2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

New UST Mamiya PROFORCE V2 Shafts...

stryper

Sorry if this was referenced elsewhere, but can they have possibly improved on this iconic shaft?

http://www.ustmamiya.com/golf-shafts/brands/proforce/proforce-v2-wood/

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

Thanks, didn’t see that. Was interested in the updated V2, since I currently love the one i have in my hybrid, and thought an upgrade might be in order.

Overall, I’m a big fan of UST Mamiya products, might think about swapping out my fw shaft for the new V2 :dntknw:

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

Thanks, didn’t see that. Was interested in the updated V2, since I currently love the one i have in my hybrid, and thought an upgrade might be in order.

Overall, I’m a big fan of UST Mamiya products, might think about swapping out my fw shaft for the new V2 :dntknw:

Based on a company inquiry, it is the same shaft with new graphics. At least it is the same price.

Thanks, didn't see that. Was interested in the updated V2, since I currently love the one i have in my hybrid, and thought an upgrade might be in order.

Overall, I'm a big fan of UST Mamiya products, might think about swapping out my fw shaft for the new V2 :dntknw:

Based on a company inquiry, it is the same shaft with new graphics. At least it is the same price.

...and the same torque values.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the V2 in a 905R and loved the new paint job and since I've been looking for a new shaft for my Srixon 745, I decided to try it out. Tipped it 1". Took advantage of the warm weather and hit some shots at the range today. Big difference from the Kuro that was originally in there. More solid ( hate shafts that kick) and the launch was mid-high and very flat. Very stable and accurate and more in line with the type of feel that I prefer.

Maltby KE4 TC Max UST V2 HL Stiff
Callaway Rogue 3W Synergy 60

Maltby KE4 Tour TC 19*, 22* Matrix HX3 White Tie
Taylormade Burner TP Japan Issue 5-PW C-Taper Lite Stiff

Titleist SM7 52*/S, 58*/D DG120 Stiff
<Searching>

• 2 weeks later...

I still don’t understand how these are so cheap. Had one in a 3 wood years ago and loved it.

I had UST call me out on Instagram swearing it was a new shaft after I mentioned someone on here contacted them and had the customer service representative say it was the same shaft with new paint. Said it had recoil technology, blah blah.

I'm convinced it's the exact same shaft and just a new paint coating. Not saying that's a bad thing because the V2 is great and keeping it the same price is what the shaft industry needs but don't pretend it's something it's not if it's the same shaft as before.

I still don’t understand how these are so cheap. Had one in a 3 wood years ago and loved it.

I had UST call me out on Instagram swearing it was a new shaft after I mentioned someone on here contacted them and had the customer service representative say it was the same shaft with new paint. Said it had recoil technology, blah blah.

I'm convinced it's the exact same shaft and just a new paint coating. Not saying that's a bad thing because the V2 is great and keeping it the same price is what the shaft industry needs but don't pretend it's something it's not if it's the same shaft as before.

Yeah, messaging is a little confusing.

I think I’ll try one in my hybrid. At that price it’s so easy to justify a little test.

Yeah, messaging is a little confusing.

I think I’ll try one in my hybrid. At that price it’s so easy to justify a little test.

I’ve had the original V2 hybrid shafts in my DET hybrids for 6 years now & have not found a better combination. They are still in the bag & not looking elsewhere, had a 76s in my 3w for a few years too & absolutely killed it.

If it’s just the paint that has changed, I’d game them in a heartbeat.

I wonder is $130 more is worth it for the Tour version. Driver swing speed is usually around 112. I’ll be getting a 90x in either.

I can't see it stated anywhere about the "Recoil" technology for the standard shafts. My bet is the Tour one has that incorporated and the regular V2 is just the paint.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

I can't see it stated anywhere about the "Recoil" technology for the standard shafts. My bet is the Tour one has that incorporated and the regular V2 is just the paint.

It's the third bullet point on the regular V2 web page:

http://www.ustmamiya...oforce-v2-wood/

It's the third bullet point on the regular V2 web page:

http://www.ustmamiya...oforce-v2-wood/

Well that shows how good my reading comprehension skills are then, doesn't it. Thanks!

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

In my experience tour versions tend to be more stable. Probably worth it.

All depends on what this actually is. Could be:

1) reissue of the V2 Tour Flight which was very different than the standard V2

2) SPX type situation where it is literally the same shaft with different graphics and/or a special serial number

3) completely new design

We'll see I guess...

2) SPX type situation where it is literally the same shaft with different graphics and/or a special serial number

3) completely new design

We'll see I guess...

I was under the impression that SPX shafts were made under tighter tolerances, but essentially the same. Similar to Tour Issue DGs.

3) completely new design

We'll see I guess...

I was under the impression that SPX shafts were made under tighter tolerances, but essentially the same. Similar to Tour Issue DGs.

The "tolerance" term that is thrown around in a lot of marketing refers to the post-production sorting and QA process (actual production is not any different).

SPX shafts are simply stock production shafts (with exception to the limited run SPX only offerings, but those are really just different models altogether) that are sometimes finished differently and put through a series of tests for which measurements and specs are recorded in a database and referenced based on the special serial number. It was initially meant to track specs for tour issue shafts and which players they were going to but they found a niche demand once the shafts started getting into the hands of the general public.

TT DG shafts are literally the same as the original Dynamic shafts only weight sorted to +/- 2g from spec. All shafts came off the same line and batches outside of that tolerance were labeled Dynamic and sold at a lower price. The DG Tour Issue shafts are the same thing but with a tolerance of +/- .5g and a difference shaft band. Literally the same shaft produced the same way targeting the same spec.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the new PROFORCE V2 7F5 in an 8.5 M3 Head and got fantastic results on the launch monitor. Mid boring flight with super low spin around 1450 rpm. The best thing was I hit it DEAD STRAIGHT shot after shot. So a combination of low torque and twist face seems to work for me. Currently I play 2017 M1 9.5 with Tour AD TP6X and hit it well but hooky sometimes. The M3 V2 7F5 as not hooking at all, slight fade if anything. I may order an M3 with it since no upcharge and if later don't like the shaft swap it for the AD TP6X. The V2 7F5 looks very cool and I like the texture too.

May have to try a newer version at some point... have the older 66g stiff in my 917 D3 and '16 M2, I love the feel of this shaft and it has always given me great results on the course... 76g in my 905r, too...

Srixon ZX7 mkii 9.5 HZRDUS rdx red 60s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Srixon ZX5 mkii 3, ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless custom 34"

• 1 month later...

Not relevant to the new vs old discussion, and I don't mind either paint job. But can someone help compare the feel and performance characteristics to a HZRDUS Black? If I remember correctly, the V2 was marketed as low/low. I think feel wise, it is probably similar to the HZRDUS, but its been years since I hit a V2 and I'm wondering how the two would theoretically compare in terms of spin and launch.

Not relevant to the new vs old discussion, and I don't mind either paint job. But can someone help compare the feel and performance characteristics to a HZRDUS Black? If I remember correctly, the V2 was marketed as low/low. I think feel wise, it is probably similar to the HZRDUS, but its been years since I hit a V2 and I'm wondering how the two would theoretically compare in terms of spin and launch.

i thought they were comparable in terms of performance - but the v2 felt firmer yet softer feedback of that makes sense. also, the black didn't feel like it loaded, where as the v2 felt like you could feel the load and unload through impact.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

i thought they were comparable in terms of performance - but the v2 felt firmer yet softer feedback of that makes sense. also, the black didn't feel like it loaded, where as the v2 felt like you could feel the load and unload through impact.

Thanks. I thought I remembered the V2 feeling somewhat similar to the HZRDUS. But the last time I hit it, it was in a brand new G10! I did play the hybrid version in a Nickent 20* for a long time that was absolutely money for me until it cracked.

Any thoughts on launch/spin comparison?