Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

Just wanted to give an update. I’ve gotten a handful of rounds under my belt now and couldn’t be more pleased. Shot a 76 today with some very good ball striking. My distance and flight control with these has been the best out of any of my previous sets

• Like 1

Tsr 3

Epic Flash 3w

Covert 5W

T100 4-P

MG3 52*

MG4 56* 

SM8 60* 

Oworks Tank Armlock

Z Star XV

These are awesome but I do struggle at times coming up short on my mid-iron shots on windy, links style courses. Probably just not hitting them clean but the high ball flight potentially could be it. Quite a few times I see it tracking dead on my line and a full club short of what expected. Gonna have to learn to flight them down I guess bc they ain’t leaving my bag...

• Like 1

> @cota0429 said:

> Has anyone tried having them ship the 4-Pw and send the 3 iron later?

Yes and as told they would not. The person I spoke to said it was because they don’t want to open the door for individual iron sales at the moment and something about not taking away from opening the box with a full set of irons.

That was awhile back when they were first released and I preordered a set to have it pushed back.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @bluejeeprubi said:

> > @cota0429 said:

> > Has anyone tried having them ship the 4-Pw and send the 3 iron later?

>

> Yes and as told they would not. The person I spoke to said it was because they don’t want to open the door for individual iron sales at the moment and something about not taking away from opening the box with a full set of irons.

>

> That was awhile back when they were first released and I preordered a set to have it pushed back.

>

>

That’s crazy. They shipped my 4-pw early. My 3 iron arrived 2 days later. Ruined my entire unboxing experience.... ?

• Like 1

You > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @bluejeeprubi said:

> > > @cota0429 said:

> > > Has anyone tried having them ship the 4-Pw and send the 3 iron later?

> >

> > Yes and as told they would not. The person I spoke to said it was because they don’t want to open the door for individual iron sales at the moment and something about not taking away from opening the box with a full set of irons.

> >

> > That was awhile back when they were first released and I preordered a set to have it pushed back.

> >

> >

> That’s crazy. They shipped my 4-pw early. My 3 iron arrived 2 days later. Ruined my entire unboxing experience.... ?

>

Not surprised at all. I assumed it was just an excuse to justify the delay. Ended up cancelling my order but man I still think they look amazing.

• Like 1

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @cota0429 said:

> Has anyone tried having them ship the 4-Pw and send the 3 iron later?

I begged them to do that. And even To amend the order to 4-pw was told flat ...”no”. I don’t personally believe they have many heads period to ship. Not until this latest batch rolls in. But even then sounds like not many.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @bluejeeprubi said:

> > > @cota0429 said:

> > > Has anyone tried having them ship the 4-Pw and send the 3 iron later?

> >

> > Yes and as told they would not. The person I spoke to said it was because they don’t want to open the door for individual iron sales at the moment and something about not taking away from opening the box with a full set of irons.

> >

> > That was awhile back when they were first released and I preordered a set to have it pushed back.

> >

> >

> That’s crazy. They shipped my 4-pw early. My 3 iron arrived 2 days later. Ruined my entire unboxing experience.... ?

>

Wow. Now I’m aggravated all over again. They wouldn’t even let me change the grip on the order to speed it up.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Ordered a set two months ago, somehow have only gotten the 3 iron. Still waiting on 4-PW but I’m in no rush. 3 iron looks great.

• Like 2

Taylormade M1 440, Fujikura Atmos TS Black 70 TX Tipped 1.75"
Taylormade M2 Tour T3 12*, Atmos TS Black 80TX Tipped 1.75"
Taylormade P7-TW 3-PW, DG TI X100
Vokey SM7 56.14F / 60.12D, DG S400
Byron Morgan 615

> @PCH said:

> Ordered a set two months ago, somehow have only gotten the 3 iron. Still waiting on 4-PW but I’m in no rush. 3 iron looks great.

Omg. That makes my head hurt.

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @PCH said:

> > Ordered a set two months ago, somehow have only gotten the 3 iron. Still waiting on 4-PW but I’m in no rush. 3 iron looks great.

>

> Omg. That makes my head hurt.

Lol. This is priceless. I was so excited for my set and after all the drama I cancelled like you. I find the entire thing funny now.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @jabwind51 said:

> These are awesome but I do struggle at times coming up short on my mid-iron shots on windy, links style courses. Probably just not hitting them clean but the high ball flight potentially could be it. Quite a few times I see it tracking dead on my line and a full club short of what expected. Gonna have to learn to flight them down I guess bc they ain’t leaving my bag...

I have had the same experience, dead on line then a club short. Not sure what it is as the strike feels good, as you say could be high flight with spin. They do go much higher than any iron I have played, so just need to get used too them

That said that is the only 'miss' Ive experienced with them and Ill happily take short rather than long any day

Absolutely love these sticks. I'm hitting them just as far as my iblades despite being a degree weaker and absolutely loving the flight. Posted my best ever tournament round 68 yesterday with them hitting 17 greens with the one miss coming from my driving iron on a long par 3. My distance control has been great both from the fairway and the rough. I tried other sets of blades but my game has always suffered. The large faces of these just give me a lot of confidence compared to something like my apex mb's which just look very small. Maybe that's a raw vs chrome thing, idk. They have earned a full time spot in the bag though.

• Like 1

> @Z4Z3R said:

> Absolutely love these sticks. I'm hitting them just as far as my iblades despite being a degree weaker and absolutely loving the flight. Posted my best ever tournament round 68 yesterday with them hitting 17 greens with the one miss coming from my driving iron on a long par 3. My distance control has been great both from the fairway and the rough. I tried other sets of blades but my game has always suffered. The large faces of these just give me a lot of confidence compared to something like my apex mb's which just look very small. Maybe that's a raw vs chrome thing, idk. They have earned a full time spot in the bag though.

What shafts did you get in them?

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

Anyone compare these with the S400 vs the Modus? Love mine with the S400 but they’re a bit on the heavy side feel wise. I usually play the Modus 120X but was hearing how high these launched and figured I try something different. I can’t complain about the ball flight with S400s.... it’s pretty good to my eye. Very easy to work and keep the ball down too.

> @KeithM38 said:

> > @Z4Z3R said:

> > Absolutely love these sticks. I'm hitting them just as far as my iblades despite being a degree weaker and absolutely loving the flight. Posted my best ever tournament round 68 yesterday with them hitting 17 greens with the one miss coming from my driving iron on a long par 3. My distance control has been great both from the fairway and the rough. I tried other sets of blades but my game has always suffered. The large faces of these just give me a lot of confidence compared to something like my apex mb's which just look very small. Maybe that's a raw vs chrome thing, idk. They have earned a full time spot in the bag though.

>

> What shafts did you get in them?

I got soft stepped x100's -0.25". I had previously mostly just gamed PX 6.0/SS 6.5's with only a handful or rounds in DG's so maybe that's the difference that I'm really seeing. I still have the PX's in my wedges so now I'm debating on moving them over to S400's with how much I'm liking these x100's.

after placing my order with my rep when the P7TW news first surface I've finally received it, unfortunately it's a single 3 iron in a regular TM cardboard box......yea.....mind blowing unboxing experience alright!!

RMUGgQa.jpg

• Like 1

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

> @WHC888 said:

> after placing my order with my rep when the P7TW news first surface I've finally received it, unfortunately it's a single 3 iron in a regular TM cardboard box......yea.....mind blowing unboxing experience alright!!

> RMUGgQa.jpg

That stinks man! My unboxing experience was 4-pw with my 3 iron arriving 2 days later...

> @WHC888 said:

> after placing my order with my rep when the P7TW news first surface I've finally received it, unfortunately it's a single 3 iron in a regular TM cardboard box......yea.....mind blowing unboxing experience alright!!

> RMUGgQa.jpg

What a joke. No excuse for that.

TSR3 Tensei 1K White 60tx 

TM SiM2 Ti 15 Fuji Ventus Black 7x
TSR2 21 Tensei AV White 85tx
Artisan FC 4, HC 5-7, MB 8-pw DG TI 120 X-100 
Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 56 & 60
Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117

Pro V1

Just curious for the ones that order and have in hand a set in tiger specs. Have you checked sw to see if it is d4 throughout the set?

• Like 2

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @WHC888 said:

> RMUGgQa.jpg

Good lord. I mean is this a joke ? It’s like a Seinfeld episode!

I bet you can sell the 3 iron and pay for the 4-Pw!

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Beside all the drama with actually getting these....I shot 77 with these sticks recently at a windy links course. Best round in a decade TBH. Hit 11 GIR (very good for me). It was truly a ball striking display. Played for a little more club since they tended to come up short as mentioned previously and used all clubs except the 3 iron in my round. Now I’m really sold on the concept in general of missing short vs long as TW was saying (unless a hazard in front etc) Since I have them at his specs with the slightly shorter length and weaker lofts, I don’t think I’ll be missing long anyway. ?

Pull the trigger on them guys. They’re just flat out good performing sticks.

• Like 1

> @bladehunter said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > > > Very little difference in price in Canada between the P-7TW and the Blueprints (4-PW) with stock shafts $2600 vs $2500 (pre-tax)

> > >

> > > How can that be ? $1699 us vs 1999 here 3-pw

> >

> > When I priced the blueprints the shaft and grip upgrade cost made it a wash vs tw’s.

>

> Yep. But ping has free DG just like TM. I know TM gives other free shafts too. But if you’re comparing the most common p7tw then it’s DG. So shaft upcharges aren’t reallly in it. But sure. I get that Tm bridges some gap with free shafts too. But nobody gives my 130 modus away. So doesn’t matter to me. Blueprints are $212 a club in stock form ... modus 105 , dg 105 , 120 s300 x100 , Amt etc are feee options.

Cobra gives Modus 130 for free, not sure if anyone else does outside of them though.