Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

Speaking of Bandon..... Anyone have a courses they plan on "checking" off this year? I was informed (by the wife, not by choice lol) I am "limited" for golf travel this year. /cough cough

I was able to sneak in Pinehurst next month (barring weather) because it is crazy cheap. I guess we will be spending our time off back home in Montana with family. At least I will be able to hit up a few favorites back home.

Edit: tossed a few links to some excellent tracks in Montana I would say you have to try for sure if you ever get to up there.

https://wildernesscl...ontana.com/ *Rank this as one the best courses I have played minus 2 - 3 holes....

http://stockfarm.com...Course.aspx

https://www.oldworks...dworks.org/ *Hate Nicklaus courses for the record but its a good one =)

Just booked my annual golf trip with my college buddies, and we're going to Sea Pines in Hilton Head: https://www.seapines.com/golf/

I'm so damn excited. We're playing Harbor Town once which, as you may know, hosts the RBC Heritage tournament. The tournament is April 15-21, and we're playing there on May 3, so we should basically have PGA tour conditions for our round :nyam:

The day before that we're playing Atlantic Dunes twice, and the day after we're playing Heron Point twice. So 5 rounds in 3 days, shouldn't be too shabby.

Oh, and we're flying into Greenville (my buddy lives there so we're going to drive out to Hilton Head together) and will play at his country club one time: http://www.gccsc.com/golf

We're going to play the Chanticleer course. I've played once before and it is insanely hard. It's rated 150/74.9 from the tips. I'm scared.

Anyway, got lots of work to do between now and then in terms of getting my game ready. Should be fun!

We're going to play the Chanticleer course. I've played once before and it is insanely hard. It's rated 150/74.9 from the tips. I'm scared.

Wow, that’s almost up there with Karsten Creek. I think I’d have to play that one from the ladies tees.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

Wow, that’s almost up there with Karsten Creek. I think I’d have to play that one from the ladies tees.

Oh, me too. It’s narrow, long, and has lots of OB everywhere. Beautiful course but so hard. I think Bill Haas and his dad are members there, so maybe we’ll get paired up and I can get some tips :)

Speaking of Bandon..... Anyone have a courses they plan on "checking" off this year? I was informed (by the wife, not by choice lol) I am "limited" for golf travel this year. /cough cough

I was able to sneak in Pinehurst next month (barring weather) because it is crazy cheap. I guess we will be spending our time off back home in Montana with family. At least I will be able to hit up a few favorites back home.

Edit: tossed a few links to some excellent tracks in Montana I would say you have to try for sure if you ever get to up there.

https://wildernesscl...ontana.com/ *Rank this as one the best courses I have played minus 2 - 3 holes....

http://stockfarm.com...Course.aspx

https://www.oldworks...dworks.org/ *Hate Nicklaus courses for the record but its a good one =)

Just booked my annual golf trip with my college buddies, and we're going to Sea Pines in Hilton Head: https://www.seapines.com/golf/

I'm so damn excited. We're playing Harbor Town once which, as you may know, hosts the RBC Heritage tournament. The tournament is April 15-21, and we're playing there on May 3, so we should basically have PGA tour conditions for our round :nyam:

The day before that we're playing Atlantic Dunes twice, and the day after we're playing Heron Point twice. So 5 rounds in 3 days, shouldn't be too shabby.

Oh, and we're flying into Greenville (my buddy lives there so we're going to drive out to Hilton Head together) and will play at his country club one time: http://www.gccsc.com/golf

Anyway, got lots of work to do between now and then in terms of getting my game ready. Should be fun!

Sweet line up. That is a brutal course rating. Never played in the Hilton Head / Kiawah Island areas. Everyone says the early season deal for the Ocean Course is worth every penny.

Sweet line up. That is a brutal course rating. Never played in the Hilton Head / Kiawah Island areas. Everyone says the early season deal for the Ocean Course is worth every penny.

Just to age myself, I played golf at Kiawah Island before they even had the design of the Ocean Course on paper.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Congrats Queso that sounds that a great time. I bet you meet a ton of cool people along the way (but probably some real a******* too! haha).

Does the gig come with any playing privileges/opportunities?

Thanks! I’m prepared for Word not allowedholes, but hoping for some cool folks too to balance them out.

As for playing privileges, caddies can use all the practice facilities and can get out on the courses 30 min after the last tee time of the day. Not sure how much time that’ll equate to, but it should allow for some close to full rounds (hopefully).

Congrats. $100-$150 a round per bag is fairly standard. Usually there's a specified required rate less than $100 + tip with recommendations around $100, so you can get people who will stiff you and give less than $100, but you'll also get people giving more than $100. Once you've got a few months in at Bandon you should be able to get on elsewhere at private courses or other places and make it a year round gig. I know a few people that travel around the country doing that and rent houses with other caddies sharing costs/food as they move around. Not the life for someone with a family, but $50-60k a year in cash working outdoors with part time playing privileges on great courses isn't the worst life assuming you stay healthy. Double bagging when it's really hot and muggy in the summer can be brutal though.

My uncle fought with the caddie because the caddie said he would only carry three balls for the 36 hole day. My uncle, a self professed hack who cheats to have a 13, could not believe he would be able to finish the day without any more golf balls. They went back and forth and I think the bet settled on the caddie buying my uncle a drink or my uncle tipping an extra 300 bucks. Long story short, he made it the whole day and had to pay up. It was awesome and everyone had so much fun every time a ball went wayward. Props to the caddie because he walked right up to it every single time.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Just to age myself, I played golf at Kiawah Island before they even had the design of the Ocean Course on paper.

HAHAHA .... I am sure I am in the same boat based on age. Though having not played the area.

Congrats Queso that sounds that a great time. I bet you meet a ton of cool people along the way (but probably some real a******* too! haha).

Thanks! I’m prepared for Word not allowedholes, but hoping for some cool folks too to balance them out.

As for playing privileges, caddies can use all the practice facilities and can get out on the courses 30 min after the last tee time of the day. Not sure how much time that’ll equate to, but it should allow for some close to full rounds (hopefully).

Congrats. $100-$150 a round per bag is fairly standard. Usually there's a specified required rate less than $100 + tip with recommendations around $100, so you can get people who will stiff you and give less than $100, but you'll also get people giving more than $100. Once you've got a few months in at Bandon you should be able to get on elsewhere at private courses or other places and make it a year round gig. I know a few people that travel around the country doing that and rent houses with other caddies sharing costs/food as they move around. Not the life for someone with a family, but $50-60k a year in cash working outdoors with part time playing privileges on great courses isn't the worst life assuming you stay healthy. Double bagging when it's really hot and muggy in the summer can be brutal though.

My uncle fought with the caddie because the caddie said he would only carry three balls for the 36 hole day. My uncle, a self professed hack who cheats to have a 13, could not believe he would be able to finish the day without any more golf balls. They went back and forth and I think the bet settled on the caddie buying my uncle a drink or my uncle tipping an extra 300 bucks. Long story short, he made it the whole day and had to pay up. It was awesome and everyone had so much fun every time a ball went wayward. Props to the caddie because he walked right up to it every single time.

Why didn't your uncle carry some balls?

Why didn't your uncle carry some balls?

Because the caddy had some extra in his own pockets so he could earn an extra $300 :taunt:

As a non-wild 6-8 cap I think that if I had $300 on the line I could get around *most* courses with a sleeve of balls if that was my sole goal. But would I have 100% fun playing like that? no way.

I think my best recent stretch was 89 holes with one ball....to the point where I wanted to toss it in a lake or trash can. But on a course with big carries and non-stop trouble I would just have to hit to the safest area I could reasonably. If I had to play a tough course and try to shoot a score, well then I could easily dump a box of balls no problem.

As a non-wild 6-8 cap I think that if I had $300 on the line I could get around *most* courses with a sleeve of balls if that was my sole goal. But would I have 100% fun playing like that? no way.

I think my best recent stretch was 89 holes with one ball....to the point where I wanted to toss it in a lake or trash can. But on a course with big carries and non-stop trouble I would just have to hit to the safest area I could reasonably. If I had to play a tough course and try to shoot a score, well then I could easily dump a box of balls no problem.

The caddie was saying my uncle wouldn't lose the ball. The weird (and absolutely amazing) thing about Bandon courses is that its relatively hard to lose the ball if you know where it is. Think, the inverse of desert golf where anything that isn't in the middle of the fairway is probably lost. He had tons of penalty strokes and couldn't hit out of many locations but there are not that many spots where the ball is gone if you're aiming on normal lines. Those caddies have eagle eyes and the one we had knew exactly where they'd be.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

Congrats on the caddy gig, Queso! That's going to be an awesome experience. Also, this 24 hour access to D'Lance is really bad for my sleep schedule. I went there from 11:00pm until 2:00am last night. Then drove the 30 minutes back home. All to wake up at 6:30am for work today. I'm dead.

Wow, how many shots did you hit in the 3 hours?

Congrats on the caddy gig, Queso! That's going to be an awesome experience.

Also, this 24 hour access to D'Lance is really bad for my sleep schedule. I went there from 11:00pm until 2:00am last night. Then drove the 30 minutes back home. All to wake up at 6:30am for work today. I'm dead.

Damn dude. Then again I'd probably do the same thing if it was closer to me. I'm glad Fairways closes at 9pm

It a a lovely day in Greeley today. Over 40*, and wind speed almost equal that. Wish there was an indoor place here.

I think Pelican Lakes in Windsor has some indoor simulators you can use (though not like a membership at D'lance):

https://pelicanlakeswindsor.com/the-sand-bar/

Not Cheap though:

• Regular Sim (Nicklaus & Palmer): $50/hour
  • Private Sim (Funk Room): $75/hour
  • Full golf members receive 50% discount; social members receive 30%

Plus there's golf dynamics that you can rent out a bays for 30min or 1hour sessions:

https://www.golfdynamics287.com/

I take lessons at Golf Dynamics, Derrick the owner is a great guy.

Might want to call to see if there are other delas, but here's what's on the web page for practice sessions:

Private Punch Card

• 10 One Hour Punch Card Includes Use of V1 Video System $159.
  • Individual Video Practice Sessions
  • Half Hour Practice with V1 $12.
  • Hour Practice with V1 $22.
  • Hour Practice with V1 and Trackman Launch Monitor $35.

The Highland Meadows portion from Golf Dynamics is outdoor unfortunately, no simulators there. Simulators are just at the Shop which is over in Loveland, near the Walmart on 287.

I do think you can hit balls at Golf Dynamics and Use the GC2. Definitely give them a call and see what they can hook you up with.

As part of my lesson package I have like 10 1hour Bay Rentals, that I just schedule a time and go over and use them just like range sessions.

Might just be the times I'm there, but I've not seen all 3 hitting bays used at once, so they should have some openings.

Unfortuatnely, not 24hour access either. If that could happen it would be amazing as I could get there for times around 8-9pm and have less work conflicts

Congrats on the caddy gig, Queso! That's going to be an awesome experience. Also, this 24 hour access to D'Lance is really bad for my sleep schedule. I went there from 11:00pm until 2:00am last night. Then drove the 30 minutes back home. All to wake up at 6:30am for work today. I'm dead.

Ran a Trackman Combine, a few other skills challenges, about an hour on the virtual driving range, 18 hole course game play, then a 18 hole Par 3 course.

I got a lot of swings in, that's for sure. And have the blisters to prove it.

Ran a Trackman Combine, a few other skills challenges, about an hour on the virtual driving range, 18 hole course game play, then a 18 hole Par 3 course.

That sounds a hell of a lot better than my day. I tried to go visit my brother who is down in the Springs for a wedding (weird time/place for a wedding) but there was a 20 car pile-up on I-25 just past Larkspur. I took a detour and then couldn't go that way because a truck had jackknifed across one side to the other. I spent nearly 2 hours in the car, drove 54 miles only to end up back home.....sometimes I hate Colorado.

If I was single without a family and had that near my house I would be there at least 5 nights a week in the winter. No excuse for you not to get down to scratch now Jacob!

That sounds a hell of a lot better than my day. I tried to go visit my brother who is down in the Springs for a wedding (weird time/place for a wedding) but there was a 20 car pile-up on I-25 just past Larkspur. I took a detour and then couldn't go that way because a truck had jackknifed across one side to the other. I spent nearly 2 hours in the car, drove 54 miles only to end up back home.....sometimes I hate Colorado.

That sucks. I've been screwed so many times heading to either Colorado Springs or Bear Dance by accidents around Larkspur.

That sucks. I've been screwed so many times heading to either Colorado Springs or Bear Dance by accidents around Larkspur.

What is it about that area that does people in? I feel like traffic is always backed up in the same spots heading south.

Back to golf talk...

As a recovering club ho (how I discovered WRX in the first place) I’m making it a goal in 2019 to not purchase a single golf club for myself for the entire year. Bought 4 total last year and 2 were used and 2 were basically free via pro shop credit.

Any money I win this year will be going towards getting my wife a new driver and maybe a new push cart unless I can fix the brake on her current one. If I win more than that I’m just going to buy golf balls/clothing. I may even go into full old man mode and get a pair of Sketchers golf shoes. I can’t even walk 9 in soft spikes without paying for it. Damn flat feet.

Back to golf talk...

As a recovering club ho (how I discovered WRX in the first place) I’m making it a goal in 2019 to not purchase a single golf club for myself for the entire year. Bought 4 total last year and 2 were used and 2 were basically free via pro shop credit.

Any money I win this year will be going towards getting my wife a new driver and maybe a new push cart unless I can fix the brake on her current one. If I win more than that I’m just going to buy golf balls/clothing. I may even go into full old man mode and get a pair of Sketchers golf shoes. I can’t even walk 9 in soft spikes without paying for it. Damn flat feet.

I said the same thing about not buying any new clubs. That lasted about a week.

I've currently resisted the temptation to shell out for a new (used) hybrid. Between the unused 4 iron taking up space, buying and then re-shafting with the right shaft, and re-gripping, it just isn't worth it. I'd rather have the cash to play.

I'm glad I restocked on balls before I went to Europe and Vice honored a year old promise to send an extra dozen for free. So I'm sitting on 2+ year's worth of balls at the current frequency I play/rate I lose balls. I love that!

Back to golf talk...

As a recovering club ho (how I discovered WRX in the first place) I'm making it a goal in 2019 to not purchase a single golf club for myself for the entire year. Bought 4 total last year and 2 were used and 2 were basically free via pro shop credit.

Any money I win this year will be going towards getting my wife a new driver and maybe a new push cart unless I can fix the brake on her current one. If I win more than that I'm just going to buy golf balls/clothing. I may even go into full old man mode and get a pair of Sketchers golf shoes. I can't even walk 9 in soft spikes without paying for it. Damn flat feet.

What did you buy?

Back to golf talk...

As a recovering club ho (how I discovered WRX in the first place) I'm making it a goal in 2019 to not purchase a single golf club for myself for the entire year. Bought 4 total last year and 2 were used and 2 were basically free via pro shop credit.

Any money I win this year will be going towards getting my wife a new driver and maybe a new push cart unless I can fix the brake on her current one. If I win more than that I'm just going to buy golf balls/clothing. I may even go into full old man mode and get a pair of Sketchers golf shoes. I can't even walk 9 in soft spikes without paying for it. Damn flat feet.

What did you buy?

I replaced the MD3 wedges with some blue T7s. The deal RBG was running was too good to pass up

Back to golf talk...

Back to golf talk...

I caved....but blaming the family for it :glare: . Picked up new Driver/4-pw this year. All in I am at $703.07 out of pocket (taxes included) so really not "bad" but still 7 bills that could be used on rounds. *Getting $500 in gift cards from wife / sister / parents for the holidays helped. Plus with the 50% trade in/up bonus I was able to get $640 for old irons + driver so helped alot

Edit: on the trade in bonus it was through Cally and have to have cally qualifying products. They gave some killer trade in prices, no questions asked. Now I had a "friend" help /cough on the driver =) Since I went TS3 this time around.