Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

I'm in pending schedules. Baby two late march. Heading to phoenix friday for one last trip before hibernation. Playing troon country club, both we-ko-pas and Rancho Manana. I'll report back next week!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

If I can make it work schedule wise I'd love to get in on an outing with you guys. Haven't had a chance to play with anyone here yet but would love to.

Also, I'm looking into joining a men's club this year. I think that playing some tournament golf can really help my game improve. Or so I hope. From a proximity standpoint Commonground would be most convenient and I like the course. I've heard pretty good stuff about the guys who play there...anyone have any thoughts on it? I'd likely only play in a handful of events since I do most of my playing during the week but I figure it's worth joining even if for just a few tourneys.

I've played CG's men's club the last 4 years or so. It is a good group of guys, and they take pace of play seriously. I'm looking at joining FRGC or a private club this summer, but may still play CG as it really isn't that expensive to be a part of.

Good, I'm a big fan of a fast pace of play and I play pretty quick. What time do the tournaments usually end on Saturdays? Just wondering what sort of time commitment this is so I can try to prepare my wife!

CSURam, I'm interested in hearing a bit more about CG's men's club. My friends and I are moving away from GVR's, and that is one of the one's we're considering. Others we're looking at are Meadow Hills and Legacy Ridge (though I think that will get scrapped due to proximity for many of us). We've considered Fox Hollow and the Meadows as well, but I think those are lower on the list.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

I'm in pending schedules. Baby two late march. Heading to phoenix friday for one last trip before hibernation. Playing troon country club, both we-ko-pas and Rancho Manana. I'll report back next week!

Jealous. I'm sitting in a hotel in Glendale and can't get to a course. We got an offer for some guys to go to TPC to play the 16th but doesn't look like we'll make it, which means I can't film it, which means I can't get a stab at it either. :(

Count me in for a potential CO WRX event as well. I’ve enjoyed all of the rounds I’ve played with those of you I’ve met.

Also, it’s interesting to see how many people are discussing joining the Common Ground men’s club. I’ve been considering emailing about info to join this year as well. CG is my favorite public course around, and my only complaint is the difficulty of getting early tee times and the frequent slow play on weekends. I’m hopeful that maybe by doing. Men’s club events, that will provide tee time availability when there are events and maybe a little better pace of play.

CSURam, I'm interested in hearing a bit more about CG's men's club. My friends and I are moving away from GVR's, and that is one of the one's we're considering. Others we're looking at are Meadow Hills and Legacy Ridge (though I think that will get scrapped due to proximity for many of us). We've considered Fox Hollow and the Meadows as well, but I think those are lower on the list.

The Westminster men's club is kinda lacking. They only run 5-6 tourneys a year.

Of course I’m in for a CO-WRX outing - will be pretty open for trips down the hill to play outside of the club events I play each year. Tournament schedules starting to come out - always fun to start planning the season.

I’m in Naples this week - had great golf weather Tuesday and Wednesday but today is cold and rainy... tomorrow will be sunny but cooler (65 not 80) so no complaints.

Deadsolid, Hardrain and Jacob, I got down to The Ridge at Castle Pines and collected the vouchers from the cancelled scramble. I picked them up back in December, but figured it wasn’t urgent - seeing that they were closed for the winter.

Since they indicate that they’ll be opening on February 1st (yeah right), I thought I’d ask: What do you want me to do with them? They’re good till May 31st for a raincheck and a lunch.

Let me know. If you don’t want them, I’m happy to keep them – I can always get someone to play.

DaVinci has three spots. I have three spots (actually two, since seven dewey texted me that you'd have to pry his spot away from his cold, dead hands). Sounds like a CO WRX outing waiting to happen if we can make the dates work for eight of us. I'm still kind of hoping The Ridge does offer some kind of springtime scramble. I think that would be a blast.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

If I can make it work schedule wise I'd love to get in on an outing with you guys. Haven't had a chance to play with anyone here yet but would love to.

Also, I'm looking into joining a men's club this year. I think that playing some tournament golf can really help my game improve. Or so I hope. From a proximity standpoint Commonground would be most convenient and I like the course. I've heard pretty good stuff about the guys who play there...anyone have any thoughts on it? I'd likely only play in a handful of events since I do most of my playing during the week but I figure it's worth joining even if for just a few tourneys.

I've played CG's men's club the last 4 years or so. It is a good group of guys, and they take pace of play seriously. I'm looking at joining FRGC or a private club this summer, but may still play CG as it really isn't that expensive to be a part of.

Good, I'm a big fan of a fast pace of play and I play pretty quick. What time do the tournaments usually end on Saturdays? Just wondering what sort of time commitment this is so I can try to prepare my wife!

Count me in for a potential CO WRX event as well. I've enjoyed all of the rounds I've played with those of you I've met.

Also, it's interesting to see how many people are discussing joining the Common Ground men's club. I've been considering emailing about info to join this year as well. CG is my favorite public course around, and my only complaint is the difficulty of getting early tee times and the frequent slow play on weekends. I'm hopeful that maybe by doing. Men's club events, that will provide tee time availability when there are events and maybe a little better pace of play.

I like the course more than Meadow hills. As far as time commitment, they rotate the times between the high, low and mid cap flights so you could be going off at 6:30 at one event, and 12:30 at the next. The rounds take 4:30, and I've played a bit faster at times, but usually plan on 4:30, that is the pace of play maker. They have time stamps at 9 and 17 that you have to punch your card and if you are not on time or too far behind the group in front they will assess a penalty. There are usually about 5-6 flights if I remember correctly. Usually the 10+ guys play from the white tees, 10- gold, and they have a gross flight that plays from the back. The regular events are every other Saturday. They have a season long match play individual and team, where you schedule your time against your opponent on whatever day/time works best for you, just has to be completed by a certain date. The member guest is a lot of fun, but a little pricey, but it is two days of golf, Saturday/Sunday, then a horserace Friday night and lunch both days I think. We also got a lot of swag including a couple of boxes of ProV's. They play interclub matches that are pretty easy to get into, and pretty fun as well. They also have a heaven and hell event, where 9 holes are super easy, 9 incredibly difficult, a red tee challenge and a Ryder Cup event. I believe, once you are a member, you are a CGA member as well, which allows for early booking of tee time, and slightly better rates. One thing I don't like is that you can't book as a single online, you have to call the proshop. Just kind of a pain as I play mostly as a single. I do like taking a caddy every once in a while. The thing you have to keep in mind about their caddies, is that is a "caddy academy", they are teaching kids to caddy to feed into the big private clubs, so they expect you to help the caddies learn etiquette and what to do, but technically they are free, you only need to throw them a tip. Hope this helps. Let me know if you've got any other questions.

Count me in for a potential CO WRX event as well. I've enjoyed all of the rounds I've played with those of you I've met.

Also, it's interesting to see how many people are discussing joining the Common Ground men's club. I've been considering emailing about info to join this year as well. CG is my favorite public course around, and my only complaint is the difficulty of getting early tee times and the frequent slow play on weekends. I'm hopeful that maybe by doing. Men's club events, that will provide tee time availability when there are events and maybe a little better pace of play.

I like the course more than Meadow hills. As far as time commitment, they rotate the times between the high, low and mid cap flights so you could be going off at 6:30 at one event, and 12:30 at the next. The rounds take 4:30, and I've played a bit faster at times, but usually plan on 4:30, that is the pace of play maker. They have time stamps at 9 and 17 that you have to punch your card and if you are not on time or too far behind the group in front they will assess a penalty. There are usually about 5-6 flights if I remember correctly. Usually the 10+ guys play from the white tees, 10- gold, and they have a gross flight that plays from the back. The regular events are every other Saturday. They have a season long match play individual and team, where you schedule your time against your opponent on whatever day/time works best for you, just has to be completed by a certain date. The member guest is a lot of fun, but a little pricey, but it is two days of golf, Saturday/Sunday, then a horserace Friday night and lunch both days I think. We also got a lot of swag including a couple of boxes of ProV's. They play interclub matches that are pretty easy to get into, and pretty fun as well. They also have a heaven and hell event, where 9 holes are super easy, 9 incredibly difficult, a red tee challenge and a Ryder Cup event. I believe, once you are a member, you are a CGA member as well, which allows for early booking of tee time, and slightly better rates. One thing I don't like is that you can't book as a single online, you have to call the proshop. Just kind of a pain as I play mostly as a single. I do like taking a caddy every once in a while. The thing you have to keep in mind about their caddies, is that is a "caddy academy", they are teaching kids to caddy to feed into the big private clubs, so they expect you to help the caddies learn etiquette and what to do, but technically they are free, you only need to throw them a tip. Hope this helps. Let me know if you've got any other questions.

My son had a young man caddieing for him, just a real small, younger kid. He was so short we had to adjust the straps on the bag so he could keep it off the ground!

They really are basically just bag carriers, and seem pretty quiet. My son, who is a minister in Denver and makes friends easily (and with everyone) did have all three of them talking quite a bit before we were done. It’s a neat deal.

Common Ground is certainly more open than Meadow Hills. I heard that pseudoswede won't play there cause the treeline only allows him to play 25 yards of hook.

I can play there. I just have to aim at the right edge of the fairway and hope I don't hit the houses on the left side or Parker Rd. Of all of the courses in the south Denver area, if I were to "settle down" and join a men's club, I would probably join Meadow Hills.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Common Ground is certainly more open than Meadow Hills. I heard that pseudoswede won't play there cause the treeline only allows him to play 25 yards of hook.

I can play there. I just have to aim at the right edge of the fairway and hope I don't hit the houses on the left side or Parker Rd. Of all of the courses in the south Denver area, if I were to "settle down" and join a men's club, I would probably join Meadow Hills.

All the times we’ve been down around Cherry Creek reservoir, I didn’t even know that course was there.

My son had a young man caddieing for him, just a real small, younger kid. He was so short we had to adjust the straps on the bag so he could keep it off the ground!

They really are basically just bag carriers, and seem pretty quiet. My son, who is a minister in Denver and makes friends easily (and with everyone) did have all three of them talking quite a bit before we were done. It’s a neat deal.

Ha, that reminds me of the scene in Caddyshack where the kid is trying to pickup Rodney Dangerfield’s bag.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Ha, that reminds me of the scene in Caddyshack where the kid is trying to pickup Rodney Dangerfield’s bag.

Ha, I hadn’t thought of that, but it does.

Meadow hills is a great men's club!

I joined last year, and have had a great time and enjoyed just about everyone i have played with.

Would like to see some of you join next year, welcome to join me on Mondays my usual tee time for Monday 9 holes is about 4pm.

Glad to see there are other good options in the area. Especially when I've heard mostly negative things about a couple of them.

The one thing I do miss about FRGC is the variety. It's kinda cool to play different courses for each event. On the other hand playing at the same place has its advantages as well. You get to know a lot of the staff and sort of become a regular there. And if you have a bad hole or round you know you can always learn from your mistakes and redeem yourself in the next one.

I think that as long as the guys in the league are honest and fair, it's probably going to be enjoyable. After that I think the next most important thing is to have a variety of events. Playing nothing but stroke play every single time out does get stale for me personally. Glad our men's club does a handful of different ones as well. Ryder Cup being the true standout event that you have to earn a spot into.

Meadow hills is a great men's club!

I joined last year, and have had a great time and enjoyed just about everyone i have played with.

Would like to see some of you join next year, welcome to join me on Mondays my usual tee time for Monday 9 holes is about 4pm.

Glad to see there are other good options in the area. Especially when I've heard mostly negative things about a couple of them.

The one thing I do miss about FRGC is the variety. It's kinda cool to play different courses for each event. On the other hand playing at the same place has its advantages as well. You get to know a lot of the staff and sort of become a regular there. And if you have a bad hole or round you know you can always learn from your mistakes and redeem yourself in the next one.

I think that as long as the guys in the league are honest and fair, it's probably going to be enjoyable. After that I think the next most important thing is to have a variety of events. Playing nothing but stroke play every single time out does get stale for me personally. Glad our men's club does a handful of different ones as well. Ryder Cup being the true standout event that you have to earn a spot into.

Is FRGC not happening for 2019 or you just not doing it again? Just wondering by your statement "The one thing I do miss about FRGC...."

The one thing I do miss about FRGC is the variety. It's kinda cool to play different courses for each event.

Could join the Golfweek Am Tour with me! I'm on my 3rd year doing it, and I really enjoy it.

Jacob is that the one associated with the Golf Channel? I see commercial for it but never looked into it.

@CDM

I haven’t played in FRGC in years. Price is a little higher than I’d like, but it’s a really solid group and would recommend it to anyone who has the means.

I’ve played the last 5 years at The Links in Highlands Ranch. It’s only a par 62, but the greens are awesome and it’s an easy walk. Men’s league is exactly what I was looking for.

The one thing I do miss about FRGC is the variety. It's kinda cool to play different courses for each event.

Could join the Golfweek Am Tour with me! I'm on my 3rd year doing it, and I really enjoy it.

Aren’t those events really pricey as well?

Jacob is that the one associated with the Golf Channel? I see commercial for it but never looked into it.

Two separate "tours". Golf Channel Am Tour, and GolfWeek Am Tour. Golf Channel one is more expensive, and has less local events. You'd have to travel a lot more.

GolfWeek one gets you a free subscription to the magazine (which I couldn't care less about), and every event is within 30-45 minutes of Denver. Usually closer than further.

Kinda/sorta. They range from $115-$125.

So yeah, expensive when you think a normal round would cost about half that at these courses. But it's competitive and has a pretty cool group of guys that play out there. And you can also travel and play in any event in any city/chapter there is a presence. I flew down to play in a 2 day tournament in Vegas last January. And there is always a 2 day tournament at TPC Scottsdale in September. $250 entry fee and you play both the Stadium and Championship courses.

Two separate "tours". Golf Channel Am Tour, and GolfWeek Am Tour. Golf Channel one is more expensive, and has less local events. You'd have to travel a lot more.

GolfWeek one gets you a free subscription to the magazine (which I couldn't care less about), and every event is within 30-45 minutes of Denver. Usually closer than further.

So yeah, expensive when you think a normal round would cost about half that at these courses. But it's competitive and has a pretty cool group of guys that play out there. And you can also travel and play in any event in any city/chapter there is a presence. I flew down to play in a 2 day tournament in Vegas last January. And there is always a 2 day tournament at TPC Scottsdale in September. $250 entry fee and you play both the Stadium and Championship courses.

That sounds interesting. Are they all played on Saturday?

That sounds interesting. Are they all played on Saturday?

Yup! There are two 2-day events. The "mid season 'Major'", and the year end tournament. Both previous years, the Mid-Season Major was a 2-day event at CommonGround, with the year end being held at GVR. This year they are switching it up and doing 2 days at Legacy for the Mid-Season, and Dunes/Knolls for the season ender.

We're playing two courses twice this season (Walnut Creek and Riverdale Dunes), which has never happened before. Always a few courses changed out each season. This year we're playing Buffalo Run and Raccoon Creek for the first time since I've joined. But Plum Creek is missing from the lineup.

Full schedule is posted too! vhttp://www.gwatdenver.com

Also, just got my yearly order of custom Vice balls for the season. Only ordered 2 dozen this time around, because their website no longer allows logos/photos to be printed on the Neon balls, and I don't really like playing white anymore. So I got 2 dozen on white, and will probably order some blank Neon's if I need to replenish.

Man, I want to join that one with you, but I'm never home. And with Gold Cup this summer, I'm on the road from late May to mid-July. Not conducive to regular play.