Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of PGA Tour Superstore or Golf Galaxy have the M3/M4 and F8/F8+ in stores yet? Even though their monitors aren't very accurate, I'd be cool to swing those for fun.

GG has had F8's for about a month. Since I'm a big Cobra fan, I had to hit them. Great looks and sound, but no change in distance or accuracy for me.

I'll stick with my Fly-Z+ for the foreseeable future. The only club that's even tempting me to give it a hit is the G400 Max. I'm starting to realize I'd rather play the more friendly version of drivers come the next time I actually buy.

So...I may or may not have spent 2.5 hours in PGA Superstore...

Hit the F8+. Really liked the way it felt. The numbers I don't trust to save my life though. 275 carry, 305 total with 143mph ball speed? Sure, buddy, sure. Strikes felt good though. Would love to somehow test this out on the course for a couple rounds before actually buying it. Tried the Rouge 3wood too, and really liked that a lot. Much better than the Epic series.

There was a used Bettinardi that I really loved...but couldn't justify buying yet another putter.

Also tried on a Nike blade polo for the first time while I was there. I definitely don't have the same body type as Koepka, Day, McIlroy...but for a dude with a bit of a belly, I actually really liked the way it looked/felt. If only they weren't $80+ for a glorified T-shirt.

There was a used Bettinardi that I really loved...but couldn't justify buying yet another putter.

It would be so cool if I could go an entire season with the same putter.....it has never happened. But I would really be happy if 2018 is the year it finally does!

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

It would be so cool if I could go an entire season with the same putter.....it has never happened. But I would really be happy if 2018 is the year it finally does!

It was a 2016 BB1. Lime green paint fill on a shiny black head. It was very attractive. I did just get my tax refund back...

It was a 2016 BB1. Lime green paint fill on a shiny black head. It was very attractive. I did just get my tax refund back...

If you want to demo that F8 on course, get in touch with Dan Weitzel. He's a Cobra fitter (or was last I spoke to him) and is pretty loose with his equipment. He's let me take a trunkful of wedges and a couple of shafts to the range, and let me take a PM grind out for 2 rounds once while I was figuring out the bottom end of my bag. I'm almost certain he'd let you get the F8 out on course for a round. He's told me on more than one occasion that he doesn't like fitting off of a monitor as the only way anyway.

I think a few guys around here have worked with him, but feel free to mention how you found out about him. He works off of word-of-mouth as best I can tell.

If anyone is looking to get an F8/F8+, use the promo cde CPGATWMO on CobraGolf.com to get 25% off. Works on anything on the site (I couldn't find any restrictions). Can use this to get a new F8 for $299.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]D - TaylorMade SLDR 10.5* - Project X PXV Stiff[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]3W - Titleist 910F 15* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82 Stiff[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]3H - Titleist 909H 21* - [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blue 85 Hybrid Stiff[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]4-PW - Titleist AP2 710[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]GW/SW/LW - Vokey 200 Series - Black Nickel[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]P - Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 35"[/size][/font][/color]

My favorite color scheme. I'll be in that area Saturday night. Hmm........."

How much was it Jacob?

My understanding was that it will start with a membership and open play. Once the membership is full, they will shift to private. That was second hand knowledge so who knows if it’s true.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

My understanding was that it will start with a membership and open play. Once the membership is full, they will shift to private. That was second hand knowledge so who knows if it’s true.

Actually they have an agreement with the city that requires them to accept some amount of public play, so it will never be fully private unless they get the city to change the deal. They can set whatever price they want though.

If anyone is looking to get an F8/F8+, use the promo cde CPGATWMO on CobraGolf.com to get 25% off. Works on anything on the site (I couldn't find any restrictions). Can use this to get a new F8 for $299.

Thanks man, I caved and bought one since I have a Mitsubishi Chemical Pro Orange just lying in my garage with a Cobra tip! I ordered the F8+. Worse comes to worse I can sell a mint one for $300 all day long. I ordered mine with a the Even Flow Blue. If someone wants to hit it, we can meet up at South Broadway CC and get it on a Trackman next week when I get it. I'll have the Epic SZ with GD AD-7x to compare side by side.

One a side note, I played yesterday and lost 6 balls in the snow lol. Good thing I had some nicely used balls since I don't any throw away ones.

My favorite color scheme. I'll be in that area Saturday night. Hmm........."

How much was it Jacob?

Was practically new looking. $199 for it. I'm 90% sure it was 34".

Thanks man, I caved and bought one since I have a Mitsubishi Chemical Pro Orange just lying in my garage with a Cobra tip! I ordered the F8+. Worse comes to worse I can sell a mint one for $300 all day long. I ordered mine with a the Even Flow Blue. If someone wants to hit it, we can meet up at South Broadway CC and get it on a Trackman next week when I get it. I'll have the Epic SZ with GD AD-7x to compare side by side.

One a side note, I played yesterday and lost 6 balls in the snow lol. Good thing I had some nicely used balls since I don't any throw away ones.

I've been hitting the F8+ the past 2 days at the stores. Don't trust numbers or ball flight on them, but I really liked the way it felt at impact. Would definitely be interested in hitting it on a Trackman vs the shoddy, beefed up GC2's. Love SBCC, probably going to take some lessons there soon.

Do you have to make a reservation for Swing Rex or can you just show up? I'm home with my oldest on Friday so I was thinking about checking it out with him.

Friday night might be iffy. I've stopped in there on occasion and I was the only person there. I've never seen it packed, but if ever a time I'd guess a weekend evening/night would be the busiest time.

If you want to demo that F8 on course, get in touch with Dan Weitzel. He's a Cobra fitter (or was last I spoke to him) and is pretty loose with his equipment. He's let me take a trunkful of wedges and a couple of shafts to the range, and let me take a PM grind out for 2 rounds once while I was figuring out the bottom end of my bag. I'm almost certain he'd let you get the F8 out on course for a round. He's told me on more than one occasion that he doesn't like fitting off of a monitor as the only way anyway.

I think a few guys around here have worked with him, but feel free to mention how you found out about him. He works off of word-of-mouth as best I can tell.

Love Dan! He's the reason I'm playing the Mizuno driver. I was on the fence between Epic, 917D2 and the JPX900. He let me have the Epic and 900 for a couple of days to do some on the course testing. Went out to my course late afternoon and hit a few balls on each hole with each driver. The 900 was the easy winner.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

I got a Carbon Ringo 1/4 a few years ago and it hasn't left the bag. Love the weight of the head and the way it sets up.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Nice! I almost caved last night, but the wife shot me down. I'm hoping I can justify it if I get fitted, which is still on my to do list prior to the season starting.

Also, was really hoping the forecast was wrong today. Looking out of the office and seeing more snow coming down is super depressing :(

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]D - TaylorMade SLDR 10.5* - Project X PXV Stiff[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]3W - Titleist 910F 15* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82 Stiff[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]3H - Titleist 909H 21* - [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blue 85 Hybrid Stiff[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]4-PW - Titleist AP2 710[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]GW/SW/LW - Vokey 200 Series - Black Nickel[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]P - Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 35"[/size][/font][/color]

Do you have to make a reservation for Swing Rex or can you just show up? I'm home with my oldest on Friday so I was thinking about checking it out with him.

Friday night might be iffy. I've stopped in there on occasion and I was the only person there. I've never seen it packed, but if ever a time I'd guess a weekend evening/night would be the busiest time.

I was thinking during the day, probably after lunch at some point. I'm guessing it'll be ok during the day? Maybe I'll just send them a quick email.

I may need to abandon this thread...too much talk of new drivers, which I probably don't need but think I do :lol:

Oh you most definitely do.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Hope this isnt off topic as I'm kind of new to the Denver area and am in Brighton now. Anyway its a surprise coming from from South Dakota, that there arent smaller courses that offer family memberships or single unlimited passes, in the 1500 a year range. Have i just not seen them? I try to get out as much as possible and my options in Brighton seem to be Tood Creek, Riverdale and Buffalo Run. Coyote Creek in Ft Lupton is ok but prefer a bigger track. Would love to get out with some of you regulars if the sun ever comes out -

Thanks, Jay

GVR's membership isn't much more than that, IIRC. If I lived closer to there, I'd definitely consider getting one. Great course and facilities.

Edit: A little more than I remember at $3000 unless you can golf M-Th, then it's only $2,100.

https://www.gvrgolf.com/membership/membership-information/family-memberships

- Unlimited golf on our Championship and Par 3 Course for one eligible adult family member and spouse.

- Unlimited Practice Facility Use for one eligible adult family member and spouse

- 10-day advance tee times (Monday - Sunday and Holidays)

- $300 credit toward one of the following:

~Men's Club Memberships

~Golf Cart Rentals including cart membership

~Dining at the Green Valley Ranch Bar & Grill

~Golf Shop Merchandise

- Eight Guest Passes for 18-Hole Green Fees (cart not included)

- 10% discount on food items at the Green Valley Ranch Bar and Grill.

- 15% discount on non-sale in-stock golf shop merchandise

- Special guest fee rate and member cart discount

- Two 45-minute lessons at the GVR Golf Academy

- Cart membership available for $1,000 + tax

- Add any children in your family for just $300 each (must be under 22 years old)

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

I may need to abandon this thread...too much talk of new drivers, which I probably don't need but think I do :lol:

I'm quite happy the talk moved away from the Betti and on to drivers.....That is something I can skim right past. I am quite happy with my pure stock 2016 M2.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Jacob, I'll keep you posted on when it comes and we'll work out a date for Broadway CC.

City of Westminster has an OK yearly deal. I think the shock is that golf courses are packed and don't need to offer any sort of yearly pass to drive revenue. Also may want to check with the course Saddleback in Firestone...

Anybody up north want to play? Or willing to drive a little bit?

Looking at a 12:00 noon tee time Saturday at Highland Meadows up in Windsor on Teeoff. Only $23.00 for 18 holes. Only problem is, they're only allowing booking for 2-4 players. So I can't just book myself as a single for that price.

Dang. Can't make a noon time. Any later slots?