2019 Masters Tournament hosted by ANGC (merged)

gatorpedsMD

> @Gxgolfer said:

> > @Potatohead said:

> > > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > > @DatSliceDoe said:

> > > > > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > > > Cursing is against the forum rules. Avoiding the filter or using the filter will cause adverse action.

> > > >

> > > > I question the use of "adverse" action for those who use the filter. Isn't that the point of the filter? Those who try to circumvent it, makes sense to punish. But there are some words on that filter list that are not curse words...might want to check on those before your mod team goes and hands out an infraction/ban for someone saying C R A P which is currently on that list.

> > >

> > > The filter is like a dump button on radio. Meant to protect real-time actions and supposed to be preemptive. Not a safety tool for the original poster.

> > >

> > > The rules of engagement are quite clear. There are warnings to banning which gives opportunity for feedback. All moderator questions and actions needed to be directed by personal message to gwrxmod.

> >

> > I'm sure you don't want to hear it but between this "upgrade," new filter and now Gator being banned, this place is going downhill fast

>

> Gator was on tilt and violated multiple terms of service.

>

>

Fair enough. The guy was entertaining though, sad to see him go.

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @RobotDoctor said:

> > > @sekrah said:

> > > Am I alone in thinking that Jack Nicklaus bone fishing in the Bahamas while the Masters is going on is very umm.. salty? He was just there on Thursday for the honorary tees and he left? He can fish 360 days out of the year for crying out loud.

> > >

> > > Looks like he's reached the DGAF stage of his life. It's disappointing to see.

> >

> > Jack Nicklaus doesn't watch golf on TV. He really never had and prefers to spend time with his family. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. He doesn't owe Tiger Woods, or anyone, anything. I just don't get why people are so upset about Jack going sport fishing. He's done that most of his professional life. This is not new. He came in once he heard of Tiger and what was happening. He caught the action from the 12 hole on. So Jack Nicklaus altered his personal time to watch golf, something he's really never done, and said some terrific things about Tiger during a phone interview with the Golf Channel. For crying out loud, let's let this overdramatic Issue go away because it's a non issue.

>

> Agreed 1,000%. Jack has earned the right to completely unplug from golf if he prefers to do so.

Jack is 80. Why sit around Augusta if he's not even playing? He's been there like 60 times, won 6, and now he probably dreads having to go every year and hit that stupid tee shot.

He's prolly like ok, steak, tee shot, and I'm gone.

• Like 1

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I wondered if there is info regarding Tiger's second shot into 18. Did he really misclub/mishit that shot that badly, misjudge wind, or play it out there intentionally to play for bogey? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere and wondered what was going on there. Thanks!!

> @BushwoodJack said:

> I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I wondered if there is info regarding Tiger's second shot into 18. Did he really misclub/mishit that shot that badly, misjudge wind, or play it out there intentionally to play for bogey? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere and wondered what was going on there. Thanks!!

I'd say it was intentional. Tiger said there was mud on the ball and he didn't want to risk going long or left where making bogey would be much tougher.

> @BushwoodJack said:

> I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I wondered if there is info regarding Tiger's second shot into 18. Did he really misclub/mishit that shot that badly, misjudge wind, or play it out there intentionally to play for bogey? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere and wondered what was going on there. Thanks!!

He said there was mud on the ball and he was concerned about going left due to the right to left wind. He felt ending up way right was a safer spot. He said he pretty much "whiffed" the shot and I'm guessing the mud also impacted it.

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @BushwoodJack said:

> > I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I wondered if there is info regarding Tiger's second shot into 18. Did he really misclub/mishit that shot that badly, misjudge wind, or play it out there intentionally to play for bogey? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere and wondered what was going on there. Thanks!!

>

> He said there was mud on the ball and he was concerned about going left due to the right to left wind. He felt ending up way right was a safer spot. He said he pretty much "whiffed" the shot and I'm guessing the mud also impacted it.

He needed a 5 and made 5.

• Like 1

I can see that point of view as well it’s a little like Danny Willett winning off the back of Jordan Spieth’s shots in the water than many people talk about. But don’t forget Tiger still had to close it out with all the other possible contenders.

> @pmadden86 said:

> Anyone else out there think Tiger backed into this one slightly? Starts final round 2 back, shoots 70 in easyish conditions (for a Masters Sunday).

> It took several people to implode all at once for Tiger to scrape it by 1!

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> I can see that point of view as well it’s a little like Danny Willett winning off the back of Jordan Spieth’s shots in the water than many people talk about. But don’t forget Tiger still had to close it out with all the other possible contenders.

>

> > @pmadden86 said:

> > Anyone else out there think Tiger backed into this one slightly? Starts final round 2 back, shoots 70 in easyish conditions (for a Masters Sunday).

> > It took several people to implode all at once for Tiger to scrape it by 1!

>

>

Willet shot 67 that day. He didn't back into anything.

• Like 1

> @Potatohead said:

> > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > @DatSliceDoe said:

> > > > @Gxgolfer said:

> > > > Cursing is against the forum rules. Avoiding the filter or using the filter will cause adverse action.

> > >

> > > I question the use of "adverse" action for those who use the filter. Isn't that the point of the filter? Those who try to circumvent it, makes sense to punish. But there are some words on that filter list that are not curse words...might want to check on those before your mod team goes and hands out an infraction/ban for someone saying C R A P which is currently on that list.

> >

> > The filter is like a dump button on radio. Meant to protect real-time actions and supposed to be preemptive. Not a safety tool for the original poster.

> >

> > The rules of engagement are quite clear. There are warnings to banning which gives opportunity for feedback. All moderator questions and actions needed to be directed by personal message to gwrxmod.

>

> I'm sure you don't want to hear it but between this "upgrade," new filter and now Gator being banned, this place is going downhill fast. I mean I went to bed last night and came back this morning and there were 1.5 new pages in this thread. A year ago there would have been thirty or more.

>

>

Quality over quantity?

> @Potatohead said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > I can see that point of view as well it’s a little like Danny Willett winning off the back of Jordan Spieth’s shots in the water than many people talk about. But don’t forget Tiger still had to close it out with all the other possible contenders.

> >

> > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > Anyone else out there think Tiger backed into this one slightly? Starts final round 2 back, shoots 70 in easyish conditions (for a Masters Sunday).

> > > It took several people to implode all at once for Tiger to scrape it by 1!

> >

> >

>

> Willet shot 67 that day. He didn't back into anything.

• Like 1

> @sekrah said:

> Am I alone in thinking that Jack Nicklaus bone fishing in the Bahamas while the Masters is going on is very umm.. salty? He was just there on Thursday for the honorary tees and he left? He can fish 360 days out of the year for crying out loud.

>

> Looks like he's reached the DGAF stage of his life. It's disappointing to see.

Why would he sit around all week and watch golf? He didn't do it before, now Tiger wins and he can't have a business or personal life?

More #tigerhysteriawrx silliness

What an event!

Love that Jack was bonefishing - but he likely watched it all. He did say Tiger drove it great **all** day. Likely Johnny Miller was with him.

Tiger getting that massive break at 11, followed by Brooks and Moli blowing 12 completely flipped the event on its head. I can't believe both those guys did that, it the most talked about safe play in major golf (go over the bunker to the green's middle)

((Tiger did get away with some very bad drives over the weekend - you can't deny that))

Molinari was also leaking a lot of oil (drives and approaches) well before he got to 12 and IMO was fortunate to be in the lead.

As Nicklaus said, from the 12th tee on Tiger hit every shot on point (i.e. once he smelled blood and saw an opportunity)

I never loved old Tiger. Too closed off and too arrogant. He seems to have come full circle after his "issues" and is much more enjoyable

I am one of the doubters that thought 18 was long gone. But after yesterday you have to think that certain majors (The Masters every year, certain Open venues where he can lean heavily on his iron game and places like Pebble for the US Open) will perhaps help him get to the mythical number

I still don't get where the supposed sub-air was for the final 2 rounds .....

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

> @Ferguson said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > @BushwoodJack said:

> > > I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I wondered if there is info regarding Tiger's second shot into 18. Did he really misclub/mishit that shot that badly, misjudge wind, or play it out there intentionally to play for bogey? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere and wondered what was going on there. Thanks!!

> >

> > He said there was mud on the ball and he was concerned about going left due to the right to left wind. He felt ending up way right was a safer spot. He said he pretty much "whiffed" the shot and I'm guessing the mud also impacted it.

>

> He needed a 5 and made 5.

I was dreading him chili dipping that pitch and making 6. I was shocked when Brooks missed his birdie on 18. Divine intervention seems at play on the weekends at ANGC

Scotty GoLo

> @cardoustie said:

> ((Tiger did get away with some very bad drives over the weekend - you can't deny that))

>

True although at the 10th hole, he took his medicine and made bogey. Koepka hit a very similar TERRIBLE tee shot and ended up with an opening to the green (made par). I was shocked Koepka did not take advantage of this and run the table to win the jacket. The par on 10 seemed huge for him. The water ball at 12 for Koepka was stunning. Molinari with two water balls even more stunning.

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @cardoustie said:

>

> > ((Tiger did get away with some very bad drives over the weekend - you can't deny that))

> >

>

> True although at the 10th hole, he took his medicine and made bogey. Koepka hit a very similar TERRIBLE tee shot and ended up with an opening to the green (made par). I was shocked Koepka did not take advantage of this and run the table to win the jacket. The par on 10 seemed huge for him. The water ball at 12 for Koepka was stunning. Molinari with two water balls even more stunning.

I mean you can go on about everyone how they had some breaks. Brooks lipped in putts on both 13 and 16 which both could have easily missed. TW got lucky in the drives on 11 on the weekend and the 13th on Saturday. The two former like he said in his press conference, he missed in the right places.

> @cardoustie said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > > @BushwoodJack said:

> > > > I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I wondered if there is info regarding Tiger's second shot into 18. Did he really misclub/mishit that shot that badly, misjudge wind, or play it out there intentionally to play for bogey? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere and wondered what was going on there. Thanks!!

> > >

> > > He said there was mud on the ball and he was concerned about going left due to the right to left wind. He felt ending up way right was a safer spot. He said he pretty much "whiffed" the shot and I'm guessing the mud also impacted it.

> >

> > He needed a 5 and made 5.

> I was dreading him chili dipping that pitch and making 6. I was shocked when Brooks missed his birdie on 18. Divine intervention seems at play on the weekends at ANGC

I had all my good luck charms out on the coffee table, my hands folded and praying to the golf gawds please don't duff the shot.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

> @pmadden86 said:

> Anyone else out there think Tiger backed into this one slightly? Starts final round 2 back, shoots 70 in easyish conditions (for a Masters Sunday).

> It took several people to implode all at once for Tiger to scrape it by 1!

No and there was no imploding. Everyone made their bogeys and double bogeys. The fact that some made them on the back nine on the Sunday means nothing to me. It's 72 holes. If all that mattered was the back nine then all they'd play is a back nine. I thought the big boys played well and if Tiger's putter was half of what it used to be, he would have shot what he shot in '97.

• Like 1

> @2putttom said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > > > @BushwoodJack said:

> > > > > I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I wondered if there is info regarding Tiger's second shot into 18. Did he really misclub/mishit that shot that badly, misjudge wind, or play it out there intentionally to play for bogey? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere and wondered what was going on there. Thanks!!

> > > >

> > > > He said there was mud on the ball and he was concerned about going left due to the right to left wind. He felt ending up way right was a safer spot. He said he pretty much "whiffed" the shot and I'm guessing the mud also impacted it.

> > >

> > > He needed a 5 and made 5.

> > I was dreading him chili dipping that pitch and making 6. I was shocked when Brooks missed his birdie on 18. Divine intervention seems at play on the weekends at ANGC

>

> I had all my good luck charms out on the coffee table, my hands folded and praying to the golf gawds please don't duff the shot.

That was the ONE shot I wasn’t nervous about. Drive on 18, def yes. After that, ... easy with 2 shot lead.

• Like 1

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

I was 12 years old when Tiger won the Tiger Slam. I grew up on Tiger Woods. He was the reason I started playing golf. Watching yesterday was the greatest moment in my 31 years of watching sports. Watching everything at the end was awesome, the celebration, hugging his kids, etc., but did anyone catch the opening statement the member gave at his post-round press conference? I was so moved...

"Tiger, welcome back. Or should I say more appropriately, welcome home."

Talk about a great line, coupled with his accent. Perfect.

• Like 1

Callaway GBB Epic 9* Fujikura 62 Green X-Flex
Callaway GBB 15* Fujikura 62 Green S-Flex
Titleist TSr3 19* Hybrid Tensi 1K Black X-Flex

4i Titleist T350 (2* weak) True Temper Project X 6.5 Taper

5-6i Titleist T200 (1* weak) True Temper Project X 6.5 Taper

7i-9i Titleist T150 True Temper Project X 6.5 Taper

Titleist Vokey SM9 Brushed Steel 46.10 F (1* strong) True Temper DG Black Onyx S200

Titleist Vokey SM7 Brushed Steel 50.08 F, 56.10 S (1* strong), 60.14K True Temper DG Black Onyx S200

Scotty Cameron Teryllium Two Newport (1999)

> @wmblake2000 said:

> > @2putttom said:

> > > @cardoustie said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > > > > @BushwoodJack said:

> > > > > > I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I wondered if there is info regarding Tiger's second shot into 18. Did he really misclub/mishit that shot that badly, misjudge wind, or play it out there intentionally to play for bogey? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere and wondered what was going on there. Thanks!!

> > > > >

> > > > > He said there was mud on the ball and he was concerned about going left due to the right to left wind. He felt ending up way right was a safer spot. He said he pretty much "whiffed" the shot and I'm guessing the mud also impacted it.

> > > >

> > > > He needed a 5 and made 5.

> > > I was dreading him chili dipping that pitch and making 6. I was shocked when Brooks missed his birdie on 18. Divine intervention seems at play on the weekends at ANGC

> >

> > I had all my good luck charms out on the coffee table, my hands folded and praying to the golf gawds please don't duff the shot.

>

> That was the ONE shot I wasn’t nervous about. Drive on 18, def yes. After that, ... easy with 2 shot lead.

>

>

I was in denial. I was having a hard time grasping what was taking place, kinda like when I have a great round going and in the back of my head I hear whispers of " this is too good to be true, something bad is gonna happen" .

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

> @cardoustie said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > > @BushwoodJack said:

> > > > I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I wondered if there is info regarding Tiger's second shot into 18. Did he really misclub/mishit that shot that badly, misjudge wind, or play it out there intentionally to play for bogey? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere and wondered what was going on there. Thanks!!

> > >

> > > He said there was mud on the ball and he was concerned about going left due to the right to left wind. He felt ending up way right was a safer spot. He said he pretty much "whiffed" the shot and I'm guessing the mud also impacted it.

> >

> > He needed a 5 and made 5.

> I was dreading him chili dipping that pitch and making 6. I was shocked when Brooks missed his birdie on 18. Divine intervention seems at play on the weekends at ANGC

I didn't think about 6. I loved that he tried really hard to make that par putt on18.

I thought the one on 17 was going down.

Don't forget - DJ missed a putt too.

A magnificent tournament. Hats off to the ANGC for managing the weather, rules and patrons so well.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> I can see that point of view as well it’s a little like Danny Willett winning off the back of Jordan Spieth’s shots in the water than many people talk about. But don’t forget Tiger still had to close it out with all the other possible contenders.

>

> > @pmadden86 said:

> > Anyone else out there think Tiger backed into this one slightly? Starts final round 2 back, shoots 70 in easyish conditions (for a Masters Sunday).

> > It took several people to implode all at once for Tiger to scrape it by 1!

>

>

Tiger also fought extremely hard to finish front 9 at -1. He was grinding until there was a moment he could strike. Moli didn't give him (or anyone for that matter) much and basically played some perfect golf for 63 holes. Maybe Moli let it slip away, but not going to discredit the mental grind Tiger showed. The tournament was NOT Tiger's to lose after Moli's 12th, he still had work to do.

And aside from Moli, who imploded to let him back in? DJ was in full charge mode on the back. Brooks eagled 13 after a double to get that right back, with 15 and 16 ahead. Xander was in control of his game. Those 3 golfers all had a putt on 18 to force Tiger to at least par 18.

If it wasn’t for Spieth dropping 4 shots in the water Willett’s 67 would have got him 2nd. Tiger shot 70 with Molinari also dropping 4 shots in the water.

> @Potatohead said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > I can see that point of view as well it’s a little like Danny Willett winning off the back of Jordan Spieth’s shots in the water than many people talk about. But don’t forget Tiger still had to close it out with all the other possible contenders.

> >

> > > @pmadden86 said:

> > > Anyone else out there think Tiger backed into this one slightly? Starts final round 2 back, shoots 70 in easyish conditions (for a Masters Sunday).

> > > It took several people to implode all at once for Tiger to scrape it by 1!

> >

> >

>

> Willet shot 67 that day. He didn't back into anything.

The course has definitely turned into .. hang on for dear life on the front ... shoot low on the back

2 and 8 are the exceptions on the front

Scotty GoLo

@cardoustie said:

> What an event!

> Love that Jack was bonefishing - but he likely watched it all. He did say Tiger drove it great **all** day. Likely Johnny Miller was with him.

> Tiger getting that massive break at 11, followed by Brooks and Moli blowing 12 completely flipped the event on its head. I can't believe both those guys did that, it the most talked about safe play in major golf (go over the bunker to the green's middle)

> ((Tiger did get away with some very bad drives over the weekend - you can't deny that))

> Molinari was also leaking a lot of oil (drives and approaches) well before he got to 12 and IMO was fortunate to be in the lead.

> As Nicklaus said, from the 12th tee on Tiger hit every shot on point (i.e. once he smelled blood and saw an opportunity)

> I never loved old Tiger. Too closed off and too arrogant. He seems to have come full circle after his "issues" and is much more enjoyable

> I am one of the doubters that thought 18 was long gone. But after yesterday you have to think that certain majors (The Masters every year, certain Open venues where he can lean heavily on his iron game and places like Pebble for the US Open) will perhaps help him get to the mythical number

> I still don't get where the supposed sub-air was for the final 2 rounds .....

>

Spot on.

FM looked bullet proof on 1st nine with his short game but when Tiger lagged from yonder on #9, it was the first time I felt he had a great shot to win.

• Like 1

Shame we didn't see more DJ based on his world ranking. He had two bad drives, the first on 3 blocking a driver (lead to his lone bogey) and then 7 but otherwise a pretty stellar ball striking day

Missed birds for DJ>

... #1 from 17 feet, #2 from 8 feet, #4 from 30 feet, #5 from 26 feet, #6 from 11 feet, #9 from 22 feet

... #10 from 24 feet, #11 from 54 feet, #12 from 14 feet, #14 from 16 feet and #18 from 17 feet (shot in from fwy bunker)

CBS has done this in the the past where they show favorite players and past winners (we saw Bubba and Spieth and Fowler and Simpson and Kuchar and Cantlay and Poulter and Phil) and then someone makes a run and we don't see any of it

FWIW, I LOVE THE TRACK FEATURE ON MASTERS.COM

Scotty GoLo

> @wmblake2000 said:

> > @2putttom said:

> > > @cardoustie said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > > > > @BushwoodJack said:

> > > > > > I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, but I wondered if there is info regarding Tiger's second shot into 18. Did he really misclub/mishit that shot that badly, misjudge wind, or play it out there intentionally to play for bogey? I haven't been able to find that info anywhere and wondered what was going on there. Thanks!!

> > > > >

> > > > > He said there was mud on the ball and he was concerned about going left due to the right to left wind. He felt ending up way right was a safer spot. He said he pretty much "whiffed" the shot and I'm guessing the mud also impacted it.

> > > >

> > > > He needed a 5 and made 5.

> > > I was dreading him chili dipping that pitch and making 6. I was shocked when Brooks missed his birdie on 18. Divine intervention seems at play on the weekends at ANGC

> >

> > I had all my good luck charms out on the coffee table, my hands folded and praying to the golf gawds please don't duff the shot.

>

> That was the ONE shot I wasn’t nervous about. Drive on 18, def yes. After that, ... easy with 2 shot lead.

>

>

I was most nervous for the drives on 17 and 18. I didn't quite trust him with those clubs yet, but he basically flushed them both. I haven't been so nervous watching a sporting even, probably ever. Certainly not for as long, this lasted about four hours. lol

Tiger avoided disasters on Sunday and stayed within himself to win. I feel for Molinari and Koepka as I did for Norman, but Tiger played the smart shot on 12. He also made a spectacular shot on 16 to seal the deal. Bruce had a chance to force a playoff on 18 and missed but I suspect that Tiger would not have layed up on his approach on 18 If Bruce had made the putt. A great win for Tiger against a talented field and quite a personal achievement . Tiger had fallen on my villain list in 2008 but his personal and professional come back has made me a fan again.

• Like 1