2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

Greg, were you hitting on the right side of the range at some point? I honestly did a double take thinking it was you but dismissed it thinking no way...i feel like a jerk if it was you lol

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, new to WRX and Im glad to see a 5280 group. Was hoping this weekend would be playable but I live in Littleton and it seems a bit too covered to be gone by the weekend. Question, is it frowned upon to post items for sale in the Colorado group? Much rather try buying/selling local first. Just hit up club champion and need to sell some clubs to pay for the new sticks. $$$$$ lol.

Greg, I'm pretty sure I was in the bar by that point, so perhaps I mixed you up with someone else. There was a guy that I did a double take with around noon on the range. Pretty funny tho...

Trent, I don't know the rules here fully but I can't imagine it being a big deal. Easier to ask for forgiveness....lol

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Wait, people sell clubs??

I only lose them (in the woods) or force an impromptu re-shaft ;)

In all seriousness though, I have just started giving them away to my friends who like to play but will never ever treat themselves to anything. Currently have about 8 putters in the garage though cause nobody ever wants the ones I tend to buy.

Jacob’s story made me think of the fight at Fossil Trace that had its 15 minutes of YouTube fame a few years back

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Hey everyone, new to WRX and Im glad to see a 5280 group. Was hoping this weekend would be playable but I live in Littleton and it seems a bit too covered to be gone by the weekend. Question, is it frowned upon to post items for sale in the Colorado group? Much rather try buying/selling local first. Just hit up club champion and need to sell some clubs to pay for the new sticks. $$$$$ lol.

Welcome!

Not sure if there's a WRX rule against posting to buy or sell...but as far as I care, if you've got something you're trying to move, feel free to say what it is. This is a solid group of guys; no one on here is going to be bothered by it, as best I can tell.

Also, I love your optimism, but there's no way you're playing this weekend. Too much on the ground and probably not cresting freezing for the next few days. AND snow Thursday and Friday. Winter has finally arrived.

Wait, people sell clubs??

I only lose them (in the woods) or force an impromptu re-shaft ;)

In all seriousness though, I have just started giving them away to my friends who like to play but will never ever treat themselves to anything. Currently have about 8 putters in the garage though cause nobody ever wants the ones I tend to buy.

Jacob’s story made me think of the fight at Fossil Trace that had its 15 minutes of YouTube fame a few years back

What putters do you have sitting around? I just ended up with a pretty banged up TM Ghost Daytona for free. Face is in perfect shape but the rest of the club looks like it was never kept in a cover. I kind of dig the slightly wider body, though I suspect I'll never use it. I had to snap the shaft to get it in my bag coming home from California, so it needs a reshaft. It'll probably go in storage...

I'm interested in this as well. I have a full set I want to find a better home for.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Well since we're selling clubs, I have a ton of stuff I need to just get rid of. The big item I have is an Epic SZ with DI-7x. Several other things but probably several other things I'd just give away to open up space in the garage lol. PM me if interested or what you're looking for. You can test anything I have at the range or even at SoBo CC. If you guys want a complete list I can post.

Do you have a fairway finder for a poor swing? I'll pay top dollar for it! :)

Pffft, that's child's play. Just give the group in front of you 14 balls and some $ to give you a favorable drop somewhere out there. Then proceed to hit 14 vaporizing balls off the tee and complain how you just can't pick up your ball off the tee.

Played highlands ranch with my last pass I had to use up yesterday afternoon. Freaking windy. Here's an interesting one for you guys. I have a full mental block going on the first three holes since last fall. Haven't played at all so I thought it would be gone by now. Can't hit the tee shots. I'm planning on going out and hitting 10-15 balls off each one at some points soon here but wow, I've never had this where I feel really nervous and my body just won't hit the shot. I started the day par, 9, 7, and was seven over after 3 holes. The weirdest thing is that I hit the ball near perfectly after those three holes. Hit every green from 4-18 and missed a bunch of good lucks to claw back to +4 for a 76. It's so weird and I will take any mental advice or strategy on fixing those mental blocks.

Also, since this WRX. I had a 30-40 mph downwind par 4 that I hit a 372 yard 3 iron. I think that's a record for me.

You change equipment? Definitely a mental block since your killing it the other holes. I know when I get a new driver I have the that type of issue off the tee for first few holes. Or until I know if it will a fade day or draw day. All depends my warm up....god help me if going both direction on the range. 3 wood all day long then.

Edit: Also you act like starting Par-9-7 is a bad thing :D JK

Same stuff and it's so weird. I feel fine with the equipment, just that my body won't let me hit the shot. I would hit a block push slice that went off the planet or a quick low hook if I tried not hitting it right. Later in the round I was hitting high fades and low draws no problem.

The par came from the driving range and I was using a yellow ball to make sure I found it. Some lady was hitting wedges of the back and tee and just continued to over my head. I was slightly annoyed and then remembered that I was playing from 50 yards in to the driving range...

Krush....sorry man but based on how you wrote that.... jokingly..... the image that pop'd into my head..... Charles Barkley's swing ;)

With permission granted here is the list. Colorado people first, if no takers I will post to classified.

Clearing my closet to pay for new sticks.

Pm me for pics I got a ton.

My gamers-

-Taylormade RAC MB TP Smokes 3-PW Rifle flighted FMC 6.5 frequency matched gilf pride mcc+.

-Taylormade EF spin groove wedges 52/9, 56/12, 60/10. KBS wedge flex golf pride mcc+.

-Taylormade Rescue 2/16* hot melt head. Aldila RIP 65 Stiff shaft golf pride mcc+.

- Aldila Rogue 110 MSI 70-3.1 S driver shaft W/taylormade adapter on it golf pride mcc+.

Other clubs-

- Taylormade rescue dual 2/16*. Aldila NV Hybrid 85 Stiff shaft.

- Taylormade coin forged RAC MB 3-PW (PW not pictured but included, forgot to grab it.) Rifle 6.0 Stiff shafts.

- Taylormade Z-TP wedges 52/9, 56/12, 60/10 and 60/6. KSB Hi-rev wedge flex shafts.

- Callaway Big Bertha Titanium 454 13* womens driver. 55w Womens flex shaft.

- True temper dynamic gold lite sencicore shaft pulls 3-PW. (Length of 3 and 6 irons in pictures). Unsure of flex.

- Taylormade micro lite carry bag

Soooo everyone....

Has anyone been to Swingers Sports Lounge in Lone Tree? I moved our office over there last year and I just noticed it last week. I am going to go with the name through me off :yes:

http://swingerssportslounge.com/

You moved your office there? I wanna work for your company!

I live down here and had no idea that they even existed. Need to look closer.

Let me know if you have any center-shafted putters that you haven't thrown into a lake yet. :)

Soooo everyone....

Has anyone been to Swingers Sports Lounge in Lone Tree? I moved our office over there last year and I just noticed it last week. I am going to go with the name through me off :yes:

seven dewey says he goes there every once in a while. He likes it.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Played highlands ranch with my last pass I had to use up yesterday afternoon. Freaking windy. Here's an interesting one for you guys. I have a full mental block going on the first three holes since last fall. Haven't played at all so I thought it would be gone by now. Can't hit the tee shots. I'm planning on going out and hitting 10-15 balls off each one at some points soon here but wow, I've never had this where I feel really nervous and my body just won't hit the shot. I started the day par, 9, 7, and was seven over after 3 holes. The weirdest thing is that I hit the ball near perfectly after those three holes. Hit every green from 4-18 and missed a bunch of good lucks to claw back to +4 for a 76. It's so weird and I will take any mental advice or strategy on fixing those mental blocks.

Also, since this WRX. I had a 30-40 mph downwind par 4 that I hit a 372 yard 3 iron. I think that's a record for me.

You change equipment? Definitely a mental block since your killing it the other holes. I know when I get a new driver I have the that type of issue off the tee for first few holes. Or until I know if it will a fade day or draw day. All depends my warm up....god help me if going both direction on the range. 3 wood all day long then.

Edit: Also you act like starting Par-9-7 is a bad thing :D JK

Same stuff and it's so weird. I feel fine with the equipment, just that my body won't let me hit the shot. I would hit a block push slice that went off the planet or a quick low hook if I tried not hitting it right. Later in the round I was hitting high fades and low draws no problem.

The par came from the driving range and I was using a yellow ball to make sure I found it. Some lady was hitting wedges of the back and tee and just continued to over my head. I was slightly annoyed and then remembered that I was playing from 50 yards in to the driving range...

Krush....sorry man but based on how you wrote that.... jokingly..... the image that pop'd into my head..... Charles Barkley's swing ;)

Don't worry, I'm not that sensitive. It definitely feels like Barkley. I think I'm gunna start pressing bets hard on four tee box and use it to my advantage!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Soooo everyone....

Yes I have used the simulators there probably a dozen times or so. They have a good selection of real courses as well as fantasy courses. They say it takes about an hour per person for 18 holes but that is false. We play with 12' gimme putts and double bogey max to move things along. Generally we can come really close to finishing 36 in 2 hours with 2 people. The cost is $30/hour per bay. Last time we played however the projector died on us. The manager?/owner? said they have to replace them every 8 months or so. Just bad luck I guess.

One thing I will say, is if you have a flatter swing like I do, be careful of hitting the wall with your driver! But if this doesn't happen at PGA SS you should be good.

Does anyone know what time in the season the mountain/western slope courses generally open up? I am trying to plan a golf outing for my 40th this year and weighing my options. Targeting the last week of May. That should be good, right? Not sure if I want to do Dillon/Keystone area or drive a bit further to play Ironbridge/Lakota/Redlands Mesa. Leaning towards the latter as I've already played Keystone Ranch and The Raven at Three Peaks

Played Pole Creek also for the first time last year and loved it.

Does anyone know what time in the season the mountain/western slope courses generally open up? I am trying to plan a golf outing for my 40th this year and weighing my options. Targeting the last week of May. That should be good, right? Not sure if I want to do Dillon/Keystone area or drive a bit further to play Ironbridge/Lakota/Redlands Mesa. Leaning towards the latter as I've already played Keystone Ranch and The Raven at Three Peaks

You might be pushing it as far as any of the mountain courses go. Really depends on what kind of spring we have, but even then, it could realistically still snow up there then. I'd go west. Anything in Junction should be fine. Lakota should still be good, even Eagle Ranch. You go also go down to 7 Bridges in Montrose. Another option would be to go South and hit Springs courses and Four Mile Ranch. Or even further south and get into Santa Fe and ABQ.

You might be pushing it as far as any of the mountain courses go. Really depends on what kind of spring we have, but even then, it could realistically still snow up there then. I'd go west. Anything in Junction should be fine. Lakota should still be good, even Eagle Ranch. You go also go down to 7 Bridges in Montrose. Another option would be to go South and hit Springs courses and Four Mile Ranch. Or even further south and get into Santa Fe and ABQ.

Eagle Ranch opens in March. The Grand Junction courses stay open all year long and I believe their winters are much milder than ours. I would add Devils Thumb to the list. I don't know when Ironbridge and Lakota open but I would think May should be fine.

I've done a few trips down to Albuquerque and can say that Paaa-Ko Ridge is one of the most fun golf courses I've ever played...

7 bridges is either an Eagles song or a course in Illinois. It is just The Bridges, we played it last year and weren't impressed.

Soooo everyone....

Yes I have used the simulators there probably a dozen times or so. They have a good selection of real courses as well as fantasy courses. They say it takes about an hour per person for 18 holes but that is false. We play with 12' gimme putts and double bogey max to move things along. Generally we can come really close to finishing 36 in 2 hours with 2 people. The cost is $30/hour per bay. Last time we played however the projector died on us. The manager?/owner? said they have to replace them every 8 months or so. Just bad luck I guess.

One thing I will say, is if you have a flatter swing like I do, be careful of hitting the wall with your driver! But if this doesn't happen at PGA SS you should be good.

Had 3 hours booked at Swingers last night. Showed up 20 minutes before we are scheduled to start only to be told that the projector died that morning. I predict this place is going to be out of business if this is such a common occurrence. Why not have backups always on hand? I get that they are expensive but so is not generating any revenue from them

I think once we are finally able to redeem our coupons I’m done with this place. Also it’s a Nebraska bar so it will be easy to not give them any business :)

Soooo everyone....

Had 3 hours booked at Swingers last night. Showed up 20 minutes before we are scheduled to start only to be told that the projector died that morning. I predict this place is going to be out of business if this is such a common occurrence. Why not have backups always on hand? I get that they are expensive but so is not generating any revenue from them

I think once we are finally able to redeem our coupons I’m done with this place. Also it’s a Nebraska bar so it will be easy to not give them any business :)

A Husker bar!? I have to go before they close then!

Soooo everyone....

A Husker bar!? I have to go before they close then!

I’m happy that CU vs NEB is back for the next two years...