2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2018

pseudoswede

If you need people to fill out the group I may be able to swing it depending on the dates. I've always wanted to play Bally Neal.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good past week - passed my exam and had a great, long weekend in Steamboat with friends skiing some killer snow. Now that life has returned back to normal, I'm stoked to start playing and practicing again.

I don't think I'm going to be able to make Monte's clinic happen unfortunately. We're in the process of redoing our kitchen which is already over my anticipated budget and I foolishly committed to taking the entire fam to Hawaii in the fall so I need to be smarter with money this year lol. That also means no new driver this season :(

The Sunday before my exam, I stocked up on rounds at the expo and somehow won another free round at South suburban again, so I am really looking forward to playing soon. I scored some great deals - $37 at Heritage Eagle Bend, $35 at Hyland Hills, and $55 at GVR with lunch and a beer, all with cart. I also scored some $50ish rounds at the Ridge earlier this year. I'm sure I'm missing something else, as I got pretty drunk with friends at the expo which is always a dangerous thing when you're ready to spend money lol.

Cheers to everyone! Looking forward to a great season and hopefully getting more rounds with some of the great guys we have here.

C

Congrats brah. Has to be a huge weight off your shoulders.

When and where are you going to Hawai'i? We usually go there for 2 weeks in Oct/Nov depending on my sons fall break. If you need any info on the islands let me know. I may be able to help a bit.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I drove by Lone Tree GC yesterday. I'm pretty surprised how much snow there still is on the course.

I am hoping that is not the case up north. Booked a tee time for Saturday afternoon at Buffalo Run. I will call tomorrow afternoon to make sure they are open/playable.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Anyway, I loved it and wish it was closer since initiation and dues were not over the top.

What kind of numbers are we talking about?

I drove by Lone Tree GC yesterday. I'm pretty surprised how much snow there still is on the course.

Well it was $10,000 initiation but they had a half off deal with no dues for the rest of the year. I was there in August. The dues were over $4,000 for the year. I thought that was pretty reasonable when I was looking into everything here in town. The two cheapest in town were Rolling Hills at $35K Junior initiation and Ravenna at $12,500. Both had high monthly dues over $500 per month with it increasing when I turned 40 etc.

Whoaaa that was a good deal. If it was closer it would be a perfect deal. Nothing locally is really close to that.

Is it 2 hours? In my head that's what I'm remembering. An hour would be awesome and I'd probably be all in. 2 hours is awesome to go super early, rock a huge day, and come back. You wouldn't want to try to do that on a semi-regular basis tho. I'm all in on any of the trips if schedule allows. Would be fun.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

It was a good past week - passed my exam and had a great, long weekend in Steamboat with friends skiing some killer snow. Now that life has returned back to normal, I'm stoked to start playing and practicing again.

I don't think I'm going to be able to make Monte's clinic happen unfortunately. We're in the process of redoing our kitchen which is already over my anticipated budget and I foolishly committed to taking the entire fam to Hawaii in the fall so I need to be smarter with money this year lol. That also means no new driver this season :(

The Sunday before my exam, I stocked up on rounds at the expo and somehow won another free round at South suburban again, so I am really looking forward to playing soon. I scored some great deals - $37 at Heritage Eagle Bend, $35 at Hyland Hills, and $55 at GVR with lunch and a beer, all with cart. I also scored some $50ish rounds at the Ridge earlier this year. I'm sure I'm missing something else, as I got pretty drunk with friends at the expo which is always a dangerous thing when you're ready to spend money lol.

Cheers to everyone! Looking forward to a great season and hopefully getting more rounds with some of the great guys we have here.

C

Congrats brah. Has to be a huge weight off your shoulders.

When and where are you going to Hawai'i? We usually go there for 2 weeks in Oct/Nov depending on my sons fall break. If you need any info on the islands let me know. I may be able to help a bit.

Thanks! Huge weight for sure!

We're heading out in October to Kauai again. We were out there in June 2016, and loved it, so I thought I'd bring the kids this time. I'm definitely bringing my clubs this time though!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Anyway, I loved it and wish it was closer since initiation and dues were not over the top.

Colorado Avid Golfer publishes the initiation/dues for all private courses in the state every April. It was $22,500 initiation and $4500 a year last year for Ballyneal for those within 300 miles.

https://www.colorado...-denver-region/

Yes it probably has gone up. I was there August of 2016. Initiation has been going up as they maybe full or near full. When I was there they were still looking to add about 50ish members. Ballyneal initiation has been all over the place since it opened. I think it was $75,000 initially and only had like 50-60 members, so the course was always empty. Then it went through its financial issues and ultimate foreclosure. I think during that time people got in for as low as $2,500 initiation I believe. The half off deal was you and a buddy joined but membership lady said she could find someone to pair me with pretty easily.

Well it was $10,000 initiation but they had a half off deal with no dues for the rest of the year. I was there in August. The dues were over $4,000 for the year. I thought that was pretty reasonable when I was looking into everything here in town. The two cheapest in town were Rolling Hills at $35K Junior initiation and Ravenna at $12,500. Both had high monthly dues over $500 per month with it increasing when I turned 40 etc.

Whoaaa that was a good deal. If it was closer it would be a perfect deal. Nothing locally is really close to that.

Is it 2 hours? In my head that's what I'm remembering. An hour would be awesome and I'd probably be all in. 2 hours is awesome to go super early, rock a huge day, and come back. You wouldn't want to try to do that on a semi-regular basis tho. I'm all in on any of the trips if schedule allows. Would be fun.

It is about 2 1/2 hours. Depending on dates I would be in for a trip to Ballyneal/Neb trip.

I've never played it, but Pinery is/was offering a $2,500 initiation and like $400/month dues, and you had access to Pradera too.

http://www.thepinerycountry.club/

I've definitely considered this. Valley was like $10K for Junior initiation, another course that I've never played, but it looks like an old school design, and definitely walkable. Don't think Pinery or Pradera are walkable.

Keep me in the loop for Ballyneal or any other trips! Sorry I have been MIA...we have a new family member that has been taking up my time and attention!

Congrats!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Keep me in the loop for Ballyneal or any other trips! Sorry I have been MIA...we have a new family member that has been taking up my time and attention!

I feel ya. Our littlest is 9 months...

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I've never played it, but Pinery is/was offering a $2,500 initiation and like $400/month dues, and you had access to Pradera too.

I've definitely considered this. Valley was like $10K for Junior initiation, another course that I've never played, but it looks like an old school design, and definitely walkable. Don't think Pinery or Pradera are walkable.

Ha - We just joined there. I'll shoot you a PM.

I would say the Pinery is definitely walkable but not Pradera but I haven't tried either.

Played Valley once. Really liked it and you're right def old school. Not overly long but the greens are tough (at least I thought they were). I had so many putts that broke more than once.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I live in "Kansas" (jokingly...just north of Murphy Creek) and it is 3 hours from my house. So assume if your south or west of Denver your looking at 3.5-4.0 hours one way.

I know it was Brian's idea so will let him chime in on what works for him and others. Below is what we did for the first two courses....

"Leave Thursday night / Crash in Kearney / Friday Awarri Dunes (36 holes) / Stay in Kearney Friday night"

*I had to look back why we stayed two nights in Kearney, it appears at the time there was not a lot of accommodations in Gothenburg (may have changed since) plus better food/beverages.

Saturday up early / 1 hour drive to Gothenburg / Saturday Wildhorse (36 holes)...

After that it was onto the private courses and just stayed there....

Doing something similar could hit a course on the way back Sunday (Bayside is the only one I can think of along that route though??). OR leave on Friday night and just come back on Sunday after Wildhorse making it just a quick weekend trip.

Edit: Pricing I know has changed but on the spreadsheet I had for this trip it shows up a lot cheaper then I recall Could of been the food ..and.. drinks part (cool)

Congrats!

Thanks! 4 months here...been amazing.

But yes, I could use a golf trip and driving to the destination is a bonus.

Ha - We just joined there. I'll shoot you a PM.

I would say the Pinery is definitely walkable but not Pradera but I haven't tried either.

Played Valley once. Really liked it and you're right def old school. Not overly long but the greens are tough (at least I thought they were). I had so many putts that broke more than once.

You joined Pradera/Pinery, and left Blackstone/Black Bear? I think Pradera/Pinery has had a really good deal going, and 2 pretty interesting courses to play. I liked our time at Black Bear/Blackstone, but I really had to be on the ball to get good weekend tee times :). I'm guessing it isn't getting any easier.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons for leaving. Since we have 2 little I need to get out/back early to be a dad. It was getting impossible to do. Let me say I'm an early morning person. Normal day I'm up at 0400 and at work at 0500. Tee times open at 0500 and I found it tough to get times before 0900 :first time in summer is 0700: when I got on-line at 0500. Plus I think they simply have too many members. Good for them, bad for me.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Yeah-I get it. I've played with a few folks that are at Pinery and Pradera, the really like the courses, and the clubs...and it doesn't seem like they have trouble playing when they want. If you are determined, and plan properly (which you do) you should be able to get the times you want. That said at most all courses, short of Castle Pines Golf Club, if you wait too long the weekend prime slots fill up quickly....

Yeah, that's one of the reasons for leaving. Since we have 2 little I need to get out/back early to be a dad. It was getting impossible to do. Let me say I'm an early morning person. Normal day I'm up at 0400 and at work at 0500. Tee times open at 0500 and I found it tough to get times before 0900 :first time in summer is 0700: when I got on-line at 0500. Plus I think they simply have too many members. Good for them, bad for me.

I said this last year, too. I have a friend who is a member at Pinery. He and his buddies get the very first tee time available on weekdays, and they can play 18 and be back in their cars going to work by 8:30/9.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

We weren’t planning on doing a first birthday party, but were informed that both sets of grandparents are flying in from Arizona and Alabama. May 4th is going to be much more chaotic than I ever wanted it to be.

I’ll take a look at the trip stuff. I’ve got to look at my shoot schedules over the coming months and figure out what works, as well as talk to my wife about what’s actually feasible.

We weren’t planning on doing a first birthday party, but were informed that both sets of grandparents are flying in from Arizona and Alabama. May 4th is going to be much more chaotic than I ever wanted it to be.

I’ll take a look at the trip stuff. I’ve got to look at my shoot schedules over the coming months and figure out what works, as well as talk to my wife about what’s actually feasible.

What do you shoot? Besides in the low 70's.

I said this last year, too. I have a friend who is a member at Pinery. He and his buddies get the very first tee time available on weekdays, and they can play 18 and be back in their cars going to work by 8:30/9.

What an awesome idea. I may have to jump on that!.....if the wife is cool with it.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

That is freakin' awesome....