2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2019 Masters Tournament hosted by ANGC (merged)

gatorpedsMD

> @buckeye440 said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > So I guess maybe this year will be the turning point and future leaders will aim to the middle of the 12th green no matter what. Jack and Tiger have always been right about this strategy. The Norman meltdown, Spieth's multiple meltdowns, and now this year's total MESS in the final two groups? At some point the guys in the future have to learn from all these disaster scenarios.

>

> If I some how miraculously end up with the lead going into 12 on a Sunday, I would definitely fire at the flag stick. YOLO!

NO NO NO!!!

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

> @BlackM00Nlight said:

> > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > I checked and last year's thread was 239 pages.

> >

>

> The Tiger haters came out in huge groves, flooding the thread.

You mean any reason to discount a Win :) Luck, bad play, etc etc the list goes on and will be debated for months to come.

TM M3 440 9" Degree / 661 111 in X spec Speeder Shaft
TM M3 15 Fairway / 757 Speeder Shaft S Spec
Ping G25 17deg Hybrid Accra Shaft X Spec
Mizuno MP18 Blades Modus 3 Tours 3-PW - S Flex
Titleist SM 6 50, 54 & 58
Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour only

What a Sunday. As someone else mentioned a few posts back, the putt on 9 was unreal. I just so happened to be standing pretty much dead in line with the ball as it tracked toward the hole. It was as if time stood still for what felt like an eternity hoping that putt would fall. Said to a few friends after I left that was probably the best shot I’ve ever seen in person.

Caught the final few groups tee of on two, standing right on the ropes about even with the tee markers. I need to look up how far DJs drive went. I know it ended up just off the left side, but my god he crushed that thing, might still be in orbit. Breathtaking. I didn’t notice it as I was focused on Tiger teeing off, and when his ball took a hard left turn into the trees I was hoping I’d here an f bomb or two lol but apparently some moron yelled get in the hole and security was quick to find out who it was. I can only imagine what he’s thinking today if he ended up getting the boot.

Surreal being there on 18 to witness the end. Getting to the course at about 4:45AM... no brainer.

It’s very striking when watching Tiger, especially yesterday, how quiet it gets when he’s getting ready to play his shot. Anyone else you’ll notice some muffled chatter between people. Not with Tiger. Seemed like the massive crowds around 9 were all simultaneously holding their breath watching him compute what he was going to do.

Don’t think I’ll ever witness a bigger sporting event in my lifetime.

• Like 2

> @Joebirds55 said:

> What a Sunday. As someone else mentioned a few posts back, the putt on 9 was unreal. I just so happened to be standing pretty much dead in line with the ball as it tracked toward the hole. It was as if time stood still for what felt like an eternity hoping that putt would fall. Said to a few friends after I left that was probably the best shot I’ve ever seen in person.

>

> Caught the final few groups tee of on two, standing right on the ropes about even with the tee markers. I need to look up how far DJs drive went. I know it ended up just off the left side, but my god he crushed that thing, might still be in orbit. Breathtaking. I didn’t notice it as I was focused on Tiger teeing off, and when his ball took a hard left turn into the trees I was hoping I’d here an f bomb or two lol but apparently some moron yelled get in the hole and security was quick to find out who it was. I can only imagine what he’s thinking today if he ended up getting the boot.

>

> Surreal being there on 18 to witness the end. Getting to the course at about 4:45AM... no brainer.

>

> It’s very striking when watching Tiger, especially yesterday, how quiet it gets when he’s getting ready to play his shot. Anyone else you’ll notice some muffled chatter between people. Not with Tiger. Seemed like the massive crowds around 9 were all simultaneously holding their breath watching him compute what he was going to do.

>

> Don’t think I’ll ever witness a bigger sporting event in my lifetime.

Man that's awesome you got to see it in person. Did the putt at #9 feel like it was going to stop way short in person? On TV it seemed to me like it could stop about 20 feet short...and then it kept on trickling. Maybe the best lag putt of all-time given the pressure and the severity of Augusta's #9 green.

> @redfirebird08 said:

>

>

> > @Joebirds55 said:

> > What a Sunday. As someone else mentioned a few posts back, the putt on 9 was unreal. I just so happened to be standing pretty much dead in line with the ball as it tracked toward the hole. It was as if time stood still for what felt like an eternity hoping that putt would fall. Said to a few friends after I left that was probably the best shot I’ve ever seen in person.

> >

> > Caught the final few groups tee of on two, standing right on the ropes about even with the tee markers. I need to look up how far DJs drive went. I know it ended up just off the left side, but my god he crushed that thing, might still be in orbit. Breathtaking. I didn’t notice it as I was focused on Tiger teeing off, and when his ball took a hard left turn into the trees I was hoping I’d here an f bomb or two lol but apparently some moron yelled get in the hole and security was quick to find out who it was. I can only imagine what he’s thinking today if he ended up getting the boot.

> >

> > Surreal being there on 18 to witness the end. Getting to the course at about 4:45AM... no brainer.

> >

> > It’s very striking when watching Tiger, especially yesterday, how quiet it gets when he’s getting ready to play his shot. Anyone else you’ll notice some muffled chatter between people. Not with Tiger. Seemed like the massive crowds around 9 were all simultaneously holding their breath watching him compute what he was going to do.

> >

> > Don’t think I’ll ever witness a bigger sporting event in my lifetime.

>

> Man that's awesome you got to see it in person. Did the putt at #9 feel like it was going to stop way short in person? On TV it seemed to me like it could stop about 20 feet short...and then it kept on trickling. Maybe the best lag putt of all-time given the pressure and the severity of Augusta's #9 green.

It did. It was amazing to watch him study the putt and end up executing it exactly as planned. Impossible to describe what it was like as it got closer and closer to the hole. I genuinely think it registers an earthquake if he holes that haha.

Everyone went nuts deservedly so. I’m sure people in other spots around the course assumed Tiger birdied based on the roar. Sorry about that!

And yeah can’t deny feeling extremely fortunate to have been there to see it unfold. In the past I had always been somewhat indifferent on Tiger (I mean look at my profile pic here lol), didn’t root against him or worship him like a god, but never denied he makes the game more exciting when he’s contending. So I was pulling hard for him to win. I live in the Atlanta area so went to the Tour Championship last year on Sunday and obviously that was an insane experience. Doesn’t even come close to the excitement of being there yesterday.

Assuming I stay on the nice list moving forward with my wife’s family and get to go back on a Sunday, I can’t see anything topping seeing a Tiger win. So I’m parking my butt on 16 next time!

The best thing Tiger did was first get into the final group which made things uncomfortable for his playing partners not as much because of Tiger but because of the passion of his supporters and second his decision on 12 to play over the bunker. Out of all the potential winners Brooks was the only one who once again stood tall. All these guys are super talented just can’t get it done under the pressure of the majors. Some even cave on regular tour events. Give me 3-5 more solid years from Tiger and hopefully by than a few of the really young guys can be ready to take over. This current group just doesn’t get it done.

> @Joebirds55 said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> >

> >

> > > @Joebirds55 said:

> > > What a Sunday. As someone else mentioned a few posts back, the putt on 9 was unreal. I just so happened to be standing pretty much dead in line with the ball as it tracked toward the hole. It was as if time stood still for what felt like an eternity hoping that putt would fall. Said to a few friends after I left that was probably the best shot I’ve ever seen in person.

> > >

> > > Caught the final few groups tee of on two, standing right on the ropes about even with the tee markers. I need to look up how far DJs drive went. I know it ended up just off the left side, but my god he crushed that thing, might still be in orbit. Breathtaking. I didn’t notice it as I was focused on Tiger teeing off, and when his ball took a hard left turn into the trees I was hoping I’d here an f bomb or two lol but apparently some moron yelled get in the hole and security was quick to find out who it was. I can only imagine what he’s thinking today if he ended up getting the boot.

> > >

> > > Surreal being there on 18 to witness the end. Getting to the course at about 4:45AM... no brainer.

> > >

> > > It’s very striking when watching Tiger, especially yesterday, how quiet it gets when he’s getting ready to play his shot. Anyone else you’ll notice some muffled chatter between people. Not with Tiger. Seemed like the massive crowds around 9 were all simultaneously holding their breath watching him compute what he was going to do.

> > >

> > > Don’t think I’ll ever witness a bigger sporting event in my lifetime.

> >

> > Man that's awesome you got to see it in person. Did the putt at #9 feel like it was going to stop way short in person? On TV it seemed to me like it could stop about 20 feet short...and then it kept on trickling. Maybe the best lag putt of all-time given the pressure and the severity of Augusta's #9 green.

>

> It did. It was amazing to watch him study the putt and end up executing it exactly as planned. Impossible to describe what it was like as it got closer and closer to the hole. I genuinely think it registers an earthquake if he holes that haha.

>

> Everyone went nuts deservedly so. I’m sure people in other spots around the course assumed Tiger birdied based on the roar. Sorry about that!

>

> And yeah can’t deny feeling extremely fortunate to have been there to see it unfold. In the past I had always been somewhat indifferent on Tiger (I mean look at my profile pic here lol), didn’t root against him or worship him like a god, but never denied he makes the game more exciting when he’s contending. So I was pulling hard for him to win. I live in the Atlanta area so went to the Tour Championship last year on Sunday and obviously that was an insane experience. Doesn’t even come close to the excitement of being there yesterday.

>

> Assuming I stay on the nice list moving forward with my wife’s family and get to go back on a Sunday, I can’t see anything topping seeing a Tiger win. So I’m parking my butt on 16 next time!

So you witnessed Tigers wins at the Tour Championship AND The Masters?! I’m not normally superstitious, but we need to get you tickets to all of the majors this summer!

> @D-TRAIN said:

> > @Joebirds55 said:

> > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > @Joebirds55 said:

> > > > What a Sunday. As someone else mentioned a few posts back, the putt on 9 was unreal. I just so happened to be standing pretty much dead in line with the ball as it tracked toward the hole. It was as if time stood still for what felt like an eternity hoping that putt would fall. Said to a few friends after I left that was probably the best shot I’ve ever seen in person.

> > > >

> > > > Caught the final few groups tee of on two, standing right on the ropes about even with the tee markers. I need to look up how far DJs drive went. I know it ended up just off the left side, but my god he crushed that thing, might still be in orbit. Breathtaking. I didn’t notice it as I was focused on Tiger teeing off, and when his ball took a hard left turn into the trees I was hoping I’d here an f bomb or two lol but apparently some moron yelled get in the hole and security was quick to find out who it was. I can only imagine what he’s thinking today if he ended up getting the boot.

> > > >

> > > > Surreal being there on 18 to witness the end. Getting to the course at about 4:45AM... no brainer.

> > > >

> > > > It’s very striking when watching Tiger, especially yesterday, how quiet it gets when he’s getting ready to play his shot. Anyone else you’ll notice some muffled chatter between people. Not with Tiger. Seemed like the massive crowds around 9 were all simultaneously holding their breath watching him compute what he was going to do.

> > > >

> > > > Don’t think I’ll ever witness a bigger sporting event in my lifetime.

> > >

> > > Man that's awesome you got to see it in person. Did the putt at #9 feel like it was going to stop way short in person? On TV it seemed to me like it could stop about 20 feet short...and then it kept on trickling. Maybe the best lag putt of all-time given the pressure and the severity of Augusta's #9 green.

> >

> > It did. It was amazing to watch him study the putt and end up executing it exactly as planned. Impossible to describe what it was like as it got closer and closer to the hole. I genuinely think it registers an earthquake if he holes that haha.

> >

> > Everyone went nuts deservedly so. I’m sure people in other spots around the course assumed Tiger birdied based on the roar. Sorry about that!

> >

> > And yeah can’t deny feeling extremely fortunate to have been there to see it unfold. In the past I had always been somewhat indifferent on Tiger (I mean look at my profile pic here lol), didn’t root against him or worship him like a god, but never denied he makes the game more exciting when he’s contending. So I was pulling hard for him to win. I live in the Atlanta area so went to the Tour Championship last year on Sunday and obviously that was an insane experience. Doesn’t even come close to the excitement of being there yesterday.

> >

> > Assuming I stay on the nice list moving forward with my wife’s family and get to go back on a Sunday, I can’t see anything topping seeing a Tiger win. So I’m parking my butt on 16 next time!

>

> So you witnessed Tigers wins at the Tour Championship AND The Masters?! I’m not normally superstitious, but we need to get you tickets to all of the majors this summer!

>

Yes sir. Actually said the same thing to the wife last night that I’m on fire right now for Tiger wins...

Still have a bunch of friends and family up in NJ so awhile ago I did strongly consider the trip for the PGA next month. However the wife would probably kill me with a baby coming in August and no paternity leave. If I take anymore days off for golf tournaments I may be divorced before my first born arrives :)

All that being said, if you want to start the fund for my trips to Bethpage and Pebble I’m game!

> @Joebirds55 said:

> > @D-TRAIN said:

> > > @Joebirds55 said:

> > > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @Joebirds55 said:

> > > > > What a Sunday. As someone else mentioned a few posts back, the putt on 9 was unreal. I just so happened to be standing pretty much dead in line with the ball as it tracked toward the hole. It was as if time stood still for what felt like an eternity hoping that putt would fall. Said to a few friends after I left that was probably the best shot I’ve ever seen in person.

> > > > >

> > > > > Caught the final few groups tee of on two, standing right on the ropes about even with the tee markers. I need to look up how far DJs drive went. I know it ended up just off the left side, but my god he crushed that thing, might still be in orbit. Breathtaking. I didn’t notice it as I was focused on Tiger teeing off, and when his ball took a hard left turn into the trees I was hoping I’d here an f bomb or two lol but apparently some moron yelled get in the hole and security was quick to find out who it was. I can only imagine what he’s thinking today if he ended up getting the boot.

> > > > >

> > > > > Surreal being there on 18 to witness the end. Getting to the course at about 4:45AM... no brainer.

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s very striking when watching Tiger, especially yesterday, how quiet it gets when he’s getting ready to play his shot. Anyone else you’ll notice some muffled chatter between people. Not with Tiger. Seemed like the massive crowds around 9 were all simultaneously holding their breath watching him compute what he was going to do.

> > > > >

> > > > > Don’t think I’ll ever witness a bigger sporting event in my lifetime.

> > > >

> > > > Man that's awesome you got to see it in person. Did the putt at #9 feel like it was going to stop way short in person? On TV it seemed to me like it could stop about 20 feet short...and then it kept on trickling. Maybe the best lag putt of all-time given the pressure and the severity of Augusta's #9 green.

> > >

> > > It did. It was amazing to watch him study the putt and end up executing it exactly as planned. Impossible to describe what it was like as it got closer and closer to the hole. I genuinely think it registers an earthquake if he holes that haha.

> > >

> > > Everyone went nuts deservedly so. I’m sure people in other spots around the course assumed Tiger birdied based on the roar. Sorry about that!

> > >

> > > And yeah can’t deny feeling extremely fortunate to have been there to see it unfold. In the past I had always been somewhat indifferent on Tiger (I mean look at my profile pic here lol), didn’t root against him or worship him like a god, but never denied he makes the game more exciting when he’s contending. So I was pulling hard for him to win. I live in the Atlanta area so went to the Tour Championship last year on Sunday and obviously that was an insane experience. Doesn’t even come close to the excitement of being there yesterday.

> > >

> > > Assuming I stay on the nice list moving forward with my wife’s family and get to go back on a Sunday, I can’t see anything topping seeing a Tiger win. So I’m parking my butt on 16 next time!

> >

> > So you witnessed Tigers wins at the Tour Championship AND The Masters?! I’m not normally superstitious, but we need to get you tickets to all of the majors this summer!

> >

>

> Yes sir. Actually said the same thing to the wife last night that I’m on fire right now for Tiger wins...

>

> Still have a bunch of friends and family up in NJ so awhile ago I did strongly consider the trip for the PGA next month. However the wife would probably kill me with a baby coming in August and no paternity leave. If I take anymore days off for golf tournaments I may be divorced before my first born arrives :)

>

> All that being said, if you want to start the fund for my trips to Bethpage and Pebble I’m game!

Dude, you should go. The Bethpage fans are incredible. Cannot imagine how loud that place is gonna be for Tiger and Phil once again. It was epic in 2002, but I think will be even louder this year with both of those guys getting older.

Reading this thread reminds me why I like WRX. There is a little bit of everything here, including some good comments on the Masters.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

> @Joebirds55 said

>

> Yes sir. Actually said the same thing to the wife last night that I’m on fire right now for Tiger wins...

>

> Still have a bunch of friends and family up in NJ so awhile ago I did strongly consider the trip for the PGA next month. However the wife would probably kill me with a baby coming in August and no paternity leave. If I take anymore days off for golf tournaments I may be divorced before my first born arrives :)

>

> All that being said, if you want to start the fund for my trips to Bethpage and Pebble I’m game!

If ever there was a good Gofundme cause ...

...Now!!

Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Cleveland 588 56/60

after all is said and done Koepka and Shauffele had the best chances to also win this thing down the stretch...Dustin made his moves a bit too late and the best he could have done was a tie at -13..the other 2 had chances to go -14...

Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Cleveland 588 56/60

> @jmvargas said:

> after all is said and done Koepka and Shauffele had the best chances to also win this thing down the stretch...Dustin made his moves a bit too late and the best he could have done was a tie at -13..the other 2 had chances to go -14...

And Cantlay, he was at -12 on 16 tee. But he was also -14 on his previous 33 holes which is ridiculous.

> @Potatohead said:

> > @jmvargas said:

> > after all is said and done Koepka and Shauffele had the best chances to also win this thing down the stretch...Dustin made his moves a bit too late and the best he could have done was a tie at -13..the other 2 had chances to go -14...

>

> And Cantlay, he was at -12 on 16 tee. But he was also -14 on his previous 33 holes which is ridiculous.

> @Potatohead said:

> > @jmvargas said:

> > after all is said and done Koepka and Shauffele had the best chances to also win this thing down the stretch...Dustin made his moves a bit too late and the best he could have done was a tie at -13..the other 2 had chances to go -14...

>

> And Cantlay, he was at -12 on 16 tee. But he was also -14 on his previous 33 holes which is ridiculous.

...Yes..I forgot about him...he was -12 with 3 holes to go...so yes..him too!

Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Cleveland 588 56/60