Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

You all suck for going golfing and skiing. I have to finish painting the 15-foot wall in my bedroom.

Hopefully we're in for a warm spell. My $179 room at the Broadmoor will feel a lot more worth it if I can play a little golf next weekend.

I'm going there on the 15th and hoping the same. The free holes open in the winter are pretty good.

Alright Joker, Deadsolid, & Seven Dewey, we're on for friday at Highland Meadows 12:40. Total after the discount was $25.60 each, so if you guys can try to bring cash/venmo/paypal etc for me that'd be swell :)

See you guys Friday!

Have fun, please post up the conditions. Playing Saturday at 11:10. Projecting 56-57 Saturday and very little wind but its Colorado (Crossing fingers) Only booked a twosome right now if anyone wants to join.

Edit: Still showing the 2 spots open as of this post

Alright Joker, Deadsolid, & Seven Dewey, we're on for friday at Highland Meadows 12:40. Total after the discount was $25.60 each, so if you guys can try to bring cash/venmo/paypal etc for me that'd be swell :)

See you guys Friday!

Have fun, please post up the conditions. Playing Saturday at 11:10. Projecting 56-57 Saturday and very little wind but its Colorado (Crossing fingers) Only booked a twosome right now if anyone wants to join.

Edit: Still showing the 2 spots open as of this post

I’llkeep watching it just in case something last minute comes up for me on Friday.

See you guys Friday!

Thanks for setting this up. And ignore my PM I responded to that first. 12:40 is perfect for me. Looking forward to playing a new course even in off season conditions

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

See you guys Friday!

Thanks for setting this up. And ignore my PM I responded to that first. 12:40 is perfect for me. Looking forward to playing a new course even in off season conditions

No problem! ...and ignore my PM, I responded to it first too haha

I think you’ll dig it. At least I hope so considering how much I talk it up on here!

See you guys Friday!

I think you’ll dig it. At least I hope so considering how much I talk it up on here!

So jealous of you guys playing this weekend. This month long work odyssey is killing me.

ETA: Anyone been skiing/snowboarding at Whistler Blackcomb? Going in March and wouldn't mind recommendations on places to eat/drink.

ETA: Anyone been skiing/snowboarding at Whistler Blackcomb? Going in March and wouldn't mind recommendations on places to eat/drink.

I've been there twice, but the last time was in 1996. I'm sure the eat/drink landscape has changed a lot since then. I do still remember how awesome Blackcomb Glacier is, though.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

See you guys Friday!

So jealous of you guys playing this weekend. This month long work odyssey is killing me.

Many times, last time was about 3 years ago. 3 day weekend with Wife, Sister and brother in law. We went mid week so it was mellow compared to weekends..

*Not easy to get too.. You coming from Seattle or straight out of Vancouver? Sister lives is in Seattle so not a bad drive. Growing up in Montana we would go through Fernie and cut over...Fernie actually has some decent skiing too.

I am not a fine dining person =) More a Triple D guy so not input on that side. A lot the food is pretty much "american" style if that makes sense. We ate at Fat Tony's (pizza) and is decentSplit (? I think name) was a decent burger. Eighty One Cafe was good but small, wife loved it and Mexican Corner *Mexican Corner was really really good I thought.

I heard the Irish pub in town is fun but was always to worn out to go. Don't recall the name.

Edit: There is a lot of places to eat but if you go on the weekend they fill up fast and most are not large places so the wait can be long.

See you guys Friday!

Many times, last time was about 3 years ago. 3 day weekend with Wife, Sister and brother in law. We went mid week so it was mellow compared to weekends..

*Not easy to get too.. You coming from Seattle or straight out of Vancouver? Sister lives is in Seattle so not a bad drive. Growing up in Montana we would go through Fernie and cut over...Fernie actually has some decent skiing too.

I am not a fine dining person =) More a Triple D guy so not input on that side. A lot the food is pretty much "american" style if that makes sense. We ate at Fat Tony's (pizza) and is decentSplit (? I think name) was a decent burger. Eighty One Cafe was good but small, wife loved it and Mexican Corner *Mexican Corner was really really good I thought.

I heard the Irish pub in town is fun but was always to worn out to go. Don't recall the name.

Edit: There is a lot of places to eat but if you go on the weekend they fill up fast and most are not large places so the wait can be long.

I'll be there March 9 - March 16. Looking forward to some mellow weekdays. I may skip riding on Sunday altogether.

Snowboarding three or four days. Going to try to get some snowshoeing with my wife in as well. We're all over the map on food, so I appreciate the tips!

Joker and Seven, I’ll be the short old guy with a red Sun Mountain bag on an old black push cart.

Yes Queso, carrying once was enough! Picked up my old push cart last time I went back to Nebraska.

I don’t blame ya! I told myself I was gonna carry, but I just got home from a soccer game and I’m definitely feelin the effects so we’ll see how sore I am when I wake up tomorrow hahaha

Murphy Creek just sent out an e-mail saying "all clubs, shoes, and golf bags are 40% off" through the end of the month. Not sure what that exactly means. If it's like most sporting goods store exclusions, that means nothing is on sale.

Murphy Creek just sent out an e-mail saying "all clubs, shoes, and golf bags are 40% off" through the end of the month. Not sure what that exactly means. If it's like most sporting goods store exclusions, that means nothing is on sale.

Everything is normal retail price, so like you note it means nothing. I was there 2 weeks ago and it was only 25%. They had few items but better online. If still available, at 40% off a few items could be a good deal. Limited in what they had two weeks ago though.

Looks like TopGolf is licensing their simulator business to hotels. Decent way to grab some mid-week business travelers with corporate expense accounts, as well as random people off the street who want an indoor simulator experience. There is one at the Radisson near 225 & Parker. Rates as low as $30/hr if you book four hours.

https://www.radisson.com/aurora-hotel-co-80014/usadsco/hotel/topgolf

The first two pictures are painful to look at.

I’m kidding in the post above if that was not painfully obvious.

Highland Meadows was a fun course. Definitely requires some course knowledge on a few holes. Queso was able to provide that, however he plays a different game than us mere mortals. Crazy how little snow they have up there. I’m jealous.

Had a great time today, thanks for allowing me to tag along. Not sure when it will be playable down south

Highland Meadows was a fun course. Definitely requires some course knowledge on a few holes. Queso was able to provide that, however he plays a different game than us mere mortals. Crazy how little snow they have up there. I’m jealous.

Had a great time today, thanks for allowing me to tag along. Not sure when it will be playable down south

The only thing more painful was looking at how they held the club in those pictures...yikes.

Glad we all got out, it was a good time! ...aside from the 37 putts, anyway hahaha

The only thing more painful was looking at how they held the club in those pictures...yikes.

Glad we all got out, it was a good time! ...aside from the 37 putts, anyway hahaha

Yeah as someone who uses a baseball grip, I still don’t understand how anyone can hit the ball with a split grip.

It was a good time, really liked that course. I counted 38 putts for me and I didn't even putt on 2 holes. Winter greens man

It was a good time, really liked that course. I counted 38 putts for me and I didn't even putt on 2 holes. Winter greens man

I shoulda known it was gonna be a rough day after the debacle on #1 haha

I shoulda known it was gonna be a rough day after the debacle on #1 haha

We played it today. Funny you mention Hole 1. Hit a "mehhh" drive up the left so I just aimed at the big tree, easy 8 iron then wedge to green. 2 in guys in the group...."WTH man go over the bunkers on the left you got this..........." Both went in the WATER :tongue:

We played the tips, not my choice. Scarped around a 4 over on front, friend was even with 2 penlity strokes. ! Backside 3 birdies / 2 bogeys 1 par in the frist 6 holes. Started feeling good. Then the wheels fell off on the last 3 holes... it was a train wreck coming in LOL

Hole 13 from the back is crazy. 248 Par 3 over the arroyo !! I thought I had played HM prior but after first hole I realized I was thinking Saddleback. We played with two great guys that came down from Cheyenne.