Most Played-Out Complaints on GolfWRX

DRRicks

A thread title reads " What is the best G series Ping iron"? Usually by about the 5th or 6th post someone says Try a AP1. :russian_roulette:

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with the "taking the hat off" after a round? I feel like I'm at a square dance. Just shake hands and bolt. Like I want to see bad hat hair or bald spots to spoil a good round.

Tipping and removing your hat is like never wearing your hat indoors or while you eat with others. It is an old respectful gesture gentlemen did back then. It will vanish, as most civillity has. Be patient.

Funny square dance line tho.

I understand tradition and its value, but who wants to shake somebody's hand after they comb it through their sweaty hair? I personally don't like man sweat.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

What's with the "taking the hat off" after a round? I feel like I'm at a square dance. Just shake hands and bolt. Like I want to see bad hat hair or bald spots to spoil a good round.

Tipping and removing your hat is like never wearing your hat indoors or while you eat with others. It is an old respectful gesture gentlemen did back then. It will vanish, as most civillity has. Be patient.

Funny square dance line tho.

I understand tradition and its value, but who wants to shake somebody's hand after they comb it through their sweaty hair? I personally don't like man sweat.

This is totally true and I've noticed that forever. First thing every pro does when they take their hat off is fix their hair, you know, since we all really care what it looks like or there might be some chicks watching. Rory/Speith/Thomas and receding hairline pros are the worst at this...

A thread title reads " What is the best G series Ping iron"? Usually by about the 5th or 6th post someone says Try a AP1. :russian_roulette:

LOL you nailed it!!!!

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

People who complain about "millennials ruining golf" whether it be phones, clothing, music, newest equipment, hitting it too long, or a host of other things that are non-issues to begin with

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

People who complain about "millennials ruining golf" whether it be phones, clothing, music, newest equipment, hitting it too long, or a host of other things that are non-issues to begin with

Agreed. I'm technically Gen X, but it drives me batty how common this type of age discrimination has become.

Pretty much any complaining is played out.

Not to mention, bragging, bickering, thread drift, "gifting" payments.

Do you mean the folks who text "nice shot" while riding in the same cart?

I am a millennial and I can personally guarantee that nobody in the history of cell phones has ever seriously done that

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

Agreed. I'm technically Gen X, but it drives me batty how common this type of age discrimination has become.

Actually bud it has always been like that. Back when I was young the old farts were always " those young people this and young people that." Me I guess I am an old fart now (61) but to be honest there things that SOME Gen X folks do and old farts (my age and older) do that ticks me off. The most thing that ticks me off on both ends is lack of common sense and a sense of it is all about me. Trust me both sides are guilty. I will give you this fact because of social media these days it is more pronounced.

Actually bud it has always been like that. Back when I was young the old farts were always " those young people this and young people that." Me I guess I am an old fart now (61) but to be honest there things that SOME Gen X folks do and old farts (my age and older) do that ticks me off. The most thing that ticks me off on both ends is lack of common sense and a sense of it is all about me. Trust me both sides are guilty. I will give you this fact because of social media these days it is more pronounced.

Social media will certainly have pronounced effects on culture and civilization. Personally, I don't know that one of them will be more narcissistic tendencies, as you are describing "it's all about me." I credit that to factors in our economy that force most people to work entirely too much to get by. I think that we have lost a lot of individuality and passion for life because all we know is work, eat, and sleep. In places where people have more time to themselves and a little more money in their pockets, like Europe, it seems there is a lot of value in spending time with loved ones and planning excursions, recreation, dinner, vacations, with these people that you care about. We start kids very early with a feeling of institutionalization with long school days at an ever quickening pace of class changes, goals to meet, short lunch breaks, and very little time to move around and recreate. I think social media gives people an easy "feel good" dopamine button and that's addicting because getting it from hitting a good golf shot, running a 5k, making a funny to your friends, cooking a special dinner, visiting a new place, etc. are much harder than looking down and seeing how many likes your meme got.

Lefty--- You have educated me a little bit on the school part. I do not know what goes on in schools now other than the violence and the need to have Police Officers posted in every school. I guess the reason I am blind to the fact about class schedules etc is because we have no kids or grand kids.

I am a millennial and I can personally guarantee that nobody in the history of cell phones has ever seriously done that

Damn, I wish I had read this before I played today. I SO would have done it!

Lefty--- You have educated me a little bit on the school part. I do not know what goes on in schools now other than the violence and the need to have Police Officers posted in every school. I guess the reason I am blind to the fact about class schedules etc is because we have no kids or grand kids.

My wife's a middle school teacher. They have very short periods with a ton of expectations on what is to be achieved in that time period. Way too many kids in the classes with way too many different levels of need and ability.

When I was a kid we would certainly get obsessed with what our friends were doing, the sports we were playing, a new movie, or a myriad of other things, but if you could tear me away from all of that then I could relax and have fun with my family. Now unless you take the phone from them, you can't tear them away. We're building the habit of checking it so often, so early.

But, my pretty uneducated guess is that there will be a backlash and pretty soon you will have social groups that do not use social media.

Sad, but some of the worst phone junkies I know are over the age of 60, too, so it's not just "millennials." I always wonder when I see older people staring at a phone if they're accomplishing what they want or just confused :)

Damn, I wish I had read this before I played today. I SO would have done it!��

Even worse....Facetime someone in the same cart...and show their face talking to you.

Damn, I wish I had read this before I played today. I SO would have done it!��

Even worse....Facetime someone in the same cart...and show their face talking to you.

Well now you’re asking a little much.......I’d have to learn to initiate a FaceTime call in order to do that. I only know how to accept a call when the grandkids call.

Social media will certainly have pronounced effects on culture and civilization. Personally, I don't know that one of them will be more narcissistic tendencies, as you are describing "it's all about me." I credit that to factors in our economy that force most people to work entirely too much to get by. I think that we have lost a lot of individuality and passion for life because all we know is work, eat, and sleep. In places where people have more time to themselves and a little more money in their pockets, like Europe, it seems there is a lot of value in spending time with loved ones and planning excursions, recreation, dinner, vacations, with these people that you care about. We start kids very early with a feeling of institutionalization with long school days at an ever quickening pace of class changes, goals to meet, short lunch breaks, and very little time to move around and recreate. I think social media gives people an easy "feel good" dopamine button and that's addicting because getting it from hitting a good golf shot, running a 5k, making a funny to your friends, cooking a special dinner, visiting a new place, etc. are much harder than looking down and seeing how many likes your meme got.

My beef is people that make generalizations that look legit on the surface but aren't actually true. One example of that is the myth that people are working longer hours. That's not supported by the data. Yes of course some people are, but on average there was a slight decline in all western nations in the last decade and a generally steady decline since the days of the Industrial Revolution. Americans do work more than most European countries, but less than some.

https://stats.oecd.o...taSetCode=ANHRS

Sad, but some of the worst phone junkies I know are over the age of 60, too, so it's not just "millennials." I always wonder when I see older people staring at a phone if they're accomplishing what they want or just confused :)

This is so true. At 52 I probably look at my phone more often my 25yr old. He's far less likely to be texting than I am.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

"I hit it too far."

Love it.

You see, I'm quite content with my ball flight in calm weather. Trackman says I'm flying it about 310 with 2100 rpms of spin mostly back, just a slight fade as it falls. But, a few times lately when it was gusting I wasn't able to hit the side of the fairway I prefer for certain pin positions. What adjustments can I make to bring my ball flight down from 120 feet to maybe 90 or 100? If I lose 5 or 10 yards, thats okay.

:)

Can't debate blades vs CBs without starting thermonuclear war and the mods get amber alerts to shut-down the thread.

NAAW It ain't a amber alert it is a red buzzer Defcon 4 alert or as in the Navy GENERAL QUARTERS!!! man your battle stations

Anything related to the linebacker comparison. Has to be one of the most overdone jokes on WRX. Seems a lot of people on here fear that their high school football careers would be invalidated if a golf announcer compares a golf player's physique to a pro footballer. Just let it go, people. It's TV.

A lot of the posts in this thread have been place kickers. But yours sir is the linebacker of all posts.

I aspired to be a place kicker. I was the backup holder............for a team that never kicked FGs or extra points!

DSS did you get any tryouts in the NFL? Is it true you finished 4th in the Heisman Holder award?

Anything related to the linebacker comparison. Has to be one of the most overdone jokes on WRX. Seems a lot of people on here fear that their high school football careers would be invalidated if a golf announcer compares a golf player's physique to a pro footballer. Just let it go, people. It's TV.

A lot of the posts in this thread have been place kickers. But yours sir is the linebacker of all posts.

I aspired to be a place kicker. I was the backup holder............for a team that never kicked FGs or extra points!

DSS did you get any tryouts in the NFL? Is it true you finished 4th in the Heisman Holder award?

For some reason the NFL wasn’t enthralled by my “two left thumbs” method of holding. Probably didn’t help that when I saw all those defenders coming at me I jumped and ran away.