2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Hammer22 said:

> > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > Wow prices are falling on the bay. Interesting

> > >

> > > They were way over priced to begin with..... 2K for a set of mass produced irons is ridic..... They arent limited edition 1 of 500 etc. They arent even made from the same metal Tiger used. You can get other blades for half the cost or less, Cobra's with 2 Tungsten plugs, Titleists, Mizuno's, Srixon, Callaway, Etc Etc

> > > That perform and feel just as good or better

> >

> > Some sense in this thread, but it has been entertaining.

> >

> > Maybe the massive depreciation will be lessened when this special comes out on TM's process with TW (6/3 @ 9PM ET on the Golf Channel):

>

> If MT isn’t the main character of that , it’s maybe telling 1/8th of the story. If that. These irons are a facsimile of a summation of hours upon hours of work , years before Tiger sighed with Taylormade.

Actually, I see it as TM mass producing MT’s R&D that happened over the last decade

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

> @ghoonk said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Hammer22 said:

> > > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > > Wow prices are falling on the bay. Interesting

> > > >

> > > > They were way over priced to begin with..... 2K for a set of mass produced irons is ridic..... They arent limited edition 1 of 500 etc. They arent even made from the same metal Tiger used. You can get other blades for half the cost or less, Cobra's with 2 Tungsten plugs, Titleists, Mizuno's, Srixon, Callaway, Etc Etc

> > > > That perform and feel just as good or better

> > >

> > > Some sense in this thread, but it has been entertaining.

> > >

> > > Maybe the massive depreciation will be lessened when this special comes out on TM's process with TW (6/3 @ 9PM ET on the Golf Channel):

> >

> > If MT isn’t the main character of that , it’s maybe telling 1/8th of the story. If that. These irons are a facsimile of a summation of hours upon hours of work , years before Tiger sighed with Taylormade.

>

> Actually, I see it as TM mass producing MT’s R&D that happened over the last decade

Except the material used , details of tungsten placement, wooden dowels and the loft vs sole grind questions .

I’m not saying that for any purpose except accuracy.

As for the video. I just wonder if it will be a spin piece explaining how “TM and tiger worked for hours on end to make this set “. Or will it tell the truth and say “ we tried to make him several sets. And finally brought MT on board as a consultant and paid for his work and laser scanned his irons to be able to mill a set.” Then the video could chronicle their refinement of that program to be able to mill a set accurately. Otherwise it’s just pure BS. Why ? Cause from the Phase 1 iron back he’s had an artisan player number on the hosel. There wasn’t any research needed until TM tried to make a set. And we can all see that what they’ve done is build a set of data points into a milling program to be able to closely copy the old irons. With tweaks to be sure and fair. But tweaks most likely due to the machines not being able to replicate hand work. Then they release these to retail , as I said , as close facsimiles of that iron.

I’m sure the video will be a huge fluff piece lauding TM achievements of building this set. Lol. Truth is that a entire team tried and failed. Until they paid for the recipe.

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @ghoonk said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Hammer22 said:

> > > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > > Wow prices are falling on the bay. Interesting

> > > >

> > > > They were way over priced to begin with..... 2K for a set of mass produced irons is ridic..... They arent limited edition 1 of 500 etc. They arent even made from the same metal Tiger used. You can get other blades for half the cost or less, Cobra's with 2 Tungsten plugs, Titleists, Mizuno's, Srixon, Callaway, Etc Etc

> > > > That perform and feel just as good or better

> > >

> > > Some sense in this thread, but it has been entertaining.

> > >

> > > Maybe the massive depreciation will be lessened when this special comes out on TM's process with TW (6/3 @ 9PM ET on the Golf Channel):

> >

> > If MT isn’t the main character of that , it’s maybe telling 1/8th of the story. If that. These irons are a facsimile of a summation of hours upon hours of work , years before Tiger sighed with Taylormade.

>

> Actually, I see it as TM mass producing MT’s R&D that happened over the last decade

Who is MT?

> @jonwil said:

> > @ghoonk said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Hammer22 said:

> > > > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > > > Wow prices are falling on the bay. Interesting

> > > > >

> > > > > They were way over priced to begin with..... 2K for a set of mass produced irons is ridic..... They arent limited edition 1 of 500 etc. They arent even made from the same metal Tiger used. You can get other blades for half the cost or less, Cobra's with 2 Tungsten plugs, Titleists, Mizuno's, Srixon, Callaway, Etc Etc

> > > > > That perform and feel just as good or better

> > > >

> > > > Some sense in this thread, but it has been entertaining.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe the massive depreciation will be lessened when this special comes out on TM's process with TW (6/3 @ 9PM ET on the Golf Channel):

> > >

> > > If MT isn’t the main character of that , it’s maybe telling 1/8th of the story. If that. These irons are a facsimile of a summation of hours upon hours of work , years before Tiger sighed with Taylormade.

> >

> > Actually, I see it as TM mass producing MT’s R&D that happened over the last decade

>

> Who is MT?

Mike Taylor. Tigers iron and wedge maker.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @jonwil said:

> > > @ghoonk said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @Hammer22 said:

> > > > > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > > > > Wow prices are falling on the bay. Interesting

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They were way over priced to begin with..... 2K for a set of mass produced irons is ridic..... They arent limited edition 1 of 500 etc. They arent even made from the same metal Tiger used. You can get other blades for half the cost or less, Cobra's with 2 Tungsten plugs, Titleists, Mizuno's, Srixon, Callaway, Etc Etc

> > > > > > That perform and feel just as good or better

> > > > >

> > > > > Some sense in this thread, but it has been entertaining.

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe the massive depreciation will be lessened when this special comes out on TM's process with TW (6/3 @ 9PM ET on the Golf Channel):

> > > >

> > > > If MT isn’t the main character of that , it’s maybe telling 1/8th of the story. If that. These irons are a facsimile of a summation of hours upon hours of work , years before Tiger sighed with Taylormade.

> > >

> > > Actually, I see it as TM mass producing MT’s R&D that happened over the last decade

> >

> > Who is MT?

>

> Mike Taylor. Tigers iron and wedge maker.

Thanks.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @ghoonk said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Hammer22 said:

> > > > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > > > Wow prices are falling on the bay. Interesting

> > > > >

> > > > > They were way over priced to begin with..... 2K for a set of mass produced irons is ridic..... They arent limited edition 1 of 500 etc. They arent even made from the same metal Tiger used. You can get other blades for half the cost or less, Cobra's with 2 Tungsten plugs, Titleists, Mizuno's, Srixon, Callaway, Etc Etc

> > > > > That perform and feel just as good or better

> > > >

> > > > Some sense in this thread, but it has been entertaining.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe the massive depreciation will be lessened when this special comes out on TM's process with TW (6/3 @ 9PM ET on the Golf Channel):

> > >

> > > If MT isn’t the main character of that , it’s maybe telling 1/8th of the story. If that. These irons are a facsimile of a summation of hours upon hours of work , years before Tiger sighed with Taylormade.

> >

> > Actually, I see it as TM mass producing MT’s R&D that happened over the last decade

>

> Except the material used , details of tungsten placement, wooden dowels and the loft vs sole grind questions .

>

> I’m not saying that for any purpose except accuracy.

>

> As for the video. I just wonder if it will be a spin piece explaining how “TM and tiger worked for hours on end to make this set “. Or will it tell the truth and say “ we tried to make him several sets. And finally brought MT on board as a consultant and paid for his work and laser scanned his irons to be able to mill a set.” Then the video could chronicle their refinement of that program to be able to mill a set accurately. Otherwise it’s just pure BS. Why ? Cause from the Phase 1 iron back he’s had an artisan player number on the hosel. There wasn’t any research needed until TM tried to make a set. And we can all see that what they’ve done is build a set of data points into a milling program to be able to closely copy the old irons. With tweaks to be sure and fair. But tweaks most likely due to the machines not being able to replicate hand work. Then they release these to retail , as I said , as close facsimiles of that iron.

>

> I’m sure the video will be a huge fluff piece lauding TM achievements of building this set. Lol. Truth is that a entire team tried and failed. Until they paid for the recipe.

Actually, I’d have to agree with you on most counts. Not sure if TW still uses wooden dowels though. Also, if TM paid for the recipe, that would mean we at least got something similar.

Regardless, these are pretty damn nice irons to play. :)

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

> @ghoonk said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @ghoonk said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @Hammer22 said:

> > > > > > @speeder757 said:

> > > > > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > > > > Wow prices are falling on the bay. Interesting

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They were way over priced to begin with..... 2K for a set of mass produced irons is ridic..... They arent limited edition 1 of 500 etc. They arent even made from the same metal Tiger used. You can get other blades for half the cost or less, Cobra's with 2 Tungsten plugs, Titleists, Mizuno's, Srixon, Callaway, Etc Etc

> > > > > > That perform and feel just as good or better

> > > > >

> > > > > Some sense in this thread, but it has been entertaining.

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe the massive depreciation will be lessened when this special comes out on TM's process with TW (6/3 @ 9PM ET on the Golf Channel):

> > > >

> > > > If MT isn’t the main character of that , it’s maybe telling 1/8th of the story. If that. These irons are a facsimile of a summation of hours upon hours of work , years before Tiger sighed with Taylormade.

> > >

> > > Actually, I see it as TM mass producing MT’s R&D that happened over the last decade

> >

> > Except the material used , details of tungsten placement, wooden dowels and the loft vs sole grind questions .

> >

> > I’m not saying that for any purpose except accuracy.

> >

> > As for the video. I just wonder if it will be a spin piece explaining how “TM and tiger worked for hours on end to make this set “. Or will it tell the truth and say “ we tried to make him several sets. And finally brought MT on board as a consultant and paid for his work and laser scanned his irons to be able to mill a set.” Then the video could chronicle their refinement of that program to be able to mill a set accurately. Otherwise it’s just pure BS. Why ? Cause from the Phase 1 iron back he’s had an artisan player number on the hosel. There wasn’t any research needed until TM tried to make a set. And we can all see that what they’ve done is build a set of data points into a milling program to be able to closely copy the old irons. With tweaks to be sure and fair. But tweaks most likely due to the machines not being able to replicate hand work. Then they release these to retail , as I said , as close facsimiles of that iron.

> >

> > I’m sure the video will be a huge fluff piece lauding TM achievements of building this set. Lol. Truth is that a entire team tried and failed. Until they paid for the recipe.

>

> Actually, I’d have to agree with you on most counts. Not sure if TW still uses wooden dowels though. Also, if TM paid for the recipe, that would mean we at least got something similar.

>

> Regardless, these are pretty **** nice irons to play. :)

Yep. Not at all bagging on the irons. So yes. We agree quite a bit.

But I’d bet dollars to doughnut holes that this video is much more advertisement / marketing fluff than step by step truths on how we got to this point.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Finally have gotten some range and course time with these and couldn’t be more pleased. My iron play yesterday was the best it’s been in a while and would’ve shot a pb if it weren’t for 2 awful swings with the driver that lead to doubles

• Like 1

Tsr 3

Epic Flash 3w

Covert 5W

T100 4-P

MG3 52*

MG4 56* 

SM8 60* 

Oworks Tank Armlock

Z Star XV

> @GolfBum82 said:

> I’ve found myself growing impatient. I cancelled my order with TM and now gonna try and pick up a set either here or the bay.

Just sent you a PM.

TSR3 Tensei 1K White 60tx 

TM SiM2 Ti 15 Fuji Ventus Black 7x
TSR2 21 Tensei AV White 85tx
Artisan FC 4, HC 5-7, MB 8-pw DG TI 120 X-100 
Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 56 & 60
Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117

Pro V1

Got mine a few weeks back and have about 3 rounds with them but no range sessions. Really the only negative is I have enough rounds for the bag clatter to start showing up, which was expected but makes me sad.

Same shafts as my gamers and holy crap do these fly high. Not a bad high but different compared to my normal ball flight. I love it in my long irons. I did find that they are incredibly easy to flight down, especially the 75% 8, 9 and PW. I found myself hitting that shot a lot even without wind. Weirdly they are flying further than my gamers but only by a 1/2 club at the very most on the best of swings. I haven't fully determined if that is from the clubs or just some decent iron play as of late. I am going to take a few of my gamers out this weekend to test out. Turf interaction is amazing as well. On par or better than the 745/945s.

Overall extremely happy with the purchase. Right before the launch I was set to order some National Customs but decided to go this route instead because of....Tiger.... Trying to determine if they will stay or will I take a hit (which is completely fine) and complete my order with the National Custom.

• Like 2

I really need someone to compare these to the Cobra MBs. I'm gonna pull the trigger on one or the other soon just need some feedback.

• Like 1

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

> @bambam said:

> Looks like Mike Taylor will be featured in “The Tiger Woods Project”

>

>

Well good. I’d love to hear the whole story.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

I think they are finally catching up. When I went in Tuesday to pick up my Blueprints, they said they had a set of stock Tiger irons for me (did put my name in but late April). Said thanks but had already got a custom set elsewhere. While testing the Blueprints got a call from another golf shop in the East I had put my name in also late April saying they had a stock set for me. Obviously declined both sets, but seems like an indication they are catching up or starting the June run. Of course both shops still had waiting lists. Maybe these won’t be as bad as the P790s..

> @cota0429 said:

> I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with head weights again?

> @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > @cota0429 said:

> > I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

>

> Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with head weights again?

Nothing.

> @denvergolf said:

> > @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > > @cota0429 said:

> > > I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

> >

> > Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with head weights again?

>

> Nothing.

Let me try...if its nothing....I'm not saying either way...is the issue being mentioned have to do with them not heavy enough... not light enough..or not consistent enough between heads...hypothetically I mean

> @Shakespeare said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > > > @cota0429 said:

> > > > I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

> > >

> > > Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with head weights again?

> >

> > Nothing.

>

> Let me try...if its nothing....I'm not saying either way...is the issue being mentioned have to do with them not heavy enough... not light enough..or not consistent enough between heads...hypothetically I mean

I was just being snarky. It seems we are on a mission (not you) to find anything that indicates Mike Taylor and GOD himself didn't collaborate on, producing headweights that were foretold via scripture in the early A.D. era. With all that said, they are mass produced irons, they aren't Tiger's clubs, the steel is marginally different, the head shape looks fantastic, they feel good, they are accurate if you are accurate, they don't dig which is nice, and they cost a lot. Those last 5 words have most people up in arms that they aren't exact replicas.

My irons are long gone, but still look forward to wat> @Shakespeare said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > > @cota0429 said:

> > > > I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

> > >

> > > Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with head weights again?

> >

> > Nothing.

>

> Let me try...if its nothing....I'm not saying either way...is the issue being mentioned have to do with them not heavy enough... not light enough..or not consistent enough between heads...hypothetically I mean

I'll just say they felt very light for supposedly being D3/D4. I'd be very curious to know if head weights are consistent throughout the set, but I doubt anyone has pulled heads yet to measure.

> @kekoa said:

> My irons are long gone, but still look forward to wat> @Shakespeare said:

> > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > > > > @cota0429 said:

> > > > > I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

> > > >

> > > > Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with head weights again?

> > >

> > > Nothing.

> >

> > Let me try...if its nothing....I'm not saying either way...is the issue being mentioned have to do with them not heavy enough... not light enough..or not consistent enough between heads...hypothetically I mean

>

> I'll just say they felt very light for supposedly being D3/D4. I'd be very curious to know if head weights are consistent throughout the set, but I doubt anyone has pulled heads yet to measure.

I had my set SW’d and pulled all my heads. They were all within .3 SW points to D3, which is pretty damn good for manufacturing consistency. D3 is TM’s target, even though Tiger’s spec is D4.

• Like 1

> @denvergolf said:

> > @Shakespeare said:

> > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > > I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

> > > >

> > > > Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with head weights again?

> > >

> > > Nothing.

> >

> > Let me try...if its nothing....I'm not saying either way...is the issue being mentioned have to do with them not heavy enough... not light enough..or not consistent enough between heads...hypothetically I mean

>

> I was just being snarky. It seems we are on a mission (not you) to find anything that indicates Mike Taylor and GOD himself didn't collaborate on, producing headweights that were foretold via scripture in the early A.D. era. With all that said, they are mass produced irons, they aren't Tiger's clubs, the steel is marginally different, the head shape looks fantastic, they feel good, they are accurate if you are accurate, they don't dig which is nice, and they cost a lot. Those last 5 words have most people up in arms that they aren't exact replicas.

Copy that...thx> @bambam said:

> > @kekoa said:

> > My irons are long gone, but still look forward to wat> @Shakespeare said:

> > > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > > @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > > > > > @cota0429 said:

> > > > > > I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

> > > > >

> > > > > Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with > @bambam said:

> > @kekoa said:

> > My irons are long gone, but still look forward to wat> @Shakespeare said:

> > > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > > @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > > > > > @cota0429 said:

> > > > > > I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

> > > > >

> > > > > Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with head weights again?

> > > >

> > > > Nothing.

> > >

> > > Let me try...if its nothing....I'm not saying either way...is the issue being mentioned have to do with them not heavy enough... not light enough..or not consistent enough between heads...hypothetically I mean

> >

> > I'll just say they felt very light for supposedly being D3/D4. I'd be very curious to know if head weights are consistent throughout the set, but I doubt anyone has pulled heads yet to measure.

>

> I had my set SW’d and pulled all my heads. They were all within .3 SW points to D3, which is pretty **** good for manufacturing consistency. D3 is TM’s target, even though Tiger’s spec is D4.

>

>

Do you have the headweight of the 5 iron for reference?

They aren’t TW weighted heads. If you are going to advertise TW irons... why not get the headweights the same as his?

By the way SW doesn’t mean much. You can do many things to hit the swingweight... length, plugs... powder...

I’m speaking for the ones that really wanted to know what’s it’s like to hit an actual TW iron. I have have been fortunate to have PLENTY of times! It is all in the headweight. Some of you are happy with your sets... that’s fine and all...but was really hoping with all the marketing going on that they would hit these on point. Then the spec sheet comes out at D3... I knew they couldn’t be TW weighted heads. When I say they are off they are off, had a friend pull his for fun to compare.

TM I hope you read this and get it right sometimes soon :)

> @denvergolf said:

> > > @cota0429 said:

> > > I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

> >

> > Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with head weights again?

>

> Nothing.

> @denvergolf said:

> > > @cota0429 said:

> >

>

> Nothing.

001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

> @cota0429 said:

> They aren’t TW weighted heads. If you are going to advertise TW irons... why not get the headweights the same as his?

>

> By the way SW doesn’t mean much. You can do many things to hit the swingweight... length, plugs... powder...

>

> I’m speaking for the ones that really wanted to know what’s it’s like to hit an actual TW iron. I have have been fortunate to have PLENTY of times! It is all in the headweight. Some of you are happy with your sets... that’s fine and all...but was really hoping with all the marketing going on that they would hit these on point. Then the spec sheet comes out at D3... I knew they couldn’t be TW weighted heads. When I say they are off they are off, had a friend pull his for fun to compare.

>

> TM I hope you read this and get it right sometimes soon :)

>

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > > @cota0429 said:

> > >

> >

> > Nothing.

>

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > > @cota0429 said:

> > >

> >

> > Nothing.

>

>

Because it makes perfect sense for an OEM to order a head weight in a mass batch of club heads that gives no ability to achieve target SW on over length clubs or achieve the same SW target with shafts that have a different balance point.

Proof that people will literally b**** about anything even when it makes no logical sense at all.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

You are missing the point.

> @Golfrnut said:

> > @cota0429 said:

> > They aren’t TW weighted heads. If you are going to advertise TW irons... why not get the headweights the same as his?

> >

> > By the way SW doesn’t mean much. You can do many things to hit the swingweight... length, plugs... powder...

> >

> > I’m speaking for the ones that really wanted to know what’s it’s like to hit an actual TW iron. I have have been fortunate to have PLENTY of times! It is all in the headweight. Some of you are happy with your sets... that’s fine and all...but was really hoping with all the marketing going on that they would hit these on point. Then the spec sheet comes out at D3... I knew they couldn’t be TW weighted heads. When I say they are off they are off, had a friend pull his for fun to compare.

> >

> > TM I hope you read this and get it right sometimes soon :)

> >

> > > @denvergolf said:

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nothing.

> >

> > > @denvergolf said:

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nothing.

> >

> >

>

> Because it makes perfect sense for an OEM to order a head weight in a mass batch of club heads that gives no ability to achieve target SW on over length clubs or achieve the same SW target with shafts that have a different balance point.

>

> Proof that people will literally **** about anything even when it makes no logical sense at all.

001 TW Proto

Seems like most of the guys love their set. Not the same as the VR PRO. But definitely the best looking blades out.

> @rawbuffalo said:

> So what's the overall consensus, are the P7TW even close to tigers actual clubs? Is it any different than if I picked up a set of nike VRS forged blades?

001 TW Proto