2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @Ocgolfrick said:

> > @siegel159 said:

> > The first 10 minutes of Up have to be ranked as some of the saddest in cinema history.

> >

> > GTAMSEWWM: That scene in Titanic: The Legend Goes On where, plot twist, the Titanic sinks and Winnie and Jeremy decide to die on the ship together instead of escaping in the easily accessible life boats with all the animals.

>

> When I first read this, I thought that Siegel must have gotten some good stuff from the dispensary. Then I Googled it, and yes, someone had the audacity to make an animated kids movie about the Titanic. Here's the IMDB summary:

>

> **A Cinderella meets her Prince Charming on the ill-fated Titanic. Along for the ride are a rapping dog, other talking animals, and an assortment of wacky humans.**

>

> One star rating. And apparently its in Italian.

> Why were you watching this Siegel?

I was going to google it to see if it was real. Then I yelled to myself, "don't be so gullible! There's no animated titanic movie!"

Just goes to show, your first thought it usually the right one.

> @TheCityGame said:

> . . .also I'm very interested in "Ford vs. Ferrari". Love what I've heard about it. And, James Mangold (the director) is great. He made that movie Logan. . .maybe my top comic book movie ever. So good. (rounding out the list, "Into the SpiderVerse", GOTG2, American Splendor).

I liked the movie as well. There is a very good interview with Mangold on 'The Big Picture' podcast. Definitely worth a listen.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

> @baddomes said:

> No one was impressed.

>

Noted and that was not the High school intent..

Walking seemed to make more sense in 38* weather with 10 mph winds than riding. Dumb maybe but definitely not intended to hold up play. Endless did find us in the woods and gave us a ride on a couple of holes because of the crazy transfers.

Great choice of course by HBD and for November, it was in good shape. For a County course, this is at a different level than Needwood, Falls Road etc.

Pretty cool to see Sully and kid on the first tee and Cfree on the 18th show up after soccer practice. Hickory snickering and walking jokes aside, our group played well but just did not make any putts. Always fun to play with Endless, Deadman and Hickory John.

Regarding hickory, John was trying out his new toys and as a plus handicap, he can do whatever he wants. Especially when he can hit a green into the wind with a hickory shafted 4 iron that we collectively could not reach with our fairway woods. And eagled the putt with a hickory shafted putter. Great guy and nice to talk Tad Moore golf stuff.

JM is a great guy. Has a great game. I like where he's coming from, and he loves the game, and likes enjoying it in alternate ways. He's a walker, eschews fancy equipment, is into course design, has a sense of style.

Remember Domes and I met him at "Home on the Range" at Tobacco Road, mentioned the Hive and he reached out and started showing up and playing.

All of that I'm 1 million percent behind. Excellent addition to the Hive. I hope he stays next next.

He's awesome.

BUT, when you're playing in an event where people put in their money to try to go win prizes and they're relying on you, that's not fine, IMO. If it's a fourball, or a scramble, or a team event, that's not all right. Club Championship, Red Tee, Solstice. . .go ahead. . .play with a Fisher Price set. Don't care.

All of his team cool with it, so I'm happy. Endless said it didn't make a difference, that you just couldn't make a putt. And, that might be true. But, you also might have been 20 yards further on every drive and 5 feet closer on every putt if your A golfer brought his equipment.

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I had no problem with JM and the hickories. 0 problem. We would have been +2 without him, as overall poorly the three of us played. My slice off the tee was back, which didn’t help. A putter throw that went 30 yards from deadman also didn’t help JM play well. He seemed a bit off after that.

We used 80% of his shots for sure. It’s a four person scramble for $25 per person, in November. Truely, I don’t care. He is a good dude.

Great course, never played it before, conditions were good. I would like to play there again from the proper tees.

Great 2019 season wrapped up. Overall felt all the events went great and people enjoyed themselves, that’s all that matters.

• Like 2

> @endlesswinterco said:

> A putter throw that went 30 yards from deadman also didn’t help JM play well.

This has been/is being addressed.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

So a guy post we walked 9 miles on the course and the immediate response was negative.

Aiiyeer is not looking for validation was just throwing out an interesting stat.

Most courses are 5 miles so thus why hampshire greens probably doesn’t allow walkers.

However — assuming y’all were the only ones on the course. So if they want to walk let them BUT should of told y’all so they could of moved to the back of the tournament.

Love walking but if it could impact a tourney I would talk to my group/organizer

All parties need to respect each other in that decision.

Hickories- JM can use my kids club and still shoot low. He is mindset in our “tourneys” is different when he is really competing. It seems hard for him to take it serious when strokes or fun tourneys are happening. Doesn’t take away from his attitude or abilities just something I have noticed.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

> @misplacedtexan83 said:

> So a guy post we walked 9 miles on the course and the immediate response was negative.

>

> Aiiyeer is not looking for validation was just throwing out an interesting stat.

>

> Most courses are 5 miles so thus why hampshire greens probably doesn’t allow walkers.

>

> However — assuming y’all were the only ones on the course. So if they want to walk let them BUT should of told y’all so they could of moved to the back of the tournament.

>

> Love walking but if it could impact a tourney I would talk to my group/organizer

>

> All parties need to respect each other in that decision.

>

> Hickories- JM can use my kids club and still shoot low. He is mindset in our “tourneys” is different when he is really competing. It seems hard for him to take it serious when strokes or fun tourneys are happening. Doesn’t take away from his attitude or abilities just something I have noticed.

>

>

Every single point you raised in this post has already been addressed between Aiiyyer's post and now, so what is your point with this?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I was heretofore unfamiliar with what Mike Strantz looked like, but I have to say that is dead solid perfect. I thought I was looking at real life Club Pro Guy for a second.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> He's a walker, eschews fancy equipment.

>

A couple years ago there was a group of seniors at MV who wanted to play with hickories and I didn’t have the slightest idea how much they cost. Honestly I didn’t even know companies made them new, I just assumed they were refurbd old ones. Dont know what kind of sticks he had but the last time I looked at something similar to the Tad Moores they were @ $1,500-2,000 for a small set with a putter.

Guess I'll just be thankful he didnt show up with a $400 Mackenzie bag, we might have had to burn down the thread.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Me in my golf cart with my 460 cc $500 TaylorMade driver with a Japanese hand rolled graphite shaft bringing up the rear of the event playing just over 4 hours in the victorious 4some...

![](https://media1.giphy.com/media/129OnZ9Qn2i0Ew/giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298f88c87ab1169d6d3e4445a6c39fe4cf27bcb927&rid=giphy.gif "")

![](https://media3.giphy.com/media/1cFNeNUnpn6Tu/giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ed847141618b6349ca501a0987509f1e3c789c57&rid=giphy.gif "")

• Like 2

Big picture - got busted by my wife. She is out of the country for two weeks and she FaceTime me on the seventh hole to ask about the kids.. who were home alone and perfectly legal !

Before I realized I was on FaceTime I had apparently filmed JM swinging his hickories. For about 10 seconds I stuck with my story that it was highly irrational that anybody would be swinging a stick wearing a newsboy cap in Maryland and that I was home in the backyard. Until endless and Deadman showed up in theIr cart and in the view.

Big picture - first full year with the group both. Great experience Obviously some of us take golf more seriously than others but we all enjoy the game for different reasons.

• Like 1

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > He's a walker, eschews fancy equipment.

> >

>

> A couple years ago there was a group of seniors at MV who wanted to play with hickories and I didn’t have the slightest idea how much they cost. Honestly I didn’t even know companies made them new, I just assumed they were refurbd old ones. Dont know what kind of sticks he had but the last time I looked at something similar to the Tad Moores they were @ $1,500-2,000 for a small set with a putter.

>

> Guess I'll just be thankful he didnt show up with a $400 Mackenzie bag, we might have had to burn down the thread.

>

When I say he "eschews fancy equipment". . .his equipment is modern but not "latest and greatest". He plays an older fixed-head 420(?) cc driver. Not really new irons/wedges/putter as far as I remember.

I didn't see what he brought for hickory stuff for this event.

Again, I'm totally fine with that approach to golf. I quite like it, as a matter of fact. My ONLY concern is what I stated before. . .when you're in a fourball, or scramble, or team event, you have an obligation to play your best for that team. People are tossing money in to a prize pool. They should expect each player to perform their best. Do it on your own ball.

Everyone going, "JM can go low with anything" is missing the point.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @dcmidnight said:

> > > @TheCityGame said:

> > > He's a walker, eschews fancy equipment.

> > >

> >

> > A couple years ago there was a group of seniors at MV who wanted to play with hickories and I didn’t have the slightest idea how much they cost. Honestly I didn’t even know companies made them new, I just assumed they were refurbd old ones. Dont know what kind of sticks he had but the last time I looked at something similar to the Tad Moores they were @ $1,500-2,000 for a small set with a putter.

> >

> > Guess I'll just be thankful he didnt show up with a $400 Mackenzie bag, we might have had to burn down the thread.

> >

>

> When I say he "eschews fancy equipment". . .his equipment is modern but not "latest and greatest". He plays an older fixed-head 420(?) cc driver. Not really new irons/wedges/putter as far as I remember.

>

> I didn't see what he brought for hickory stuff for this event.

>

> Again, I'm totally fine with that approach to golf. I quite like it, as a matter of fact. My ONLY concern is what I stated before. . .when you're in a fourball, or scramble, or team event, you have an obligation to play your best for that team. People are tossing money in to a prize pool. They should expect each player to perform their best. Do it on your own ball.

>

Agreed. On that note, I'd like to point out that Hoop was playing a Srixon F Z85 fairway wood. Which is fine regularly. But as it was a team based event, and we were there to win, I would have greatly preferred he played something that received a Gold from the Golf Digest hot list, and not a silver. I feel like he sort of let us down.

• Like 4

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

> @aiyyer said:

> Great experience Obviously some of us take golf more seriously than others but we all enjoy the game for different reasons.

>

I just want to reiterate that the seriousness with which I take Hive events is not the seriousness with which I take golf.

I know I'm not the only one with past experience with the game, but not everyone knows what can go wrong with a club.

In Maryland, I've been in the Mt Pleasant mens' club (now dead), the Pine Ridge Mens's club (still alive I think but dying hard). I've played in men's leagues at Waverly, Worthington, Cross Creek. I'm in the MGA at TV right now.

Some of you guys just don't realize the amount of pressure certain things place on a club (people playing with different levels of adherence to the rules, slow play, sandbagging, gross/net distributions, costs, payment options, refunds, people wanting to play from different tees, some walking/riding issues, etc etc). A lot of the problems we HAVEN'T had in the club are because sometimes the board (myself included) has to be d***s about stuff.

Everyone had a great time Saturday.

What I don't want is _next year_ for a team to come in second by a stroke and their D-golfer who hasn't won anything all year is ticked off because he had a chance to win 50 bucks (or season point standings) but his A-golfer decided to play with 5 clubs, and they could have really used a good shot in on a few holes. I don't think this is unreasonable.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @aiyyer said:

> Maybe just me - but Zero issues also with Deadman throwing a putter.

>

>

This is the one place I'll disagree with you. The tantrums and club throwing by some folks over the years has become exhausting. Its not needed. And I'm not talking about tossing a club back to your bag - I'm talking full throttle tantrums. A few years ago, I came within a few feet of getting hit with a wedge that was blindly launched at a cart on the first hole at Worthington. Every time I think about that day, I honestly feel like if I had gotten hit, I would have picked that club up and attempted to beat the person with it - provided my leg hadn't been broken.

As far as the rest of it, I guess I disagree with City in that I have a sliding give-AF scale that takes into account time of year and $$$ being paid. And I just cant believe there are people who play in a $25 tournament in 30* weather in November that are actually going to be upset about having a chance to win money. *But* having run tourneys like that before - I respect that as a board member he has to deal with all sorts of whining from people, so its not out of the question. Its not something *I* would care about. But it doesnt mean someone else wont whine about it.

• Like 1

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

on a different note, has anyone else seen Klaus?

one review described the title character as a "hunky santa."

can confirm.

![](https://sfzone1-legalbrandmarket.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Klaus-Trailer-Netflix.jpg "")

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

> @eagle1997 said:

> on a different note, has anyone else seen Klaus?

>

> one review described the title character as a "hunky santa."

>

> can confirm.

>

> ![](https://sfzone1-legalbrandmarket.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Klaus-Trailer-Netflix.jpg "")

>

is that Mrs. Klaus next to him and if so, how does it work?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green