2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

Sign #312 that you need to cut back: the animated movie you're watching nearly brings you to tears.

And it's not the opening montage of "Up."

Been a rough week for yours truly, hope everyone had a good time at the TurKey Party. Wish I could have been there.

Any good pics to share?

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

\#GTAMSEWWM

![](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/familyguy/images/6/65/Pinocchio.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20101106144516 "")

"Ooops. I dropped my glasses. By the way, Pinocchio, there was a cookie missing from the cookie jar. Did you take it?"

Just brought up a lot of emotions for Eagle

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

The first 10 minutes of Up have to be ranked as some of the saddest in cinema history.

GTAMSEWWM: That scene in Titanic: The Legend Goes On where, plot twist, the Titanic sinks and Winnie and Jeremy decide to die on the ship together instead of escaping in the easily accessible life boats with all the animals.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

If you want to get the hashtag to show up, you need to type the word "hashtag" then an underscore, then the word you want to hashtag. But, it won't show up in preview. \#GolfWRXBugs

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Season ending Turkey Shoot scramble was a success this year. I'm still not sure who was TD, but I think HBD did most of the leg work on getting the course along with domes and endless throwing in some assistance, so thanks to all.

Teams were pretty solid this year. A golfers were all between +2 and 3. High "B" golfer was still about a 10.

It was windy and cold, but the course was short and scores reflected this. I think 3 teams eagled hole 2. One team eagled 17, and one team eagled 10 when seatwarmer Andy holed out their approach shot.

Fun course for a scramble. My team was me, Domes, YoungChen, and DaveChen. We started out great. . .birdie, eagle, birdie, but then we all missed pretty short birdie putts on 4/5. 6 was playing incredibly tough for a par 5 and we parred that too.

We turned at 5 under, but there were already teams closer to 9 under. We played the back in -6, though, which was solid (and that was with missing a couple shorties).

Everyone helped out on the team. DaveChen stuck a wedge close on 9. We used his approach on 3. YoungChen was hitting good drives all day, which gave me and Domes the freedom to bash away. YC was also hitting a low stinger that was useful on a few holes into the wind. He made 20-ish foot putt on the last par 3 after Domes and I had just barely missed and that was a sweet putt to see drop.

But, the winning squad was clearly too tough. HBD in a scramble is a beast, and their D golfer (andy) is solid.

Congrats. Well run. See you all next year in Hive events.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @siegel159 said:

> The first 10 minutes of Up have to be ranked as some of the saddest in cinema history.

>

> GTAMSEWWM: That scene in Titanic: The Legend Goes On where, plot twist, the Titanic sinks and Winnie and Jeremy decide to die on the ship together instead of escaping in the easily accessible life boats with all the animals.

When I first read this, I thought that Siegel must have gotten some good stuff from the dispensary. Then I Googled it, and yes, someone had the audacity to make an animated kids movie about the Titanic. Here's the IMDB summary:

**A Cinderella meets her Prince Charming on the ill-fated Titanic. Along for the ride are a rapping dog, other talking animals, and an assortment of wacky humans.**

One star rating. And apparently its in Italian.

Why were you watching this Siegel?

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @Ocgolfrick said:

> > @siegel159 said:

> > The first 10 minutes of Up have to be ranked as some of the saddest in cinema history.

> >

> > GTAMSEWWM: That scene in Titanic: The Legend Goes On where, plot twist, the Titanic sinks and Winnie and Jeremy decide to die on the ship together instead of escaping in the easily accessible life boats with all the animals.

>

> When I first read this, I thought that Siegel must have gotten some good stuff from the dispensary. Then I Googled it, and yes, someone had the audacity to make an animated kids movie about the Titanic. Here's the IMDB summary:

>

> **A Cinderella meets her Prince Charming on the ill-fated Titanic. Along for the ride are a rapping dog, other talking animals, and an assortment of wacky humans.**

>

> One star rating. And apparently its in Italian.

> Why were you watching this Siegel?

You don't watch poorly made cartoon movies in Italian for fun?

I googled "worst animated movies reddit," and the first post in the first link mentioned that movie. So I found a plot summary and figured the scene with Winnie and Jeremy was the saddest. I also think there's a non-zero chance Eagle watches weird animated movies, so it's not like Titanic: The Legend Goes On is out of the question.

Callaway md3 52* S grind

> @TheCityGame said:

> A rapping dog, you say?

>

> ![](https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/a/a1/Poochie.jpg "")

>

Eagle's thought : "Look at that lil' rapping dog go. He got real talent. Its too bad that ship he's on gonna hit an iceberg and you know they gonna get the people in the lifeboats and that lil' dog gonna freeze to death.

Eagle 1 second later:

bht4thnuqaal.jpg

Suck it, Ceejay.

> @TheCityGame said:

> Season ending Turkey Shoot scramble was a success this year. I'm still not sure who was TD, but I think HBD did most of the leg work on getting the course along with domes and endless throwing in some assistance, so thanks to all.

Agree completely. Really nice event on Sat. Weather cooperated enough that it was never uncomfortable and the course was in very good shape for mid-November. I had a great grouping with Dom, Ceejay, and Seigel. Dom obviously lead the way for us and was clutch so many times its hard to recall them all but everyone contributed. Seigel was banging the D all day and drained our birdie putts on 1 and 2 to get us off to a hot start. Ceejay came through with a long birdie putt on 3 and hit several key approaches on the front. I started off a bit slow but was able to contribute with some good drives and a few birdie putts of my own as we made the turn. As a team, we made the turn at 7 under but finished at 11. We had a few of those in between length putts that had some movement that seemed makeable but just didnt fall followed by a struggle off the tee on 17 that had the group behind us laughing pretty hard. But all in all, very fun event and good ending to the Hive tournament season.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

Went to the Ravens- Texans game yesterday, a friend of mine from college got me and my son tickets. While it was cool to see Lamar in action, and the defense stifle the Texans, the best part of the game was the Maryland Lottery Football Toss.

At the end of the first quarter, they bring out three targets- one is about a 5 yards ,a 10 and a 15. My buddy says all season no one has even made the 5. If you make the 5 yard, you get $5000 cash, 10 yard $10000, and the 15yd $25000.

So they introduce the lucky fan who gets the chance to win the cash! They pan the camera over, and its an older looking lady who CLEARLY does not want to be doing this.

Mainly because she has no teeth. At all. She either left her dentures home, doesn't have any, or thought she would look better without them.

She received my full throated support from the nosebleed section. I figured if she wasn't from Dundalk, then she had to be an Eastern Shore native. Let's bring that cash back to the Shore, hun!

So she starts throwing, and its going just about as well as you imagine it would. Balls going end over end, most falling short of the target.

AMAZINGLY, one ball happens to fall in the 5 yard target. She just won $5k! So they move her back, and she's throwing. Now they're not even close to going in as they all fall short.

So the timer stops and the cheerleaders are jumping up and down and they bring out the big check. You never saw another person so MAD to be winning $5000 as this woman in all your life. She's scowling, the the cheerleaders are all crowded around her and the check and it looks like she'd like nothing more than to slap everyone of them. I scoured the net looking like a photo to no avail. Suffice to say it is now my most enduring Ravens stadium memory.

• Like 1
Suck it, Ceejay.

Yea, super fun Saturday. CJ, Dom, and Hoop made a killer group. We had some rough spots on the back, but it was fun the whole way through.

Started off birdie, eagle, birdie with some bomb putts by me and CJ. Dom was solid basically the entire round, hitting a bunch of great drives, good approaches, and clutch putts. CJ's had a bunch of approaches that led to birdie chances, with a few of great putts thrown in there as well. Hoop crushed his drive on #1, but the ball striking was a bit off on the front 9. On the back 9 his swing came together though, and he hit some monsters off the tee. He also volunteered as the guinea pig on basically every putt, giving me, CJ and Dom the best chance at sinking it.

We had a great run going, and we had a shot at winning, but we sort of blew up on #17 and limped away with a par. CJ, Dom, and Hoop all hit OB right. We had a tail wind off the tee, so I stepped up thinking to myself that I'm just gonna rip this ball as hard as I can. This, obviously, led to me topping it. So we had to use a tee shot that went like 30 yards on a par 5. We ended up having an outside chance at a bird, but couldn't sink the putt. And I'm pretty sure every other group at least birdied the hole, so we lost at least 1 stroke there.

Side note, except for the tee shot on #17 and my patented terrible tee shot on #1, I struck it great off the tee. We ended up using a bunch of my tee shots. I was telling Hoop during the round that I've stopped focusing on P3 so much, and started paying more attention to P4. I'm not sure what this means for my game going forward.

Edit: First round I've played with Dom. He brought snacks for the entire group. 10/10 would golf with Dom again.

Callaway md3 52* S grind

Weekend commentary including WDC food options, music and movies.

Absolutely nothing golf related follows.

Stayed in DC this weekend for two shows at the Anthem. Over the last ~ 25 years I've seen shows at dozens of venues between Baltimore and Richmond. Honestly, the Anthem might be the best of the bunch. Its a 6,000 seat venue that somehow really does feel like a small club. Excellent seating design. Very good audio/acoustics. Logistically in terms of the non seating areas it is also extremely well designed. 2nd and 3rd floors have very wide walkways behind the seats, lots of bar options and plenty of bathrooms. Outside bar area on the 2nd floor doubles as the smoking area but is a cool spot overlooking the water. Sold out both nights and never once felt crowded walking around, getting drinks or getting in/out. If you've ever been to the Black Cat, 930 Club or similar sized place, you know how claustrophobic they can be when they are sold out.

Anthem also uses a mobile app to open and close bar tabs, very good idea. You open a tab at the beginning of the night, it gives you a tab number you show the bartender. You can see the running tab throughout the night and close it when you leave. No need to go back for a credit card, wait in line to pay your tab at the end of the night etc. In fact if you have too many drinks and get back to your hotel without remembering, it automatically closes you out with a 20% tip. Super easy.

Wharf has a few good restaurant options although my favorite is still hitting the fish market for the fried fish sandwich w. hot sauce. My wife and I used to go there all the time when she lived in SW and its still a fun place to go. Still a gong show getting in and out of there so I was glad we were walking but it was crowded every time we went. Fun restaurant (Kaliwa) by the folks that had Restaurant Eve in Old Town - sort of a combo Korean/Filipino/Thai menu. Had brunch at the Intercontinental Hotel place (Kith/Kin) - very simple menu but very good. I would have never thought to have a crab eggs benedict with curry sauce instead of hollandaise but it was pretty damn good for a hangover. Also in a related story, what is the age where you should stop having wicked hangovers. Not asking for a friend.

Had never been to a District Doughnuts but I imagine its like every other fancy Duck Donut type place. Which is to say it was delicious.

My wife lived for years at the bottom of the SW waterfront and for the last...ten years or so it had been an absolute dump. We did the walk from her place to the fish market all the time but it wasnt necessarily something I would have recommended to people. Granted we did not get all the way South this time around but they've certainly given people a reason to come back to that part of the city and spend money. Cant recommend the Anthem enough, if there's a group there that you want to see - go.

Went to see Ford v. Ferrari on Saturday in Georgetown. I dont know why I had such low expectations of it - but its one of the best movies I've seen in the last few years. Was awesome in Imax. Just an A+ movie all around.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

> @dcmidnight said:

> Stayed in DC this weekend for two shows at the Anthem. Over the last ~ 25 years I've seen shows at dozens of venues between Baltimore and Richmond. Honestly, the Anthem might be the best of the bunch. Its a 6,000 seat venue that somehow really does feel like a small club. Excellent seating design. Very good audio/acoustics. Logistically in terms of the non seating areas it is also extremely well designed. 2nd and 3rd floors have very wide walkways behind the seats, lots of bar options and plenty of bathrooms. Outside bar area on the 2nd floor doubles as the smoking area but is a cool spot overlooking the water. Sold out both nights and never once felt crowded walking around, getting drinks or getting in/out. If you've ever been to the Black Cat, 930 Club or similar sized place, you know how claustrophobic they can be when they are sold out.

>

> Anthem also uses a mobile app to open and close bar tabs, very good idea. You open a tab at the beginning of the night, it gives you a tab number you show the bartender. You can see the running tab throughout the night and close it when you leave. No need to go back for a credit card, wait in line to pay your tab at the end of the night etc. In fact if you have too many drinks and get back to your hotel without remembering, it automatically closes you out with a 20% tip. Super easy.

The Anthem is the best. A very impressive place. Hopefully you were able to take advantage of happy hour pricing on the 2nd and 3rd floors from the time the venue opens until the opening act. I feel like that is a cheat code there that nobody takes advantage of.

• Like 1

> @dcmidnight said:

> Weekend commentary including WDC food options, music and movies.

>

> Anthem also uses a mobile app to open and close bar tabs, very good idea. You open a tab at the beginning of the night, it gives you a tab number you show the bartender.

How does it work? Do they tell you when you get tickets, "oh, get the app for the bar"? Or you need to download the app when you get there or they have a QR code at the venue that you scan that downloads the app, or what?

NY Times magazine did a huge "internet issue" this weekend and one article was about the Chinese internet. Apparently, they use WeChat for almost everything, but in particular, stores can make what the author called "mini programs" that sound like what you're describing here. Very good idea.

Wife was selling at a gallery in that district on Saturday. Nothingburger of a show (no one in the gallery) but she dug the neighborhood. Gallery owner tells her to come by 12-5 on Saturday. She's leaving at 5 and gallery owner tells her, "this is when it really starts getting busy around here. Oh and Sundays are our busy day."

Wife : wtf?

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @ceejay81 said:

> The Anthem is the best. A very impressive place. Hopefully you were able to take advantage of happy hour pricing on the 2nd and 3rd floors from the time the venue opens until the opening act. I feel like that is a cheat code there that nobody takes advantage of.

Definitely a cheat code, completely forgot to mention this. Its 25% off from when you get in until the show starts. We were in by ~645p both nights and even though it was supposed to be an 8p show, it didnt start until 845p or so - they waited to get all the general admission people in off the dock. So two hours of really cheap drinks, good size Jack and Cokes were $7.50. Sorry Jack and Pepsi - no Coke products lol. But theres also a good coffee spot upstairs for boozy coffee options.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

> @TheCityGame said:

> How does it work? Do they tell you when you get tickets, "oh, get the app for the bar"? Or you need to download the app when you get there or they have a QR code at the venue that you scan that downloads the app, or what?

I think its all three of those - it was certainly small enough (size wise) you could download it onsite. There was also a sign at the bar that 1 - they are cashless and 2 - mentions the app. And its on their website.

Very easy to use. You put your name/CC number in the app. When you open it, it geolocates where you are, lists the venues nearby that use the app, click the one you want and select Open Tab. If comes up with a screen with just a really big number, say 123. You show the bartender the app screen and your last name - they punch it up in the system, almost instantly it pings you that its added something to your tab so you can keep a running look at it all night. At the end of the night you click close tab, click the tip - and its done. Or like I said, the first night I forgot it and the app closes itself out 20 minutes after the show ends.

I didnt check where else uses it but the Anthem certainly didnt seem to be the only place in DC listed. IMO its a very simple but very good idea for bars to use.

Its one of those things I've never thought about before but once I used it I said, why isnt *every* bar doing something like this.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

> @TheCityGame said:

> Season ending Turkey Shoot scramble was a success this year. I'm still not sure who was TD, but I think HBD did most of the leg work on getting the course along with domes and endless throwing in some assistance, so thanks to all.

>

> Teams were pretty solid this year. A golfers were all between +2 and 3. High "B" golfer was still about a 10.

>

> It was windy and cold, but the course was short and scores reflected this. I think 3 teams eagled hole 2. One team eagled 17, and one team eagled 10 when seatwarmer Andy holed out their approach shot.

>

> Fun course for a scramble. My team was me, Domes, YoungChen, and DaveChen. We started out great. . .birdie, eagle, birdie, but then we all missed pretty short birdie putts on 4/5. 6 was playing incredibly tough for a par 5 and we parred that too.

>

> We turned at 5 under, but there were already teams closer to 9 under. We played the back in -6, though, which was solid (and that was with missing a couple shorties).

>

> Everyone helped out on the team. DaveChen stuck a wedge close on 9. We used his approach on 3. YoungChen was hitting good drives all day, which gave me and Domes the freedom to bash away. YC was also hitting a low stinger that was useful on a few holes into the wind. He made 20-ish foot putt on the last par 3 after Domes and I had just barely missed and that was a sweet putt to see drop.

>

> But, the winning squad was clearly too tough. HBD in a scramble is a beast, and their D golfer (andy) is solid.

>

> Congrats. Well run. See you all next year in Hive events.

>

>

It was indeed great fun out there. The weather was surprisingly mild. Sunny and the wind wasn't too bad. And City and Domes are always fun to ball golf with.

You say Junior was hitting good drives, but he was not happy with his driver. On the last few holes he went to the 3 wood. I'm not sure those stinger drives that he hit were intentional.

I hit some pretty good putts, but they just wouldn't fall in.

Yeah, I guess YoungChen was coming out of it a little a few times. He was hitting it off the bottom. But he did have some good ones. He was definitely out there on enough holes where I felt good about reaching back and banging.

He was slipping a little. I know he didn't have golf shoes on, but he doesn't really have a "solid base" either. Doesn't matter right now; he's taking lessons and hitting balls. It'll come around.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

. . .also I'm very interested in "Ford vs. Ferrari". Love what I've heard about it. And, James Mangold (the director) is great. He made that movie Logan. . .maybe my top comic book movie ever. So good. (rounding out the list, "Into the SpiderVerse", GOTG2, American Splendor).

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @aiyyer said:

> Just for the record - Hampshire Green was almost a 9 mile walk.

>

>

If only two of us Hivers who walk all the time had written something in the google group distribution list about not walking it. SMDH.

And you were in the first group. We didn't play slow out there, but there were multiple times when we waited on Group 2 who was waiting on you.

And, everyone who signed up said they were walking.

I wasn't TD, but as just a player in the third group who was playing golf in 35ºF weather, that wasn't exactly a choice I was psyched about. At the very least, you guys should have gone off last. If I was on the tee box when you guys teed off, I would have been a stinker about it.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @baddomes said:

> > @aiyyer said:

> > Just for the record - Hampshire Green was almost a 9 mile walk.

> >

> >

>

> No one was impressed.

>

> I sent out the registration before knowing anything about the walk.

>

> Everyone registered to ride.

>

> Then 2 guys walked anyway. That's a problem that we'll fix before next year.

>

With warm regards