2019 Jones Trouper Bag

Steelhead

I have mixed feelings about this new bag. Sure, the opening is bigger, which is a minor problem on the utility. But it just looks too modern to be a Jones bag imo. At least in pictures.

Agreed, I think they went too far in the other direction. The Utility Stand just needed some tweaking and a slight increase in the opening size, maybe another divider in that middle slot. This new one is too much like every other golf bag and doesn’t really look like a Jones.

IDK, looks a lot like the Utility bag to me. I'm looking forward to receiving mine and trying it out.

Own 2 Jones single strap bags. Have a Titleist players 4 bag. Going to get Jones dual strap stand bag. Can not decide between Utlility or Trouper stand bag. Is the Trouper much bigger than Utility bag. Anyone recommend one over other. Guys at Jones said stand is better on Trouper. Just not sure if Trouper bag is same size as Titleist Players 4 bag. They do not make the slate color for Trouper bag. Looking at Blue or possibly sand color. Has anyone seen and have comments on color selection for Trouper. All feedback welcomed.

I'd say if you want to carry 14 clubs and don't want a pretty tight fit, give the Trouper a try.

I have the Utility and it's a cool bag but I found it a super tight fit and not great with 14 clubs using midsize grips. Maybe regular grips helps. I still like the bag and I don't mind using just 12 clubs or so which helps a little but I'd still probably have found another solution if it was my main bag. But these days I mostly use it on a cart when I want a full set which is rarely....I prefer my Mackenzie and my half-set the large majority of the time.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

Have any of you switched to this bag from the 2018 Ping Hoofer? I'm really interested in checking one out, but since it'll be shipping to Hawaii I just want to make sure it's right for me before I pull the trigger.

:ping-small: G430 Max 9º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:mizuno-small: Pro 243 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:callaway-logo-1: Chrome Tour

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on mine. Thanks for all the pics and thoughts on the bag, Steelhead!!!

:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4

As soon as I pulled the trouper out of the box today I knew it was going to be my favorite bag. It maintains a lot of the Utility styling but adds a lot of the features many wanted. the great thing is it does not make the bag that much bigger. Its taller from bottom of opening to top but not much wider and very well thought out. the material is different than past utilities and I would assume it was to shed weight. It has a hoofer like feel to the fabric but not so much to make it seem like its not a Jones bag. the opening is perfect and holds all 14 clubs perfect, the leg mechanism is smooth and much easier to release than the past, and the putter "well" is slick.

I haven't carried on the course yet but it seems like it will be great. Empty and while picking up by the handle it felt lighter than the Hoofer or even utility. Could be the leverage of the handle. Filled, it still feels light and easy to carry.

Im excited to use the bag and hope it sees success.

Own 2 Jones single strap bags. Have a Titleist players 4 bag. Going to get Jones dual strap stand bag. Can not decide between Utlility or Trouper stand bag. Is the Trouper much bigger than Utility bag. Anyone recommend one over other. Guys at Jones said stand is better on Trouper. Just not sure if Trouper bag is same size as Titleist Players 4 bag. They do not make the slate color for Trouper bag. Looking at Blue or possibly sand color. Has anyone seen and have comments on color selection for Trouper. All feedback welcomed.

If i recall the trouper is very close in size to he players 4. I recommend the trouper over the utility for the added space alone. No more tangle, handle for easy set down, and the legs are smooooth. I have black which is pretty standard but I saw a video with the Navy and that was slick looking.

Okay, that does look pretty good, I take back my previous reservation on this one. Loaded up with club it does seem to maintain a lot of the visual style of the Utility bag while looking way better functionally.

Titleist 913 D3 / Titleist TSi2 15 / Titleist TS2 19h / Miura CB57 4/6/8/P / Miura 55C / Byron DH89 / Mackenzie

After seeing those additional pics, I'm even more excited about getting mine! Jones Golf doesn't mess around with shipping, either. Mine looks like it'll arrive on Monday, which is nice and quick from Oregon to Hawaii!

If i recall the trouper is very close in size to he players 4. I recommend the trouper over the utility for the added space alone. No more tangle, handle for easy set down, and the legs are smooooth. I have black which is pretty standard but I saw a video with the Navy and that was slick looking.

I stopped over at Jones and picked up an olive Trouper Bag. Normally I use a Utility and sometimes an older Sun Mountain 3.5. I really like the Trouper because of the lack of club tangle and the stand is just so much more smooth than the Utility. I would say the straps are still very comfortable, but just not quite as plush as the Utility. Big thumbs up from me on this bag and will probably retire the Utility... plus I always wanted the olive Utility, but they sold out of it before I could pull the trigger.

jib - Is that a patch on the large pocket in the first pic?

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

that color looks great too but if thats olive then im curious how much lighter "sand" because if you didn't tell us then I would have guessed that was "Sand"

That looks absolutely nothing like the olive bag online. Would 100% say that is sand based on pics. Wow!

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

Are all the D-rings,buckles, and connection points between the straps and bag plastic or metal? It is hard to tell in the pictures. And does anyone know if they are metal or plastic on the original Utility bag?

I'm a little disappointed they didn't keep the plush top and hoofer style base (instead of external foot) from the original Utility. I feel like that fit the classic vibe of Jones alot better. However, I am so glad they finally made a bag that can fit 14 midsize grips without tangle. I hope they release this in the charcoal color.

still skeptical about that bag being olive. it doesn't even have any green tint to it.... here's olive from more of their promo material

https://www.instagra...id=ri9irlulv34d

and here's sand

https://www.instagra...id=k1445cq9n8wz

I agree, that has to be the sand color. My olive is arriving tomorrow, I will snap some pics for everyone.