2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2019 Masters Tournament hosted by ANGC (merged)

gatorpedsMD

> @PZero said:

> > @"A.Princey" said:

> > > @drbonesvt said:

> > > GSS putters are the sh*t

> > >

> > > Insert sarcasm

> > Just placed a tiger-esque Byron 612 order!

> >

>

> Did you miss out on this one?

>

> https://greenjacketauctions.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=25679

Better investment was to have taken the that 88k and bet on tiger ~ $1mm

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

> @Joebirds55 said:

> > @D-TRAIN said:

> > > @Joebirds55 said:

> > > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @Joebirds55 said:

> > > > > What a Sunday. As someone else mentioned a few posts back, the putt on 9 was unreal. I just so happened to be standing pretty much dead in line with the ball as it tracked toward the hole. It was as if time stood still for what felt like an eternity hoping that putt would fall. Said to a few friends after I left that was probably the best shot I’ve ever seen in person.

> > > > >

> > > > > Caught the final few groups tee of on two, standing right on the ropes about even with the tee markers. I need to look up how far DJs drive went. I know it ended up just off the left side, but my god he crushed that thing, might still be in orbit. Breathtaking. I didn’t notice it as I was focused on Tiger teeing off, and when his ball took a hard left turn into the trees I was hoping I’d here an f bomb or two lol but apparently some moron yelled get in the hole and security was quick to find out who it was. I can only imagine what he’s thinking today if he ended up getting the boot.

> > > > >

> > > > > Surreal being there on 18 to witness the end. Getting to the course at about 4:45AM... no brainer.

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s very striking when watching Tiger, especially yesterday, how quiet it gets when he’s getting ready to play his shot. Anyone else you’ll notice some muffled chatter between people. Not with Tiger. Seemed like the massive crowds around 9 were all simultaneously holding their breath watching him compute what he was going to do.

> > > > >

> > > > > Don’t think I’ll ever witness a bigger sporting event in my lifetime.

> > > >

> > > > Man that's awesome you got to see it in person. Did the putt at #9 feel like it was going to stop way short in person? On TV it seemed to me like it could stop about 20 feet short...and then it kept on trickling. Maybe the best lag putt of all-time given the pressure and the severity of Augusta's #9 green.

> > >

> > > It did. It was amazing to watch him study the putt and end up executing it exactly as planned. Impossible to describe what it was like as it got closer and closer to the hole. I genuinely think it registers an earthquake if he holes that haha.

> > >

> > > Everyone went nuts deservedly so. I’m sure people in other spots around the course assumed Tiger birdied based on the roar. Sorry about that!

> > >

> > > And yeah can’t deny feeling extremely fortunate to have been there to see it unfold. In the past I had always been somewhat indifferent on Tiger (I mean look at my profile pic here lol), didn’t root against him or worship him like a god, but never denied he makes the game more exciting when he’s contending. So I was pulling hard for him to win. I live in the Atlanta area so went to the Tour Championship last year on Sunday and obviously that was an insane experience. Doesn’t even come close to the excitement of being there yesterday.

> > >

> > > Assuming I stay on the nice list moving forward with my wife’s family and get to go back on a Sunday, I can’t see anything topping seeing a Tiger win. So I’m parking my butt on 16 next time!

> >

> > So you witnessed Tigers wins at the Tour Championship AND The Masters?! I’m not normally superstitious, but we need to get you tickets to all of the majors this summer!

> >

>

> Yes sir. Actually said the same thing to the wife last night that I’m on fire right now for Tiger wins...

>

> Still have a bunch of friends and family up in NJ so awhile ago I did strongly consider the trip for the PGA next month. However the wife would probably kill me with a baby coming in August and no paternity leave. If I take anymore days off for golf tournaments I may be divorced before my first born arrives :)

>

> All that being said, if you want to start the fund for my trips to Bethpage and Pebble I’m game!

I have no doubt that you could start a go fund me page and get the trip covered. Lol.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @imakaveli said:

> > @BlackM00Nlight said:

> > But Rory playing in his backyard at The Open will be great too

>

> Imho Rory will not content at Portrush, just because everyone is expecting him to, and he loves to break our hearts...

Not that he likes breaking hearts IMO. I think he just gets mad when the world puts too much pressure on him. But not vengeful-mad like "I'll show them!" More indignant-mad, like, "I don't need golf to be happy anyways" etc.

Gambler who won $1.2 million on Tiger Woods' 2019 Masters victory: "I had never placed a bet on sports in my life"

The younger Adducci, a 39-year-old self-employed daytrader, was a nervous wreck. He flew from Wisconsin to Las Vegas earlier in the week to place the wager, which he claims to be his first-ever bet on sports in his life. A man with a mortgage on his house, two student loans and two car loans decided he would take $85,000, which he said was "everything I had that I could afford to lose," and place it on Tiger. Why? "I just thought it was pre-destined for him to win," Adducci explained when reached on the phone on Monday afternoon.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/gambler-who-won-dollar12-million-on-tiger-woods-2019-masters-victory-i-had-never-placed-a-bet-on-sports-in-my-life

• Like 1

> @bscinstnct said:

> Gambler who won $1.2 million on Tiger Woods' 2019 Masters victory: "I had never placed a bet on sports in my life"

>

> The younger Adducci, a 39-year-old self-employed daytrader, was a nervous wreck. He flew from Wisconsin to Las Vegas earlier in the week to place the wager, which he claims to be his first-ever bet on sports in his life. A man with a mortgage on his house, two student loans and two car loans decided he would take $85,000, which he said was "everything I had that I could afford to lose," and place it on Tiger. Why? "I just thought it was pre-destined for him to win," Adducci explained when reached on the phone on Monday afternoon.

>

> https://www.golfdigest.com/story/gambler-who-won-dollar12-million-on-tiger-woods-2019-masters-victory-i-had-never-placed-a-bet-on-sports-in-my-life

There will be a movie made about this guys story.. the "feels"..

• Like 2

Titleist....

Joe LaCava was on the ESPN affiliate in Chicago yesterday and was very open, candid and hilarious. He had to be bleeped out a couple of times. His best comment was when they got to 5, he told TW to hit 3 wood instead of driver because he had put his tee shot in the bunker each of the first 3 rounds and made bogey.

Woods obviously hit a great tee shot but still made bogey.

As they were walking to the 6th tee, LaCava said to TW, "you might as well have hit driver as you really f'd that hole up again." He said they got a huge laugh from it.

> @dropkicked said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > Gambler who won $1.2 million on Tiger Woods' 2019 Masters victory: "I had never placed a bet on sports in my life"

> >

> > The younger Adducci, a 39-year-old self-employed daytrader, was a nervous wreck. He flew from Wisconsin to Las Vegas earlier in the week to place the wager, which he claims to be his first-ever bet on sports in his life. A man with a mortgage on his house, two student loans and two car loans decided he would take $85,000, which he said was "everything I had that I could afford to lose," and place it on Tiger. Why? "I just thought it was pre-destined for him to win," Adducci explained when reached on the phone on Monday afternoon.

> >

> > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/gambler-who-won-dollar12-million-on-tiger-woods-2019-masters-victory-i-had-never-placed-a-bet-on-sports-in-my-life

>

> There will be a movie made about this guys story.. the "feels"..

This guy has to be a beard for a big time sports bettor. I’d be shocked if there isn’t more behind the story.

> @bscinstnct said:

> Gambler who won $1.2 million on Tiger Woods' 2019 Masters victory: "I had never placed a bet on sports in my life"

>

> The younger Adducci, a 39-year-old self-employed daytrader, was a nervous wreck. He flew from Wisconsin to Las Vegas earlier in the week to place the wager, which he claims to be his first-ever bet on sports in his life. A man with a mortgage on his house, two student loans and two car loans decided he would take $85,000, which he said was "everything I had that I could afford to lose," and place it on Tiger. Why? "I just thought it was pre-destined for him to win," Adducci explained when reached on the phone on Monday afternoon.

>

> https://www.golfdigest.com/story/gambler-who-won-dollar12-million-on-tiger-woods-2019-masters-victory-i-had-never-placed-a-bet-on-sports-in-my-life

....I just saw the they gave him a check for $1,275,000....I thought he only won $1,190,000?

it seems they also gave him back his original $85,000 bet...is this normal??

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

> @jmvargas said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > Gambler who won $1.2 million on Tiger Woods' 2019 Masters victory: "I had never placed a bet on sports in my life"

> >

> > The younger Adducci, a 39-year-old self-employed daytrader, was a nervous wreck. He flew from Wisconsin to Las Vegas earlier in the week to place the wager, which he claims to be his first-ever bet on sports in his life. A man with a mortgage on his house, two student loans and two car loans decided he would take $85,000, which he said was "everything I had that I could afford to lose," and place it on Tiger. Why? "I just thought it was pre-destined for him to win," Adducci explained when reached on the phone on Monday afternoon.

> >

> > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/gambler-who-won-dollar12-million-on-tiger-woods-2019-masters-victory-i-had-never-placed-a-bet-on-sports-in-my-life

>

> ....I just saw the they gave him a check for $1,275,000....I thought he only won $1,190,000?

>

> it seems they also gave him back his original $85,000 bet...is this normal??

>

>

>

>

>

>

yes, AFAIK when I've gambled, (never gambled that much LOL)

> @imakaveli said:

> > @jerebear21 said:

> > Ralph really got banned ? Ha!

>

> Who is Ralph? Also, how many people got banned last week?

Wow, so it is true. GatorMD did get banned. I suppose, as they say, some fly too close to the sun.

Hang in there, gator. Hang in there.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @dciccoritti said:

> Now if only Tiger would stop being friendly, receptive and engaging so he can get back to wiping the floor with everyone instead of pretending to beat them by one stroke so they don't all go home deflated with tears in their eyes.

>

> Tiger 1.0 was like this guy....

>

> [media=]

[/media]

Ha!

TW can be friendly outside the ropes and in his zone when playing. Its seems to work better at this point.

He should do some talk shows. Go on Rachel Ray and cook something. Cameo on SNL!

> @jmvargas said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> >

> >

>

> ....I just saw the they gave him a check for $1,275,000....I thought he only won $1,190,000?

>

> it seems they also gave him back his original $85,000 bet...is this normal??

>

>

>

>

>

>

Yes, you always get back your initial wager if you win. :)

I wonder if they will come out with a GI, version of Tigers, new irons.. LOL

Titleist....

> @dropkicked said:

> > @jmvargas said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > Gambler who won $1.2 million on Tiger Woods' 2019 Masters victory: "I had never placed a bet on sports in my life"

> > >

> > > The younger Adducci, a 39-year-old self-employed daytrader, was a nervous wreck. He flew from Wisconsin to Las Vegas earlier in the week to place the wager, which he claims to be his first-ever bet on sports in his life. A man with a mortgage on his house, two student loans and two car loans decided he would take $85,000, which he said was "everything I had that I could afford to lose," and place it on Tiger. Why? "I just thought it was pre-destined for him to win," Adducci explained when reached on the phone on Monday afternoon.

> > >

> > > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/gambler-who-won-dollar12-million-on-tiger-woods-2019-masters-victory-i-had-never-placed-a-bet-on-sports-in-my-life

> >

> > ....I just saw the they gave him a check for $1,275,000....I thought he only won $1,190,000?

> >

> > it seems they also gave him back his original $85,000 bet...is this normal??

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Yes, you always get back your initial wager if you win. :)

> I wonder if they will come out with a GI, version of Tigers, new irons.. LOL

I have no Nike stuff but I'd buy a

Black mock with a small number "15" on the collar. Nike design should get on that ; )

> @"Frasier Crane" said:

> > @jmvargas said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > Gambler who won $1.2 million on Tiger Woods' 2019 Masters victory: "I had never placed a bet on sports in my life"

> > >

> > > The younger Adducci, a 39-year-old self-employed daytrader, was a nervous wreck. He flew from Wisconsin to Las Vegas earlier in the week to place the wager, which he claims to be his first-ever bet on sports in his life. A man with a mortgage on his house, two student loans and two car loans decided he would take $85,000, which he said was "everything I had that I could afford to lose," and place it on Tiger. Why? "I just thought it was pre-destined for him to win," Adducci explained when reached on the phone on Monday afternoon.

> > >

> > > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/gambler-who-won-dollar12-million-on-tiger-woods-2019-masters-victory-i-had-never-placed-a-bet-on-sports-in-my-life

> >

> > ....I just saw the they gave him a check for $1,275,000....I thought he only won $1,190,000?

> >

> > it seems they also gave him back his original $85,000 bet...is this normal??

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> yes, AFAIK when I've gambled, (never gambled that much LOL)

...oh..ok thanks

over here they only pay you what you won..

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

> @Railroading13 said:

> Good and bad for the game at the same time (if that makes sense). He brings in casual viewers and new players, but also, public courses are swarmed by newbies who have no clue how to conduct themselves. He brings massive ratings but over shadows other great world class talents. 1 stroke over 4 days is such a slim margin, respect should be given to the other contenders and how close this tournament was. There was some great golf played by a lot of players this weekend.

Several posters have made this point about Tiger's win bringing new players to the game. But will it, in the same way Tiger did for a decade starting in 1997? I mean are young kids now going to take up golf because a 43 year old man won the Masters? Are 20 somethings who are ignoring golf in droves going to be showing up at your course? Some, sure. But I'm not yet convinced about large numbers.

• Like 1

> @dalehead said:

> > @Railroading13 said:

> > Good and bad for the game at the same time (if that makes sense). He brings in casual viewers and new players, but also, public courses are swarmed by newbies who have no clue how to conduct themselves. He brings massive ratings but over shadows other great world class talents. 1 stroke over 4 days is such a slim margin, respect should be given to the other contenders and how close this tournament was. There was some great golf played by a lot of players this weekend.

>

> Several posters have made this point about Tiger's win bringing new players to the game. But will it, in the same way Tiger did for a decade starting in 1997? I mean are young kids now going to take up golf because a 43 year old man won the Masters? Are 20 somethings who are ignoring golf in droves going to be showing up at your course? Some, sure. But I'm not yet convinced about large numbers.

>

Totally agree, but I would imagine it will have a little impact. I highly doubt that he will reach that level on the course, but he has a fantastic opportunity to have a different impact with JR's, er all golfers off the course through his programs and charities.

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

> @dalehead said:

> > @Railroading13 said:

> > Good and bad for the game at the same time (if that makes sense). He brings in casual viewers and new players, but also, public courses are swarmed by newbies who have no clue how to conduct themselves. He brings massive ratings but over shadows other great world class talents. 1 stroke over 4 days is such a slim margin, respect should be given to the other contenders and how close this tournament was. There was some great golf played by a lot of players this weekend.

>

> Several posters have made this point about Tiger's win bringing new players to the game. But will it, in the same way Tiger did for a decade starting in 1997? I mean are young kids now going to take up golf because a 43 year old man won the Masters? Are 20 somethings who are ignoring golf in droves going to be showing up at your course? Some, sure. But I'm not yet convinced about large numbers.

>

Perhaps it will get some people who have played to go out and play more, or get better. But the young kids referenced are probably already into golf because their parents grew up on Tiger. Also, I think young kids who are into golf are more into Rickie, JT, YJS, Rory...younger guys that are relate-able to them, not a 43-yr old that has been thru what he has been through. Part of what made this Master's victory so great, was how much of a human Tiger was made out to be over the last decade. And you have to be old enough to understand that, not a 16yd old kid who hasn't experienced life yet.

Tiger made golf cool to play, cool to watch, he paved the way for the younger guys I mentioned. Maybe golf wasn't as fun to watch without him. But the path he paved in terms of playing golf has been constant. I think it has been in a great place long before his comeback. I don't expect the casuals to go out and take over your local course. Now if he takes home the Grand Slam this year....that'll be a different story.