Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

Looks like I’m gonna be making the move to caddy at Bandon this year, so if any of you guys end up out there in the coming months, hit me up!

That’s amazing! Congrats!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Looks like I’m gonna be making the move to caddy at Bandon this year, so if any of you guys end up out there in the coming months, hit me up!

So cool. If I could press redo, pie-in-the-sky style, I'd seriously consider trying to make caddying a career (despite knowing how tough/lucky/hard it is).

Just out of curiosity, what's it take to get on there as a caddy?

I was planning on picking up an Orange Whip to help with tempo. Anyone have experience with one and/or have one laying around they would like to pass on for a fair price??

I have one of those little donut weights you slip over the grip, can’t beat the price! (Think they cost about 3 bucks)

Whatever you decide just make sure not to over do it. I’ve heard stories about people injuring themselves by trying to make like 100 swings with those whip things

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Is this a tip based thing? Or do you actually get money for each loop? Only time I’ve ever had any type of caddie was a fore-caddie was at Doral. We each gave him $20 but I don’t even know if that was enough. Dude worked his a** off. Basically sprinted 200 yards every hole so he could watch for tee shots.

Is this a tip based thing? Or do you actually get money for each loop? Only time I’ve ever had any type of caddie was a fore-caddie was at Doral. We each gave him $20 but I don’t even know if that was enough. Dude worked his a** off. Basically sprinted 200 yards every hole so he could watch for tee shots.

Found some answers here: https://www.bandondunesgolf.com/blog/top-8-caddie-questions

Wow so they recommend $100 per bag per round, and the caddies carry two bags at a time. ~$50/hour is pretty good money, but my body hurts just thinking about it

So cool. If I could press redo, pie-in-the-sky style, I'd seriously consider trying to make caddying a career (despite knowing how tough/lucky/hard it is).

I just reached out to a few of the different people who run their caddy program on a whim without much expectation of hearing back, but they eventually got back to me to follow up. From there I gave em a background on my playing/caddying experience & a resume, and that's really about it.

Found some answers here: https://www.bandondu...addie-questions

Wow so they recommend $100 per bag per round, and the caddies carry two bags at a time. ~$50/hour is pretty good money, but my body hurts just thinking about it

Yeah, I need to whip myself into better shape between now and then, thats for sure. Definitely gonna have some sore days at the beginning there...haha!

So the caddies out there are independent contractors and once you're on/trained, you can sign up for loops ahead of time with their app or show up as a "free agent" to pick one up. They told me you're not likely to have any problems getting loops, so it'll come down to how much you want to/can work.

Congrats! Should be a great time, if I win the lottery, I'll be out.

That’s amazing! Congrats!

Thanks Guys!

Found some answers here: https://www.bandondu...addie-questions

Yeah, I need to whip myself into better shape between now and then, thats for sure. Definitely gonna have some sore days at the beginning there...haha!

So the caddies out there are independent contractors and once you're on/trained, you can sign up for loops ahead of time with their app or show up as a "free agent" to pick one up. They told me you're not likely to have any problems getting loops, so it'll come down to how much you want to/can work.

That was my understanding of how it works. Thanks for the insight!

Congrats Queso that sounds that a great time. I bet you meet a ton of cool people along the way (but probably some real a******* too! haha).

Does the gig come with any playing privileges/opportunities?

Thanks! I’m prepared for Word not allowedholes, but hoping for some cool folks too to balance them out.

As for playing privileges, caddies can use all the practice facilities and can get out on the courses 30 min after the last tee time of the day. Not sure how much time that’ll equate to, but it should allow for some close to full rounds (hopefully).

Congrats!

My brother is a caddie at Bandon and this coming year will be his 4th full season out there. He valet parks cars in Denver in December, January & Feb and spends March to November in Bandon; he loves it and definitely stays as busy as he wants. He has lived in town and in the employee housing and there are perks/drawbacks of both of course. And the playing privileges are legit; he plays a lot of partial rounds and plenty of full rounds. You do need to have another employee or caddie to play with; they don't often let caddies out on their own (you would catch groups in front too easily is their thinking, I guess. Although one guy can hang back and hit extra putts and chips just as easily as two.)

PM me if you want to get in contact with him with any questions you might have or to potentially play rounds; he has a good group of guys who play a lot.

When are you heading out there?

Congrats. Hope it works out perfectly for you. Trying to see if I can get out to Bandon this year for the first time but more likely next year based on current commitments. If I pull it off I will request you for sure.

Speaking of Bandon..... Anyone have a courses they plan on "checking" off this year? I was informed (by the wife, not by choice lol) I am "limited" for golf travel this year. /cough cough

I was able to sneak in Pinehurst next month (barring weather) because it is crazy cheap. I guess we will be spending our time off back home in Montana with family. At least I will be able to hit up a few favorites back home.

Edit: tossed a few links to some excellent tracks in Montana I would say you have to try for sure if you ever get to up there.

https://wildernesscl...ontana.com/ *Rank this as one the best courses I have played minus 2 - 3 holes....

http://stockfarm.com...Course.aspx

https://www.oldworks...dworks.org/ *Hate Nicklaus courses for the record but its a good one =)

I was going to say that I was crunching the numbers for the Club Corp Travel membership. I would use my parent's address in California so that I could play Blackstone, Black Bear, Omni, and Perry Park at least somewhat regularly. There is also a chance that I'll be heading to Orlando or Tampa for Christmas, and I would love to hit the links while I'm there. The added cart fee really kills the deal for me--not that Blackstone or Black Bear are truly walkable. I would have to play 60-70 times to get the cost down to near $30/round. On top of the 10-12 rounds with FRGC, that would certainly be grounds for divorce in my house.

I guess I've never really had a desire to take a golf vacation.

I am looking to do a full upgrade of my golfing gear in Sweden this summer. I'm scouring eBay for a really good deal on Ping S56's or S55's.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

I was going to say that I was crunching the numbers for the Club Corp Travel membership. I would use my parent's address in California so that I could play Blackstone, Black Bear, Omni, and Perry Park at least somewhat regularly. There is also a chance that I'll be heading to Orlando or Tampa for Christmas, and I would love to hit the links while I'm there. The added cart fee really kills the deal for me--not that Blackstone or Black Bear are truly walkable. I would have to play 60-70 times to get the cost down to near $30/round. On top of the 10-12 rounds with FRGC, that would certainly be grounds for divorce in my house.

I am looking to do a full upgrade of my golfing gear in Sweden this summer. I'm scouring eBay for a really good deal on Ping S56's or S55's.

That ClubCorp deal looks very appealing but as you note the cart fees added in you need enough rounds to get the cost down. I do know someone that signed up this year to try it out but he travels a lot for work (Edit: he is every 3 weeks on average and 3-4 days each time).Would not work for me but I can see the benefits for sure.

Congrats!

My brother is a caddie at Bandon and this coming year will be his 4th full season out there. He valet parks cars in Denver in December, January & Feb and spends March to November in Bandon; he loves it and definitely stays as busy as he wants. He has lived in town and in the employee housing and there are perks/drawbacks of both of course. And the playing privileges are legit; he plays a lot of partial rounds and plenty of full rounds. You do need to have another employee or caddie to play with; they don't often let caddies out on their own (you would catch groups in front too easily is their thinking, I guess. Although one guy can hang back and hit extra putts and chips just as easily as two.)

PM me if you want to get in contact with him with any questions you might have or to potentially play rounds; he has a good group of guys who play a lot.

When are you heading out there?

Good to hear that work is easy to come by! I'm hoping to be out there around March 1 - just gotta figure out what I'm gonna do for housing.

I'll definitely PM you about talking to your brother. Thanks for that!!

Good to hear that work is easy to come by! I'm hoping to be out there around March 1 - just gotta figure out what I'm gonna do for housing.

I'll definitely PM you about talking to your brother. Thanks for that!!

Don't be like Joel and go all off the grid. ;) I know we'd all love to hear about your looping adventures.

A work buddy of mine has all weekend off with the wife and kid out of town and was wondering if anyone could recommend a cool course to play?

I've played a ton of courses all around town, typically play Meadow hills with my mens club but Riverdale, Murphy creek, and commonground are all regulars for us.

I've heard good things about Highland meadows, anyone have any recommendations?

A work buddy of mine has all weekend off with the wife and kid out of town and was wondering if anyone could recommend a cool course to play?

I've played a ton of courses all around town, typically play Meadow hills with my mens club but Riverdale, Murphy creek, and commonground are all regulars for us.

Highland Meadows is one of my favorites north of Denver. Walnut Creek is good too (but it sounds like you’re close to that so you’ve probably played it).

Highland Meadows is one of my favorites north of Denver. Walnut Creek is good too (but it sounds like you’re close to that so you’ve probably played it).

Actually hadn't played either, thanks for the tips.

Probably looking somewhere up north, not sure the heavy snow down south will be melted in time...

That ClubCorp deal looks very appealing but as you note the cart fees added in you need enough rounds to get the cost down. I do know someone that signed up this year to try it out but he travels a lot for work (Edit: he is every 3 weeks on average and 3-4 days each time).Would not work for me but I can see the benefits for sure.

The travel membership doesn't include anything before noon on weekend/holiday mornings, plus only two rounds a month per club. I also don't think Omni and Perry Park are included in the travel membership since they don't show up on the club corp web site (only Aspen Glen, Black Bear, Blackstone are listed). I know Omni/Perry Park offer it to their members as an add on, but guessing it's not reciprocal as club corp doesn't own those courses. They're basically reselling the travel membership without an initiation (which club corp itself is also waiving right now). So is it worth the $660 or so (with taxes) per year + cart fees to play black bear and blackstone 4 times a month not on a weekend morning? If you played 40 rounds a year it's around $41 a round all in assuming $25 cart fee (hopefully they aren't like some places and charge an outrageous cart fee).

I know people that quit Blackstone/Black Bear because they have so many members it was hard to get tee times when they wanted or rounds were slow, so guessing you're not getting the private club benefit of a fast round either. If you like those courses, $41 a round with cart is pretty good in the south of Denver area where golf is a lot more expensive. Generally I would think you'd need to travel somewhere once a month to really get the benefit of it.

The Ridge at Castle Pines just released a 6-pack of rounds for $52.80 each. Includes cart and range balls. Can be used any time Monday-Friday and after 10am on Saturday/Sunday. If you want to play before 10am, it's an extra $25. Must use all six (which are transferable) by July 7. Not bad.

http://playtheridge....84a7ae0ad5576d4

Congrats Queso that sounds that a great time. I bet you meet a ton of cool people along the way (but probably some real a******* too! haha).

Does the gig come with any playing privileges/opportunities?

Thanks! I’m prepared for Word not allowedholes, but hoping for some cool folks too to balance them out.

As for playing privileges, caddies can use all the practice facilities and can get out on the courses 30 min after the last tee time of the day. Not sure how much time that’ll equate to, but it should allow for some close to full rounds (hopefully).

Congrats. $100-$150 a round per bag is fairly standard. Usually there's a specified required rate less than $100 + tip with recommendations around $100, so you can get people who will stiff you and give less than $100, but you'll also get people giving more than $100. Once you've got a few months in at Bandon you should be able to get on elsewhere at private courses or other places and make it a year round gig. I know a few people that travel around the country doing that and rent houses with other caddies sharing costs/food as they move around. Not the life for someone with a family, but $50-60k a year in cash working outdoors with part time playing privileges on great courses isn't the worst life assuming you stay healthy. Double bagging when it's really hot and muggy in the summer can be brutal though.