tsecor

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @JAMH03 said:

> > > > > > > "At 25 Jordan has 11 pga tour wins and 3 majors. Rory at 30 has 15 wins and 4 majors. Hmmm. How does that correlate to Jordan bad , Rory good ?"

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not to pick on anyone. Just a logic puzzle for me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This is why we need standards, and if we don't understand or embrace them we can drift.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The list below is players with most PGA tour wins sorted by age.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Since 25 yr old JS? and 30 yr old RM? have more wins than their peers they are elite compared to everyone interested in playing on the PGA tour their age or younger. Add to that they have more majors than all the next 15 golfers on the list. More wins, and more majors.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I don't think this is an issue of cherry picked data or stats. I think that is an objective standard of excellence. So I don't understand the question they both seem to qualify as greatest in the world their age or younger.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_golfers_with_most_PGA_Tour_wins

> > > > > > > npjzo26q24a3.png

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Exactly. And I’ll add. Jordan has 5 years to pass Rory at 30. That’s an advantage too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But You know. Rory good. Jordan bad.

> > > > >

> > > > > What is the point of this laughably selective career comparison?

> > > > >

> > > > > Why is Rory even in a discussion about Jordan’s precipitous decline?

> > > > >

> > > > > Rory’s current game is pretty good (#4 owgr, players champ, sg leader), and he’s never had a slump anywhere close to this.

> > > >

> > > > First off. Ask Benno. He’s inserted Rory several times in this thread.

> > > >

> > > > Second. It goes to show that Jordan’s record to date is really better than Rory’s. You have to remember the 5 year gap in age and the length of time Rory has been pro. And the Am career isn’t even a close call. The point is Jordan will be fine. If he stops playing tomorrow he’s in the hall of fame. All the idiotic “ he’s just mediocre , he’s done “ comments are eerily similar to reading tiger threads from a year ago. We know how that ended.

> > >

> > >

> > > “It goes to show that Jordan’s record to date is really better than Rory’s.”

> > >

> > > Even the most insane Rory hater (ie you) can’t actually believe this...

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Mmmkay ? I’d capitulate to a compromise of “mostly equal”. But 4 majors is 1 more than 3. 15 is 4 more than 11. Rory has euro wins sure. Jordan has multiples outside the us as well. But Rory has little to no major am record. Jordan has 2 us junior ams ( only tied by tiger ) and a ncaa. Rory was world #1 am for less than a week. A day or two as I recall. Jordan was world #1 am for a while.

> >

> > Like I said. I’d go equal as can be ... but Rory hasn’t done near as much of you factor in potential. Rory should have 8 majors and 20 wins by now. I’ll predict Jordan has 5 majors and 17 wins at least by age 30. Not a bridge too far in a 5 year stretch.

>

> Mentioning the Jr Am while ignoring the Players is just full on trolling.

>

> Rory has 23 wins; Jordan has 14.

Lol. That’s like , your opinion ....man.

Players isn’t a major. Period. And I t was included. It’s in his 15 pga tour wins. That’s what it is. A pga tour win.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > @JAMH03 said:

> > > > > > > > "At 25 Jordan has 11 pga tour wins and 3 majors. Rory at 30 has 15 wins and 4 majors. Hmmm. How does that correlate to Jordan bad , Rory good ?"

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Not to pick on anyone. Just a logic puzzle for me.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This is why we need standards, and if we don't understand or embrace them we can drift.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The list below is players with most PGA tour wins sorted by age.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Since 25 yr old JS? and 30 yr old RM? have more wins than their peers they are elite compared to everyone interested in playing on the PGA tour their age or younger. Add to that they have more majors than all the next 15 golfers on the list. More wins, and more majors.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't think this is an issue of cherry picked data or stats. I think that is an objective standard of excellence. So I don't understand the question they both seem to qualify as greatest in the world their age or younger.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_golfers_with_most_PGA_Tour_wins

> > > > > > > > npjzo26q24a3.png

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Exactly. And I’ll add. Jordan has 5 years to pass Rory at 30. That’s an advantage too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But You know. Rory good. Jordan bad.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What is the point of this laughably selective career comparison?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why is Rory even in a discussion about Jordan’s precipitous decline?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Rory’s current game is pretty good (#4 owgr, players champ, sg leader), and he’s never had a slump anywhere close to this.

> > > > >

> > > > > First off. Ask Benno. He’s inserted Rory several times in this thread.

> > > > >

> > > > > Second. It goes to show that Jordan’s record to date is really better than Rory’s. You have to remember the 5 year gap in age and the length of time Rory has been pro. And the Am career isn’t even a close call. The point is Jordan will be fine. If he stops playing tomorrow he’s in the hall of fame. All the idiotic “ he’s just mediocre , he’s done “ comments are eerily similar to reading tiger threads from a year ago. We know how that ended.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > “It goes to show that Jordan’s record to date is really better than Rory’s.”

> > > >

> > > > Even the most insane Rory hater (ie you) can’t actually believe this...

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Mmmkay ? I’d capitulate to a compromise of “mostly equal”. But 4 majors is 1 more than 3. 15 is 4 more than 11. Rory has euro wins sure. Jordan has multiples outside the us as well. But Rory has little to no major am record. Jordan has 2 us junior ams ( only tied by tiger ) and a ncaa. Rory was world #1 am for less than a week. A day or two as I recall. Jordan was world #1 am for a while.

> > >

> > > Like I said. I’d go equal as can be ... but Rory hasn’t done near as much of you factor in potential. Rory should have 8 majors and 20 wins by now. I’ll predict Jordan has 5 majors and 17 wins at least by age 30. Not a bridge too far in a 5 year stretch.

> >

> > Mentioning the Jr Am while ignoring the Players is just full on trolling.

> >

> > Rory has 23 wins; Jordan has 14.

>

> Lol. That’s like , your opinion ....man.

>

>

> Players isn’t a major. Period. And I t was included. It’s in his 15 pga tour wins. That’s what it is. A pga tour win.

The only “pga tour win” with a major-caliber field, a 5 year pga tour exemption, a multi-year major exemption, and major equivalence for HoF eligibility. Also, the biggest purse and most owgr points.

Surely even your insane Rory hate can’t prevent you from seeing the difference between it and the John Deere.

Both DJ and Spieth know how that major went....DJ choked and it handed Spieth the title....> @bladehunter said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > When you win a major by 8 shots vs winning a major with your competitor 3 putting from 8 feet away, there is a difference. Rory may be the most talented player on tour but he has his fair share of chokes, especially with his putting.....He should already have 5 or 6 majors but he choked in the masters more than once.....at the end of the day, they are both great great players. every golfer goes through dry spells.....Nicklaus, Tiger, Arnie.....it really means nothing until their careers are over

>

> Lol. Come on now. Last part is true. First part. Not. He won the 2015 masters by 4. Beat Rory by 6 and tied several records held by tiger.

> And the 3 putt by DJ didn’t hand him the win. The glorious 3 wood Jordan hit into 18 did. Remember. Nobody made putts on those greens. A 2 putt by dj wasn’t a given. And certainly he wasn’t assured to 1 putt. Looked like a lag putt from 12 feet. If those two are in the same group coming in you don’t see it the same way. Dj wasn’t leading until a bad shot by Jordan on 16 or 17 ( I forget ). So it wasn’t Dj choking it away. Just not capitalizing on the small chance he had. Remeber he blistered a drive on 18 and had an iron ( 5 iron ) in to Jordan’s 3 wood. Jordan hit a better shot and got it in the hole. He deserved to win. And Rory hasn’t sniffed playing like he did when he won by 8. Easier to call that a fluke than anything since it hasn’t been repeated.

bladehunter:

“The point is Jordan will be fine… It goes to show that Jordan’s record to date is really better than Rory’s.”

Really? People said Jordan would be “fine” after 1 month of poor golf, then they said Jordan would be “fine” but his downward spiral & poor golf continued for 3 months, then 6 months, then 9 months, then 12 months, then 15 months, then 18 months…

That’s roughly 20% of Jordan’s professional career and his decline & poor golf is STILL continuing and he’s openly admitted he’s faced/facing mental demons which has now spread into his technical game also. This is not a blip, this is a real worry.

And lets look at the cold facts of both players Wins to Events played in their PGA Tour Careers… as you can see it’s actually Rory who’s is better and he’s also won the bigger events too including 1 more Major, WGC’s, Players etc.

• Jordan - PGA Tour Career Events Played = 163 / 11 wins = 6.74% win ratio

• Mcilroy - PGA Tour Career Events Played = 159 / 15 wins = 9.43% win ratio

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @JAMH03 said:

> > > > "At 25 Jordan has 11 pga tour wins and 3 majors. Rory at 30 has 15 wins and 4 majors. Hmmm. How does that correlate to Jordan bad , Rory good ?"

> > > >

> > > > Not to pick on anyone. Just a logic puzzle for me.

> > > >

> > > > This is why we need standards, and if we don't understand or embrace them we can drift.

> > > >

> > > > The list below is players with most PGA tour wins sorted by age.

> > > >

> > > > Since 25 yr old JS? and 30 yr old RM? have more wins than their peers they are elite compared to everyone interested in playing on the PGA tour their age or younger. Add to that they have more majors than all the next 15 golfers on the list. More wins, and more majors.

> > > >

> > > > I don't think this is an issue of cherry picked data or stats. I think that is an objective standard of excellence. So I don't understand the question they both seem to qualify as greatest in the world their age or younger.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_golfers_with_most_PGA_Tour_wins

> > > > npjzo26q24a3.png

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Exactly. And I’ll add. Jordan has 5 years to pass Rory at 30. That’s an advantage too.

> > >

> > > But You know. Rory good. Jordan bad.

> >

> > What is the point of this laughably selective career comparison?

> >

> > Why is Rory even in a discussion about Jordan’s precipitous decline?

> >

> > Rory’s current game is pretty good (#4 owgr, players champ, sg leader), and he’s never had a slump anywhere close to this.

>

> First off. Ask Benno. He’s inserted Rory several times in this thread.

>

> Second. It goes to show that Jordan’s record to date is really better than Rory’s. You have to remember the 5 year gap in age and the length of time Rory has been pro. And the Am career isn’t even a close call. The point is Jordan will be fine. If he stops playing tomorrow he’s in the hall of fame. All the idiotic “ he’s just mediocre , he’s done “ comments are eerily similar to reading tiger threads from a year ago. We know how that ended.

> @tsecor said:

> Both DJ and Spieth know how that major went....DJ choked and it handed Spieth the title....

It was DJ's tournament at the turn. But then it was Spieth's until he somehow doubled 17. Until this happened, it seemed like it was over. Also, DJ's missed 3-4 footer was to get in a playoff. No one has any idea who would have won the next day.

Truth is, this tournament could have gone either way for a number of reasons. The record book shows it's Spieth's...

> @agolf1 said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > Both DJ and Spieth know how that major went....DJ choked and it handed Spieth the title....

> It was DJ's tournament at the turn. But then it was Spieth's until he somehow doubled 17. Until this happened, it seemed like it was over. Also, DJ's missed 3-4 footer was to get in a playoff. No one has any idea who would have won the next day.

>

> Truth is, this tournament could have gone either way for a number of reasons. The record book shows it's Spieth's...

>

Exactly

If there in same group everyone would say “ spieth almist chokes it away on 17 then comes back on 18 to win. “. But because they were in different groups people refuse to look at it through a logical lense.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > @JAMH03 said:

> > > > > > > > > "At 25 Jordan has 11 pga tour wins and 3 majors. Rory at 30 has 15 wins and 4 majors. Hmmm. How does that correlate to Jordan bad , Rory good ?"

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Not to pick on anyone. Just a logic puzzle for me.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > This is why we need standards, and if we don't understand or embrace them we can drift.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The list below is players with most PGA tour wins sorted by age.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Since 25 yr old JS? and 30 yr old RM? have more wins than their peers they are elite compared to everyone interested in playing on the PGA tour their age or younger. Add to that they have more majors than all the next 15 golfers on the list. More wins, and more majors.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I don't think this is an issue of cherry picked data or stats. I think that is an objective standard of excellence. So I don't understand the question they both seem to qualify as greatest in the world their age or younger.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_golfers_with_most_PGA_Tour_wins

> > > > > > > > > npjzo26q24a3.png

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Exactly. And I’ll add. Jordan has 5 years to pass Rory at 30. That’s an advantage too.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But You know. Rory good. Jordan bad.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What is the point of this laughably selective career comparison?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why is Rory even in a discussion about Jordan’s precipitous decline?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Rory’s current game is pretty good (#4 owgr, players champ, sg leader), and he’s never had a slump anywhere close to this.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > First off. Ask Benno. He’s inserted Rory several times in this thread.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Second. It goes to show that Jordan’s record to date is really better than Rory’s. You have to remember the 5 year gap in age and the length of time Rory has been pro. And the Am career isn’t even a close call. The point is Jordan will be fine. If he stops playing tomorrow he’s in the hall of fame. All the idiotic “ he’s just mediocre , he’s done “ comments are eerily similar to reading tiger threads from a year ago. We know how that ended.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > “It goes to show that Jordan’s record to date is really better than Rory’s.”

> > > > >

> > > > > Even the most insane Rory hater (ie you) can’t actually believe this...

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Mmmkay ? I’d capitulate to a compromise of “mostly equal”. But 4 majors is 1 more than 3. 15 is 4 more than 11. Rory has euro wins sure. Jordan has multiples outside the us as well. But Rory has little to no major am record. Jordan has 2 us junior ams ( only tied by tiger ) and a ncaa. Rory was world #1 am for less than a week. A day or two as I recall. Jordan was world #1 am for a while.

> > > >

> > > > Like I said. I’d go equal as can be ... but Rory hasn’t done near as much of you factor in potential. Rory should have 8 majors and 20 wins by now. I’ll predict Jordan has 5 majors and 17 wins at least by age 30. Not a bridge too far in a 5 year stretch.

> > >

> > > Mentioning the Jr Am while ignoring the Players is just full on trolling.

> > >

> > > Rory has 23 wins; Jordan has 14.

> >

> > Lol. That’s like , your opinion ....man.

> >

> >

> > Players isn’t a major. Period. And I t was included. It’s in his 15 pga tour wins. That’s what it is. A pga tour win.

>

> The only “pga tour win” with a major-caliber field, a 5 year pga tour exemption, a multi-year major exemption, and major equivalence for HoF eligibility. Also, the biggest purse and most owgr points.

>

> Surely even your insane Rory hate can’t prevent you from seeing the difference between it and the John Deere.

>

>

Good job comparing both extremes. Lol

Where is the line drawn ? Do we rank and cull out other pga tour wins ? Based on what ?

Question. Does Rickie Fowler get into the hall of fame without a couple majors ? Answer. Nope.

Players does carry some weight. But. Only when trying to make a case for a 1 major winner to get in. Nobody is getting in on the players alone. It’s good on the resume. But like I said. So is being a decorated am since age 10.

I’m not the one running anybody down here. I’ve said Rory has the most talent. I’ve listed his wins in real numbers. I’ve simply used facts to show that age by age these two are as equal as anyone could really expect two players to be. It’s you guys who refuse to see facts.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

My point is both DJ and Spieth have talked about how fortunate he (spieth) was and how unfortunate DJ was......Nobody is taking anything away from the record books...Spieth has 3....that's amazing at his age....He will be fine, but a 3 putt from 12 feet is a choke no matter how you slice it and it handed Spieth the win.... > @bladehunter said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > Both DJ and Spieth know how that major went....DJ choked and it handed Spieth the title....

> > It was DJ's tournament at the turn. But then it was Spieth's until he somehow doubled 17. Until this happened, it seemed like it was over. Also, DJ's missed 3-4 footer was to get in a playoff. No one has any idea who would have won the next day.

> >

> > Truth is, this tournament could have gone either way for a number of reasons. The record book shows it's Spieth's...

> >

>

> Exactly

>

> If there in same group everyone would say “ spieth almist chokes it away on 17 then comes back on 18 to win. “. But because they were in different groups people refuse to look at it through a logical lense.

> @tsecor said:

> My point is both DJ and Spieth have talked about how fortunate he (spieth) was and how unfortunate DJ was......Nobody is taking anything away from the record books...Spieth has 3....that's amazing at his age....He will be fine, but a 3 putt from 12 feet is a choke no matter how you slice it and it handed Spieth the win.... > @bladehunter said:

> > > @agolf1 said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > Both DJ and Spieth know how that major went....DJ choked and it handed Spieth the title....

> > > It was DJ's tournament at the turn. But then it was Spieth's until he somehow doubled 17. Until this happened, it seemed like it was over. Also, DJ's missed 3-4 footer was to get in a playoff. No one has any idea who would have won the next day.

> > >

> > > Truth is, this tournament could have gone either way for a number of reasons. The record book shows it's Spieth's...

> > >

> >

> > Exactly

> >

> > If there in same group everyone would say “ spieth almist chokes it away on 17 then comes back on 18 to win. “. But because they were in different groups people refuse to look at it through a logical lense.

>

>

Can you link me to DJ saying that Spieth got lucky or he was unlucky ? Fox link here is from right after the win. DJ says “ I had my chances. I missed a ton of putts on the back. It was just hard to get the ball in the hole on these greens “. Paraphrasing somewhat. But close to exact. Opposite of him saying “ I had bad luck “. Or that Jordan “ has good luck “. Still looking. But there’s a quote out there from that Sunday where I remember Jordan distinctly defending himself against the idea that DJ puked to lose it. He said as I recall “ if were on same group it doesn’t look the way some people think it does now. It looks like I made double and then bounced back with a birdie and he didn’t capitalize on my mistake. Not that he has it and 3 putted it away “. Of course you can look at it from the other direction if you want. You can back it up all the way to “ Dj has more talent and of course he will win “ on Thursday morning. But that isn’t how it works and we both know it. The kid made a birdie to win or tie. That’s what he had to do. DJ doesn’t make 1 of 20 on those greens from that distance for eagle. Unless you give him the same putt over and over. And that isn’t how it works either.

https://www.foxsports.com/golf/usga/story/u-s-open-jordan-spieth-wins-title-after-dustin-johnson-falters-on-18th-hole-062115?amp=true

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Who cares where they were by age? Previous successes do not predict future successes. Rory has 15/4 plus some Euro wins. Jordan has 11/3. And is stalled currently. Will he get back to winning? Maybe. He has not won for nearly two years.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Nobody made putts on those greens? I know the greens were bad and maybe my memory is failing but didn't Jason Day drain the exact putt just moments earlier.....DJ said he saw Days putt and had a good read. I mean DJ hits a 340+ yard drive and then a perfect 240 yard 5 iron to 12 feet...then 3 putts after getting a read from Day? This choke is literally one of his worst.......and Spieth said after the match “This was just an odd deal, very odd.” It's a quote that completely acknowledges his fortunate win. ......but lets not digress into what constitutes a choke......if you don't think he choked on that 3 putt, that's fine.

> @tsecor said:

> Both DJ and Spieth know how that major went....DJ choked and it handed Spieth the title....> @bladehunter said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > When you win a major by 8 shots vs winning a major with your competitor 3 putting from 8 feet away, there is a difference. Rory may be the most talented player on tour but he has his fair share of chokes, especially with his putting.....He should already have 5 or 6 majors but he choked in the masters more than once.....at the end of the day, they are both great great players. every golfer goes through dry spells.....Nicklaus, Tiger, Arnie.....it really means nothing until their careers are over

> >

> > Lol. Come on now. Last part is true. First part. Not. He won the 2015 masters by 4. Beat Rory by 6 and tied several records held by tiger.

> > And the 3 putt by DJ didn’t hand him the win. The glorious 3 wood Jordan hit into 18 did. Remember. Nobody made putts on those greens. A 2 putt by dj wasn’t a given. And certainly he wasn’t assured to 1 putt. Looked like a lag putt from 12 feet. If those two are in the same group coming in you don’t see it the same way. Dj wasn’t leading until a bad shot by Jordan on 16 or 17 ( I forget ). So it wasn’t Dj choking it away. Just not capitalizing on the small chance he had. Remeber he blistered a drive on 18 and had an iron ( 5 iron ) in to Jordan’s 3 wood. Jordan hit a better shot and got it in the hole. He deserved to win. And Rory hasn’t sniffed playing like he did when he won by 8. Easier to call that a fluke than anything since it hasn’t been repeated.

>

>

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @JAMH03 said:

> > > > "At 25 Jordan has 11 pga tour wins and 3 majors. Rory at 30 has 15 wins and 4 majors. Hmmm. How does that correlate to Jordan bad , Rory good ?"

> > > >

> > > > Not to pick on anyone. Just a logic puzzle for me.

> > > >

> > > > This is why we need standards, and if we don't understand or embrace them we can drift.

> > > >

> > > > The list below is players with most PGA tour wins sorted by age.

> > > >

> > > > Since 25 yr old JS? and 30 yr old RM? have more wins than their peers they are elite compared to everyone interested in playing on the PGA tour their age or younger. Add to that they have more majors than all the next 15 golfers on the list. More wins, and more majors.

> > > >

> > > > I don't think this is an issue of cherry picked data or stats. I think that is an objective standard of excellence. So I don't understand the question they both seem to qualify as greatest in the world their age or younger.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_golfers_with_most_PGA_Tour_wins

> > > > npjzo26q24a3.png

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Exactly. And I’ll add. Jordan has 5 years to pass Rory at 30. That’s an advantage too.

> > >

> > > But You know. Rory good. Jordan bad.

> >

> > What is the point of this laughably selective career comparison?

> >

> > Why is Rory even in a discussion about Jordan’s precipitous decline?

> >

> > Rory’s current game is pretty good (#4 owgr, players champ, sg leader), and he’s never had a slump anywhere close to this.

>

> First off. Ask Benno. He’s inserted Rory several times in this thread.

>

> Second. It goes to show that Jordan’s record to date is really better than Rory’s. You have to remember the 5 year gap in age and the length of time Rory has been pro. And the Am career isn’t even a close call. The point is Jordan will be fine. If he stops playing tomorrow he’s in the hall of fame. All the idiotic “ he’s just mediocre , he’s done “ comments are eerily similar to reading tiger threads from a year ago. We know how that ended.

Lol, wut? My first comment (and only comment) on Rory in this thread was responding to you saying Rory was never really in Augusta.

PS, this is my second insertion of Rory in this thread, both in response to you bringing it up.

Not a Spieth fan ever since he took absolutely ages to hit his shot back in bounds in the British Open he won. Kuch handled that with grace, I would have been on the officials to dock him a stroke for taking so long. Ever since the dreadful 12th at Augusta he's been in his own head and seems to only be getting deeper and deeper. He's a great guy off the course, but can't bring myself to root for him on it.

Titleist TSI3 Fuji Ventus Blue TR 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 15* Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7X

Ping G425 3 Hybrid 19* Graphite Design AD DI Hybrid 85x 

Ping i210 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 8F 56* 10S 60* 8M DG S300

Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5 BGT LE Stability Shaft

Titleist Prov1x

> @BDowning said:

> Not a Spieth fan ever since he took absolutely ages to hit his shot back in bounds in the British Open he won. Kuch handled that with grace, I would have been on the officials to dock him a stroke for taking so long. Ever since the dreadful 12th at Augusta he's been in his own head and seems to only be getting deeper and deeper. He's a great guy off the course, but can't bring myself to root for him on it.

Seriously ? Do you play golf ? I mean that as respectful as possible.

When you call for a ruling you’re not being timed. Nor on any clock until that ruling is given. He had no control over how long that took. He hit the ball inside 30 -40 seconds after the ball was finally dropped and in play. You cannot do that faster. It’s al on the refs to decide what when and where.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @tsecor said:

> Nobody made putts on those greens? I know the greens were bad and maybe my memory is failing but didn't Jason Day drain the exact putt just moments earlier.....DJ said he saw Days putt and had a good read. I mean DJ hits a 340+ yard drive and then a perfect 240 yard 5 iron to 12 feet...then 3 putts after getting a read from Day? This choke is literally one of his worst.......and Spieth said after the match “This was just an odd deal, very odd.” It's a quote that completely acknowledges his fortunate win. ......but lets not digress into what constitutes a choke......if you don't think he choked on that 3 putt, that's fine.

>

> > @tsecor said:

> > Both DJ and Spieth know how that major went....DJ choked and it handed Spieth the title....> @bladehunter said:

> > > > @tsecor said:

> > > > When you win a major by 8 shots vs winning a major with your competitor 3 putting from 8 feet away, there is a difference. Rory may be the most talented player on tour but he has his fair share of chokes, especially with his putting.....He should already have 5 or 6 majors but he choked in the masters more than once.....at the end of the day, they are both great great players. every golfer goes through dry spells.....Nicklaus, Tiger, Arnie.....it really means nothing until their careers are over

> > >

> > > Lol. Come on now. Last part is true. First part. Not. He won the 2015 masters by 4. Beat Rory by 6 and tied several records held by tiger.

> > > And the 3 putt by DJ didn’t hand him the win. The glorious 3 wood Jordan hit into 18 did. Remember. Nobody made putts on those greens. A 2 putt by dj wasn’t a given. And certainly he wasn’t assured to 1 putt. Looked like a lag putt from 12 feet. If those two are in the same group coming in you don’t see it the same way. Dj wasn’t leading until a bad shot by Jordan on 16 or 17 ( I forget ). So it wasn’t Dj choking it away. Just not capitalizing on the small chance he had. Remeber he blistered a drive on 18 and had an iron ( 5 iron ) in to Jordan’s 3 wood. Jordan hit a better shot and got it in the hole. He deserved to win. And Rory hasn’t sniffed playing like he did when he won by 8. Easier to call that a fluke than anything since it hasn’t been repeated.

> >

> >

>

>

He choked the entire back 9 or else he’d have been leading. Wasn’t at all on that hole. That hole he simply was GIVEN a shot to tie ( spieth gave that with a double on 17) . If spieth pars 17 and birdies 18 DJ needs eagle to tie. Hardly a scene where DJ has a real chance until spieth doubles 17

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Shilgy said:

> Who cares where they were by age? Previous successes do not predict future successes. Rory has 15/4 plus some Euro wins. Jordan has 11/3. And is stalled currently. Will he get back to winning? Maybe. He has not won for nearly two years.

Totally agree. 100.%. We all know nothing. But. That also means Rory May quit playing next week. May never win again. We certainly do not know. We can’t know what one guy will do and not know what another may do.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @benno_r said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @benno_r said:

> > > > @rafal said:

> > > > Coach and caddie have to go. This situation won't resolve without a full reset.

> > > >

> > > > Very poor Byron Nelson showing, he's average, when once belonged to the elite. He won't be back if he doesn't fully reset. He needs to do a wife swap with Patrick. Justine Reed would get his nuts in a vice and stop this wishy washy good boy pulp bullxxxx that's going on right now.

> > > >

> > > > I am so frustrated with his milque toast man-child act at the moment...

> > >

> > > This sums it up. He is just an average run of the mill tour player these days. Might get hot for a round or 2, but never really in contention.

> >

> > Lot like Rory at Augusta. Never really in it.

> >

> > I’m too frustrated with it. But not sure how we blame the caddie. But I do agree that a coaching change is needed. Can’t imagine how a guy like McCormick can let this get so far . Reset yes. Caddie involves ? Nah. I’d bet Mickey has been more frustrated than we are. And has said so. Not much else he can do.

>

> Agreed, neither were in the hunt at Augusta. However Rory was in the hunt at TOC, Farmers Insurance, Genesis, Mexico, Arnold Palmer, Players, and possibly Wells Fargo.

>

> That's why he is elite, and Jordan is run of the mill.

>

>

You are correct. I did print Rory’s name first. But. Simply in comparison to Jordan’s mediocre play to Rory’s mediocrity at Augusta. ( not just this year). Pointbeing when something gets in your head. It’s real. And can happen to anybody.

But you decided to let us know he’d been in contention at other places. As if anybody had said he wasn’t.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @benno_r said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > @rafal said:

> > > > > Coach and caddie have to go. This situation won't resolve without a full reset.

> > > > >

> > > > > Very poor Byron Nelson showing, he's average, when once belonged to the elite. He won't be back if he doesn't fully reset. He needs to do a wife swap with Patrick. Justine Reed would get his nuts in a vice and stop this wishy washy good boy pulp bullxxxx that's going on right now.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am so frustrated with his milque toast man-child act at the moment...

> > > >

> > > > This sums it up. He is just an average run of the mill tour player these days. Might get hot for a round or 2, but never really in contention.

> > >

> > > Lot like Rory at Augusta. Never really in it.

> > >

> > > I’m too frustrated with it. But not sure how we blame the caddie. But I do agree that a coaching change is needed. Can’t imagine how a guy like McCormick can let this get so far . Reset yes. Caddie involves ? Nah. I’d bet Mickey has been more frustrated than we are. And has said so. Not much else he can do.

> >

> > Agreed, neither were in the hunt at Augusta. However Rory was in the hunt at TOC, Farmers Insurance, Genesis, Mexico, Arnold Palmer, Players, and possibly Wells Fargo.

> >

> > That's why he is elite, and Jordan is run of the mill.

> >

> >

>

> You are correct. I did print Rory’s name first. But. Simply in comparison to Jordan’s mediocre play to Rory’s mediocrity at Augusta. ( not just this year). Pointbeing when something gets in your head. It’s real. And can happen to anybody.

>

> But you decided to let us know he’d been in contention at other places. As if anybody had said he wasn’t.

If you don't want correct information about Rory in a Jordan thread, then maybe stop trying to compare 1 poor showing by Rory with over a years poor showing by Jordan.

Edit: seeing this is a Jordan thread, my point may have been better made by listing the tournys in which Jordan hasn't contended. But that's a much longer list.

• Like 1

> @benno_r said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > > @rafal said:

> > > > > > Coach and caddie have to go. This situation won't resolve without a full reset.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Very poor Byron Nelson showing, he's average, when once belonged to the elite. He won't be back if he doesn't fully reset. He needs to do a wife swap with Patrick. Justine Reed would get his nuts in a vice and stop this wishy washy good boy pulp bullxxxx that's going on right now.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am so frustrated with his milque toast man-child act at the moment...

> > > > >

> > > > > This sums it up. He is just an average run of the mill tour player these days. Might get hot for a round or 2, but never really in contention.

> > > >

> > > > Lot like Rory at Augusta. Never really in it.

> > > >

> > > > I’m too frustrated with it. But not sure how we blame the caddie. But I do agree that a coaching change is needed. Can’t imagine how a guy like McCormick can let this get so far . Reset yes. Caddie involves ? Nah. I’d bet Mickey has been more frustrated than we are. And has said so. Not much else he can do.

> > >

> > > Agreed, neither were in the hunt at Augusta. However Rory was in the hunt at TOC, Farmers Insurance, Genesis, Mexico, Arnold Palmer, Players, and possibly Wells Fargo.

> > >

> > > That's why he is elite, and Jordan is run of the mill.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You are correct. I did print Rory’s name first. But. Simply in comparison to Jordan’s mediocre play to Rory’s mediocrity at Augusta. ( not just this year). Pointbeing when something gets in your head. It’s real. And can happen to anybody.

> >

> > But you decided to let us know he’d been in contention at other places. As if anybody had said he wasn’t.

>

> If you don't want correct information about Rory in a Jordan thread, then maybe stop trying to compare 1 poor showing by Rory with over a years poor showing by Jordan.

>

> Edit: seeing this is a Jordan thread, my point may have been better made by listing the tournys in which Jordan hasn't contended. But that's a much longer list.

You’re still not even listening to that point. I’m not talking this year at Augusta. I’m talking every trip Rory has made to Augusta . You can add in his meetings with tiger as well. You can see his eyes glaze over just like Jordan currently. The point was to show that any player can be victim of his own minds traps.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @benno_r said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > @rafal said:

> > > > > Coach and caddie have to go. This situation won't resolve without a full reset.

> > > > >

> > > > > Very poor Byron Nelson showing, he's average, when once belonged to the elite. He won't be back if he doesn't fully reset. He needs to do a wife swap with Patrick. Justine Reed would get his nuts in a vice and stop this wishy washy good boy pulp bullxxxx that's going on right now.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am so frustrated with his milque toast man-child act at the moment...

> > > >

> > > > This sums it up. He is just an average run of the mill tour player these days. Might get hot for a round or 2, but never really in contention.

> > >

> > > Lot like Rory at Augusta. Never really in it.

> > >

> > > I’m too frustrated with it. But not sure how we blame the caddie. But I do agree that a coaching change is needed. Can’t imagine how a guy like McCormick can let this get so far . Reset yes. Caddie involves ? Nah. I’d bet Mickey has been more frustrated than we are. And has said so. Not much else he can do.

> >

> > Agreed, neither were in the hunt at Augusta. However Rory was in the hunt at TOC, Farmers Insurance, Genesis, Mexico, Arnold Palmer, Players, and possibly Wells Fargo.

> >

> > That's why he is elite, and Jordan is run of the mill.

> >

> >

>

> You are correct. I did print Rory’s name first. But. Simply in comparison to Jordan’s mediocre play to Rory’s mediocrity at Augusta. ( not just this year).

Rory’s last 6 years at the Masters:

T8-4-T10-T7-T5-T21

Jordan’s only top ten in the past 52 weeks was a T9 at the Open.

How are those similar?

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > > @rafal said:

> > > > > > Coach and caddie have to go. This situation won't resolve without a full reset.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Very poor Byron Nelson showing, he's average, when once belonged to the elite. He won't be back if he doesn't fully reset. He needs to do a wife swap with Patrick. Justine Reed would get his nuts in a vice and stop this wishy washy good boy pulp bullxxxx that's going on right now.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am so frustrated with his milque toast man-child act at the moment...

> > > > >

> > > > > This sums it up. He is just an average run of the mill tour player these days. Might get hot for a round or 2, but never really in contention.

> > > >

> > > > Lot like Rory at Augusta. Never really in it.

> > > >

> > > > I’m too frustrated with it. But not sure how we blame the caddie. But I do agree that a coaching change is needed. Can’t imagine how a guy like McCormick can let this get so far . Reset yes. Caddie involves ? Nah. I’d bet Mickey has been more frustrated than we are. And has said so. Not much else he can do.

> > >

> > > Agreed, neither were in the hunt at Augusta. However Rory was in the hunt at TOC, Farmers Insurance, Genesis, Mexico, Arnold Palmer, Players, and possibly Wells Fargo.

> > >

> > > That's why he is elite, and Jordan is run of the mill.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You are correct. I did print Rory’s name first. But. Simply in comparison to Jordan’s mediocre play to Rory’s mediocrity at Augusta. ( not just this year).

>

> Rory’s last 6 years at the Masters:

> T8-4-T10-T7-T5-T21

>

> Jordan’s only top ten in the past 52 weeks was a T9 at the Open.

>

> How are those similar?

lol. You guys. Perfectly obtuse.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > > > @rafal said:

> > > > > > > Coach and caddie have to go. This situation won't resolve without a full reset.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Very poor Byron Nelson showing, he's average, when once belonged to the elite. He won't be back if he doesn't fully reset. He needs to do a wife swap with Patrick. Justine Reed would get his nuts in a vice and stop this wishy washy good boy pulp bullxxxx that's going on right now.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I am so frustrated with his milque toast man-child act at the moment...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This sums it up. He is just an average run of the mill tour player these days. Might get hot for a round or 2, but never really in contention.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lot like Rory at Augusta. Never really in it.

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m too frustrated with it. But not sure how we blame the caddie. But I do agree that a coaching change is needed. Can’t imagine how a guy like McCormick can let this get so far . Reset yes. Caddie involves ? Nah. I’d bet Mickey has been more frustrated than we are. And has said so. Not much else he can do.

> > > >

> > > > Agreed, neither were in the hunt at Augusta. However Rory was in the hunt at TOC, Farmers Insurance, Genesis, Mexico, Arnold Palmer, Players, and possibly Wells Fargo.

> > > >

> > > > That's why he is elite, and Jordan is run of the mill.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You are correct. I did print Rory’s name first. But. Simply in comparison to Jordan’s mediocre play to Rory’s mediocrity at Augusta. ( not just this year).

> >

> > Rory’s last 6 years at the Masters:

> > T8-4-T10-T7-T5-T21

> >

> > Jordan’s only top ten in the past 52 weeks was a T9 at the Open.

> >

> > How are those similar?

>

> lol. You guys. Perfectly obtuse.

Bewildered by your Rory whataboutism

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > > > > @rafal said:

> > > > > > > > Coach and caddie have to go. This situation won't resolve without a full reset.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Very poor Byron Nelson showing, he's average, when once belonged to the elite. He won't be back if he doesn't fully reset. He needs to do a wife swap with Patrick. Justine Reed would get his nuts in a vice and stop this wishy washy good boy pulp bullxxxx that's going on right now.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I am so frustrated with his milque toast man-child act at the moment...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This sums it up. He is just an average run of the mill tour player these days. Might get hot for a round or 2, but never really in contention.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lot like Rory at Augusta. Never really in it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I’m too frustrated with it. But not sure how we blame the caddie. But I do agree that a coaching change is needed. Can’t imagine how a guy like McCormick can let this get so far . Reset yes. Caddie involves ? Nah. I’d bet Mickey has been more frustrated than we are. And has said so. Not much else he can do.

> > > > >

> > > > > Agreed, neither were in the hunt at Augusta. However Rory was in the hunt at TOC, Farmers Insurance, Genesis, Mexico, Arnold Palmer, Players, and possibly Wells Fargo.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's why he is elite, and Jordan is run of the mill.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You are correct. I did print Rory’s name first. But. Simply in comparison to Jordan’s mediocre play to Rory’s mediocrity at Augusta. ( not just this year).

> > >

> > > Rory’s last 6 years at the Masters:

> > > T8-4-T10-T7-T5-T21

> > >

> > > Jordan’s only top ten in the past 52 weeks was a T9 at the Open.

> > >

> > > How are those similar?

> >

> > lol. You guys. Perfectly obtuse.

>

> Bewildered by your Rory whataboutism

Bewildered by the Spiethhate thread that continues to flow and the singular attack’s that are lobbed anytime Rory’s underachievement is mentioned. More a curiosity to me. So every now and then I poke the bear. If nothing else to change the subject.

But do carry on. Since I so obviously ? interrupted the positivity that was flowing from this thread.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cdnglf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > > > > > @rafal said:

> > > > > > > > > Coach and caddie have to go. This situation won't resolve without a full reset.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Very poor Byron Nelson showing, he's average, when once belonged to the elite. He won't be back if he doesn't fully reset. He needs to do a wife swap with Patrick. Justine Reed would get his nuts in a vice and stop this wishy washy good boy pulp bullxxxx that's going on right now.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I am so frustrated with his milque toast man-child act at the moment...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This sums it up. He is just an average run of the mill tour player these days. Might get hot for a round or 2, but never really in contention.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Lot like Rory at Augusta. Never really in it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I’m too frustrated with it. But not sure how we blame the caddie. But I do agree that a coaching change is needed. Can’t imagine how a guy like McCormick can let this get so far . Reset yes. Caddie involves ? Nah. I’d bet Mickey has been more frustrated than we are. And has said so. Not much else he can do.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Agreed, neither were in the hunt at Augusta. However Rory was in the hunt at TOC, Farmers Insurance, Genesis, Mexico, Arnold Palmer, Players, and possibly Wells Fargo.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's why he is elite, and Jordan is run of the mill.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You are correct. I did print Rory’s name first. But. Simply in comparison to Jordan’s mediocre play to Rory’s mediocrity at Augusta. ( not just this year).

> > > >

> > > > Rory’s last 6 years at the Masters:

> > > > T8-4-T10-T7-T5-T21

> > > >

> > > > Jordan’s only top ten in the past 52 weeks was a T9 at the Open.

> > > >

> > > > How are those similar?

> > >

> > > lol. You guys. Perfectly obtuse.

> >

> > Bewildered by your Rory whataboutism

>

> Bewildered by the Spiethhate thread that continues to flow and the singular attack’s that are lobbed anytime Rory’s underachievement is mentioned. More a curiosity to me. So every now and then I poke the bear. If nothing else to change the subject.

>

> But do carry on. Since I so obviously ? interrupted the positivity that was flowing from this thread.

So you _were_ trolling? Mystery solved! Was starting to think you actually believed that nonsense.

Just going to say this MAYBE it makes sense maybe it doesn't.

But @bladehunter it's hard to follow your discussion because you propose standards and then reject other peoples standards. Never mind the sweeping generalizations.

I'm sure there is a name for that behavior, but it doesn't seem to lead to productive conversations.

I can fully understand why people would be trying to pin you down because of your debate style. I don't KNOW where y'all started and don't really care. I'm a huge fan of JS himself but don't like many of his fans. Personally Rory has dissapointed me slightly but that's only based on my expectations and hopes. By objective standards he has been incredible.

I hope this hopes somewhat or can add some clarity to the discussion.

> @JAMH03 said:

> @bladehunter did you say you started following golf in 2013? What were your hobbies before that time?

Work. Then more work. Oh and on my days off. I worked in the yard. Lol

Sports in school before that were track and basketball.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @cdnglf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > @cdnglf said:

> > > > > > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > > > > > > @rafal said:

> > > > > > > > > > Coach and caddie have to go. This situation won't resolve without a full reset.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Very poor Byron Nelson showing, he's average, when once belonged to the elite. He won't be back if he doesn't fully reset. He needs to do a wife swap with Patrick. Justine Reed would get his nuts in a vice and stop this wishy washy good boy pulp bullxxxx that's going on right now.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I am so frustrated with his milque toast man-child act at the moment...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > This sums it up. He is just an average run of the mill tour player these days. Might get hot for a round or 2, but never really in contention.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Lot like Rory at Augusta. Never really in it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I’m too frustrated with it. But not sure how we blame the caddie. But I do agree that a coaching change is needed. Can’t imagine how a guy like McCormick can let this get so far . Reset yes. Caddie involves ? Nah. I’d bet Mickey has been more frustrated than we are. And has said so. Not much else he can do.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Agreed, neither were in the hunt at Augusta. However Rory was in the hunt at TOC, Farmers Insurance, Genesis, Mexico, Arnold Palmer, Players, and possibly Wells Fargo.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's why he is elite, and Jordan is run of the mill.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You are correct. I did print Rory’s name first. But. Simply in comparison to Jordan’s mediocre play to Rory’s mediocrity at Augusta. ( not just this year).

> > > > >

> > > > > Rory’s last 6 years at the Masters:

> > > > > T8-4-T10-T7-T5-T21

> > > > >

> > > > > Jordan’s only top ten in the past 52 weeks was a T9 at the Open.

> > > > >

> > > > > How are those similar?

> > > >

> > > > lol. You guys. Perfectly obtuse.

> > >

> > > Bewildered by your Rory whataboutism

> >

> > Bewildered by the Spiethhate thread that continues to flow and the singular attack’s that are lobbed anytime Rory’s underachievement is mentioned. More a curiosity to me. So every now and then I poke the bear. If nothing else to change the subject.

> >

> > But do carry on. Since I so obviously ? interrupted the positivity that was flowing from this thread.

>

> So you _were_ trolling? Mystery solved! Was starting to think you actually believed that nonsense.

The irony of that accusation lobbied in this thread of all threads is pretty rich.

Your refusal to listen has made your mind up.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @JAMH03 said:

> Just going to say this MAYBE it makes sense maybe it doesn't.

>

> But @bladehunter it's hard to follow your discussion because you propose standards and then reject other peoples standards. Never mind the sweeping generalizations.

>

> I'm sure there is a name for that behavior, but it doesn't seem to lead to productive conversations.

>

> I can fully understand why people would be trying to pin you down because of your debate style. I don't KNOW where y'all started and don't really care. I'm a huge fan of JS himself but don't like many of his fans. Personally Rory has dissapointed me slightly but that's only based on my expectations and hopes. By objective standards he has been incredible.

>

> I hope this hopes somewhat or can add some clarity to the discussion.

>

>

Without rehashing I’ll concede that I very well may have rejected someone else’s standards . But if you read correctly this entire thread is a conflagration of just that. Today is not the first Rory comparison that’s been made. And anyone who dare make that comparison with facts has been in fact rejected as a heretic and a candidate for the luny bin. So I guess it’s t-I-T-for-t-a-t

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @benno_r said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @benno_r said:

> > > > > > > @rafal said:

> > > > > > > Coach and caddie have to go. This situation won't resolve without a full reset.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Very poor Byron Nelson showing, he's average, when once belonged to the elite. He won't be back if he doesn't fully reset. He needs to do a wife swap with Patrick. Justine Reed would get his nuts in a vice and stop this wishy washy good boy pulp bullxxxx that's going on right now.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I am so frustrated with his milque toast man-child act at the moment...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This sums it up. He is just an average run of the mill tour player these days. Might get hot for a round or 2, but never really in contention.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lot like Rory at Augusta. Never really in it.

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m too frustrated with it. But not sure how we blame the caddie. But I do agree that a coaching change is needed. Can’t imagine how a guy like McCormick can let this get so far . Reset yes. Caddie involves ? Nah. I’d bet Mickey has been more frustrated than we are. And has said so. Not much else he can do.

> > > >

> > > > Agreed, neither were in the hunt at Augusta. However Rory was in the hunt at TOC, Farmers Insurance, Genesis, Mexico, Arnold Palmer, Players, and possibly Wells Fargo.

> > > >

> > > > That's why he is elite, and Jordan is run of the mill.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You are correct. I did print Rory’s name first. But. Simply in comparison to Jordan’s mediocre play to Rory’s mediocrity at Augusta. ( not just this year). Pointbeing when something gets in your head. It’s real. And can happen to anybody.

> > >

> > > But you decided to let us know he’d been in contention at other places. As if anybody had said he wasn’t.

> >

> > If you don't want correct information about Rory in a Jordan thread, then maybe stop trying to compare 1 poor showing by Rory with over a years poor showing by Jordan.

> >

> > Edit: seeing this is a Jordan thread, my point may have been better made by listing the tournys in which Jordan hasn't contended. But that's a much longer list.

>

> You’re still not even listening to that point. I’m not talking this year at Augusta. I’m talking every trip Rory has made to Augusta . You can add in his meetings with tiger as well. You can see his eyes glaze over just like Jordan currently. The point was to show that any player can be victim of his own minds traps.

I don't think that point has any relevance to Jordan's current problems. Rory is elite but sucks at one place. Jordan pretty much sucks everywhere.

I saw your point - it's just a bad point.