Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @rgk5 said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @JakeW13 said:

> > > > Where are all the reviews guys? I've seen one person leave an in-depth review, but I was expecting more of you to come back in here and share your findings after having a few rounds under your belts.

> > >

> > > Ain’t nobody playing this set. Lol.

> >

> > Now now...:) I personally find reviews from the members here basically the same over and over again. **They are always the next coming, perfect trajectory, feel like butter, EASILY worked both ways, can hit all 3 TRAJ windows and Tiger's 9 shot shapes on command**. Does that cover it? :) Keep in mind while you are reading said review there is a new set of irons listed in the members signature...

>

> All of this experienced by the average 11 handicapper, of course. ;)

Ball striking is a strength, they would be +1 if they putted better.

• Like 1

> @denvergolf said:

> > @rgk5 said:

> > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @JakeW13 said:

> > > > > Where are all the reviews guys? I've seen one person leave an in-depth review, but I was expecting more of you to come back in here and share your findings after having a few rounds under your belts.

> > > >

> > > > Ain’t nobody playing this set. Lol.

> > >

> > > Now now...:) I personally find reviews from the members here basically the same over and over again. **They are always the next coming, perfect trajectory, feel like butter, EASILY worked both ways, can hit all 3 TRAJ windows and Tiger's 9 shot shapes on command**. Does that cover it? :) Keep in mind while you are reading said review there is a new set of irons listed in the members signature...

> >

> > All of this experienced by the average 11 handicapper, of course. ;)

>

> Ball striking is a strength, they would be +1 if they putted better.

So are we agreeing that nobody is playing these or ?

The irony blows my mind. Been trying to order a new set of irons for 3 months. Never dreamed it was this hard to get a set of clubs. To play. You’d really think that nobody is making an MB now until you pay for it. What a shame.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @rgk5 said:

> > > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @JakeW13 said:

> > > > > > Where are all the reviews guys? I've seen one person leave an in-depth review, but I was expecting more of you to come back in here and share your findings after having a few rounds under your belts.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ain’t nobody playing this set. Lol.

> > > >

> > > > Now now...:) I personally find reviews from the members here basically the same over and over again. **They are always the next coming, perfect trajectory, feel like butter, EASILY worked both ways, can hit all 3 TRAJ windows and Tiger's 9 shot shapes on command**. Does that cover it? :) Keep in mind while you are reading said review there is a new set of irons listed in the members signature...

> > >

> > > All of this experienced by the average 11 handicapper, of course. ;)

> >

> > Ball striking is a strength, they would be +1 if they putted better.

>

> So are we agreeing that nobody is playing these or ?

>

> The irony blows my mind. Been trying to order a new set of irons for 3 months. Never dreamed it was this hard to get a set of clubs. To play. You’d really think that nobody is making an MB now until you pay for it. What a shame.

I’ll be putting these into play after I get them set up (Loft, Lies, SW all checked, grips redone bc the ordering process for layers was confusing in the initial options). They’re with my club guy to get work done on them. When I dropped them off, we checked 3 irons. The SWs were spot on for those.

I’ve only hit the 6 iron (33* loft) 5 times, including once on a par 3. Against my better judgement, I let a friend hit a few, and he left the equivalent of an idiot mark on it. Nice sandy ball mark higher on the face...smh. Lesson learned.

All I can really say SO FAR is that they feel nice and have a nice high trajectory, which is my normal. The tungsten creates a different feel than the VR Pro; it’s like you’d get from a Mizuno True, Miura MC 501, or Callaway Apex because of the added mass behind the ball.

Of the 5 balls I hit, 4 were on the range and into a stiff breeze. The 5th one on a par 3, the distance didn’t provide any surprises. I won’t know until I get them back and put some time in with them.

• Like 1

> @bladehunter said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @rgk5 said:

> > > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @JakeW13 said:

> > > > > > Where are all the reviews guys? I've seen one person leave an in-depth review, but I was expecting more of you to come back in here and share your findings after having a few rounds under your belts.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ain’t nobody playing this set. Lol.

> > > >

> > > > Now now...:) I personally find reviews from the members here basically the same over and over again. **They are always the next coming, perfect trajectory, feel like butter, EASILY worked both ways, can hit all 3 TRAJ windows and Tiger's 9 shot shapes on command**. Does that cover it? :) Keep in mind while you are reading said review there is a new set of irons listed in the members signature...

> > >

> > > All of this experienced by the average 11 handicapper, of course. ;)

> >

> > Ball striking is a strength, they would be +1 if they putted better.

>

> So are we agreeing that nobody is playing these or ?

>

> The irony blows my mind. Been trying to order a new set of irons for 3 months. Never dreamed it was this hard to get a set of clubs. To play. You’d really think that nobody is making an MB now until you pay for it. What a shame.

I’m playing them. I like them. Your results may vary.

• Like 1

> @denvergolf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > @rgk5 said:

> > > > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @JakeW13 said:

> > > > > > > Where are all the reviews guys? I've seen one person leave an in-depth review, but I was expecting more of you to come back in here and share your findings after having a few rounds under your belts.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ain’t nobody playing this set. Lol.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now now...:) I personally find reviews from the members here basically the same over and over again. **They are always the next coming, perfect trajectory, feel like butter, EASILY worked both ways, can hit all 3 TRAJ windows and Tiger's 9 shot shapes on command**. Does that cover it? :) Keep in mind while you are reading said review there is a new set of irons listed in the members signature...

> > > >

> > > > All of this experienced by the average 11 handicapper, of course. ;)

> > >

> > > Ball striking is a strength, they would be +1 if they putted better.

> >

> > So are we agreeing that nobody is playing these or ?

> >

> > The irony blows my mind. Been trying to order a new set of irons for 3 months. Never dreamed it was this hard to get a set of clubs. To play. You’d really think that nobody is making an MB now until you pay for it. What a shame.

>

> I’m playing them. I like them. Your results may vary.

>

Not really aimed at you. I knew you’d play them. Just not like say a ping i210 thread where you have 30 guys telling you the good the bad the ugly. This thread had a couple unboxes, ad guy give a set to his nephew and the rest are ghosts. And it’s fine that they are wall hangers. Just I find the irony in that deafening. Literally the most technologically involved and improved Blade iron ever made ( off the rack ) aside from maybe the new ping offering , and it’s getting nearly zero talk going on play characteristics etc on the biggest golf gear head gathering on earth.

That’s just off.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I tested extensively with the 7 iron. Just not for me. They are reminiscent of the 730 as far as feel. Which I didn’t like. I also had the opportunity to weight out the heads with a friends set. They came in light. Barely on the good side. These aren’t Tiger head-weights and I’m not sure why TM would skimp out on head-weights? Maybe because of the designed lofts at TWs weight wouldn’t be a good combo? Curious where these are forged as well. I wanted to fall in love with these, but i feel TM version of Tigers irons weren’t up to my expectations. Not sure why they just wouldn’t spend more in material and make these spot on? Don’t get me wrong, absolutely the best looking blade out there. Just missed the details a bit, enough for me to pass on them. I was going to re order with logo down grips after TM messed up on my order. Details count...but it looks like the details in the heads are also a bit different. Bright side of things:

If you love the 730s and want something shaped nicer and a little bigger similar to VR PRO in shape you will love these! If you are looking for something similar to VR PRO then you will probably just like these. They feel different than the VR PRO. They feel like a new and improved 730. I just never was a fan of the 730s to begin with.

This isn’t a negative post regarding these irons. Just showing you how I felt and I won’t re order them. Lots of guys will love these and then there are some

like me that will be just like meh..

• Like 3

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Just picked these up from CC. Tiger Specs (length, lofts, grips, and D4 swingweight) all verified by the store. Only personal touch was I used my own +0.5 upright lie angles throughout and was fitted to a slightly different shaft than the X100s...Project X 6.5 LZ was the most consistent.

Hit them great when I picked them up. High flight with plenty of spin. Getting some rollback with the 8 iron which is new to me.

They feel more firm but are surprisingly forgiving..a few I thought I left the face wide open and only small pushes right. When you hit the sweet spot it feels amazing. This shaft combo is very consistent for me. I’m thrilled. Had been playing S300s since I was a kid and really needed something a bit more stout. We also dialed in all my numbers from Driver to 60 degree. I actually didn’t lose any difference from my Mizunos which were longer and stronger lofts. One caviat is since my PW is 49 degrees and carries about 140 I have to work on a 3/4 shot in between my 56 degree.

Pics qasnd2a199lo.jpeg

ib740tfsialp.jpeg

yc43spwchd8t.jpeg

14vahwik8wet.jpeg

9869ro27fd1e.jpeg

jp709bcn9nz7.jpeg

3ma5mqeqfzxc.jpeg

jpjqmnlyzchr.jpeg

or didnt happen.

Lol shots fired

• Like 1

001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

> @Golfingfanatic said:

>

> Mizzy bringing the heat on Twitter

Wow! 63 course record....

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @cota0429 said:

> I tested extensively with the 7 iron. Just not for me. They are reminiscent of the 730 as far as feel. Which I didn’t like. I also had the opportunity to weight out the heads with a friends set. They came in light. Barely on the good side. These aren’t Tiger head-weights and I’m not sure why TM would skimp out on head-weights? Maybe because of the designed lofts at TWs weight wouldn’t be a good combo? Curious where these are forged as well. I wanted to fall in love with these, but i feel TM version of Tigers irons weren’t up to my expectations. Not sure why they just wouldn’t spend more in material and make these spot on? Don’t get me wrong, absolutely the best looking blade out there. Just missed the details a bit, enough for me to pass on them. I was going to re order with logo down grips after TM messed up on my order. Details count...but it looks like the details in the heads are also a bit different. Bright side of things:

>

> If you love the 730s and want something shaped nicer and a little bigger similar to VR PRO in shape you will love these! If you are looking for something similar to VR PRO then you will probably just like these. They feel different than the VR PRO. They feel like a new and improved 730. I just never was a fan of the 730s to begin with.

>

> This isn’t a negative post regarding these irons. Just showing you how I felt and I won’t re order them. Lots of guys will love these and then there are some

> like me that will be just like meh..

It might help if you already have a custom set from mt -haha. My only disagreement with you would be the comparison to the 730. I really didn’t like that iron, and hated the sole width. I think the 7 tw are about the exact opposite.

• Like 1

Feel wise I thought they felt the same as the 730s. Sole width on TWs I would agree is way better than the 730. Close if not right on the VR PRO

> @denvergolf said:

> > @cota0429 said:

> > I tested extensively with the 7 iron. Just not for me. They are reminiscent of the 730 as far as feel. Which I didn’t like. I also had the opportunity to weight out the heads with a friends set. They came in light. Barely on the good side. These aren’t Tiger head-weights and I’m not sure why TM would skimp out on head-weights? Maybe because of the designed lofts at TWs weight wouldn’t be a good combo? Curious where these are forged as well. I wanted to fall in love with these, but i feel TM version of Tigers irons weren’t up to my expectations. Not sure why they just wouldn’t spend more in material and make these spot on? Don’t get me wrong, absolutely the best looking blade out there. Just missed the details a bit, enough for me to pass on them. I was going to re order with logo down grips after TM messed up on my order. Details count...but it looks like the details in the heads are also a bit different. Bright side of things:

> >

> > If you love the 730s and want something shaped nicer and a little bigger similar to VR PRO in shape you will love these! If you are looking for something similar to VR PRO then you will probably just like these. They feel different than the VR PRO. They feel like a new and improved 730. I just never was a fan of the 730s to begin with.

> >

> > This isn’t a negative post regarding these irons. Just showing you how I felt and I won’t re order them. Lots of guys will love these and then there are some

> > like me that will be just like meh..

>

> It might help if you already have a custom set from mt -haha. My only disagreement with you would be the comparison to the 730. I really didn’t like that iron, and hated the sole width. I think the 7 tw are about the exact opposite.

>

001 TW Proto

> @Golfingfanatic said:

>

> Mizzy bringing the heat on Twitter

Lol. Anybody hit those yet ? They do loook good

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Redjeep83 said:

> at least they didn't put that GI ferrule on them like the p730. Don't know why they used that on a blade, no pro's use that ferrule on the p730

Couldn’t agree more. Noticed none of the TM staffers use the stock retail ferrules with the ring. Also Wilson, Hogan other irons on tour have been solid black different than retail.

Update a played a round at Al Zorah Golf Club in Ajman, UAE today. I’m almost sure these are TW lofts - I’ve lost a club length of distance compared to my MC501 and 690MB, but I am absolutely blown away by these irons. Insanely accurate (was coming up short on the first couple of holes) once I figured out the yardages of each iron, hit more GIRs than I have ever hit. Ball flight was higher than any of my irons, but a strong flight. Balls landing on the green have very little run out, and I’ve never found it this easy to shape my shots. Never once failed to find the center of the club face - these irons really inspire confidence at address and the balance is so perfect for me that I can really get behind each shot.

I’m a believer now.

If my driver wasn’t all over the place today, I’d have easily shot in low 80s, despite gaming these for the first time.

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

> @cota0429 said:

>

> Feel wise I thought they felt the same as the 730s. Sole width on TWs I would agree is way better than the 730. Close if not right on the VR PRO

I just don't find that, but trying to debate feel is a fool's errand! You either like it or you don't. Thanks for your input.

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @cota0429 said:

> > > I tested extensively with the 7 iron. Just not for me. They are reminiscent of the 730 as far as feel. Which I didn’t like. I also had the opportunity to weight out the heads with a friends set. They came in light. Barely on the good side. These aren’t Tiger head-weights and I’m not sure why TM would skimp out on head-weights? Maybe because of the designed lofts at TWs weight wouldn’t be a good combo? Curious where these are forged as well. I wanted to fall in love with these, but i feel TM version of Tigers irons weren’t up to my expectations. Not sure why they just wouldn’t spend more in material and make these spot on? Don’t get me wrong, absolutely the best looking blade out there. Just missed the details a bit, enough for me to pass on them. I was going to re order with logo down grips after TM messed up on my order. Details count...but it looks like the details in the heads are also a bit different. Bright side of things:

> > >

> > > If you love the 730s and want something shaped nicer and a little bigger similar to VR PRO in shape you will love these! If you are looking for something similar to VR PRO then you will probably just like these. They feel different than the VR PRO. They feel like a new and improved 730. I just never was a fan of the 730s to begin with.

> > >

> > > This isn’t a negative post regarding these irons. Just showing you how I felt and I won’t re order them. Lots of guys will love these and then there are some

> > > like me that will be just like meh..

> >

> > It might help if you already have a custom set from mt -haha. My only disagreement with you would be the comparison to the 730. I really didn’t like that iron, and hated the sole width. I think the 7 tw are about the exact opposite.

> >

>

>

> @cota0429 said:

>

> Feel wise I thought they felt the same as the 730s. Sole width on TWs I would agree is way better than the 730. Close if not right on the VR PRO

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @cota0429 said:

> > > I tested extensively with the 7 iron. Just not for me. They are reminiscent of the 730 as far as feel. Which I didn’t like. I also had the opportunity to weight out the heads with a friends set. They came in light. Barely on the good side. These aren’t Tiger head-weights and I’m not sure why TM would skimp out on head-weights? Maybe because of the designed lofts at TWs weight wouldn’t be a good combo? Curious where these are forged as well. I wanted to fall in love with these, but i feel TM version of Tigers irons weren’t up to my expectations. Not sure why they just wouldn’t spend more in material and make these spot on? Don’t get me wrong, absolutely the best looking blade out there. Just missed the details a bit, enough for me to pass on them. I was going to re order with logo down grips after TM messed up on my order. Details count...but it looks like the details in the heads are also a bit different. Bright side of things:

> > >

> > > If you love the 730s and want something shaped nicer and a little bigger similar to VR PRO in shape you will love these! If you are looking for something similar to VR PRO then you will probably just like these. They feel different than the VR PRO. They feel like a new and improved 730. I just never was a fan of the 730s to begin with.

> > >

> > > This isn’t a negative post regarding these irons. Just showing you how I felt and I won’t re order them. Lots of guys will love these and then there are some

> > > like me that will be just like meh..

> >

> > It might help if you already have a custom set from mt -haha. My only disagreement with you would be the comparison to the 730. I really didn’t like that iron, and hated the sole width. I think the 7 tw are about the exact opposite.

> >

>

>

• Like 1

My findings after 3 full rounds are very positive. The only issue for me is feel not being as soft as I would prefer, but 2 of the 3 rounds I have played were in cold weather. Yesterday was mid 80's and the feel was significantly better. Who knows... I play either Pro V1X or Tour BX now.

I am extremely pleased with the great shape, and they were precisely on spec with L/L/L (not Tiger Specs here, 3* flat, std length and loft). I have always gone back and forth from blades to CB's (sometimes GI) but I always end up back in a blade style. It has been said many times before, but very reminiscent of VR Pros, which I loved. I did game 730's last year and did not get along with them very well, probably due to sole width... turf interaction was wonky. The TW's have much better turf interaction than the 730's, and a better forged iron feel on a marginal/good strike.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR3 14.5* GD AD IZ 7X

Titleist T200 3 iron GD AD DI HY

Titleist T150 4-PW DG Tour White

Titleist Vokey 48*, 54*, 60* DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

> @ghoonk said:

> Update a played a round at Al Zorah Golf Club in Ajman, UAE today. I’m almost sure these are TW lofts - I’ve lost a club length of distance compared to my MC501 and 690MB, but I am absolutely blown away by these irons. Insanely accurate (was coming up short on the first couple of holes) once I figured out the yardages of each iron, hit more GIRs than I have ever hit. Ball flight was higher than any of my irons, but a strong flight. Balls landing on the green have very little run out, and I’ve never found it this easy to shape my shots. Never once failed to find the center of the club face - these irons really inspire confidence at address and the balance is so perfect for me that I can really get behind each shot.

>

> I’m a believer now.

>

> If my driver wasn’t all over the place today, I’d have easily shot in low 80s, despite gaming these for the first time.

Glad they worked out well for you.

• Like 1

Been silent cause I haven't had much time to game mine. Had some tournaments so wasn't quite ready to throw them fully in the bag. Have them back in for this week and really been enjoying them. They are absolutely stunning and the face looks very big compared to most of the blades I have. Definitely agree with them being on the firmer side but I don't mind because they feel very solid and I feel like I haven't lost much distance.

> @GolfBum82 said:

> Just put my order in with my TM guy!

Nice. What time frame did they give you? Last time I looked on TM site it said mid July for a ship date.

> @GolfBum82 said:

> July 12.....hoping sooner

>

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > Just put my order in with my TM guy!

> >

> > Nice. What time frame did they give you? Last time I looked on TM site it said mid July for a ship date.

>

>

I wish you luck. But unless they get a shipment of heads in , there’s no chance you see them before mid July. I checked back in today. My shop still doesn’t have a set. Still saying mid June for their sets which were ordered day 1.

Now if you order 4-pw with some obscure shaft and grip , you could get them tomorrow it seems. Lol

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I’m hoping that TM is being conservative with these 60 day ship dates. We will see. Blade, when are your blueprint irons coming?

> @bladehunter said:

> > @GolfBum82 said:

> > July 12.....hoping sooner

> >

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > Just put my order in with my TM guy!

> > >

> > > Nice. What time frame did they give you? Last time I looked on TM site it said mid July for a ship date.

> >

> >

>

> I wish you luck. But unless they get a shipment of heads in , there’s no chance you see them before mid July. I checked back in today. My shop still doesn’t have a set. Still saying mid June for their sets which were ordered day 1.

>

> Now if you order 4-pw with some obscure shaft and grip , you could get them tomorrow it seems. Lol

> @bladehunter said:

> > @GolfBum82 said:

> > July 12.....hoping sooner

> >

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > Just put my order in with my TM guy!

> > >

> > > Nice. What time frame did they give you? Last time I looked on TM site it said mid July for a ship date.

> >

> >

>

> I wish you luck. But unless they get a shipment of heads in , there’s no chance you see them before mid July. I checked back in today. My shop still doesn’t have a set. Still saying mid June for their sets which were ordered day 1.

>

> Now if you order 4-pw with some obscure shaft and grip , you could get them tomorrow it seems. Lol

Not totally true. I was looking yesterday at ordering them with modus 120s 4-PW and MCC +4 grips and it was still telling me mid July....