2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2019 Jones Trouper Bag

Steelhead

I'm interested in purchasing a trouper bag while they have their 40% sale going on. Does anyone know if there are full length dividers in this bag? Are there five of them that align with the five way top? I'm concerned about the tangling, spacing, and fit issues that others have commented on. I have 13 clubs, one putter, one Orange Whip, and two alignment sticks that I keep in my bag at all times. Any ideas if I will have spacing issues with this setup?

Bought a navy one on Friday and forgot to put in the Black Friday code. Reached out via email and they credited me the difference this morning. Love the look, can't wait for it to arrive.

Titleist TSI3 Fuji Ventus Blue TR 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x 

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

Trouper bag, is great but clubs bind too much

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

How is the bag on push carts? I push most days but still want a lightweight stand bag that I can carry.

fits perfect on my max autoff cart....

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

I'm interested in purchasing a trouper bag while they have their 40% sale going on. Does anyone know if there are full length dividers in this bag? Are there five of them that align with the five way top? I'm concerned about the tangling, spacing, and fit issues that others have commented on. I have 13 clubs, one putter, one Orange Whip, and two alignment sticks that I keep in my bag at all times. Any ideas if I will have spacing issues with this setup?

I believe there are full length dividers. The putter well on top of the bag definitely helps decrease the club tangle. The OW may cause some problems, but I don't see why you would have any issues with spacing with this bag if you put it in the top divider.

I've only used the bag twice on course, and I haven't had any problems with clubs getting jammed up. My only gripe still is the side pockets are a bit tight.

Titleist TSi3 9* | Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 70 6.5

Callaway AI Smoke ◆◆◆ 3 wood 15* | Project X Denali Black 70 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19* | Mitsubishi Tensei 1k Black 85tx

Callaway Apex TCB 21' 4-A | KBS $-Taper S+

Callaway Jaws 54* S-Grind | True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Z-GrindTrue Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Taylormade Spider X 

Anybody use this on a Clicgear 3.5+? I like the hidden leg mechanism better for my pushcart, had issues with a SM three5 because of the external leg mechanism.... Looking for a plain, no logo bag and I have really liked my other Jones bags besides the tops being a bit small...

I was using a Utility stand for a little bit but it was a little tight and I only carry 13..... I guess I probably could have dealt with it but coming from a Z Four, it was tough to justify. I still love the Utility for the traditional Jones look, the Trouper definitely deviates but they had to to bring us what we wanted I guess.

Anyone using a Spider or other mallet style with this putter well? Looks like it could be an awkward fit? I'm considering buying another Jones now that they are on sale.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Trouper bag, is great but clubs bind too much

Thought this wouldn't be a problem with the Sun Mountain style plastic foot on the outside to deploy the stand. Picked up a Utility stand at last years BF sale and the club tangle annoyed me so much that I sold the bag before it ever made it onto the course. But I'm overly sensitive to that, quality and looks of the Utility were outstanding.

Too bad to hear about the club bind in the Trouper... I pulled the trigger on a Utility stand instead. I've had it before, hated that it was a little tight on top, but I loved everything else about it and at the discount prices I have to give it another shot. Also the leg mechanism on the Trouper scares me a little as I like to push cart a lot, the other bags I have had have not worked without the adapter... Plus I really wanted a plain black bag for once. I'll keep my eyes on the Trouper reviews though!!!

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

picked up my bag today. haven’t done anything but test fit, but i’m having a little bit of trouble leveling it out with the straps. it seems like the only way it sits well is so that the clubs are almost perfectly horizontal to the ground which isn’t a problem unless you accidentally tip toward the top... and your clubs start to slide out.

Anyone have a good solution to adjusting the straps?

I’ve also noticed that some folks have the diagonal strap on top of the main strap and some pics (and my bag came like this) show the diagonal strap underneath the main strap. does it matter? i’ve only ever used Sun Mountain style one piece straps so this is making me feel so silly.

picked up my bag today. haven’t done anything but test fit, but i’m having a little bit of trouble leveling it out with the straps. it seems like the only way it sits well is so that the clubs are almost perfectly horizontal to the ground which isn’t a problem unless you accidentally tip toward the top... and your clubs start to slide out.

Anyone have a good solution to adjusting the straps?

I’ve also noticed that some folks have the diagonal strap on top of the main strap and some pics (and my bag came like this) show the diagonal strap underneath the main strap. does it matter? i’ve only ever used Sun Mountain style one piece straps so this is making me feel so silly.

Ha! Still trying to figure out my Utility bag straps... You think they'd have some sort of instructions somewhere!

Too bad to hear about the club bind in the Trouper... I pulled the trigger on a Utility stand instead. I've had it before, hated that it was a little tight on top, but I loved everything else about it and at the discount prices I have to give it another shot. Also the leg mechanism on the Trouper scares me a little as I like to push cart a lot, the other bags I have had have not worked without the adapter... Plus I really wanted a plain black bag for once. I'll keep my eyes on the Trouper reviews though!!!

Trouper comes in black now, just ordered one for my nephew.

I saw that.... I had it in the cart, stared at it for a little while then changed my mind. It's a cool looking bag, but I was concerned about the putter well and the fact that I am playing the Spider Tour, it looked like it could be an awkward fit... then the leg mechanism... idk, the utility is tight but everything else about it I like. It has the traditional Jones look, too.... well see, will be my second go round with one.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I saw that.... I had it in the cart, stared at it for a little while then changed my mind. It's a cool looking bag, but I was concerned about the putter well and the fact that I am playing the Spider Tour, it looked like it could be an awkward fit... then the leg mechanism... idk, the utility is tight but everything else about it I like. It has the traditional Jones look, too.... well see, will be my second go round with one.

Just sharing a thought, but for what's its worth Super-Stroke put out a putter tube last year. I got one from Golf Galaxy for buying a SS grip I used it with the utility it worked great helping to fee up some space in the smaller utility top.If you are putting it on a cart the putter tube may help you free up some needed space. The Tube is black and attaches easily. I have seen some on the bay or you may check with GG.

Just sharing a thought, but for what's its worth Super-Stroke put out a putter tube last year. I got one from Golf Galaxy for buying a SS grip I used it with the utility it worked great helping to fee up some space in the smaller utility top.If you are putting it on a cart the putter tube may help you free up some needed space. The Tube is black and attaches easily. I have seen some on the bay or you may check with GG.

Very cool! I will have to look into that. Do you have pics of it with the bag by any chance?

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Not that it matters now since you’ve ordered already, but I have a big old ghost spider and it goes in the putter well fine.

I actually carry 15 clubs as well when I’m just practicing. They all fit..

I like the leg mechanism. I Never cared for the whole bottom of the bag needing to move to kick the legs out.

Not that it matters now since you’ve ordered already, but I have a big old ghost spider and it goes in the putter well fine.

I actually carry 15 clubs as well when I’m just practicing. They all fit..

I like the leg mechanism. I Never cared for the whole bottom of the bag needing to move to kick the legs out.

You have any pics of the putter in the well? It just looked like it could be a weird fit with the handle and the way the well dips lower...

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I had a Nike bag that was set up eerily similar to the Trouper top (and stand mechanism, same manufacturer?). I used the "putter well" for my driver and placed the putter in the next section down. That approach would make the handle usable when walking.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I carried my Z four this past round and never realized how much I use that handle. Will be interesting with the Utility. Doesn't look, too obstructed there though, I thought the putter would sit lower. Thanks for the photo!

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Very cool! I will have to look into that. Do you have pics of it with the bag by any chance?

Sorry I don't I am back to a Hoofer My father in-law has taken over my Jones bag I will see what I can do to get a pic though I still have the Super Stroke Tube.

Sorry I don't I am back to a Hoofer My father in-law has taken over my Jones bag I will see what I can do to get a pic though I still have the Super Stroke Tube.

Don't sweat it, man. If you ever get to it, I'd love to see it. I think I am just going to drop hybrid and go 3 iron so I can fit D, 3w, P up in the top divider of the Utility and split the irons and wedges in the next 2.... Bag should be here tmw.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

I gave my Trouper 3 coats of Scotchguard water repellent. I'm still not totally sure how the straps go. I have it setup so that the main strap goes on my right shoulder and the diagonal strap with the Jones patch goes over my left. I have the putter in the putter well, but might move it down. I like to use the handle quite a bit. I had my putter sort of hanging off the side and that cleared alot of space for me. So I might do that. Who knows... I might end up just throwing it on my BB Quad and pushing it around...

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

I had a Nike bag that was set up eerily similar to the Trouper top (and stand mechanism, same manufacturer?). I used the "putter well" for my driver and placed the putter in the next section down. That approach would make the handle usable when walking.

It's the same bag with new clothes. I still have my Nike Vapor X bag. I just got mine yesterday and the putter well also is what made me scratch my head. I'd say the nike straps are better though!

67fe8f0dea71868dd6f76ae6ee3efe5c.jpg

f3bb3dd687166bdab32a82204c5bc385.jpg

c5a9d23c46c61002e164e01e2c2eb440.jpg

It's the same bag with new clothes. I still have my Nike Vapor X bag. I just got mine yesterday and the putter well also is what made me scratch my head. I'd say the nike straps are better though!

67fe8f0dea71868dd6f76ae6ee3efe5c.jpg

f3bb3dd687166bdab32a82204c5bc385.jpg

c5a9d23c46c61002e164e01e2c2eb440.jpg

Yep, no denying it from those pics. I always liked Nike bags, but did find this particular bag (I had the "Nike Sport Lite") to be kind of cheaply made. Hope that's not the case with the Trouper.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

So my Trouper made its maiden voyage today. I pushed it on my BB Quad. I didn't have any issues with the stand coming open (I didnt use the elastic straps to keep the legs closed). The bag is a little narrow for the pads that it rests in on the Quad, but I didnt have any issues with it moving around once I strapped it down. I started with my 2-ball in the second row and my driver and 3w in the putter well. I had to move it. I had a slight binding issue because of the SS 3.0 on it. Once I put it in the putter well I didnt have any other issues with binding. I was able to get all the clubs in and out very easily. I agree with the poster that said the pockets are a little small. There are a ton of small pockets for all your goodies. However, the large apparel pocket on the side seemed barely big enough for a Nike aeroloft zip up. I'll have to play around with that a bit more and see if it will be an issue.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link