2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @cota0429 said:

> The golf channel special on his equipment was awesome. First time they actually showed most of his specs as well. Pretty cool. He was putting them to work. Glad they gave MT the credit he deserved as well. Good job TM

I agree...I was expecting far more of a TM commercial than was projected.

• Like 1

> @denvergolf said:

> > @cota0429 said:

> > The golf channel special on his equipment was awesome. First time they actually showed most of his specs as well. Pretty cool. He was putting them to work. Glad they gave MT the credit he deserved as well. Good job TM

> I agree...I was expecting far more of a TM commercial than was projected.

I agree. It was far more interesting than I had expected.

Now I wish it had been a multi-episode series, following the process from signing through Masters win. Oh well, still a good watch. And props to TM for highlighting Mike Taylor.

6lq1vvy2j2rf.jpeg

> @jabwind51 said:

> Did anyone screenshot his specs??

• Like 1

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

b4cr88w274ts.jpeg

4eseabl6mxtk.jpeg

2mbvf28ite4s.jpeg

• Like 2

001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Where can this GC video be watched?

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

It was on the golf channel. Should have some replays

> @cardoza said:

> Where can this GC video be watched?

001 TW Proto

I think they played it back to back to back...

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @cardoza said:

> Where can this GC video be watched?

Same. I missed it on Monday

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

> @toc said:

> The head weights! Wonder if whoever was arguing with cota will have something to say

I knew someone would attempt that. Not uncommon...simply put. Tip weight is counted as head weight. It's a common target number for the SW he plays his clubs at. Light to heavy makes up less than 2% of the head mass. If you think that effects CG or anything else, I don't know what else to tell you other than physics will say otherwise.

OEMs don't start heavy as it gives no ability to achieve common SW at different lenghts. Just as about 20 posts ago, that's why there are tip weights. They don't paint themselves into a corner where they have useless stock on hand they can't use.

There...I said something.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

> @Golfrnut said:

> > @toc said:

> > The head weights! Wonder if whoever was arguing with cota will have something to say

>

> I knew someone would attempt that. Not uncommon...simply put. Tip weight is counted as head weight. It's a common target number for the SW he plays his clubs at. Light to heavy makes up less than 2% of the head mass. If you think that effects CG or anything else, I don't know what else to tell you other than physics will say otherwise.

>

> OEMs don't start heavy as it gives no ability to achieve common SW at different lenghts. Just as about 20 posts ago, that's why there are tip weights. They don't paint themselves into a corner where they have useless stock on hand they can't use.

>

> There...I said something.

I am not that big of a tech'ie are those considered light?

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Golfrnut said:

> > > @toc said:

> > > The head weights! Wonder if whoever was arguing with cota will have something to say

> >

> > I knew someone would attempt that. Not uncommon...simply put. Tip weight is counted as head weight. It's a common target number for the SW he plays his clubs at. Light to heavy makes up less than 2% of the head mass. If you think that effects CG or anything else, I don't know what else to tell you other than physics will say otherwise.

> >

> > OEMs don't start heavy as it gives no ability to achieve common SW at different lenghts. Just as about 20 posts ago, that's why there are tip weights. They don't paint themselves into a corner where they have useless stock on hand they can't use.

> >

> > There...I said something.

>

> I am not that big of a tech'ie are those considered light?

Those head weights? No, normal target weights considering what he want's the finish product to be.

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)

Spider Tour X3

> @Golfrnut said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Golfrnut said:

> > > > @toc said:

> > > > The head weights! Wonder if whoever was arguing with cota will have something to say

> > >

> > > I knew someone would attempt that. Not uncommon...simply put. Tip weight is counted as head weight. It's a common target number for the SW he plays his clubs at. Light to heavy makes up less than 2% of the head mass. If you think that effects CG or anything else, I don't know what else to tell you other than physics will say otherwise.

> > >

> > > OEMs don't start heavy as it gives no ability to achieve common SW at different lenghts. Just as about 20 posts ago, that's why there are tip weights. They don't paint themselves into a corner where they have useless stock on hand they can't use.

> > >

> > > There...I said something.

> >

> > I am not that big of a tech'ie are those considered light?

>

> Those head weights? No, normal target weights considering what he want's the finish product to be.

I guess I am confused then. What is the deal with the head weights and tip weights?

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Golfrnut said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Golfrnut said:

> > > > > @toc said:

> > > > > The head weights! Wonder if whoever was arguing with cota will have something to say

> > > >

> > > > I knew someone would attempt that. Not uncommon...simply put. Tip weight is counted as head weight. It's a common target number for the SW he plays his clubs at. Light to heavy makes up less than 2% of the head mass. If you think that effects CG or anything else, I don't know what else to tell you other than physics will say otherwise.

> > > >

> > > > OEMs don't start heavy as it gives no ability to achieve common SW at different lenghts. Just as about 20 posts ago, that's why there are tip weights. They don't paint themselves into a corner where they have useless stock on hand they can't use.

> > > >

> > > > There...I said something.

> > >

> > > I am not that big of a tech'ie are those considered light?

> >

> > Those head weights? No, normal target weights considering what he want's the finish product to be.

>

> I guess I am confused then. What is the deal with the head weights and tip weights?

Ha. Nothing. You would need to read back through the thread to get the context.

Spider Tour X3

> @Golfrnut said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Golfrnut said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @Golfrnut said:

> > > > > > @toc said:

> > > > > > The head weights! Wonder if whoever was arguing with cota will have something to say

> > > > >

> > > > > I knew someone would attempt that. Not uncommon...simply put. Tip weight is counted as head weight. It's a common target number for the SW he plays his clubs at. Light to heavy makes up less than 2% of the head mass. If you think that effects CG or anything else, I don't know what else to tell you other than physics will say otherwise.

> > > > >

> > > > > OEMs don't start heavy as it gives no ability to achieve common SW at different lenghts. Just as about 20 posts ago, that's why there are tip weights. They don't paint themselves into a corner where they have useless stock on hand they can't use.

> > > > >

> > > > > There...I said something.

> > > >

> > > > I am not that big of a tech'ie are those considered light?

> > >

> > > Those head weights? No, normal target weights considering what he want's the finish product to be.

> >

> > I guess I am confused then. What is the deal with the head weights and tip weights?

>

> Ha. Nothing. You would need to read back through the thread to get the context.

>

ok, I looked back a few pages but I am not about to go through them all. thanks.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I agree about achieving targeted swingweights. That’s why it would make sense the retail heads are lighter.

I’m not being sarcastic here so don’t take this the wrong way. But are you saying moving weight around in the head does not affect CG?

001 TW Proto

Tip weights ? What is this. Golf galaxy ? FOr Pete’s sakes. No self respecting club builder will use tip weights if he manufactures ( hand or CNc ) the heads.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @cota0429 said:

> I agree about achieving targeted swingweights. That’s why it would make sense the retail heads are lighter.

>

> I’m not being sarcastic here so don’t take this the wrong way. But are you saying moving weight around in the head does not affect CG?

As above, a tiny percentage of weight. As an example, lets start with a “lighter” 6 iron head weight of 262 grams. We need 5 grams to get to target. That’s only 1.8% of the total mass of the club head, and not on the outside perimter of the club which would have the largest effect. From a technical standpoint, CG moves, fractions of a millimeter. From a practical sense, insignificant.

He’s special, and one of probably very few people in the world that if he said he refused to play a club that had tip weighting...would have his demands met. They would take a heavy head and port the weight down...or produce 25 heads, and take the one that came out to the exact weight he wanted. No matter how much we want to be that special...we aren’t, and neither is probably the other 99.8% of people on tour.

Spider Tour X3

> @cota0429 said:

> I agree about achieving targeted swingweights. That’s why it would make sense the retail heads are lighter.

>

> I’m not being sarcastic here so don’t take this the wrong way. But are you saying moving weight around in the head does not affect CG?

In an iron head, 2g (which is what we’re really looking at as a max variance for weight sorted and/or milled iron heads) can change feel of the club so far as balance, but the CG of the iron will not be affected (at least with so little mass).

Think of the amount of travel weights for woods require when moving more mass to change launch conditions. With adjustable weights, we’re looking at more mass and more distance traveled than would ever be done for an iron when altering headweight for swingweight purposes.

• Like 1

Makes sense.

Too bad they didn’t bring up the TM putter on the show. Even if he didn’t stick with it it would have a been a cool story about the process.

> @bambam said:

> > @cota0429 said:

> > I agree about achieving targeted swingweights. That’s why it would make sense the retail heads are lighter.

> >

> > I’m not being sarcastic here so don’t take this the wrong way. But are you saying moving weight around in the head does not affect CG?

>

> In an iron head, 2g (which is what we’re really looking at as a max variance for weight sorted and/or milled iron heads) can change feel of the club so far as balance, but the CG of the iron will not be affected (at least with so little mass).

>

> Think of the amount of travel weights for woods require when moving more mass to change launch conditions. With adjustable weights, we’re looking at more mass and more distance traveled than would ever be done for an iron when altering headweight for swingweight purposes.

>

>

001 TW Proto

Just watched Tigers Project and saw this near the end. arzx9mnrqaa5.jpg

I have not been able to see a outline in any retail iron yet for the tungsten weight. Wonder if the chrome was different for him than us or the very slightly different metal they used?

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

> @KeithM38 said:

> Just watched Tigers Project and saw this near the end. arzx9mnrqaa5.jpg

> I have not been able to see a outline in any retail iron yet for the tungsten weight. Wonder if the chrome was different for him than us or the very slightly different metal they used?

Are you talking about the p760 in the back? They also showed his bag with a spider x headcover in it a few times. Subtle marketing in an otherwise pretty balanced show.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

His Prototypes are a different metal but it’s basically the same thing. TM said they plan to move Tiger to the 1025 steel version after these wear out. His irons always have had a heavy duty chrome vs standard. Just allows for more use out of them. But yeah that’s the 760 he was testing in the back. I don’t think he’s put it in play ever.

> @KeithM38 said:

> Just watched Tigers Project and saw this near the end. arzx9mnrqaa5.jpg

> I have not been able to see a outline in any retail iron yet for the tungsten weight. Wonder if the chrome was different for him than us or the very slightly different metal they used?

001 TW Proto

Not talking about the 760 in the background...talking about the dark circle.

01ff9ocg1rld.png

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

I love the comments about his irons have always been heavy duty chrome vs standard. There is no such thing as heavy duty chrome. There is "triple chrome plating". This type of plating is very expensive, the most durable, and offers the softest feel. They plate the steel first with copper and then nickel (sometimes 2x) before the chromium plating is applied. Possible Tiger's irons all have this process. Something the TOUR MP-14 and MP-29 Mizunos all had. Many of the smaller artisan Japanese forged iron producers still do this (some also still anneal their heads in straw ash for 4 days). For certain these "limited edition" TW irons do not have this plating and never will. Whether his irons are 1018, 1020, or 1025 means nothing compared to if they are triple plated or just the now standard less costly double (duplex) nickel process.

There is never any mention of the details of the finish of his irons while he was at Titleist, Nike, or now TM to my knowledge so either his are just double nickeled or they don't want to stir up the buying public for something that will never happen for retail sale due to cost impact..

• Like 1

> @cota0429 said:

>

So I assume those are heavier than the retail specs from what’s been talked about but how much heavier and what’s the swing weight combined with x100 + club length. I’m sure some club wiz can figure that out

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH