MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @TheCityGame said:

> The scoring average of 10 handicappers is about 83/84/85. Scratch golfers are more like 73 (course dependent, but that's ball park). That's what the bottom of the PGA tour average is. Again, on much easier courses, but that guy's game looks a lot more like a pro on a longer course than a guy shooting 85 from 6500 yards.

>

Some don't seem to understand that tour pros blow it regularly in tournaments. The guys that everyone is watching are on their game that week and will light the course on fire. When a pro is in the zone they'll shoot stupid scores but a legit scratch golfer that gets hot should be able to keep up on a day when they have their C+ game. Just my personal opinion based on playing against folks that have gone pro

• Like 1

> @Sterling_247 said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > The scoring average of 10 handicappers is about 83/84/85. Scratch golfers are more like 73 (course dependent, but that's ball park). That's what the bottom of the PGA tour average is. Again, on much easier courses, but that guy's game looks a lot more like a pro on a longer course than a guy shooting 85 from 6500 yards.

> >

> Some don't seem to understand that tour pros blow it regularly in tournaments. The guys that everyone is watching are on their game that week and will light the course on fire. When a pro is in the zone they'll shoot stupid scores but a legit scratch golfer that gets hot should be able to keep up on a day when they have their C+ game. Just my personal opinion based on playing against folks that have gone pro

Everyone in this thread plus a few non-WRXers I've posed the hypothetical to have all disagreed with me.

Based on that, plus the above words from Mr. 59 himself, I will admit my error in judgement and the fallacies of my argument. You all win. I lose.

[b]Ping G410 Plus[/b] 12* Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
[b]Titleist TS2[/b] 3HL 16.5* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Taylormade SIM2 Max[/b] 7W 21* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Callaway Rogue[/b] 21* 4h Mitsubishi C6 80S
[b]Rogue Pro[/b] 5-P Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Callaway Mack Daddy CB[/b] 50* Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 54 (bent to 56*) D Grind Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Fastback 2[/b] 34'' Stability Tour Black Shaft, SuperStroke GTR 1.0

> @willboyrd said:

> > @Sterling_247 said:

> > > @TheCityGame said:

> > > The scoring average of 10 handicappers is about 83/84/85. Scratch golfers are more like 73 (course dependent, but that's ball park). That's what the bottom of the PGA tour average is. Again, on much easier courses, but that guy's game looks a lot more like a pro on a longer course than a guy shooting 85 from 6500 yards.

> > >

> > Some don't seem to understand that tour pros blow it regularly in tournaments. The guys that everyone is watching are on their game that week and will light the course on fire. When a pro is in the zone they'll shoot stupid scores but a legit scratch golfer that gets hot should be able to keep up on a day when they have their C+ game. Just my personal opinion based on playing against folks that have gone pro

>

> Everyone in this thread plus a few non-WRXers I've posed the hypothetical to have all disagreed with me.

>

> Based on that, plus the above words from Mr. 59 himself, I will admit my error in judgement and the fallacies of my argument. You all win. I lose.

>

>

Don’t say everyone

Don’t really care what a scratch shoots, what a pro shoot or what 10 + shoot. (Doesn’t impact me)

Just care about my score and what I can do for my game...

Keep up the conversations.. not always going to have people agree and always going to have a disagreements.

Just don’t take it personal

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

> @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > @willboyrd said:

> > > @Sterling_247 said:

> > > > @TheCityGame said:

> > > > The scoring average of 10 handicappers is about 83/84/85. Scratch golfers are more like 73 (course dependent, but that's ball park). That's what the bottom of the PGA tour average is. Again, on much easier courses, but that guy's game looks a lot more like a pro on a longer course than a guy shooting 85 from 6500 yards.

> > > >

> > > Some don't seem to understand that tour pros blow it regularly in tournaments. The guys that everyone is watching are on their game that week and will light the course on fire. When a pro is in the zone they'll shoot stupid scores but a legit scratch golfer that gets hot should be able to keep up on a day when they have their C+ game. Just my personal opinion based on playing against folks that have gone pro

> >

> > Everyone in this thread plus a few non-WRXers I've posed the hypothetical to have all disagreed with me.

> >

> > Based on that, plus the above words from Mr. 59 himself, I will admit my error in judgement and the fallacies of my argument. You all win. I lose.

> >

> >

> Don’t say everyone

>

> Don’t really care what a scratch shoots, what a pro shoot or what 10 + shoot. (Doesn’t impact me)

>

> Just care about my score and what I can do for my game...

>

> Keep up the conversations.. not always going to have people agree and always going to have a disagreements.

>

> Just don’t take it personal

>

>

>

Oh, not taking it personal at all. I'm totally fine with waving the white flag in a trivial debate, especially when somebody quantifies their stance with data and logic is very well thought out. Also, I have little to no personal experience playing with golfers scratch level or better so the core of my argument wasn't really on very solid footing.

Don't tell City, but even without meeting the guy or playing with him and only reading his thoughts on a golf message board, I respect his passion and the thoughtfulness he has towards the game.

Was going to end this with a cool hashtag then remembered WRX killed hashtags

[b]Ping G410 Plus[/b] 12* Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
[b]Titleist TS2[/b] 3HL 16.5* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Taylormade SIM2 Max[/b] 7W 21* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Callaway Rogue[/b] 21* 4h Mitsubishi C6 80S
[b]Rogue Pro[/b] 5-P Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Callaway Mack Daddy CB[/b] 50* Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 54 (bent to 56*) D Grind Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Fastback 2[/b] 34'' Stability Tour Black Shaft, SuperStroke GTR 1.0

> @willboyrd said:

> > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > > @willboyrd said:

> > > > @Sterling_247 said:

> > > > > @TheCityGame said:

> > > > > The scoring average of 10 handicappers is about 83/84/85. Scratch golfers are more like 73 (course dependent, but that's ball park). That's what the bottom of the PGA tour average is. Again, on much easier courses, but that guy's game looks a lot more like a pro on a longer course than a guy shooting 85 from 6500 yards.

> > > > >

> > > > Some don't seem to understand that tour pros blow it regularly in tournaments. The guys that everyone is watching are on their game that week and will light the course on fire. When a pro is in the zone they'll shoot stupid scores but a legit scratch golfer that gets hot should be able to keep up on a day when they have their C+ game. Just my personal opinion based on playing against folks that have gone pro

> > >

> > > Everyone in this thread plus a few non-WRXers I've posed the hypothetical to have all disagreed with me.

> > >

> > > Based on that, plus the above words from Mr. 59 himself, I will admit my error in judgement and the fallacies of my argument. You all win. I lose.

> > >

> > >

> > Don’t say everyone

> >

> > Don’t really care what a scratch shoots, what a pro shoot or what 10 + shoot. (Doesn’t impact me)

> >

> > Just care about my score and what I can do for my game...

> >

> > Keep up the conversations.. not always going to have people agree and always going to have a disagreements.

> >

> > Just don’t take it personal

> >

> >

> >

>

> Oh, not taking it personal at all. I'm totally fine with waving the white flag in a trivial debate, especially when somebody quantifies their stance with data and logic is very well thought out. Also, I have little to no personal experience playing with golfers scratch level or better so the core of my argument wasn't really on very solid footing.

>

> Don't tell City, but even without meeting the guy or playing with him and only reading his thoughts on a golf message board, I respect his passion and the thoughtfulness he has towards the game.

>

> Was going to end this with a cool hashtag then remembered WRX killed hashtags

#fairwaysandgreensunlessyouarea10handicap

• Like 2

protos F4

> @baddomes said:

> Ok what about a scratch who belongs to Oakmont?

Not to be difficult, but if your handicap index is 0 (scratch), it does not matter where you belong as your course handicap will be 0 if you're playing at Oakmont (77.5/147 from the tips) or Woodmore (75 / 137 from the tips) or EPP (70.5/115 from the tips).

I could understand the arguement that your handicap index may travel better if you play a hard course all the time, but you could also argue that a really hard course (Oakmont) usually has better conditions than an easy course.

> @ALTSean said:

> > @baddomes said:

> > Ok what about a scratch who belongs to Oakmont?

>

> Not to be difficult, but if your handicap index is 0 (scratch), it does not matter where you belong as your course handicap will be 0 if you're playing at Oakmont (77.5/147 from the tips) or Woodmore (75 / 137 from the tips) or EPP (70.5/115 from the tips).

>

> I could understand the arguement that your handicap index may travel better if you play a hard course all the time, but you could also argue that a really hard course (Oakmont) usually has better conditions than an easy course.

I'll take someone who shoots a thousand 77s at Oakmont over someone who shoots a thousand 70s at EPP straight up every time.

> @baddomes said:

> > @ALTSean said:

> > > @baddomes said:

> > > Ok what about a scratch who belongs to Oakmont?

> >

> > Not to be difficult, but if your handicap index is 0 (scratch), it does not matter where you belong as your course handicap will be 0 if you're playing at Oakmont (77.5/147 from the tips) or Woodmore (75 / 137 from the tips) or EPP (70.5/115 from the tips).

> >

> > I could understand the arguement that your handicap index may travel better if you play a hard course all the time, but you could also argue that a really hard course (Oakmont) usually has better conditions than an easy course.

>

> I'll take someone who shoots a thousand 77s at Oakmont over someone who shoots a thousand 70s at EPP straight up every time.

b9odrjx7hnsk.jpg

> @baddomes said:

> > @ALTSean said:

> > > @baddomes said:

> > > Ok what about a scratch who belongs to Oakmont?

> >

> > Not to be difficult, but if your handicap index is 0 (scratch), it does not matter where you belong as your course handicap will be 0 if you're playing at Oakmont (77.5/147 from the tips) or Woodmore (75 / 137 from the tips) or EPP (70.5/115 from the tips).

> >

> > I could understand the arguement that your handicap index may travel better if you play a hard course all the time, but you could also argue that a really hard course (Oakmont) usually has better conditions than an easy course.

>

> I'll take someone who shoots a thousand 77s at Oakmont over someone who shoots a thousand 70s at EPP straight up every time.

But what if the tees are really far back at EPP?

I'd like to bring it to everyone's attention that I killed a fruit fly with chopsticks last week, on my first attempt, while it was mid-flight. I haven't received an honorary black-belt in the mail yet, but I'm expecting one. City, please update your "How to bring down Siegel" contingency plan accordingly.

• Like 1

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @eagle1997 said:

> > > @Puppetmaster said:

> > > Recap later, if I can remember anything at all, but made a trip to Woodmore yesterday. Glad I finally got to check out the course, but even happier to spend an afternoon with Eagle, Boogs, and C Free. So much LOLing, one liners, and even some golf in between. Old Bay wings to end, and sammich envy of C Free's BLT with overeasy egg. A+++++ experience.

> >

> > example of the shenanigans. one one drive, puppet flares one right, one handed finish, but still ends up in the fairway. i proceed to pummel my best drive ever on that hole, up in the fairway where it pinches in. there was some distance between us, and on a lark i ask c.free to shoot the difference between me n puppet's ball (it was A LOT. ((snickers)). btw, this was only on hole 2.

> >

> > "break out the laser" became the refrain for the day whenever comparing distance between drives and comparing other things.

> >

> >

>

> This is obviously a preposterously fabricated story because it involves Puppet, Cfree and Boogs all playing golf.

Definitely didn’t happen. Too many Bigfoot and unicorn sightings in one outing? Naw, would never happen.

Testing: Sim2 8*, Mizuno ST-G 220

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Cleveland Mashie 15.5*

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI/Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Three

Fun fact - Chris Stroud and I shared a coach for several years.

Another fun fact - I am not a member at Oakmont.

• Like 1

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I have a new driver coming before this weekend, just in time for someone to carry me to victory at the 4ball.

FAbb will cackle and Tex’s jimmies will be rustled as to why I bought this one.

On vacation I played my dad’s (late 60s) driver and hit it real well and decided to get a copy. 12 degree 917 d2 with a regular Diamana m+ 50 shaft. I think the good results were the same as my current driver, but it felt less whippy even though it’s a 50g regular flex. Felt more in control in transition and more consistent.

2nd swing prices were pretty good.

> @SullGolf said:

> I have a new driver coming before this weekend, just in time for someone to carry me to victory at the 4ball.

>

> FAbb will cackle and Tex’s jimmies will be rustled as to why I bought this one.

>

> On vacation I played my dad’s (late 60s) driver and hit it real well and decided to get a copy. 12 degree 917 d2 with a regular Diamana m+ 50 shaft. I think the good results were the same as my current driver, but it felt less whippy even though it’s a 50g regular flex. Felt more in control in transition and more consistent.

>

> 2nd swing prices were pretty good.

Sully no jimmies rustle.. you are regular and have been for years.

They make 65 gram ones too— has been my go to shaft for guys that are slower but quick transition

protos F4

> @2moreTerps said:

> About Tex. I played this weekend with a buddy of mine who good for good has been about 15-20 yards longer than me. Post epic w/ x shaft good for good I was longer than him. Only problem is good for me was like 2 for 7. I gotta figure out if I can hit this thing straight. Because I am pounding it when I do.

New club, different look at address, etc.

Can’t remember.. regular epic? sZ?

Regular epic/flash models are draw bias

sZ are always neutral or fade

protos F4

I got out yesterday afternoon with a buddy of mine, PQ, and City. We played a fourball, that turned out to be a threeball. I played some truly atrocious golf, but man it was fun to be a fly on the wall in that match. There was some good golf. PQ played maybe the best overall golf I've seen from him this year. He was KILLING the TS2 driver, and irons were on point. City went about his business as usual, always showing up when it mattered. He embraces the pressure moments as opportunities to shine as well as anybody I've played with. When there's a putt that matters, he wants to hit it. Save for my par on one of the easiest holes on the golf course, my buddy essentially played the match solo. It ended up square after 18, so a rubber match will certainly be in order.

> About Tex. I played this weekend with a buddy of mine who good for good has been about 15-20 yards longer than me. Post epic w/ x shaft good for good I was longer than him. Only problem is good for me was like 2 for 7. I gotta figure out if I can hit this thing straight. Because I am pounding it when I do.

That's where I was with that Titleist I played a couple years back. I didn't hit a fairway for a month.

Point of interest : A few podcasts back, NLU has on the Callaway media director. He's a guy who has also served as a producer for lots of big time golf and sports. The interview was mostly about golf broadcasts. He had lot of interesting things to say, including why some broadcasts suck so bad.

First round of US Am today. I have a work training thing that's supposed to take 3-6 HOURS to finish today. Might be propping up the old phone on my desk while I click "next" about a thousand times.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green