Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

Reshafted mine with Nippon modus 120s...added something extra as well! Had to give it a try :)

pth88ruuyle7.jpeg

u5g5dyef4nr4.jpeg

• Like 1

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S
Vokey            SM8 50f, 56s, 60m
Bettinardi       Studio Stock 17

> @outgolfing said:

> Reshafted mine with Nippon modus 120s...added something extra as well! Had to give it a try :)

>

> pth88ruuyle7.jpeg

> u5g5dyef4nr4.jpeg

>

Nice! I love my 120s. If they would just let us order 6/7-pw, I’d totally order these up.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @outgolfing said:

> > Reshafted mine with Nippon modus 120s...added something extra as well! Had to give it a try :)

> >

>

> Keep us posted on how the dowels work. May look to doing something like this as well for S&G’s..

I installed dowels on mine, and they work as they should. The feel is great, but I don't have a frame of reference to non-doweled P7s. The only issue I have with this set vs the VR Pro blades is that these spin a little more, which has required some modification on my part.

I neglected to order mine hardstepped, so they came with X100s straight in. With X100, the flight was a little soft, so I quickly switched those out for a hardstepped X100 that I pulled from my VRs. The hardstepped irons performed much better, but even then I had some excessive spin with the shorter irons. I'll be replacing the hardstepped with hardstepped + .25" tipping.

• Like 2

Where do you get these dowels? And what length and diameter? Also, how far up the tip should they be placed?

I picked up a set second hand with PX in them so I’ll be reshafting mine soon with X100 and I’d be interested in trying the dowels too.

Taylormade M2 9.5 - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
Taylormade M1 15 - Fujikura Rombax P95X
Taylormade M1 19 - Fujikura Rombax P95X
Taylormade P790 UDI 2i - PX 6.5
Taylormade P750 3-PW - DG X100
Titleist SM6 54.10S, 60.08M - DG S400
Byron Morgan DH89

The Grint Username: kreddell

> @TTURaider said:

> Where do you get these dowels? And what length and diameter? Also, how far up the tip should they be placed?

> I picked up a set second hand with PX in them so I’ll be reshafting mine soon with X100 and I’d be interested in trying the dowels too.

I used spiraled dowels 1.5” in length and 5/16” wide. I chose spiraled dowels over fluted dowels to get maximum wood on shaft surface area while still allowing air to pass through to seat properly.

EDIT: You can find them online using a quick google search. The dowels will naturally want to seat themselves in the correct area without any additional sanding.

> @kekoa said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > What are the dowels for? First time seeing these

>

> Don't they dampen vibration? I read somewhere that tiger actually uses them in his irons. T or F?

Yes, Dampening vibration. It doesn’t alter feel in a negative way. It makes impact feel more solid. Unsure if he still does, but he did with Titleist.

I am starting to lose patience waiting for these. Nothing getting delivered until 15th July here in the UK and I have already waiting 6 weeks. Bit of a disgrace from TM in all honesty. Also been waiting 4 weeks on Hi-Toe wedges, apparently no PX shafts available!

Paradym Triple Diamond 9
TSR3 Fairway Wood 15

Stealth 2 Hybrid 19
Ping Blueprint S 4-PW
SM10 Nickel Wedges 50, 54 & 58

Scotty Phantom 9.5

> @Guv280984 said:

> I am starting to lose patience waiting for these. Nothing getting delivered until 15th July here in the UK and I have already waiting 6 weeks. Bit of a disgrace from TM in all honesty. Also been waiting 4 weeks on Hi-Toe wedges, apparently no PX shafts available!

Mine will be here Monday all of them but the 3i.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @bluejeeprubi said:

> > @Guv280984 said:

> > I am starting to lose patience waiting for these. Nothing getting delivered until 15th July here in the UK and I have already waiting 6 weeks. Bit of a disgrace from TM in all honesty. Also been waiting 4 weeks on Hi-Toe wedges, apparently no PX shafts available!

>

> Mine will be here Monday all of them but the 3i.

>

>

When did you order yours?

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

> @KeithM38 said:

> > @bluejeeprubi said:

> > > @Guv280984 said:

> > > I am starting to lose patience waiting for these. Nothing getting delivered until 15th July here in the UK and I have already waiting 6 weeks. Bit of a disgrace from TM in all honesty. Also been waiting 4 weeks on Hi-Toe wedges, apparently no PX shafts available!

> >

> > Mine will be here Monday all of them but the 3i.

> >

> >

>

> When did you order yours?

Mine were ordered on 13th May!

Paradym Triple Diamond 9
TSR3 Fairway Wood 15

Stealth 2 Hybrid 19
Ping Blueprint S 4-PW
SM10 Nickel Wedges 50, 54 & 58

Scotty Phantom 9.5

> @KeithM38 said:

> > @

> >

> >

> >

>

> When did you order yours?

First time prelaunch but canceled. Then got fitted at club champion thinking blueprints last Friday but ordered the P7TW the same day. They had plenty of 4-pw sets.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @bambam said:

> > @TTURaider said:

> > Where do you get these dowels? And what length and diameter? Also, how far up the tip should they be placed?

> > I picked up a set second hand with PX in them so I’ll be reshafting mine soon with X100 and I’d be interested in trying the dowels too.

>

> I used spiraled dowels 1.5” in length and 5/16” wide. I chose spiraled dowels over fluted dowels to get maximum wood on shaft surface area while still allowing air to pass through to seat properly.

>

> EDIT: You can find them online using a quick google search. The dowels will naturally want to seat themselves in the correct area ~1.5" from the tip without any additional sanding.

Yep, this is exactly how I did mine except I used the fluted dowels, drilled a small hole down the middle to let air escape during the head installation process and I used a small amount of epoxy to set the dowels. Here’s a pic of the completed build plus my milled grind 50*. Unfortunately I am working for the next 7 days straight and will not get to use them until next Saturday. I’ll walk a quick 9 at a local executive course then Sunday morning we are playing streamsong blue. Can’t wait!

5fbs6l737y3f.jpeg

Btw the build came out better then the hole in the wall I had to make for a temporary fix for a new dryer vent. Lol.

I’ll put a poster up before the next photo shoot.

> Yep, this is exactly how I did mine except I used the fluted dowels, drilled a small hole down the middle to let air escape during the head installation process and I used a small amount of epoxy to set the dowels. Here’s a pic of the completed build plus my milled grind 50*. Unfortunately I am working for the next 7 days straight and will not get to use them until next Saturday. I’ll walk a quick 9 at a local executive course then Sunday morning we are playing streamsong blue. Can’t wait!

>

> 5fbs6l737y3f.jpeg

>

Streamsong is a great place to break them in. Enjoy

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @bluejeeprubi said:

> > @Guv280984 said:

> > I am starting to lose patience waiting for these. Nothing getting delivered until 15th July here in the UK and I have already waiting 6 weeks. Bit of a disgrace from TM in all honesty. Also been waiting 4 weeks on Hi-Toe wedges, apparently no PX shafts available!

>

> Mine will be here Monday all of them but the 3i.

>

>

Correction, pushed back again. Second set cancelled.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @bluejeeprubi said:

> > @bluejeeprubi said:

> > > @Guv280984 said:

> > > I am starting to lose patience waiting for these. Nothing getting delivered until 15th July here in the UK and I have already waiting 6 weeks. Bit of a disgrace from TM in all honesty. Also been waiting 4 weeks on Hi-Toe wedges, apparently no PX shafts available!

> >

> >

> >

> Correction, pushed back again. Second set cancelled.

>

Really...when is the expected date now.

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> ^^^^^Wow, TM must be selling the s*** out of these things.

Nope. Still can’t get any heads. My shops order that was placed day 1 just came in Thursday. They blew my phone up when they came in. I said no thanks and haven’t even went down to look. BPs working too good. I’d wager they are still in the shop a month from now.

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > ^^^^^Wow, TM must be selling the s*** out of these things.

>

> Nope. Still can’t get any heads. My shops order that was placed day 1 just came in Thursday. They blew my phone up when they came in. I said no thanks and haven’t even went down to look. BPs working too good. I’d wager they are still in the shop a month from now.

I don’t see why they would be. TM has messed the up release wise but the head shape is so nice.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @bluejeeprubi said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > ^^^^^Wow, TM must be selling the s*** out of these things.

> >

> > Nope. Still can’t get any heads. My shops order that was placed day 1 just came in Thursday. They blew my phone up when they came in. I said no thanks and haven’t even went down to look. BPs working too good. I’d wager they are still in the shop a month from now.

>

> I don’t see why they would be. TM has messed the up release wise but the head shape is so nice.

>

>

Yea. And they may sell right away. If anybody here is into them message me. 4-pw ( still no in person sighting of a 3 iron ) and I’ll put you in touch with the shop. They will ship as they do eBay sales as well. Although I’m sure it would be price plus Paypal fees . I have no dog in that fight. Just would be helping someone find a set from a very reputable shop.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @ghoonk said:

> > I'm not sure if I'm the only one here who feels this way, but the TWs have actually done well for my swing and game, placebo or not.

> >

> > I've found more GIRs with these than any other irons, I haven't lost any distance, even on mishits. Ball flight is towering yet I don't lose any more distance with the TWs than any of my other blade irons. My approach shots hold the greens well, more so than any of my other irons.

> >

> > I say this based on actual on-course findings, not off Trackman. I shoot lower scores on average with these than any other blade irons I've gamed in the last 2 years (which includes Titleist 690, Miura MC501, Srixon Pro 100).

>

> Don’t doubt it. Most ams could benefit from more spin and a narrow sole. But they all chase low spin more carry , wide soled launcher type irons.

I’ve had the same experience. I also think bc of the shorter length im more consistent in my strike too and the increased loft gives me confidence with a 3 iron or 4 iron in my hand. Same idea with the driver. Been playing a 44 and 3/8 inch driver for a year and love it. And I’m 6 foot 1 so whatever works...

Make sure they are hickory dowels. Pine dowels aren’t as dense and don’t dampen as well. If you value your time at $.01 an hour you can do what my neighbor did. Went to lumber yard and bought 6 different wood species dowels to try. Had 5 of us pick the one that felt the best. 4 picked hickory, I picked teak. Nobody picked pine or mahogany.

> @Pinging77 said:

> Make sure they are hickory dowels. Pine dowels aren’t as dense and don’t dampen as well. If you value your time at $.01 an hour you can do what my neighbor did. Went to lumber yard and bought 6 different wood species dowels to try. Had 5 of us pick the one that felt the best. 4 picked hickory, I picked teak. Nobody picked pine or mahogany.

I did not use hickory, teak, pine or mahogany.

> @Pinging77 said:

> Make sure they are hickory dowels. Pine dowels aren’t as dense and don’t dampen as well. If you value your time at $.01 an hour you can do what my neighbor did. Went to lumber yard and bought 6 different wood species dowels to try. Had 5 of us pick the one that felt the best. 4 picked hickory, I picked teak. Nobody picked pine or mahogany.

I’ve used oak and prefer them for the solid but not hard feel. Hickory is pretty hard wood. I know. I have several trees like that on my property and am familiar with what they will do to a chainsaws chain. Hard wood to cut. You can buy oak dowel rods by 3 ft lengths at most crafts stores. Just cut and fine tune diameter with belt sander as you dry fit everything.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock