Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @GolfBum82 said:

> I’m hoping that TM is being conservative with these 60 day ship dates. We will see. Blade, when are your blueprint irons coming?

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > July 12.....hoping sooner

> > >

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > > Just put my order in with my TM guy!

> > > >

> > > > Nice. What time frame did they give you? Last time I looked on TM site it said mid July for a ship date.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I wish you luck. But unless they get a shipment of heads in , there’s no chance you see them before mid July. I checked back in today. My shop still doesn’t have a set. Still saying mid June for their sets which were ordered day 1.

> >

> > Now if you order 4-pw with some obscure shaft and grip , you could get them tomorrow it seems. Lol

>

>

Supposedly 1st of June. But. I will say that Ping has not admitted a official release date yet. But they did cal to confirm specs ( I ordered plus 1/2 inch modus 130x with 3 degree up lies. And TV full cords ). So one has to assume they are building them , but aren’t going to say they are yet ??!! Lol. So who knows.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > July 12.....hoping sooner

> > >

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > > Just put my order in with my TM guy!

> > > >

> > > > Nice. What time frame did they give you? Last time I looked on TM site it said mid July for a ship date.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I wish you luck. But unless they get a shipment of heads in , there’s no chance you see them before mid July. I checked back in today. My shop still doesn’t have a set. Still saying mid June for their sets which were ordered day 1.

> >

> > Now if you order 4-pw with some obscure shaft and grip , you could get them tomorrow it seems. Lol

>

> Not totally true. I was looking yesterday at ordering them with modus 120s 4-PW and MCC +4 grips and it was still telling me mid July....

Was mostly being facetious on the getting them tomorrow crack.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > July 12.....hoping sooner

> > > >

> > > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > > > Just put my order in with my TM guy!

> > > > >

> > > > > Nice. What time frame did they give you? Last time I looked on TM site it said mid July for a ship date.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I wish you luck. But unless they get a shipment of heads in , there’s no chance you see them before mid July. I checked back in today. My shop still doesn’t have a set. Still saying mid June for their sets which were ordered day 1.

> > >

> > > Now if you order 4-pw with some obscure shaft and grip , you could get them tomorrow it seems. Lol

> >

> > Not totally true. I was looking yesterday at ordering them with modus 120s 4-PW and MCC +4 grips and it was still telling me mid July....

> Was mostly being facetious on the getting them tomorrow crack.

>

I thought so ?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

I have an update from the TW set I gave my nephew. He didn’t like them compared to his 680MBs that I gave him last year..Had a harder (not harsh) feeling at impact compared to MBs. Did not like the length of the long irons. Virtually identical performance to the 680s with same lofts and shafts. 8 other members of the team played with them and 3 really liked them. The other 5 wouldn’t give up their existing gamers for them. Another interesting statistic is only 1 of the 4 full ride scholarship players liked them. And not unexpected as they are college kids the 4 iron and 9 iron have been lost.. Only 2 of the women on the women’s team tried them and said too much club for them..

Oh and blade my name wasn’t intended to be an ad (haven’t played ping in 2 years). It was the only thing that worked that wasn’t taken (tried my old GEA moniker but said it was taken) and was influenced by the fact I had data on the Blueprints as far as release date and cost from a rep. instead of speculation. The only thing that has changed is they aren’t limited to steel anymore they will build anything. When My Blueprints arrive after a few swings they will be off to my niece who has finished her residency and is going into private practice. Feels as a doctor she needs to get back to the “stereotype” of doctors playing golf. She did attend college on a partial golf scholarship so wasn’t going to go pro, but she was top five so score counted at all tournaments..

> @Pinging77 said:

> I have an update from the TW set I gave my nephew. He didn’t like them compared to his 680MBs that I gave him last year..Had a harder (not harsh) feeling at impact compared to MBs. Did not like the length of the long irons. Virtually identical performance to the 680s with same lofts and shafts. 8 other members of the team played with them and 3 really liked them. The other 5 wouldn’t give up their existing gamers for them. Another interesting statistic is only 1 of the 4 full ride scholarship players liked them. And not unexpected as they are college kids the 4 iron and 9 iron have been lost.. Only 2 of the women on the women’s team tried them and said too much club for them..

>

> Oh and blade my name wasn’t intended to be an ad (haven’t played ping in 2 years). It was the only thing that worked that wasn’t taken (tried my old GEA moniker but said it was taken) and was influenced by the fact I had data on the Blueprints as far as release date and cost from a rep. instead of speculation. The only thing that has changed is they aren’t limited to steel anymore they will build anything. My Blueprints are built (but still won’t cough up release date) and after a few swings will be off to my niece who has finished her residency and is going into private practice. Feels as a doctor she needs to get back to the “stereotype” of doctors playing golf. She did attend college on a partial golf scholarship so wasn’t going to go pro, but she was top five so score counted at all tournaments..

So...what irons are you playing currently?

> @Pinging77 said:

> I have an update from the TW set I gave my nephew. He didn’t like them compared to his 680MBs that I gave him last year..Had a harder (not harsh) feeling at impact compared to MBs. Did not like the length of the long irons. Virtually identical performance to the 680s with same lofts and shafts. 8 other members of the team played with them and 3 really liked them. The other 5 wouldn’t give up their existing gamers for them. Another interesting statistic is only 1 of the 4 full ride scholarship players liked them. And not unexpected as they are college kids the 4 iron and 9 iron have been lost.. Only 2 of the women on the women’s team tried them and said too much club for them..

>

> Oh and blade my name wasn’t intended to be an ad (haven’t played ping in 2 years). It was the only thing that worked that wasn’t taken (tried my old GEA moniker but said it was taken) and was influenced by the fact I had data on the Blueprints as far as release date and cost from a rep. instead of speculation. The only thing that has changed is they aren’t limited to steel anymore they will build anything. My Blueprints are built (but still won’t cough up release date) and after a few swings will be off to my niece who has finished her residency and is going into private practice. Feels as a doctor she needs to get back to the “stereotype” of doctors playing golf. She did attend college on a partial golf scholarship so wasn’t going to go pro, but she was top five so score counted at all tournaments..

Are you accepting applications for another nephew?

• Like 2

> @denvergolf said:

> > @Pinging77 said:

> > I have an update from the TW set I gave my nephew. He didn’t like them compared to his 680MBs that I gave him last year..Had a harder (not harsh) feeling at impact compared to MBs. Did not like the length of the long irons. Virtually identical performance to the 680s with same lofts and shafts. 8 other members of the team played with them and 3 really liked them. The other 5 wouldn’t give up their existing gamers for them. Another interesting statistic is only 1 of the 4 full ride scholarship players liked them. And not unexpected as they are college kids the 4 iron and 9 iron have been lost.. Only 2 of the women on the women’s team tried them and said too much club for them..

> >

> > Oh and blade my name wasn’t intended to be an ad (haven’t played ping in 2 years). It was the only thing that worked that wasn’t taken (tried my old GEA moniker but said it was taken) and was influenced by the fact I had data on the Blueprints as far as release date and cost from a rep. instead of speculation. The only thing that has changed is they aren’t limited to steel anymore they will build anything. My Blueprints are built (but still won’t cough up release date) and after a few swings will be off to my niece who has finished her residency and is going into private practice. Feels as a doctor she needs to get back to the “stereotype” of doctors playing golf. She did attend college on a partial golf scholarship so wasn’t going to go pro, but she was top five so score counted at all tournaments..

>

> So...what irons are you playing currently?

Titleist CNCPT 02..and nothing to date close to them since I got them last year. Before that Muira CB57...

Got to hit these at demo day yesterday. These are probably the only blades I’d play if I played blades. The shapes are perfect and I love the solid/more firm feel of them. Not a huge fun of super soft

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

> @Pinging77 said:

>

> Oh and blade my name wasn’t intended to be an ad (haven’t played ping in 2 years). It was the only thing that worked that wasn’t taken (tried my old GEA moniker but said it was taken) and was influenced by the fact I had data on the Blueprints as far as release date and cost from a rep. instead of speculation. The only thing that has changed is they aren’t limited to steel anymore they will build anything. When My Blueprints arrive after a few swings they will be off to my niece who has finished her residency and is going into private practice. Feels as a doctor she needs to get back to the “stereotype” of doctors playing golf. She did attend college on a partial golf scholarship so wasn’t going to go pro, but she was top five so score counted at all tournaments..

The 680's are sooooo good.... I try every blade that gets released on the market and nothing can kick them out of the bag.....

So update on my friend's set. Now remember, he ordered his BEFORE the Master's win just a day or 2 after they started the pre sale. This past friday (5/17) he finally called TM and got a ship date of Mid June. Lost some respect for Taylormade on this one. You don't advertise a May 1 release and then push it back a month and a half on people without any notice or forewarning! They didn't offer him anything for their screw up either. A box of balls, hat, glove, something? Crazy, I thought TM was better than that. There's a good chance he cancels the order and goes with another brand.

• Like 1

> @speeder757 said:

> > @KeithM38 said:

> > Cobra MB irons.....

>

> These are the most underrated blades in golf

I've been going back and forth with the P7TW and the Cobra MBs. I think the way TM has handled this release/event I'll be going Cobra.

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

> @KeithM38 said:

> > @speeder757 said:

> > > @KeithM38 said:

> > > Cobra MB irons.....

> >

> > These are the most underrated blades in golf

>

> I've been going back and forth with the P7TW and the Cobra MBs. I think the way TM has handled this release/event I'll be going Cobra.

I love my Cobra MB's..... Its between the Titleist 680's and Cobra MB's as best blade on the market for me..... I wasnt impressed with the TW's when I hit them..... even though I love the design

> @Downtown_Brown_41 said:

> I’m canceling my order. Called and was told June. Before that it was May 27th. I’m bummed out that TM screwed this up so bad. Blueprints or JPX 919’s might be in the future

I’ve played TM irons since 2002 and as good looking as the P7TWs are, they’ve really messed up the release. Also, after the launch of the Blueprints today, I’d have to say that they just flat out look better than the TWs....

> @Downtown_Brown_41 said:

> Went in to a local shop to get a new grip on the driver and walked out with 4-p lol. Unexpected but couldn’t pass them up when they were right in front of me

Lucky!

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @Downtown_Brown_41 said:

> > Went in to a local shop to get a new grip on the driver and walked out with 4-p lol. Unexpected but couldn’t pass them up when they were right in front of me

>

> Lucky!

See. This ^ makes no sense. How does a shop have a set on the rack and a custom order goes unfilled? I know I know , I’ll see myself out.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @Downtown_Brown_41 said:

> > > Went in to a local shop to get a new grip on the driver and walked out with 4-p lol. Unexpected but couldn’t pass them up when they were right in front of me

> >

> > Lucky!

>

> See. This ^ makes no sense. How does a shop have a set on the rack and a custom order goes unfilled? I know I know , I’ll see myself out.

Gee, I dunno, perhaps the company is keeping faith with their brick and mortar locations by providing them sets instead only serving those who buy from the website or place custom orders? How much brain power does that take?

Some of the posts in here are far beyond whining at this point...

• Like 3

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

> @Golfrnut said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > @Downtown_Brown_41 said:

> > > > Went in to a local shop to get a new grip on the driver and walked out with 4-p lol. Unexpected but couldn’t pass them up when they were right in front of me

> > >

> > > Lucky!

> >

> > See. This ^ makes no sense. How does a shop have a set on the rack and a custom order goes unfilled? I know I know , I’ll see myself out.

>

> Gee, I dunno, perhaps the company is keeping faith with their brick and mortar locations by providing them sets instead only serving those who buy from the website or place custom orders? How much brain power does that take?

>

> Some of the posts in here are far beyond whining at this point...

lol it is pretty comical to see. You would think by now he has moved on.

• Like 1

> @Golfrnut said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > @Downtown_Brown_41 said:

> > > > Went in to a local shop to get a new grip on the driver and walked out with 4-p lol. Unexpected but couldn’t pass them up when they were right in front of me

> > >

> > > Lucky!

> >

> > See. This ^ makes no sense. How does a shop have a set on the rack and a custom order goes unfilled? I know I know , I’ll see myself out.

>

> Gee, I dunno, perhaps the company is keeping faith with their brick and mortar locations by providing them sets instead only serving those who buy from the website or place custom orders? How much brain power does that take?

>

> Some of the posts in here are far beyond whining at this point...

Come on man. Turn a light hearted post into an argument.

As I’ve stated before. My shop ordered 3 sets day 1. After that I had 1 order changed to tag it as mine. Neither of those 3 have been shipped. This is s green grass account that’s been a TM retail location since they started selling clubs. Largest green grass account in 3 counties. If they aren’t making them happy. They aren’t making any brick and mortar happy. Was in there this am snd heard the owner chewing the rep on the phone ( again ) and I quote “ I just sent you guys $16k for last month and I’m not happy about that since I have $6k worth of irons on order that have been bought and canceled and that I may not be able To sell now and still haven’t seen yet ..... if they don’t ship as promised this time , cancel all 3 “

My hand to the heavens that happened. Why do you think TM stopped answering direct questions here ? The comments aren’t just bizarre. They are true. Such a weird thing to see eBay and the bst conversed with sets for sale and none coming from TM.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Golfrnut said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > @Downtown_Brown_41 said:

> > > > > Went in to a local shop to get a new grip on the driver and walked out with 4-p lol. Unexpected but couldn’t pass them up when they were right in front of me

> > > >

> > > > Lucky!

> > >

> > > See. This ^ makes no sense. How does a shop have a set on the rack and a custom order goes unfilled? I know I know , I’ll see myself out.

> >

> > Gee, I dunno, perhaps the company is keeping faith with their brick and mortar locations by providing them sets instead only serving those who buy from the website or place custom orders? How much brain power does that take?

> >

> > Some of the posts in here are far beyond whining at this point...

>

> Come on man. Turn a light hearted post into an argument.

>

> As I’ve stated before. My shop ordered 3 sets day 1. After that I had 1 order changed to tag it as mine. Neither of those 3 have been shipped. This is s green grass account that’s been a TM retail location since they started selling clubs. Largest green grass account in 3 counties. If they aren’t making them happy. They aren’t making any brick and mortar happy. Was in there this am snd heard the owner chewing the rep on the phone ( again ) and I quote “ I just sent you guys $16k for last month and I’m not happy about that since I have $6k worth of irons on order that have been bought and canceled and that I may not be able To sell now and still haven’t seen yet ..... if they don’t ship as promised this time , cancel all 3 “

>

> My hand to the heavens that happened. Why do you think TM stopped answering direct questions here ? The comments aren’t just bizarre. They are true. Such a weird thing to see eBay and the bst conversed with sets for sale and none coming from TM.

Perhaps your beef needs to be with all those that either bought the sets and then decided they didn’t want them or bought them and flipped them? There’s where your 3 sets went. Save the rest of us all the time of seeing you post about your displeasure for the 37th time. Obviously TM isn’t going to magically give you preferential treatment, so constantly repeating yourself in this thread doesn’t do anything bu clog it up with the same nonsense over and over again...might as well be spam.

I wouldn’t bother giving you the time of day either if I were in charge of running the TM account here...so to many it’s probably no surprise you haven’t heard anything.

• Like 1

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

TM deserves a little slack here. Two weeks before these were to be released, Tiger wins at Augusta causing demand to skyrocket. They certainly could've handled the release better, but I think they did the best they could given the circumstance. TM's silence on the release and these issues is the only item that causes me pause. I will get a set at some point, but for those here stating they are clearing out their bag of any TM products b/c of this, get a grip.

• Like 1

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom