Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @bladehunter said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > ^^^^^Wow, TM must be selling the s*** out of these things.

>

> Nope. Still can’t get any heads. My shops order that was placed day 1 just came in Thursday. They blew my phone up when they came in. I said no thanks and haven’t even went down to look. BPs working too good. I’d wager they are still in the shop a month from now.

exactly, they aren't selling a ton of them, they are blades and very expensive ones for a brand like TM. People don't really buy blades these days except for us die hards on golfwrx. They are selling the crap out of their more forgiving irons. It's like comparing chevy cruz sales vs a corvette z06

So, I don't know how this happened but my golf shop just texted me saying mine showed up. All but the 3, I ordered the set just this month.

• Like 1

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

Picked up mine today and got a quick 9 in with them. The ball flight is higher than I’m used to and my 9i appears to be my 140 club vs my 150 (baby blades).

First thought after 9 holes is I miss my baby blades. I’m positive it is me missing the feeling of spb shafts that I’ve played for a long time to the steelfibers. Not that the feeling isn’t great with the SF shafts, I just feel like my timing is a bit off with them.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > ^^^^^Wow, TM must be selling the s*** out of these things.

> >

> > Nope. Still can’t get any heads. My shops order that was placed day 1 just came in Thursday. They blew my phone up when they came in. I said no thanks and haven’t even went down to look. BPs working too good. I’d wager they are still in the shop a month from now.

>

> exactly, they aren't selling a ton of them, they are blades and very expensive ones for a brand like TM. People don't really buy blades these days except for us die hards on golfwrx. They are selling the crap out of their more forgiving irons. It's like comparing chevy cruz sales vs a corvette z06

I think the audience goes beyond Golfwrx gear heads for the TW's. I know a handful of guys who can't play worth s*** and bought a set just to have.

> @bluejeeprubi said:

> Picked up mine today and got a quick 9 in with them. The ball flight is higher than I’m used to and my 9i appears to be my 140 club vs my 150 (baby blades).

>

> First thought after 9 holes is I miss my baby blades. I’m positive it is me missing the feeling of spb shafts that I’ve played for a long time to the steelfibers. Not that the feeling isn’t great with the SF shafts, I just feel like my timing is a bit off with them.

Sorry to hear that...

I play spb in my z945 and a few 3-irons and I know what you mean.

Try a reshaft and tweak specs before you give up on them. Way too early to tell

> @BearQ said:

> > @bluejeeprubi said:

> > Picked up mine today and got a quick 9 in with them. The ball flight is higher than I’m used to and my 9i appears to be my 140 club vs my 150 (baby blades).

> >

> > First thought after 9 holes is I miss my baby blades. I’m positive it is me missing the feeling of spb shafts that I’ve played for a long time to the steelfibers. Not that the feeling isn’t great with the SF shafts, I just feel like my timing is a bit off with them.

>

> Sorry to hear that...

>

> I play spb in my z945 and a few 3-irons and I know what you mean.

>

> Try a reshaft and tweak specs before you give up on them. Way too early to tell

Oh I’m not giving them up anytime soon. There is nothing wrong with the clubs just getting used to the shafts is all. Today could have just been an off day.

>

• Like 1

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

Long long time lurker but never posted before.

However

I'm in the UK and ordered 3-PW on the 8th April.

I had also been told middle of July for delivery but they unexpectedly were delivered to me at lunchtime today completely out of the blue.

Hopefully yours are not too far behind.

> @Guv280984 said:

> I am starting to lose patience waiting for these. Nothing getting delivered until 15th July here in the UK and I have already waiting 6 weeks. Bit of a disgrace from TM in all honesty. Also been waiting 4 weeks on Hi-Toe wedges, apparently no PX shafts available!

Oh man I'm really digging these. I took the PW, 7 and 5 out to the range yesterday on my lunch break and was just stripping them. What really sucks is I had to put lead tape on them already to get the swing weight where I like it and they put an extra layer of tape under the grip. I'll have to take them to my shop and get that redone. I did hit them prior to the tape being on them and they didn't feel right, very almost tingy... now very very solid and straight.

I also have Mizuno MP4s and these are almost replicas as far as the top line and head shape go. I've put all of them next to each other and the difference is next to nothing. Can't wait to get my 3 iron in and get them out on the course.

• Like 1

Byron Morgan 006 GSS

Minor update from me and my P7TW experiment. I've struggled so far to get the flight exactly dialed in. They've been launching a little higher than I would like, but not spinning as much as desired either. I made a ball switch this week--TP5x to TP5 to gain a little spin and get a slightly lower launch--and this was a positive change. I had my best ball striking round of the year in a tournament on Friday and felt like I was in control of the golf ball again.

• Like 2

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

> @jll62 said:

> Minor update from me and my P7TW experiment. I've struggled so far to get the flight exactly dialed in. They've been launching a little higher than I would like, but not spinning as much as desired either. I made a ball switch this week--TP5x to TP5 to gain a little spin and get a slightly lower launch--and this was a positive change. I had my best ball striking round of the year in a tournament on Friday and felt like I was in control of the golf ball again.

If you have the TW irons you should go with the Bridgestone golf ball!

> @Shester24 said:

> > @jll62 said:

> > Minor update from me and my P7TW experiment. I've struggled so far to get the flight exactly dialed in. They've been launching a little higher than I would like, but not spinning as much as desired either. I made a ball switch this week--TP5x to TP5 to gain a little spin and get a slightly lower launch--and this was a positive change. I had my best ball striking round of the year in a tournament on Friday and felt like I was in control of the golf ball again.

>

> If you have the TW irons you should go with the Bridgestone golf ball!

Haha...not gonna lie, I bought a sleeve of Tour B XS for fun after I bought the irons. They were great around the greens, pretty good off the irons, but wow they were short off the driver compared to TP5/TP5x. Into a breeze, the Bridgestone was carrying 15-20 yards less consistently. Nope. Not happening.

• Like 1

TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

> @KeithM38 said:

> Oh man I'm really digging these. I took the PW, 7 and 5 out to the range yesterday on my lunch break and was just stripping them. What really sucks is I had to put lead tape on them already to get the swing weight where I like it and they put an extra layer of tape under the grip. I'll have to take them to my shop and get that redone. I did hit them prior to the tape being on them and they didn't feel right, very almost tingy... now very very solid and straight.

> I also have Mizuno MP4s and these are almost replicas as far as the top line and head shape go. I've put all of them next to each other and the difference is next to nothing. Can't wait to get my 3 iron in and get them out on the course.

Played with you Saturday,, even with the lead tape they’re great looking irons. You hit them really well too

• Like 1

Will TM discount these in time if a shop can’t unload them ? Or will they just send them back ?

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Well I decided to take a different approach today with the P7TW irons. I simply stopped trying to get my old yardages with the irons and had an amazing day of ball striking. So my 7 iron goes 7 yards or so less than before. My accuracy and shot shaping was on point today with the irons.

The issue now is the new wedges I bought before the fitting. I decided to order some vokeys with s400 ti 8i shafts and they don’t work for me.

G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

Anymore news on this club?

[size=3]Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5° TENSI BLUE 67g 6/17/19
Srixon Z F85  fwy 13.5°, 18° HZRDUS 6.0 62g 9/15/19
TaylorMade M4 Hyb 22° 4/1/19
Honma  T // World Rose Proto 5-10 iron
 N.S. PRO MODUS 3 TOUR 120  S 8/8/19
Bettinardi Studio Stock 2 [/size]
[size=3]3/7/19
TaylorMade Mill Grind 50° 07/17/18, TaylorMade Mill Grind 54° 4/12/19, TaylorMade
Mill Grind 58° 07/17/18
Titleist ProV1x Grips Golf Pride Z-Grip cord align midsize Glove FJ Pure Touch Limited L
Callaway Epic Star [/size]
[size=3]staff bag
Titleist Players 4 stand bag
Jan Craig headcovers
Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0[/size]

> @tpgrrr1 said:

> Anymore news on this club?

I've played over 10 rounds with these irons so far, and am happy to report that these are the best irons I've played, period. This set is a keeper. I particularly love the high, penetrating ball flight, and how they stop so well on greens. I made the switch to the Srixon Z Star and they go well together. Very solid feel off good hits, and they really encourage me to go for the ball. The long irons are surprisingly friendly, and the balance suits my swing well.

I'd buy another set in a heartbeat - I can't see myself playing any other irons now, and am planning to sell the rest of my iron sets to fund another set of these.

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

I’m still loving my set as well. The reshaft with Nippon modus 120s was the right move for me. I’m still battling the urge to go Blueprints but that’s because I’m a big Ping fan.

• Like 1

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S
Vokey            SM8 50f, 56s, 60m
Bettinardi       Studio Stock 17

I’m loving mine and just had another good ball striking day, just couldn’t make a putt.

I’ve taken 2 heads apart and they were ~3g lighter than Tiger’s head weights. I threw 3.5g of lead tape on each head and they came to life

Tsr 3

Epic Flash 3w

Covert 5W

T100 4-P

MG3 52*

MG4 56* 

SM8 60* 

Oworks Tank Armlock

Z Star XV

> @outgolfing said:

> I’m still loving my set as well. The reshaft with Nippon modus 120s was the right move for me. I’m still battling the urge to go Blueprints but that’s because I’m a big Ping fan.

What shafts did you start with? I'm thinking of going to the same shafts as I have the 130s now.

Byron Morgan 006 GSS

> @outgolfing said:

> I’m still loving my set as well. The reshaft with Nippon modus 120s was the right move for me. I’m still battling the urge to go Blueprints but that’s because I’m a big Ping fan.

Just get the blueprints!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

> @KeithM38 said:

> > @outgolfing said:

> > I’m still loving my set as well. The reshaft with Nippon modus 120s was the right move for me. I’m still battling the urge to go Blueprints but that’s because I’m a big Ping fan.

>

> What shafts did you start with? I'm thinking of going to the same shafts as I have the 130s now.

Mine came with the S400’s but they were a bit stout for me.

> @craz-e said:

> > @outgolfing said:

> > I’m still loving my set as well. The reshaft with Nippon modus 120s was the right move for me. I’m still battling the urge to go Blueprints but that’s because I’m a big Ping fan.

> Just get the blueprints!

>

>

I’m leaning that way...at least 7-pw, and I210 5 &6

• Like 1

> @rawbuffalo said:

> Anyone that has disassembled them help me out? Wondering what the raw head weights are. And what the bounce is on the tiger specs option.

The raw head weights of my 5-PW were as follows (I haven't torn down the 3 or 4 irons yet). One thing to note is that these weights are after removing the hosel weight that's used to adjust swing weight during the TM build.

5 - 247.5g

6 - 256.5g

7 - 264.0g

8 - 271.7g

9 - 279.9g

PW - 283.5g

TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

So I have a set of 3-P with tour issue DG S400s. My old set are titleist 714 combos with KBS c-taper S+ 125s. I like the feel of the P7TW but am struggling a little with the consistency. I’m toying with switching the shafts to the c-tapers but it’s expensive. How would people expect the DGs to compare with the KBS and what would be a reasonable price to pay to switch them up?

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

> @bluejeeprubi said:

> Well I decided to take a different approach today with the P7TW irons. I simply stopped trying to get my old yardages with the irons and had an amazing day of ball striking. So my 7 iron goes 7 yards or so less than before. My accuracy and shot shaping was on point today with the irons.

>

> The issue now is the new wedges I bought before the fitting. I decided to order some vokeys with s400 ti 8i shafts and they don’t work for me.

Have you checked the hosel depths? I found that I had an issue with spin which led to flight and distance differences with these compared to my VR Pro blades. Despite installing the same shafts in them (I pulled my VR Pro shafts because I forgot to order mine hardstepped), the shafts felt soft compared to when they were in my VRs, and I still had spin, flight and distance issues. The flight was still a little soft, this led me to think the hosel depths might be more shallow in the P7s.

Turns out, they are more shallow than the Nike VR, so I'm having my guy measure and tip accordingly. At the very least, this will help with the shafts feeling like they used to, and I suspect this will get the ball-flight and spin back to where I want it.

> @kekoa said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > > ^^^^^Wow, TM must be selling the s*** out of these things.

> > >

> > > Nope. Still can’t get any heads. My shops order that was placed day 1 just came in Thursday. They blew my phone up when they came in. I said no thanks and haven’t even went down to look. BPs working too good. I’d wager they are still in the shop a month from now.

> >

> > exactly, they aren't selling a ton of them, they are blades and very expensive ones for a brand like TM. People don't really buy blades these days except for us die hards on golfwrx. They are selling the crap out of their more forgiving irons. It's like comparing chevy cruz sales vs a corvette z06

>

> I think the audience goes beyond Golfwrx gear heads for the TW's. I know a handful of guys who can't play worth **** and bought a set just to have.

I have heard from many people that have hit these that they likely won't be good irons for many people. They spin a lot, that's tigers preference but unless you can control the club head like tiger these irons will spin and balloon up into the wind very easy which is a big no for me... not worth purchasing if that's what they are going to do... I hate ballooning golf shots....