Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

How often do you see eyebrow raising scores in those things?

I know that when there is money on the line it’s going bring out the worst in some people, but I’ll never understand the blatant sandbagging that goes on in some leagues. I personally want to get my index as low as I can even if I never win another event. The good thing about my men’s club is that even a hack like me can occasionally challenge in gross. We have a few sticks but even they have a bad day from time time.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Has anyone been in a local league where someone was penalized or kicked out for sandbagging?

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

How often do you see eyebrow raising scores in those things?

I know that when there is money on the line it's going bring out the worst in some people, but I'll never understand the blatant sandbagging that goes on in some leagues. I personally want to get my index as low as I can even if I never win another event. The good thing about my men's club is that even a hack like me can occasionally challenge in gross. We have a few sticks but even they have a bad day from time time.

Has anyone been in a local league where someone was penalized or kicked out for sandbagging?

I haven't seen it at CommonGround. I was paired with a guy a couple of years ago when I was off about 14, so he was about the same. He shot the easiest 79 I've ever seen, which isn't completely out of left field for that handicap, but the next tournament he was 2 flights up and has been middling in that flight ever since. Maybe he just worked hard over the winter and came out firing. Not sure about golfweek or golf channel. I feel with a "regular" club at one course or so, it would be harder to get away with sandbagging.

Yeah I think that when you play the same course over and over it’s going to be fairly obvious what your capabilities are over time. That being said I think my spread over the last 5 years at the Links is 17 strokes (+1 to +18)

All the guys in the first flight are capable of winning gross, but a few will pretty much never win net. The other flights have a bit more variance though. I’ve seen some guys shoot 9 under net scores one week and 12 over net the next.

There was a guy who I defended when the sandbagging talk came out after a round. I’ve played with him several times and it’s obvious that he has worked hard on his game and if he putts well he can score. I also think that course has an effect on your game. I always say that my handicap doesn’t travel well because hitting 175+ yard shots into par 4’s on a regular basis isn’t something I’m good at.

Speaking of "sandbagging" anyone play in the Foothills Invitational ?

That is hands down the best sandbagger event I have ever played in. A lot of fun honestly but man I have never seen sooo many teams shoot 74-79 best ball day one and then shoot under par day two. *Dont get me wrong I used to play it with a few friends and we have somehow shot a lot better the next day too =)

Interesting format: No HDCP, best ball, multiple flights (luck of draw on that) and you can not "better" your first day score by 7-8 shots or you get bumped up a flight, plus a decent skins game.

Yeah I think that when you play the same course over and over it’s going to be fairly obvious what your capabilities are over time. That being said I think my spread over the last 5 years at the Links is 17 strokes (+1 to +18)

All the guys in the first flight are capable of winning gross, but a few will pretty much never win net. The other flights have a bit more variance though. I’ve seen some guys shoot 9 under net scores one week and 12 over net the next.

There was a guy who I defended when the sandbagging talk came out after a round. I’ve played with him several times and it’s obvious that he has worked hard on his game and if he putts well he can score. I also think that course has an effect on your game. I always say that my handicap doesn’t travel well because hitting 175+ yard shots into par 4’s on a regular basis isn’t something I’m good at.

I think that statement sums up Murphy Creek men's club =) Some amazing 11 Hdcp (3-4 over) players in that club LOL

I will admit putting is my weakest link by far. *I need to take lessons and get fit for a putter that works best for me. Not sure who is a great putting teacher locally though............

Just got back from AZ last night. We played Troon Country Club on Friday and it was in immaculate shape with everything being first class. That being said, the golf is horrifically designed. Teeny little greens and every hole felt like you were hitting through a neighborhood. Definitely wouldn't need to play there again.

We played both WeKoPa courses on saturday and it was awesome. Great shape, awesome golf, and we had some really fun games going on. These courses are must plays in my opinion.

Sunday we played Rancho Manana and it was very meh. Expensive, short, some cool holes, but overall really quirky. First time I had ever played it and will definitely be the last.

I'm still not playing very good and have a hard time hitting good tee balls when I'm uncomfortable. There's no middle ground. I'm either perfect or dead and I can feel whatever it's going to be. Really weird way to play golf.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

*I need to take lessons and get fit for a putter that works best for me. Not sure who is a great putting teacher locally though............

I think seven dewey had a putter fitting with Jerry Walters at Meridian Golf Club. Jerry also does lessons and clinics.

http://trentwearner.uschedule.com/Level2/GolfSchools/Adults.aspx

Just got back from AZ last night. We played Troon Country Club on Friday and it was in immaculate shape with everything being first class. That being said, the golf is horrifically designed. Teeny little greens and every hole felt like you were hitting through a neighborhood. Definitely wouldn't need to play there again.

We played both WeKoPa courses on saturday and it was awesome. Great shape, awesome golf, and we had some really fun games going on. These courses are must plays in my opinion.

Sunday we played Rancho Manana and it was very meh. Expensive, short, some cool holes, but overall really quirky. First time I had ever played it and will definitely be the last.

I'm still not playing very good and have a hard time hitting good tee balls when I'm uncomfortable. There's no middle ground. I'm either perfect or dead and I can feel whatever it's going to be. Really weird way to play golf.

I really want to play WeKoPa next time I'm out here. Just too much $$ during this time of year. Mid-summer is probably the only way I can do it.

*I need to take lessons and get fit for a putter that works best for me. Not sure who is a great putting teacher locally though............

I think seven dewey had a putter fitting with Jerry Walters at Meridian Golf Club. Jerry also does lessons and clinics.

http://trentwearner.uschedule.com/Level2/GolfSchools/Adults.aspx

Never had a putter fitting in my life. I just buy putters until I find one that works. Then when I misplace that putter in the woods I repeat the process again.

I think seven dewey had a putter fitting with Jerry Walters at Meridian Golf Club. Jerry also does lessons and clinics. http://trentwearner.uschedule.com/Level2/GolfSchools/Adults.aspx

I did the same. Really helped my putting and he gave me some great tips during the fitting as well that helped me out.

Never had a putter fitting in my life. I just buy putters until I find one that works. Then when I misplace that putter in the woods I repeat the process again.

I did the same. Really helped my putting and he gave me some great tips during the fitting as well that helped me out.

I knew someone on here had gotten a fitting. Golfing Boiler, my most sincere apologies for mistaking you for seven dewey. :D

I knew someone on here had gotten a fitting. Golfing Boiler, my most sincere apologies for mistaking you for seven dewey. :D

No worries...Though Seven Dewey may want an apology if you're comparing his game to mine :D

I've done a clinic with Jerry Walters before, and he is great.

SevenDewey, you mentioned Men's League - is yours during the week? I'd be interested in joining a mid-week league too and the Links is a good location for me. I'm sure my wife will be super excited about that proposition :lol:

And thanks to both you and CSURam for the men's club info!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

No worries...Though Seven Dewey may want an apology if you're comparing his game to mine :D

I've never met you, but I was basing it strictly off of looks. :D :D

SevenDewey, you mentioned Men's League - is yours during the week? I'd be interested in joining a mid-week league too and the Links is a good location for me. I'm sure my wife will be super excited about that proposition :lol:

If you're interested in a mid-week golf shindig, I can probably get you into our Thursday night 9-hole beer league at South Suburban (sometimes at Lone Tree). It will start when the clocks change. The only problems are that (1) it's a super-casual league since many don't have GHINs (or actual golfing abilities) and (2) the organizer is a huge tOSU fan/apologist.

Glad to see there are other good options in the area. Especially when I've heard mostly negative things about a couple of them.

The one thing I do miss about FRGC is the variety. It's kinda cool to play different courses for each event. On the other hand playing at the same place has its advantages as well. You get to know a lot of the staff and sort of become a regular there. And if you have a bad hole or round you know you can always learn from your mistakes and redeem yourself in the next one.

I think that as long as the guys in the league are honest and fair, it's probably going to be enjoyable. After that I think the next most important thing is to have a variety of events. Playing nothing but stroke play every single time out does get stale for me personally. Glad our men's club does a handful of different ones as well. Ryder Cup being the true standout event that you have to earn a spot into.

Is FRGC not happening for 2019 or you just not doing it again? Just wondering by your statement "The one thing I do miss about FRGC...."

This would be best explained over beers after golf....

If you're interested in a mid-week golf shindig, I can probably get you into our Thursday night 9-hole beer league at South Suburban (sometimes at Lone Tree). It will start when the clocks change. The only problems are that (1) it's a super-casual league since many don't have GHINs (or actual golfing abilities) and (2) the organizer is a huge tOSU fan/apologist.

I was hoping to join you guys last year but should have more flexibility this year. I'll try to overlook shortcomings from school support, but can drink with anyone

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

This morning's snow has put a damper on my weekend plans but the melt should be on the rest of the week. Any predictions as to whether any courses will be open Friday or Saturday (in Denver)?

We didn’t get any in Greeley. What’s leftover from last week should be all gone by tomorrow. I was shocked Saturday to see how much snow was on the ground at my son’s house in Highlands Ranch.

This morning's snow has put a damper on my weekend plans but the melt should be on the rest of the week. Any predictions as to whether any courses will be open Friday or Saturday (in Denver)?

We didn’t get any in Greeley. What’s leftover from last week should be all gone by tomorrow. I was shocked Saturday to see how much snow was on the ground at my son’s house in Highlands Ranch.

Got a fresh 6" on the ground here in Westminster this morning. Might have to take a trip up north this weekend

Got a fresh 6" on the ground here in Westminster this morning. Might have to take a trip up north this weekend

If anyone is getting to the Greely area this weekend give me a shout. Can’t find a job so I might as well go play!

Same here in Loveland; it's like we had a dome around us. Definitely looks like the courses up here will be open this weekend since the weather is supposed to be nice the rest of the week. I'm probably gonna get out Friday and/or Saturday if anyone wants to join.

Same here in Loveland; it's like we had a dome around us. Definitely looks like the courses up here will be open this weekend since the weather is supposed to be nice the rest of the week. I'm probably gonna get out Friday and/or Saturday if anyone wants to join.

Keep me in the loop.

I’ll let you carry my bag too so you can get some practice! (I’m a good guy that way)

I really want to play WeKoPa next time I'm out here. Just too much $$ during this time of year. Mid-summer is probably the only way I can do it.

I had a hookup. We payed $210 for 36 instead of the $450 rack rate

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

No ours are on Saturdays but they do have leagues most days of the week there. Some may be private though.

Glad to see there are other good options in the area. Especially when I've heard mostly negative things about a couple of them.

The one thing I do miss about FRGC is the variety. It's kinda cool to play different courses for each event. On the other hand playing at the same place has its advantages as well. You get to know a lot of the staff and sort of become a regular there. And if you have a bad hole or round you know you can always learn from your mistakes and redeem yourself in the next one.

I think that as long as the guys in the league are honest and fair, it's probably going to be enjoyable. After that I think the next most important thing is to have a variety of events. Playing nothing but stroke play every single time out does get stale for me personally. Glad our men's club does a handful of different ones as well. Ryder Cup being the true standout event that you have to earn a spot into.

Is FRGC not happening for 2019 or you just not doing it again? Just wondering by your statement "The one thing I do miss about FRGC...."

This would be best explained over beers after golf....

I am always down for a good beer. We never did hit up Growler USA.....

We didnt get any in Greeley. Whats leftover from last week should be all gone by tomorrow. I was shocked Saturday to see how much snow was on the ground at my sons house in Highlands Ranch.

Keep me in the loop.

Ill let you carry my bag too so you can get some practice! (Im a good guy that way)

Ahh man, what a guy! You’re too kind!

I’ll definitely keep you posted; sounds like our neck of the woods is just about the only place that didn’t get any of that white stuff.

http://trentwearner....ols/Adults.aspx

Thanks for the link. Will look on setting up a time and getting current gamer set right for me.... if its the right one that is.

Edit: Has anyone done the SAM putting lab? I hear it helps understand your natural stroke and what works best, just dont know anyone that has tried it.