What do you think? Here's my current gapping/yardage:

D: 285

3w: 245

3 hybrid: 225

5i: 195

6i: 185

7i: 175

8i: 155

9i: 145

PW (45*): 130

AW (50*): 120

56*: 100

60*: 100

I rarely take full swings with my wedges, but when I tested on Trackman, 56 and 60 had same distance. I've noticed it on the course too. I ended up getting the AW as part of my iron set.

Also, wanted to add a plug for South Broadway CC...finally went there a few weeks ago. Great spot, Kelly is awesome. I'm going to take some lessons from him and see how it goes, but I liked his comments and demeanor when I was there. Can't wait until he's fully open.

So, question for you guys on gapping/club selection. I hate (and I mean hate) my current 56*, so I'll be getting rid of it for sure. Question is what do I replace it with. My other question is what club do I add to my bag. I've got room for one more...another wedge? 5 wood? What do you think? Here's my current gapping/yardage:

D: 285

3w: 245

3 hybrid: 225

5i: 195

6i: 185

7i: 175

8i: 155

9i: 145

PW (45*): 130

AW (50*): 120

56*: 100

60*: 100

I rarely take full swings with my wedges, but when I tested on Trackman, 56 and 60 had same distance. I've noticed it on the course too. I ended up getting the AW as part of my iron set.

Also, wanted to add a plug for South Broadway CC...finally went there a few weeks ago. Great spot, Kelly is awesome. I'm going to take some lessons from him and see how it goes, but I liked his comments and demeanor when I was there. Can't wait until he's fully open.

I would add 4 hybrid or 4 iron and bend it so that it fits your 210 gap. I'm not 100% sure what's going on with your 56 and 60 but I've always feel like I hit those clubs to close together so I play a 50, 54, and a 61. The weird numbers gives me the nice 12 yard gaps. Is your AW a regular wedge or is it part of a set? I've always had an issue with the gap between the last iron club and the first wedge club. Good luck!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

I concur with TheKrushh with the 4I or 4h choice.

If Ping made a 64° Glide wedge, I would probably get rid of my 3W.