Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

Back to golf talk...

As a recovering club ho (how I discovered WRX in the first place) I'm making it a goal in 2019 to not purchase a single golf club for myself for the entire year. Bought 4 total last year and 2 were used and 2 were basically free via pro shop credit.

Any money I win this year will be going towards getting my wife a new driver and maybe a new push cart unless I can fix the brake on her current one. If I win more than that I'm just going to buy golf balls/clothing. I may even go into full old man mode and get a pair of Sketchers golf shoes. I can't even walk 9 in soft spikes without paying for it. Damn flat feet.

I said the same thing about not buying any new clubs. That lasted about a week.

What did you buy?

I replaced the MD3 wedges with some blue T7s. The deal RBG was running was too good to pass up

What was the deal? Same as the current $67 per wedge? This will be my last season with the S5 and I've been seeing the T7 all over for around $70. I think I may bite.

Back to golf talk...

As a recovering club ho (how I discovered WRX in the first place) I'm making it a goal in 2019 to not purchase a single golf club for myself for the entire year. Bought 4 total last year and 2 were used and 2 were basically free via pro shop credit.

Any money I win this year will be going towards getting my wife a new driver and maybe a new push cart unless I can fix the brake on her current one. If I win more than that I'm just going to buy golf balls/clothing. I may even go into full old man mode and get a pair of Sketchers golf shoes. I can't even walk 9 in soft spikes without paying for it. Damn flat feet.

I said the same thing about not buying any new clubs. That lasted about a week.

What did you buy?

I replaced the MD3 wedges with some blue T7s. The deal RBG was running was too good to pass up

What was the deal? Same as the current $67 per wedge? This will be my last season with the S5 and I've been seeing the T7 all over for around $70. I think I may bite.

Yeah they had a 19% off 1 item day and it worked on the wedges.

Yeah I’m just in a good spot right now for equipment. Got a new wedge late last season as well as a putter. Still love my irons and driver. I also have a 3 wood and 5 wood in the garage if I decide to back to the fairway wood over hybrid route.

Also last time I was in the “I can’t hit this club, I need to get something else” phase, I just took a lesson and problem solved

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Yeah I’m just in a good spot right now for equipment. Got a new wedge late last season as well as a putter. Still love my irons and driver. I also have a 3 wood and 5 wood in the garage if I decide to back to the fairway wood over hybrid route.

Also last time I was in the “I can’t hit this club, I need to get something else” phase, I just took a lesson and problem solved

Great point. I was in heavy debate on changing out irons honestly. I have been hitting them really well lately.... The driver was a no brainer.

Congrats Queso that sounds that a great time. I bet you meet a ton of cool people along the way (but probably some real a******* too! haha).

Does the gig come with any playing privileges/opportunities?

Thanks! I’m prepared for Word not allowedholes, but hoping for some cool folks too to balance them out.

As for playing privileges, caddies can use all the practice facilities and can get out on the courses 30 min after the last tee time of the day. Not sure how much time that’ll equate to, but it should allow for some close to full rounds (hopefully).

Congrats. $100-$150 a round per bag is fairly standard. Usually there's a specified required rate less than $100 + tip with recommendations around $100, so you can get people who will stiff you and give less than $100, but you'll also get people giving more than $100. Once you've got a few months in at Bandon you should be able to get on elsewhere at private courses or other places and make it a year round gig. I know a few people that travel around the country doing that and rent houses with other caddies sharing costs/food as they move around. Not the life for someone with a family, but $50-60k a year in cash working outdoors with part time playing privileges on great courses isn't the worst life assuming you stay healthy. Double bagging when it's really hot and muggy in the summer can be brutal though.

Thanks! Definitely might look into doing the traveling caddy gig for a few years if I can swing it! I don’t have any real ties/obligations anywhere, so it’d be a good time. Those hot/muggy days may leave me reconsidering that decision at times though! Haha

Deadsolid, Hardrain and Jacob, I got down to The Ridge at Castle Pines and collected the vouchers from the cancelled scramble. I picked them up back in December, but figured it wasn’t urgent - seeing that they were closed for the winter.

Since they indicate that they’ll be opening on February 1st (yeah right), I thought I’d ask: What do you want me to do with them? They’re good till May 31st for a raincheck and a lunch.

Let me know. If you don’t want them, I’m happy to keep them – I can always get someone to play.

Deadsolid, Hardrain and Jacob, I got down to The Ridge at Castle Pines and collected the vouchers from the cancelled scramble. I picked them up back in December, but figured it wasn’t urgent - seeing that they were closed for the winter.

Since they indicate that they’ll be opening on February 1st (yeah right), I thought I’d ask: What do you want me to do with them? They’re good till May 31st for a raincheck and a lunch.

Let me know. If you don’t want them, I’m happy to keep them – I can always get someone to play.

Well, I’m local(ish) now in Greeley. Depending on how the job hunt goes and what my availability is, id still be down to play sometime. Nice to meet some new people. Fair warning though, I’ve meant one Colorado WRXer now. And two dats later he’s making plans to move!

Well, I’m local(ish) now in Greeley. Depending on how the job hunt goes and what my availability is, id still be down to play sometime. Nice to meet some new people. Fair warning though, I’ve meant one Colorado WRXer now. And two dats later he’s making plans to move!

It’s true. Played with him once and knew I had to get far, far away from the guy.

It’s true. Played with him once and knew I had to get far, far away from the guy.

I have that effect on people!

I have that effect on people!

I'll keep this info in mind for when I want to get rid of someone.

Based on the comments about playing this season, I thought I would get it out again about a "2019 CO WRX" get together.

I posted prior about doing two events but I understand that may not work for everyone. (granted if deadsolid plays we will all be moving out state after anyway LOL JK DSS)

Looking for feedback on who would be interested (head count) and one or two events. Last time I know Brian spent a lot of effort on just getting a date locked down and the course (Greatly appreciated too). Speculating but getting it out now we can get that covered early.

Edit: As to a course, I know TPC was tossed out. Reviewing what TPC's indicated price will be I don't want anyone to feel excluded because of that. *Did I read it right...$175 with limited times per day?? Not sure if that is accurate, but that seems priced far above the local market considering how many great courses are around Denver metro.

Edit(2): Called TPC price is $177 and at discretion of pro shop staff on times. They have 260 member already which is good. At that price you could split a room and two rounds at Wildhorse. Maybe its a "2019 CO WRX in Nebraska" Hahahaha **I played Pinehurst No.2 last June with a member for about $35 more and its No.2. Sorry not knocking the course as I have not played it but it must be pretty impressive.

Based on the comments about playing this season, I thought I would get it out again about a "2019 CO WRX" get together.

I posted prior about doing two events but I understand that may not work for everyone. (granted if deadsolid plays we will all be moving out state after anyway LOL JK DSS)

Looking for feedback on who would be interested (head count) and one or two events. Last time I know Brian spent a lot of effort on just getting a date locked down and the course (Greatly appreciated too). Speculating but getting it out now we can get that covered early.

Edit: As to a course, I know TPC was tossed out. Reviewing what TPC's indicated price will be I don't want anyone to feel excluded because of that. *Did I read it right...$175 with limited times per day?? Not sure if that is accurate, but that seems priced far above the local market considering how many great courses are around Denver metro.

Edit(2): Called TPC price is $177 and at discretion of pro shop staff on times. They have 260 member already which is good. At that price you could split a room and two rounds at Wildhorse. Maybe its a "2019 CO WRX in Nebraska" Hahahaha **I played Pinehurst No.2 last June with a member for about $35 more and its No.2. Sorry not knocking the course as I have not played it but it must be pretty impressive.

Definitely not $175 kind of impressive....it’s nice, but I feel like you’re paying $75-100 for the TPC name. I played it several times last summer for $75 & that’s about as much as I think it’s worth.

Definitely not $175 kind of impressive....it’s nice, but I feel like you’re paying $75-100 for the TPC name. I played it several times last summer for $75 & that’s about as much as I think it’s worth.

Yea I did the same. Great course, but I'll probably only be up there this year for the Web.com event. Doubt I'll play it again unless I can get that guest rate.

I was going to suggest a CO WRX outing to the web.com event at TPC. Well, you guys can do it; I'll be in Sweden.

(Pretty irked that I'm going to miss this and the Hootie/BNL concert at Fiddler's.)

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Yea I did the same. Great course, but I'll probably only be up there this year for the Web.com event. Doubt I'll play it again unless I can get that guest rate.

According to the guy I know who’s a member there, supposedly the guest rate went up to $125 when it opened to the public too.

I’d definitely check out the web.com event if I was gonna be around though! Those guys are gonna tear that place up

According to the guy I know who’s a member there, supposedly the guest rate went up to $125 when it opened to the public too.

I’d definitely check out the web.com event if I was gonna be around though! Those guys are gonna tear that place up

I was going to suggest a CO WRX outing to the web.com event at TPC. Well, you guys can do it; I'll be in Sweden.

(Pretty irked that I'm going to miss this and the Hootie/BNL concert at Fiddler's.)

I am also out of town during the event.

I played it last fall. It’s pretty impressive. But if I’m going to pay that rate I want it to play firm and fast, and it was flat out soaked our day.

With the quality of other courses in the area at a fraction of the price, TPC for me is going to be a very occasional play.

And interesting, I leave Nebraska to come here and CDM is rounding up people to go to Nebraska! The effect is strong!

Wildhorse is great, but anyone here who heads that way, do yourself a favor and head north from Fort Morgan on hwy 71 and stop in Kimball, Ne (4 Winds is the name if you want to look it up). It’s the best value in the state. I was talking to the pro at Highland Hills in Greeley today. He said it’s in his top five courses he’s played and he takes groups of people there.

Man, I can’t imagine I better deal than Highland Meadows in Windsor for $23

This! Can’t beat that! And it technically included a cart too, but we nixed that since it was cart path only.

A couple of those hills on the back nine had me questioning that decision!

How were the condition, I almost played last week. Thinking of playing there this week and using the tee off.com coupon.

I usually play Colindale and have an annual pass there, so only $5 to walk 9

Man, I can’t imagine I better deal than Highland Meadows in Windsor for $23

This! Can’t beat that! And it technically included a cart too, but we nixed that since it was cart path only.

A couple of those hills on the back nine had me questioning that decision!

How were the condition, I almost played last week. Thinking of playing there this week and using the tee off.com coupon.

I usually play Colindale and have an annual pass there, so only $5 to walk 9

I thought the conditions were pretty good for as dry as it is.

I’m down for a WRX outing if it doesn’t conflict with my golf league. Should have that schedule next month.

Same for me. WRX sounding definitely sounds fun. I've golfed with a four or five people from here and have always had a great time.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

I’m down for a WRX outing if it doesn’t conflict with my golf league. Should have that schedule next month.

I'll be sure to pick the windiest day possible.

HAHAHA I will never forget that day :cry:

I still can’t belive you guys played in that. I would have considered it if I had been prepared but I had just a light jacket with me. It was like a completely different world just 30 miles south. We played 27 in Highlands Ranch and no wind until the last 3 holes

I did play Walnut Creek this summer and it was just as windy, but at least it was also 35 degrees warmer too

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

If I can make it work schedule wise I’d love to get in on an outing with you guys. Haven’t had a chance to play with anyone here yet but would love to.

Also, I’m looking into joining a men’s club this year. I think that playing some tournament golf can really help my game improve. Or so I hope. From a proximity standpoint Commonground would be most convenient and I like the course. I’ve heard pretty good stuff about the guys who play there...anyone have any thoughts on it? I’d likely only play in a handful of events since I do most of my playing during the week but I figure it’s worth joining even if for just a few tourneys.

If I can make it work schedule wise I'd love to get in on an outing with you guys. Haven't had a chance to play with anyone here yet but would love to.

Also, I'm looking into joining a men's club this year. I think that playing some tournament golf can really help my game improve. Or so I hope. From a proximity standpoint Commonground would be most convenient and I like the course. I've heard pretty good stuff about the guys who play there...anyone have any thoughts on it? I'd likely only play in a handful of events since I do most of my playing during the week but I figure it's worth joining even if for just a few tourneys.

I've played CG's men's club the last 4 years or so. It is a good group of guys, and they take pace of play seriously. I'm looking at joining FRGC or a private club this summer, but may still play CG as it really isn't that expensive to be a part of.