Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

I’m kidding in the post above if that was not painfully obvious.

Highland Meadows was a fun course. Definitely requires some course knowledge on a few holes. Queso was able to provide that, however he plays a different game than us mere mortals. Crazy how little snow they have up there. I’m jealous.

Had a great time today, thanks for allowing me to tag along. Not sure when it will be playable down south

The only thing more painful was looking at how they held the club in those pictures...yikes.

Glad we all got out, it was a good time! ...aside from the 37 putts, anyway hahaha

It was a good time, really liked that course. I counted 38 putts for me and I didn't even putt on 2 holes. Winter greens man

I shoulda known it was gonna be a rough day after the debacle on #1 haha

We played it today. Funny you mention Hole 1. Hit a "mehhh" drive up the left so I just aimed at the big tree, easy 8 iron then wedge to green. 2 in guys in the group...."WTH man go over the bunkers on the left you got this..........." Both went in the WATER :tongue:

We played the tips, not my choice. Scarped around a 4 over on front, friend was even with 2 penlity strokes. ! Backside 3 birdies / 2 bogeys 1 par in the frist 6 holes. Started feeling good. Then the wheels fell off on the last 3 holes... it was a train wreck coming in LOL

Hole 13 from the back is crazy. 248 Par 3 over the arroyo !! I thought I had played HM prior but after first hole I realized I was thinking Saddleback. We played with two great guys that came down from Cheyenne.

Ah man the pin on #1 yesterday was rough! Right on top of the ridge over the bunker and I think 3/4 of us were within 6 feet above the hole and ended up with a 12-15 footer coming back up the hill because it was literally impossible to stop it once it was moving.

And number 13 is pretty much the sole reason I don’t play that course from the tips lol. That hole is BRUTAL! When I played in HS everything was from the tips and the short hitters/freshmen/sophomores had to either hit driver or layup out to the left side.

Speaking of Buffalo Run and hitting driver on a par 3....I’ve done this on number 13 at Buffalo Run. I think it’s 260 from the tips. If there is a little wind then it plays even longer.

Highland Meadows from the tips would be challenging. The only hole I think it would actually help me is that really difficult par 4 on the front. I suck at hitting the 220 yard layup. From the tips I could just hit driver and hope it doesn’t roll through the fairway.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Speaking of Buffalo Run and hitting driver on a par 3....I’ve done this on number 13 at Buffalo Run. I think it’s 260 from the tips. If there is a little wind then it plays even longer.

Highland Meadows from the tips would be challenging. The only hole I think it would actually help me is that really difficult par 4 on the front. I suck at hitting the 220 yard layup. From the tips I could just hit driver and hope it doesn’t roll through the fairway.

You thinking hole 6? if so your right. we did hit drivers and with the wind into us we knew we could not get to the arroyo. Tough tough hole with wind into you on approach shot.

The first two pictures are painful to look at.

Racist

Jeebus. We've known each other for probably 15 years. You know I hate Asian people.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Wanted to thank you guys for the suggestion to play Highland Meadows, was a terrific course!

So i was up there on Sunday and couldn't have had better weather, the greens were very receptive for winter conditions.

I did play at 11:20 yesterday front 9 was perfect conditions, my golf buddy left at 9 and i decided to play the 18 holes with the group in front of me... that wind that kicked up was crazy!

Either way had a blast and was a true hidden gem, also $24 for walking 18 was pretty awesome as well spent more on gas money lol.

Wanted to thank you guys for the suggestion to play Highland Meadows, was a terrific course!

So i was up there on Sunday and couldn't have had better weather, the greens were very receptive for winter conditions.

I did play at 11:20 yesterday front 9 was perfect conditions, my golf buddy left at 9 and i decided to play the 18 holes with the group in front of me... that wind that kicked up was crazy!

Either way had a blast and was a true hidden gem, also $24 for walking 18 was pretty awesome as well spent more on gas money lol.

Good to hear! I feel like there’s a good mix of tough/strategic holes and easy/reachable/scoring holes....and you can score some sweet deals, even during summer if you use teeoff.

I bet that wind was rough out there...I drove to Denver & thought to myself how glad I was to not be out there at that moment lol

For putts that roll 5-7 feet past. This seems a little fast.

So just watched that. Not exactly sure what the resultant is. Sorry being an engineer that is not a "real world" test.

That's like half of my putts.

I like the concept because it allows the guy who is 50 feet away to putt towards the hole and won't require someone to tend it. Let's be real, the odds that it will even hit any part of that hole is slim to none. Once everyone is in reasonable distance, or someone putts out, then they can take the stick out. I just hopes it speeds up play.

So just watched that. Not exactly sure what the resultant is. Sorry being an engineer that is not a "real world" test.

That's like half of my putts.

I like the concept because it allows the guy who is 50 feet away to putt towards the hole and won't require someone to tend it. Let's be real, the odds that it will even hit any part of that hole is slim to none. Once everyone is in reasonable distance, or someone putts out, then they can take the stick out. I just hopes it speeds up play.

Agreed. Really hope it helps speed things up a bit. I'll never really care if its in or out because as anyone who's ever seen me putt can attest, I don't make anything anyway.

Unless you’re above the hole on #1 at Highland Meadows, then you’d be happy with 5-7 feet past!

Unless you’re above the hole on #1 at Highland Meadows, then you’d be happy with 5-7 feet past! ��

That sounds exactly like holes 1 through ... 18 at South Suburban. :)

Unless you’re above the hole on #1 at Highland Meadows, then you’d be happy with 5-7 feet past! ��

That sounds exactly like holes 1 through ... 18 at South Suburban. :)

I’ve never played there but have read about the greens on here. I keep telling myself I need to play it sometime, but I’m probably better off not doing so!

Too true. A hole I can honestly say I take 1 less club to ensure I don't go long and end up with a chip that is more likely to end up in the water or sand trap than it is to stop on that green.

That slope above the hole is no fun to chip off of.

Anybody else see this?

https://www.golfdige...social_facebook

Looks like the flag is not as advantageous as some guys have made it seem.

That pin placement was brutal. You had to be below the hole on the right and then you would have had to flirt with the water.

Anyone hitting up the GOLF EXPO this weekend? Wondering if any good deals on prepaid rounds? Years ago you could get some killer prices for prepaid rounds to some excellent tracks. Last few years not so much.

I’ve got nothing better to do so I thought I might drive down. And I get $2 off for being over 50! Finally a benefit to getting old!

Anyone hitting up the GOLF EXPO this weekend? Wondering if any good deals on prepaid rounds? Years ago you could get some killer prices for prepaid rounds to some excellent tracks. Last few years not so much.
I’ve got nothing better to do so I thought I might drive down. And I get $2 off for being over 50! Finally a benefit to getting old!

I plan to head down Sunday. Probably pick up some pre-paid rounds, but I've noticed the average cost of pre-paid rounds is going up each year.

Also, I really want to pick up a BirdieBall putting green and got the okay from the wife to buy one if the price is good.

Can anyone confirm that the Springs didn't get much snow today? That is what my weather app says. If so, golf might be an option on Saturday for me. :)

Snowing like crazy here today, glad I got out a couple times this week.

Sigh. I've been in California and Arizona for the past month (since Jan. 5) and I come home last night and this starts up. Between cooler temps and my work/vacation schedule, I honestly may not get a round in until April. This is killing me!

Sigh. I've been in California and Arizona for the past month (since Jan. 5) and I come home last night and this starts up. Between cooler temps and my work/vacation schedule, I honestly may not get a round in until April. This is killing me!

That sucks, especially with the numerous nice days we’ve had here, and at least here in Greeley, only had snow on the ground for three or four days.

You can at least try to hit up South Broadway CC or Fairways and get a round in that way...it's not the same, of course, but it's better than nothing!

NOW we know who brought all the snow to Denver this week :D