2019 Jones Trouper Bag

Steelhead

Hahaha!! This thread is killng me.

A Member stops into directly into Jones headquarters in Portland and picks up an olive bag and everyone on this thread is convinced he’s wrong.

I’ll have to be the umpteenth guy to say it doesn’t look olive, but hey....if Jones calls it olive, I guess it’s olive.

A Member stops into directly into Jones headquarters in Portland and picks up an olive bag and everyone on this thread is convinced he’s wrong.

I’ll have to be the umpteenth guy to say it doesn’t look olive, but hey....if Jones calls it olive, I guess it’s olive.

Maybe it's the lack of light in Portland?!

I don’t doubt that he asked for olive and this is what they gave him. I just think either the pics are super deceiving or someone goofed.

I'm captivated by this mystery. My guess is an employee grabbed the wrong color bag. I just don't see the slightest hint of green in the posted pics. And the contrast between the bag color and the black trim appears to be too great to be the olive color. I'd love to see pictures of the two sand/olive bags side-by-side.

Convinced because he is after all, wrong

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Picked it up at Jones HQ myself, but I guess the Portland lightning is just too dreamy. Here's some pics from in my basement of my olive bag.

Nah mate that color is sand lol

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

jib - Is that a patch on the large pocket in the first pic?

Thank you. Sorry, I forgot to point that out. That Cascadia Flag patch is something I sewed onto the bag. Here is another picture of the olive color in some overcast lighting.

I can definitely see the olive in this picture. I think the Jones website picture makes the bag look a darker color than it is because of the olive background.

wow. blue and black dress all over again. I would think that the outdoor pics would be most representative of color but I definitely see a little bit more olive in your basement pic but sand in the outdoor pics.

maybe you’re effing with us and you have both bags.

if olive looks that light outside in natural light, does sand look like a white bag???

maybe you're effing with us and you have both bags.

THAT would be awesome. JUST KIDDING!!!! I HAVE BOTH BAGS!

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Just received the olive bag today, the fabric definitely does not photograph well in certain lighting conditions. I photographed the bag next to my olive drab gun bag with desert tan pouch on it, the gun bag is a similar fabric and didn't photograph as green as it is in person either. Hopefully that helps everyone out!

bag2.jpg

bag.jpg

bag1.jpg

Just received the olive bag today, the fabric definitely does not photograph well in certain lighting conditions. I photographed the bag next to my olive drab gun bag with desert tan pouch on it, the gun bag is a similar fabric and didn't photograph as green as it is in person either. Hopefully that helps everyone out!

bag2.jpg

bag.jpg

bag1.jpg

Totally sand. ?

Sand

[size=3][b][color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM M3 440 - MCA Tensei Pro Orange 60TX[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Rogue 15 - [/font][/color][color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MCA Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Apex 20 - GD Tour AD DI Hybrid[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM P790 4-PW - Modus 120s[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FOURTEEN RM Tour Issue 50, 54, 60 - Modus Black 125[/font][/color][/b][/size][b]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SCOTTY CAMERON Custom Mid Slant 009 Tour[/font][/color][/b]
[b][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]IG: dphatt[/font][/size][/b]

So I'll eat crow on the sand vs olive 'controversy'. Back to a question I had earlier- the 2nd strap on these bags looks almost like it was slapped on as an after thought. Its size and attachment location seems different/weird. Has anyone had a chance to carry it as a double strap, and can you comment on the comfort of the 2nd strap? Especially compared to PING's 2nd strap if possible. Even the main strap is attached to a different spot than most double strap bags. Am I correct that this is primarily a single strap bag? I'm very interested in the Trouper, but only if the double straps are truly ergonomical / comfortable.

Edit- here's a pic of the straps on my PING that I'm referring to. Notice how much more slack the 2nd strap seems to have for going over the left shoulder, is that an accurate observation?

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

So I'll eat crow on the sand vs olive 'controversy'. Back to a question I had earlier- the 2nd strap on these bags looks almost like it was slapped on as an after thought. Its size and attachment location seems different/weird. Has anyone had a chance to carry it as a double strap, and can you comment on the comfort of the 2nd strap? Especially compared to PING's 2nd strap if possible. Even the main strap is attached to a different spot than most double strap bags. Am I correct that this is primarily a single strap bag? I'm very interested in the Trouper, but only if the double straps are truly ergonomical / comfortable.

Edit- here's a pic of the straps on my PING that I'm referring to. Notice how much more slack the 2nd strap seems to have for going over the left shoulder, is that an accurate observation?

Yes...straps work well. Don't look weird at all and carry is great. I have used it six rounds and I have carried three rounds and love it.

Yes...straps work well. Don't look weird at all and carry is great. I have used it six rounds and I have carried three rounds and love it.

Great, thanks for the info!

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

One more pic

[size=3][b][color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM M3 440 - MCA Tensei Pro Orange 60TX[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Rogue 15 - [/font][/color][color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MCA Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Apex 20 - GD Tour AD DI Hybrid[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM P790 4-PW - Modus 120s[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FOURTEEN RM Tour Issue 50, 54, 60 - Modus Black 125[/font][/color][/b][/size][b]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SCOTTY CAMERON Custom Mid Slant 009 Tour[/font][/color][/b]
[b][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]IG: dphatt[/font][/size][/b]

Are the D-rings, buckles and connection points between the strap and bag plastic or metal? It's hard to tell from the photos. Also, do you know what material they are on the original utility bag? Thanks!

Oh man....I m so close to ordering one of these. I usually cheat and carry 15 clubs so the top being bigger is a gigantic plus.

I’ve had my light gray classic stand bag for an amazing 22 years.

It’s still quite serviceable but it’s looking like it might be time to retire it to the great golf course in the sky.

I do wish the color choices were more interesting. A couple of 2 color or 3 color versions would be nice.

Thanks for the additional pics to help clarify the whole sand/olive business. Someone with some initiative (not me) should email Trouper and let them know that the website pics are pretty deceiving.

The company is Jones. The bag model is Trouper.

...and I agree. Those pics with the colored backgrounds on the website are hideous.

Thanks for the additional pics to help clarify the whole sand/olive business. Someone with some initiative (not me) should email Trouper and let them know that the website pics are pretty deceiving.

The company is Jones. The bag model is Trouper.

...and I agree. Those pics with the colored backgrounds on the website are hideous.

Noted. I knew that, it's just the IPAs talking...

55605f2cfc1eab0b30cd3add067ea9a6.jpg

The little loop that keeps the leg against the bag catches the leg every time I go to set the bag down and doesn’t allow it to deploy. It’s only that one leg so i guess the elastic is alittle loose.

I’m cutting it off since I can’t remember the last time I every actually used one.

Pull the other one a touch to even them out, they're probably connected if like sun mtn

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST