2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of GVR, was anyone here going to do Monte's golf clinic (again)? I know Bert and Greg did it last year, and I'm contemplating doing it again, but haven't yet committed.

I wanted to do Monte's clinic, but will be out of town. Did it two years ago in DC and loved it. He's a great instructor and the price is incredibly competitive.

I want to do Monte's clinic again as I had a great time last year and learned quite a bit. Does anyone know the dates off hand? I'll need to check our calendar though.

The proposed Denver dates are 5/19-21. I'm not sure how many people have registered and/or if it's confirmed yet. I remember last year, Monte said he doesn't confirm a date until at least 8 people sign up, to make sure there's enough interest to be worth it.

Do you guys have snow on the ground? Thursday looks like an awfully nice day.

Depends on the course. Some have no snow and others have some to very little, I guess depending on their sun exposure.

I might stop by the Golf Expo just to look around. Pretty dangerous as I usually pick up a couple old sets of blades just for fun...even though I need to unload 3 sets as of now.

Do you guys have snow on the ground? Thursday looks like an awfully nice day.

Depends on the course. Some have no snow and others have some to very little, I guess depending on their sun exposure.

I might stop by the Golf Expo just to look around. Pretty dangerous as I usually pick up a couple old sets of blades just for fun...even though I need to unload 3 sets as of now.

Thanks Irv. I've always gone on Friday to have the best selection of used stuff. Don't know if I'll make it this year.

Not in the need for any clubs but as irvtrain noted always have too "look"

Mainly going to see what the deals/discounts are at some of the courses listed to be there. Normally you have to pre pay. Mainly looking at the mountain courses.

A few years back 6 of us bought some pre-paid rounds for Lakota Canyon, Iron Bridge and Raven that were like 30-40% off. No restrictions on when you played.... have to see if that is still the same?? We made a long weekend of golf/food and drinking. We stayed in Glenwood Springs. Played the Raven on Friday driving up, Iron Bridge on Saturday and Lakota Canyon on Sunday then drove back.

A friend pointed out today with courses listed at the expo you could also do something similar at Granby and saves an hour drive each way. If you have not played some of the mountain courses.....they are AWESOME for an ego boost on distance . :taunt:

Edit: If people are going more then willing to meet up.

There was a used Bettinardi that I really loved...but couldn't justify buying yet another putter.

It would be so cool if I could go an entire season with the same putter.....it has never happened. But I would really be happy if 2018 is the year it finally does!

It was a 2016 BB1. Lime green paint fill on a shiny black head. It was very attractive. I did just get my tax refund back...

I got to putt with this a bit this past Saturday. It was very nice. But I couldn't justify buying it either.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

There was a used Bettinardi that I really loved...but couldn't justify buying yet another putter.

It would be so cool if I could go an entire season with the same putter.....it has never happened. But I would really be happy if 2018 is the year it finally does!

I got a Carbon Ringo 1/4 a few years ago and it hasn't left the bag. Love the weight of the head and the way it sets up.

So pardon my ignorance....just did some reading about these. So it looks like they are local? These are good looking putters. I'm intrigued by the Ringo 1/4 because it has less toe hang. I am currently using a Scotty 2.6 center shafted putter and it has improved my putting inside 10 feet a lot. I tend to be less consistent with more arc in my stroke.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

I got a Carbon Ringo 1/4 a few years ago and it hasn't left the bag. Love the weight of the head and the way it sets up.

So pardon my ignorance....just did some reading about these. So it looks like they are local? These are good looking putters. I'm intrigued by the Ringo 1/4 because it has less toe hang. I am currently using a Scotty 2.6 center shafted putter and it has improved my putting inside 10 feet a lot. I tend to be less consistent with more arc in my stroke.

Yeah, Carbon is down by the Tech Center. They also run PutterLounge, if you ever want to have stuff refinished locally...though I contacted them about stamping my wedges multiple times and they wouldn't take the easy money I wanted to give them to do it.

**SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT**

Have any of you guys heard of a magazine called "The Golfer's Journal"? My friend is a writer for it and though pricey at $75/year for a quarterly copy, the photography is excellent, the stories are great. You're basically getting a coffee table book each quarter that's nothing like the standard golf magazines. There aren't any ads outside of the first and last couple of pages and there are no instructional articles. It's all just golf storytelling.

If you dig that kind of stuff and are intrigued, it might be worth a subscription. It's definitely in the luxury goods category, but I've really enjoyed both editions I've gotten. I also have one spare copy of each of the last two issues that I'm happy to give to whomever would like one (spreading the love and going one per person).

The Golfer's Journal is an excellent publication. I heard about it on the NLU podcast and got a subscription starting with issue #2. I read it cover to cover one night after work when it showed up. Kept me entertained for 2-3 hours, so I figure that was well worth the cost. So refreshing to get a really good product, instead of the marketing drivel that is Golf Digest. I liked it so much, I went and ordered issue #1 just because I didn't want to miss one.

I'm obsessed now with getting a chance to play Sweetens Cove after that article. My parents live in Knoxville, TN, so I'm hoping to get out that way to visit during the summer, and make a drive down to Chattanooga to play that course.

The Golfer's Journal is an excellent publication. I heard about it on the NLU podcast and got a subscription starting with issue #2. I read it cover to cover one night after work when it showed up. Kept me entertained for 2-3 hours, so I figure that was well worth the cost. So refreshing to get a really good product, instead of the marketing drivel that is Golf Digest. I liked it so much, I went and ordered issue #1 just because I didn't want to miss one.

I'm obsessed now with getting a chance to play Sweetens Cove after that article. My parents live in Knoxville, TN, so I'm hoping to get out that way to visit during the summer, and make a drive down to Chattanooga to play that course.

Awesome! I've got a friend in Nashville and was just talking to him about Sweetens. I may go play it in April.

My friend wrote the Tijuana story in #1 and the Sheep Ranch one in #2. Glad you're digging the publication. It's a really refreshing read, especially when you're inundated with the usual stuff from Golf Digest, etc.

Yeah they are located over by off of Dry Creek & Alton way. They are a family owned company with the brothers doing the putter work and the mom running the front. They also run regripit (https://regripit.com/index.php/). I've gone thru a few putters in my 8 year of playing and haven't changed since I got the Ringo. I have a Newport 2, 3 Kingston's and a ping in the backup bag.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

**SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT**

Have any of you guys heard of a magazine called "The Golfer's Journal"? My friend is a writer for it and though pricey at $75/year for a quarterly copy, the photography is excellent, the stories are great. You're basically getting a coffee table book each quarter that's nothing like the standard golf magazines. There aren't any ads outside of the first and last couple of pages and there are no instructional articles. It's all just golf storytelling.

If you dig that kind of stuff and are intrigued, it might be worth a subscription. It's definitely in the luxury goods category, but I've really enjoyed both editions I've gotten. I also have one spare copy of each of the last two issues that I'm happy to give to whomever would like one (spreading the love and going one per person).

I have a subscription, really enjoy reading them when they come in.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Excuse my newness here, but who is Monte and what’s this clinic of which you speak?

He has quite the presence online and on this site. He is a golf instructor and he does clinics from time to time across the US. I think he did one last year, I didn't make it.

All info here.

Rebelliongolf.com/clinics

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Excuse my newness here, but who is Monte and what’s this clinic of which you speak?

He has quite the presence online and on this site. He is a golf instructor and he does clinics from time to time across the US. I think he did one last year, I didn't make it.

All info here.

Nice redesign on the website! Looks great!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

All info here.

Thank you.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

All info here.

Agree. Need to get the wife to agree to this...

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Does anyone know if that Carbon place has a physical store front at their location? Is it someplace you can stop by and take a look at their putters? I'd love to support a local company next time I wanna get a new flatstick.

Not an actual physical store but last time I was there (it's be a while) they had a some putter available to roll as well as a ton of different grips to try out. I'd suggest calling them before heading over to see what they have out.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Does anyone know if that Carbon place has a physical store front at their location? Is it someplace you can stop by and take a look at their putters? I'd love to support a local company next time I wanna get a new flatstick.

Not an actual physical store but last time I was there (it's be a while) they had a some putter available to roll as well as a ton of different grips to try out. I'd suggest calling them before heading over to see what they have out.

I have a putter from there. I was one of their first customers and it took about 5 weeks to get my putter. From what I understand, the wait time for something custom will take even longer. But I love that I did get a custom putter like this that I'll never sell.

I have a putter from there. I was one of their first customers and it took about 5 weeks to get my putter. From what I understand, the wait time for something custom will take even longer. But I love that I did get a custom putter like this that I'll never sell.

Nice looking putter, looks like they do excellent work.

Great looking putter. I have the Ringo 1/4 with the Colorado on the bottom. Actually purchased it at the Denver golf expo 3 years ago. Still in the bag....

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4