2019 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play

Darth Putter

> @lowheel said:

> > @handicap122003 said:

> > Why the ‘tied’ rather than all square?

>

> trying to attract millennial viewers and dont want them getting confused

Dumbest reason ever, when I was young and started to watch a sport I wasn't already familiar with I took an interest and made the effort to learn that sports' vernacular, rules etc. This approach isn't good for anyone, it's embarrassing.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @handicap122003 said:

> > > Why the ‘tied’ rather than all square?

> >

> > trying to attract millennial viewers and dont want them getting confused

>

> Dumbest reason ever, when I was young and started to watch a sport I wasn't already familiar with I took an interest and made the effort to learn that sports' vernacular, rules etc. This approach isn't good for anyone, it's embarrassing.

>

Agree. Maybe the dumbest changer he USga has made. I can think of no logical reason to change the wording . “Halved” properly describes the halving of a point. “ tied” does not. Tied leaves one asking “ why no overtime “? Just ignorant.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I worry about Tiger facing one of the top Euro “young guns” - we saw how that ended with Rahm vs Tiger at the Ryder Cup.

A top pro not being able to rely on hitting irons to required distances (either in wind or not) is a problem. But I’m very happy to hear Tiger’s “freed-up” his neck, that’s only a good thing going forward.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > You getting defensive about Tiger when others provide a little honesty… “some things never change”. You know it's ok to be honest about what transpired with Tiger? As I said, a win is a win but lets not kid ourselves about your opponent shooting +5. It can't all be pom poms and unicorns.

> >

> > > @gatorMD said:

> > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > Tiger couldn't have got a much easier opponent playing worse golf (Wise was +5 over). A win is a win but Tiger’s performance doesn’t fill me with much confidence if I'm honest.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > > > > @gatorMD said:

> > > > > > YJS somehow got a 1/2 a point. YJS still yippin.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tiger's win was even more "scrappy."

> > > > > He won SIX holes with a par and one with a bogey.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > CR being critical of TW. Even with a new site layout some things don't change.

> >

> >

>

> Dont worry yourself CR

> TW just hittin it too good . Actually remarkable TW beat the "young gun", Byron Nelson winner, when TW only had "a little bit of practice time" ; )

>

> https://www.golfchannel.com/news/freed-neck-has-tiger-woods-hitting-it-too-good

>

> Freed-up neck has Tiger hitting it too good

>

> Woods’ 3-and-1 win over Aaron Wise wasn’t all that pretty, but at least it wasn’t uncomfortable. If anything, Woods thinks he might have hit the ball too well.

>

> “Joey says it's a nice problem to have, but I was hitting my irons flush and hitting through the wind,” he said. “But I said, ‘This is not the time to be encouraging me like this right now. I just hit it over the back of three greens in a row.’ So I probably have to dial that down a little bit and figure that out.”

>

> “My neck has been freed up a little bit, and I'm able to get into a better posture and that helps,” he said. “And because of that, I'm able to log in a little bit of practice time, which is nice.”

> @bladehunter said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > > @handicap122003 said:

> > > > Why the ‘tied’ rather than all square?

> > >

> > > trying to attract millennial viewers and dont want them getting confused

> >

> > Dumbest reason ever, when I was young and started to watch a sport I wasn't already familiar with I took an interest and made the effort to learn that sports' vernacular, rules etc. This approach isn't good for anyone, it's embarrassing.

> >

>

> Agree. Maybe the dumbest changer he USga has made. I can think of no logical reason to change the wording . “Halved” properly describes the halving of a point. “ tied” does not. Tied leaves one asking “ why no overtime “? Just ignorant.

The change was the result of the desire to use more "common language" in the rules. No overtime is fine for this format until they leave pool play

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

> @Tasals said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > > @"Big Cat 3" said:

> > > Nobilo in all his usual stupidity said this about one of the players “ he ranks 132 in putting and also has dyslexia so that’s another disadvantage” .... yes, he said that ! What disadvantage ? do the players have to read to each other between holes during the match play event? or tneve

> > > Nobilo please please just think for once

> >

> > well, if the putt breaks right to left, will the player think it breaks the other way? ... frank may have a point, there ...

>

> Dyslexia is a difficulty reading due to discerning speech sounds and their relations to written characters. It is a decoding of information problem. It affects the brain in its speech center. Not any spacial awareness areas.

was being facetious ...

> @3jacker said:

> Good lord some of you guys are so serious

YOU'RE NOT?!?!?! lol i couldn't even type that without smiling

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

Lol. I can't help but laugh at the image of Tasals taking the time to write out a description of what dyslexia really is and while it might affect one's ability to read written language it wouldn't translate to reading greens.

He really did that.

That's hilarious!

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

> @3jacker said:

> Lol. I can't help but laugh at the image of Tasals taking the time to write out a description of what dyslexia really is and while it might affect one's ability to read written language it wouldn't translate to reading greens.

> He really did that.

> That's hilarious!

?tghir wnok i

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

Why not. It’s not a choice. Some of us don’t have a ready made shelter. Anyone who’s happy go lucky without a care is afforded that ability by someone else. The world doesn’t give that privilege automatically.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I don't either. But everything we need is available. You think I have "ready made shelter?" I don't. I could be broke in a year, living on the street (it'd take a lot, but it could happen). I could still look back on that and find it humorous, I'm sure. Because who's to say I deserved what I had before?

People with nothing are happy and people with much are unhappy. If you are the sort who thinks life is hard and full of unpleasantness, that's what you'll find.

And regardless of which side you come down on, I think at this level "winning the Grand Slam" is will not make or break a life. Can we at least agree on that?

And further, can we agree that regardless of how dead serious life is or isn't, someone mistaking a joke on an internet board can be funny to others that might have more relaxed way of enjoying their ride through this existence?

• Like 1

Titleist 818 H2 21*
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

...so ANYway...

golf is on --

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > > @handicap122003 said:

> > > Why the ‘tied’ rather than all square?

> >

> > trying to attract millennial viewers and dont want them getting confused

>

> Dumbest reason ever, when I was young and started to watch a sport I wasn't already familiar with I took an interest and made the effort to learn that sports' vernacular, rules etc. This approach isn't good for anyone, it's embarrassing.

>

Fortunately, ESPN is still using "AS" to denote a match where the result was tied.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @3jacker said:

> I don't either. But everything we need is available. You think I have "ready made shelter?" I don't. I could be broke in a year, living on the street (it'd take a lot, but it could happen). I could still look back on that and find it humorous, I'm sure. Because who's to say I deserved what I had before?

> People with nothing are happy and people with much are unhappy. If you are the sort who thinks life is hard and full of unpleasantness, that's what you'll find.

>

> And regardless of which side you come down on, I think at this level "winning the Grand Slam" is will not make or break a life. Can we at least agree on that?

>

> And further, can we agree that regardless of how dead serious life is or isn't, someone mistaking a joke on an internet board can be funny to others that might have more relaxed way of enjoying their ride through this existence?

Sure. If you read any of my drivel you know that I use a sense of humor often. Albeit sometimes a warped or unpopular sense of humor. Lol.

But I’m not sure a disability really qualifies as funny. Not sure that Nobilo was making a joke when he mentioned it.

I wonder who the player is?

For the record dyslexia can effect far more than reading comprehension. It also effects how people with it process info in general. Her have to have a caddy who spoke his language ( think bubba type eccentricity) .... and I can see how dependent on hand orientation and eye dominance how it could effect putting a great deal. But in fairness would be a rare thing to have it be a big issue.

I say all that from the perspective of my own deal. I’ve been researching myself and my information and directional input flaws for 2 years now. No official diagnosis, but I’ve tested twice on the moderately effected end of the dyslexia spectrum and yet I have no issues with transposing letters in writing and always read very fast and well above grade level throughout school. But. With processing written instruction or even things like a menu change at a restaurant that may say the same thing but format it differently. I’m nearly blind. I go blank and lots of times just randomly pick an item when time to order. I’ve come to know that I memorize everything. Without knowing it. But yet I have horrid short term memory.

Back to the putting connection. Left eye dominant right handed player who is very ambidextrous, borderline on identifying as a lefty in most things. ( hit for more power left handed in baseball etc ). Putting is very hard for me. Some days it all clicks. Some days I cannot hit the hole from 4 ft. I putt equally well conventional , left hand low and even left handed. Gifted but also handicapped. It’s like my brain is processing what it sees differently one day to the next. I’m not proclaiming a smoking gun or connection definitely. I’m just saying that in studying myself these are things that I’ve learned about me.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

How you think about something is ultimately a “choice” btw. 2 people can look at the same situation or circumstance and see it in completely different ways, one can see it to be empowering and the other to be disempowering. It's up to the individual to decide.

> @bladehunter said:

> Why not. It’s not a choice. Some of us don’t have a ready made shelter. Anyone who’s happy go lucky without a care is afforded that ability by someone else. The world doesn’t give that privilege automatically.

> @handicap122003 said:

> Why the ‘tied’ rather than all square?

The USGA and R&A actually changed the match-play terminology in the RoG. No more "halved" or "dormie".

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

> @bladehunter said:

> > @3jacker said:

> > I don't either. But everything we need is available. You think I have "ready made shelter?" I don't. I could be broke in a year, living on the street (it'd take a lot, but it could happen). I could still look back on that and find it humorous, I'm sure. Because who's to say I deserved what I had before?

> > People with nothing are happy and people with much are unhappy. If you are the sort who thinks life is hard and full of unpleasantness, that's what you'll find.

> >

> > And regardless of which side you come down on, I think at this level "winning the Grand Slam" is will not make or break a life. Can we at least agree on that?

> >

> > And further, can we agree that regardless of how dead serious life is or isn't, someone mistaking a joke on an internet board can be funny to others that might have more relaxed way of enjoying their ride through this existence?

>

>

> Sure. If you read any of my drivel you know that I use a sense of humor often. Albeit sometimes a warped or unpopular sense of humor. Lol.

>

> But I’m not sure a disability really qualifies as funny. Not sure that Nobilo was making a joke when he mentioned it.

>

> I wonder who the player is?

>

> For the record dyslexia can effect far more than reading comprehension. It also effects how people with it process info in general. Her have to have a caddy who spoke his language ( think bubba type eccentricity) .... and I can see how dependent on hand orientation and eye dominance how it could effect putting a great deal. But in fairness would be a rare thing to have it be a big issue.

>

> I say all that from the perspective of my own deal. I’ve been researching myself and my information and directional input flaws for 2 years now. No official diagnosis, but I’ve tested twice on the moderately effected end of the dyslexia spectrum and yet I have no issues with transposing letters in writing and always read very fast and well above grade level throughout school. But. With processing written instruction or even things like a menu change at a restaurant that may say the same thing but format it differently. I’m nearly blind. I go blank and lots of times just randomly pick an item when time to order. I’ve come to know that I memorize everything. Without knowing it. But yet I have horrid short term memory.

>

> Back to the putting connection. Left eye dominant right handed player who is very ambidextrous, borderline on identifying as a lefty in most things. ( hit for more power left handed in baseball etc ). Putting is very hard for me. Some days it all clicks. Some days I cannot hit the hole from 4 ft. I putt equally well conventional , left hand low and even left handed. Gifted but also handicapped. It’s like my brain is processing what it sees differently one day to the next. I’m not proclaiming a smoking gun or connection definitely. I’m just saying that in studying myself these are things that I’ve learned about me.

>

I wasn't making finding dyslexia funny. Or people that have it.

I was very specific.

And I can relate to the menu thing. :) I do the same when I forget my glasses or the menu is thicker than Tolstoy's W&P.

Titleist 818 H2 21*
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> How you think about something is ultimately a “choice” btw. 2 people can look at the same situation or circumstance and see it in completely different ways, one can see it to be empowering and the other to be disempowering. It's up to the individual to decide.

>

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Why not. It’s not a choice. Some of us don’t have a ready made shelter. Anyone who’s happy go lucky without a care is afforded that ability by someone else. The world doesn’t give that privilege automatically.

>

>

At the risk of tots off topic I ll answer this via pm . Lol

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > How you think about something is ultimately a “choice” btw. 2 people can look at the same situation or circumstance and see it in completely different ways, one can see it to be empowering and the other to be disempowering. It's up to the individual to decide.

> >

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Why not. It’s not a choice. Some of us don’t have a ready made shelter. Anyone who’s happy go lucky without a care is afforded that ability by someone else. The world doesn’t give that privilege automatically.

> >

> >

> At the risk of tots off topic I ll answer this via pm . Lol

>

>

>

>

>

thank you for the love of god.

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > How you think about something is ultimately a “choice” btw. 2 people can look at the same situation or circumstance and see it in completely different ways, one can see it to be empowering and the other to be disempowering. It's up to the individual to decide.

> > >

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > Why not. It’s not a choice. Some of us don’t have a ready made shelter. Anyone who’s happy go lucky without a care is afforded that ability by someone else. The world doesn’t give that privilege automatically.

> > >

> > >

> > At the risk of tots off topic I ll answer this via pm . Lol

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> thank you for the love of god.

It's always good to see Blade and CR getting along.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

@bladehunter - I want neither you or CR to go. Love the arguments you and CR get into. Makes WRX feel like "home"

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @"i*windows" said:

> Most impressive result of the day was Tom Lewis all square with Brooks Koepka. Tom Lewis has played great golf over the last few months and has really turned his career around.

In terms of comparative OWGR I agree but Brook's struggled and probably should have still won. Tom Lewis is now swinging the club better than ever, when he first came on tour he had that initial success but his action now looks infinitely better.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]