2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

The whole topic was on the weight of the heads compared to Tigers. That’s still doesn’t change no matter what point you try to prove about club making. If you think raw head weight doesn’t matter in his irons I don’t know what to tell you. But keep beating a dead horse, you are filling the thread up with nonsense. If people want to believe the heads are not Tiger weight... believe it...if you don’t then don’t. It’s still a good club, it’s just not Tigers headweight.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

> @denvergolf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Golfrnut said:

> > > > @cota0429 said:

> > > > Doesn’t matter what I think because with you it doesn’t matter. Let’s stop cluttering this thread with the fact you want to argue.

> > > > Moving on....

> > > > Hope TW has a strong day tomorrow.

> > >

> > > Don’t do it for me, do it for all the others in this thread that are interested to know why they aren’t Tiger’s specs. You are the one making the claim after all, don’t start question doging when you get asked to support your stance. I’m not the only one that asked.

> >

> >

> > Cota knows exactly what he’s talking about. Couple others have posted in here that have seen smelt and touched the ingredients first hand. But none are going to burn that source. No need to ask. If you have an in that special. You don’t drive the bus over it publically. Just take it for what it is. The truth. He knows that there are many differences. Tm is simply a marketing machine that knows how to maximize profit. To copy them exactly would eat into that profit.

>

> Blade, I respect your opinion also. Do you think it’s actually reasonable or even beneficial for TM to hand sort everything to get to Tiger’s exact spec for the 13 capper from Topeka? Second, who do you think is turning more profit in their new mb’s....TM or Ping?

>

No. I know it’s not. I’m speaking from the point of view of a authentic and limited release. As in hand produce 200 sets identical and sell them for $3500 a set. This occupies a shady middle ground. Unlike Nike who sold many TW branded clubs. They didn’t pretend they were the same thing. This leads the uninformed to believe they are the same. The. Spells out the truth in fine print so to speak. Like the video that’s coming out. Joe blow will never know the truth. Then there’s the Fake out of a limited release with a fancy box etc. this is a $1499 set of irons 3-pw if priced according to quality. And that’s a healthy price. I’d say Tm is making more money than ping per unit. Ping make more in cookie because they won’t sell what they don’t have on hand. So they aren’t running folks off.

I just wish they sold a “ real set “ limited. Then a full release set of what they have here. I’d probably have bought the cheaper set. And could have got some because alll the wallhangers club would have paid more for the fancy box etc.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Golfrnut said:

> > > > > @cota0429 said:

> > > > > Doesn’t matter what I think because with you it doesn’t matter. Let’s stop cluttering this thread with the fact you want to argue.

> > > > > Moving on....

> > > > > Hope TW has a strong day tomorrow.

> > > >

> > > > Don’t do it for me, do it for all the others in this thread that are interested to know why they aren’t Tiger’s specs. You are the one making the claim after all, don’t start question doging when you get asked to support your stance. I’m not the only one that asked.

> > >

> > >

> > > Cota knows exactly what he’s talking about. Couple others have posted in here that have seen smelt and touched the ingredients first hand. But none are going to burn that source. No need to ask. If you have an in that special. You don’t drive the bus over it publically. Just take it for what it is. The truth. He knows that there are many differences. Tm is simply a marketing machine that knows how to maximize profit. To copy them exactly would eat into that profit.

> >

> > Blade, I respect your opinion also. Do you think it’s actually reasonable or even beneficial for TM to hand sort everything to get to Tiger’s exact spec for the 13 capper from Topeka? Second, who do you think is turning more profit in their new mb’s....TM or Ping?

> >

>

> No. I know it’s not. I’m speaking from the point of view of a authentic and limited release. As in hand produce 200 sets identical and sell them for $3500 a set.

Honest question...do you think that TM would take the time it takes to blueprint a set to that level of spec and only charge $3500 a set for them? I mean we aren't talking an assembly line skill/time here, you are talking weight sorting everything, drilling/porting if needed, etc. The average PGA player going to the tour van isn't even receiving that amount of accuracy with their sets. For the time it takes them to build 200 sets, and the return on investment they would get at $3500, do you think they are going put in that amount of effort for such a tiny amount of money to be made in comparison?

Again, no attack intended, honest opinion wanted.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

> @bambam said:

> > @Shakespeare said:

> > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > @Shakespeare said:

> > > > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > > > @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > > > > > > @cota0429 said:

> > > > > > > I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with head weights again?

> > > > >

> > > > > Nothing.

> > > >

> > > > Let me try...if its nothing....I'm not saying either way...is the issue being mentioned have to do with them not heavy enough... not light enough..or not consistent enough between heads...hypothetically I mean

> > >

> > > I was just being snarky. It seems we are on a mission (not you) to find anything that indicates Mike Taylor and GOD himself didn't collaborate on, producing headweights that were foretold via scripture in the early A.D. era. With all that said, they are mass produced irons, they aren't Tiger's clubs, the steel is marginally different, the head shape looks fantastic, they feel good, they are accurate if you are accurate, they don't dig which is nice, and they cost a lot. Those last 5 words have most people up in arms that they aren't exact replicas.

> >

> > Copy that...thx> @bambam said:

> > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > My irons are long gone, but still look forward to wat> @Shakespeare said:

> > > > > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > > > > @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > > > > > > > @cota0429 said:

> > > > > > > > I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with > @bambam said:

> > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > My irons are long gone, but still look forward to wat> @Shakespeare said:

> > > > > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > > > > @FormerBigDaddy said:

> > > > > > > > @cota0429 said:

> > > > > > > > I’m glad MT is going to be featured in this. Still doesn’t change the fact that TM has not given the public a true version of TW irons. Yes they look similar but they’re far from true. Until TM gets these head weights dialed in... the public is just getting something that looks like them. 99% of the public won’t know the difference...so I can see why they skimped out on the headweights

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ive read most of this thread but maybe i missed this... what's the issue with head weights again?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nothing.

> > > > >

> > > > > Let me try...if its nothing....I'm not saying either way...is the issue being mentioned have to do with them not heavy enough... not light enough..or not consistent enough between heads...hypothetically I mean

> > > >

> > > > I'll just say they felt very light for supposedly being D3/D4. I'd be very curious to know if head weights are consistent throughout the set, but I doubt anyone has pulled heads yet to measure.

> > >

> > > I had my set SW’d and pulled all my heads. They were all within .3 SW points to D3, which is pretty **** good for manufacturing consistency. D3 is TM’s target, even though Tiger’s spec is D4.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Do you have the headweight of the 5 iron for reference?

>

> I did not weigh them myself. My club guy did. The two clubs that weighed out with the most variance swing weight wise: 1 had a lighter grip and the other had a heavier grip. He commented that the clubs themselves did not have a lot of glue on them. So, no. I do not. He already put them back together to my specs.

>

> My .02 on the weights not being Tiger headweights...with DG Tour Issue shafts providing +/-.5g, grips weighing +/-3.5g (without being weight sorted), and the amount of change 2-3g makes in a much bigger driver (virtually nil in an iron), it doesn’t matter that the irons aren’t Tiger spec. There will always be some variance unless everything is weight sorted to tighter tolerances and the heads themselves are 100% milled with no additional grinding needed. Nike famously trashed Tiger’s Titleist blades bc of the tipweights/plugs used to make up Tiger’s gamer set.

>

> These irons aren’t VR Pros, but the profile of the irons d*mn near match. And there are minor differences as well such as the lower mb in the shorter irons that is combined with a progressively thinning area above the muscle vs a uniform area above the muscle in the VR.

>

> They’re great irons. Despite the mix up of being “limited”, I don’t think there’s much to criticize of these irons, other than the mixup some have gone through.

Okay...thanks..I was just hoping that there was no tip weighting in the shaft. My Adam's cc1 heads (3 sets) all weighed 256 in the 5 iron so I was just curious.

> @cota0429 said:

> The whole topic was on the weight of the heads compared to Tigers. That’s still doesn’t change no matter what point you try to prove about club making. If you think raw head weight doesn’t matter in his irons I don’t know what to tell you. But keep beating a dead horse, you are filling the thread up with nonsense. If people want to believe the heads are not Tiger weight... believe it...if you don’t then don’t. It’s still a good club, it’s just not Tigers headweight.

I have a friend with a pet unicorn, it is real but I won’t show you a picture. I work for the government and I have proof that aliens are real but I won’t show you.

You might know you might not but don’t get bent out of shape if someone doubts you. Plenty of false information given out daily here. Heck just the other day someone was bragging about getting a set of blueprints because they are limited. This is after Ping announced it wasn’t. You say golfnut is upset but to me it appears you don’t like to be questioned. I don’t get why you would even bring it up if your not going to back it up.

Blade, if a person had respect not to give up a source they wouldn’t even bring it up that you knew. People who go around bragging about knowing a secret tend to people who like attention. In other news, I read your post about the blueprints glad you are enjoying them.

Let’s just all agree TM messed this up in one way or another.

• Like 1

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

Lol again y'all take this stuff so seriously. Retail irons are not the same as Tigers gamers. Fact. Tiger is famous for being able to tell if a club is half a sw point off. Of course every component of his clubs matter in order to balance to his requirements. Y'all tripping if you think anything different. Retail is for the masses, money doesn't buy you that kind of treatment. Talent does ( or knowing someone talented, then in that case maybe getting to try their stuff out)

Because I don’t have to back anything up. I’m not bent out shape about anything. People can chose to believe the information or not. No one is forcing anyone to believe anything. But I’m not going to tarnish relationships just to prove a point to nobody. This site is about information. And yes there is always going to be someone claiming this and that. Most of the time it’s not true, sometimes it is... I know there are some guys that have been around since the Nike days and wondered how close to the real gamers these are. My posts are for them... not for those that want to challenge the validity of my post. I could care less about those people. Do people have the right to challenge the validity of my posts? Sure they do it’s an open forum but it doesn’t mean I have to respond how people want me to. We cluttered up the thread enough. Let’s just agree to disagree and if people don’t want to believe it then don’t. Some guys care to know that there is a difference. Some could care less lol

But you are right. Either way TM kind of messed this up in some way or another. Lol

> @bluejeeprubi said:

> > @cota0429 said:

> > The whole topic was on the weight of the heads compared to Tigers. That’s still doesn’t change no matter what point you try to prove about club making. If you think raw head weight doesn’t matter in his irons I don’t know what to tell you. But keep beating a dead horse, you are filling the thread up with nonsense. If people want to believe the heads are not Tiger weight... believe it...if you don’t then don’t. It’s still a good club, it’s just not Tigers headweight.

>

> I have a friend with a pet unicorn, it is real but I won’t show you a picture. I work for the government and I have proof that aliens are real but I won’t show you.

>

> You might know you might not but don’t get bent out of shape if someone doubts you. Plenty of false information given out daily here. Heck just the other day someone was bragging about getting a set of blueprints because they are limited. This is after Ping announced it wasn’t. You say golfnut is upset but to me it appears you don’t like to be questioned. I don’t get why you would even bring it up if your not going to back it up.

>

> Blade, if a person had respect not to give up a source they wouldn’t even bring it up that you knew. People who go around bragging about knowing a secret tend to people who like attention. In other news, I read your post about the blueprints glad you are enjoying them.

>

> Let’s just all agree TM messed this up in one way or another.

>

>

>

>

001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

The fact that these are NC milled finish should allow them to dial in final weight with great specificity. High likelihood too that tungsten weight is placed differently for tour players. It's a business decision not to offer "tour weight" because there's never been many irons that do have that and that has been for decent rational reasons. "TW spec" should not just be about loft, weight configuration is key variable too. See 681 vs T-stamps.

• Like 1

if you know, you KNOW....... ;)

> @cota0429 said:

> Because I don’t have to back anything up. I’m not bent out shape about anything. People can chose to believe the information or not. No one is forcing anyone to believe anything. But I’m not going to tarnish relationships just to prove a point to nobody. This site is about information. And yes there is always going to be someone claiming this and that. Most of the time it’s not true, sometimes it is... I know there are some guys that have been around since the Nike days and wondered how close to the real gamers these are. My posts are for them... not for those that want to challenge the validity of my post. I could care less about those people. Do people have the right to challenge the validity of my posts? Sure they do it’s an open forum but it doesn’t mean I have to respond how people want me to. We cluttered up the thread enough. Let’s just agree to disagree and if people don’t want to believe it then don’t. Some guys care to know that there is a difference. Some could care less lol

>

> But you are right. Either way TM kind of messed this up in some way or another. Lol

>

> > @bluejeeprubi said:

> > > @cota0429 said:

> > > The whole topic was on the weight of the heads compared to Tigers. That’s still doesn’t change no matter what point you try to prove about club making. If you think raw head weight doesn’t matter in his irons I don’t know what to tell you. But keep beating a dead horse, you are filling the thread up with nonsense. If people want to believe the heads are not Tiger weight... believe it...if you don’t then don’t. It’s still a good club, it’s just not Tigers headweight.

> >

> > I have a friend with a pet unicorn, it is real but I won’t show you a picture. I work for the government and I have proof that aliens are real but I won’t show you.

> >

> > You might know you might not but don’t get bent out of shape if someone doubts you. Plenty of false information given out daily here. Heck just the other day someone was bragging about getting a set of blueprints because they are limited. This is after Ping announced it wasn’t. You say golfnut is upset but to me it appears you don’t like to be questioned. I don’t get why you would even bring it up if your not going to back it up.

> >

> > Blade, if a person had respect not to give up a source they wouldn’t even bring it up that you knew. People who go around bragging about knowing a secret tend to people who like attention. In other news, I read your post about the blueprints glad you are enjoying them.

> >

> > Let’s just all agree TM messed this up in one way or another.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

• Like 1

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> Early last month, Martin Kaymer put #P7TW in his bag. This week at #theMemorial he ranks 10th in Strokes Gained-Approach the Green and will lean on his new clubs to try and pick up his fourth victory on Tour. #TeamTaylorMade

Looking great so far!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

Tigers looking good going into PB. Peaking at the right time!

001 TW Proto

Got to hit the blueprints against these...hate the Blues. They look flat out better, but are a harder, louder clicky iron. I was able to check out a full set of the TWs and they are gorgeous as well. But I think with what TM had put everyone through I'm just gonna order the Cobra MBs and be done with it.

• Like 1

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

Anyone watch the show on Golf Channel this evening? This guy was talking about how older iron tech would lead to some clubs being hotter than others. "He won't have to worry about that with these new irons."

I'm watching this right after Tiger airmailed the 14th green at Memorial two days in a row, seemingly from an iron going a lot further than he expected. Just kind of amusing to hear that kind of commentary in this show.

wonder what they did to the irons to take the window down without adding distance?

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

> @scott_Donald said:

> wonder what they did to the irons to take the window down without adding distance?

The opposite of the "distance" iron....more loft will create more spin and less distance; move the cog higher (can you say tungsten) and that will reduce launch height...bingo!

DRIVER:  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Just back from a long weekend playing golf in Wales, 4 rounds on a firm and windy links course. This head shaft combo (P7TW and S400) irons 'stock shot' is high, straight and spinny, which is a change for me because I have always been quite a low runner type player. With that said these irons like to be moved around, high low, left to right they will do it, also they are great on undulating ground as you can move the sole around to fit anything.

They are a full club shorter than my Srixon z765 but then they are half an inch shorter and weaker lofted, as standard they might as well have one higher number on each club compared to the srixons.

Im having them regripped as those cords are poor when they're wet and rock hard when its not, you might as well just wrap string around the shaft. No need when there are many good grips that actually grip available

The shafts are very heavy and stiff but give great control, they certainly aint low spin/low launch in my experience, so Im sticking with them. My srixons have nippon 120 s

Any way hope thats informative in a small way

• Like 1

Checking back in to just say that i'm absolutely loving playing these. I've always kind of teetered on the line of MB and CB, just finding that the extra bit of forgiveness helps me score. I feel like the TW's faces are so big for a blade both length and face height that they still feel easy to hit for me. I've been hitting them very straight and finally think they make take the starter spot in my lineup.

• Like 2

These have been awesome for me. They do play shorter than my previous clubs though. I’ve noticed I have hit better shots with them on the longer irons and perhaps they are a little more forgiving than I am used too. It could also be in my head about them being the slightly weaker Tiger Lofts.

Anyone care to weigh in if a few degrees of loft on the 3-5 irons would actually help me hit better shots? More of the thinner sole potentially?

> @HiGun said:

> Just back from a long weekend playing golf in Wales, 4 rounds on a firm and windy links course. This head shaft combo (P7TW and S400) irons 'stock shot' is high, straight and spinny, which is a change for me because I have always been quite a low runner type player. With that said these irons like to be moved around, high low, left to right they will do it, also they are great on undulating ground as you can move the sole around to fit anything.

> They are a full club shorter than my Srixon z765 but then they are half an inch shorter and weaker lofted, as standard they might as well have one higher number on each club compared to the srixons.

> Im having them regripped as those cords are poor when they're wet and rock hard when its not, you might as well just wrap string around the shaft. No need when there are many good grips that actually grip available

> The shafts are very heavy and stiff but give great control, they certainly aint low spin/low launch in my experience, so Im sticking with them. My srixons have nippon 120 s

> Any way hope thats informative in a small way

They sound like a terrific fit for you...

The golf channel special on his equipment was awesome. First time they actually showed most of his specs as well. Pretty cool. He was putting them to work. Glad they gave MT the credit he deserved as well. Good job TM

• Like 1

001 TW Proto