2019 Masters Tournament hosted by ANGC (merged)

gatorpedsMD

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> Sitting here watching GOT and reflecting - in 50 plus years of watching the Masters, watching 4 balls go into the water out of the final groups (never saw four out of the three final groups of two I can recall) on 12 was the most stunning thing to me with all that was going on at that point in the tourney. It was simply unreal watching that unfold. Unreal.

#12 is an amazing little hole. The trees block out the wind just enough to really mess with the players on club selection. Stunning results today at the 12th, especially from recent major winners Koepka & Molinari.

> @redfirebird08 said:

> The thing I have been happy to see with Tiger most recently is this new 80% swing with the driver. Seems he has finally given up trying to keep pace with the young guns. Swing smoother to get the ball in the fairway and more importantly to protect his back. He is still one of the very best iron players in the world, so giving up 20 yards off the tee does not absolutely kill his chances.

And this is why I think he'll be a threat at Augusta for the next 5+ years if his body holds together. The course is what it is at this point from a length perspective (changes to 13 possibly excepted) so he knows that he can dial it back and rely on his iron play to compete. If he can work out how to play the new 5 he can cut another 4 shots off his score next year.

> @bspn said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > The thing I have been happy to see with Tiger most recently is this new 80% swing with the driver. Seems he has finally given up trying to keep pace with the young guns. Swing smoother to get the ball in the fairway and more importantly to protect his back. He is still one of the very best iron players in the world, so giving up 20 yards off the tee does not absolutely kill his chances.

> And this is why I think he'll be a threat at Augusta for the next 5+ years if his body holds together. The course is what it is at this point from a length perspective (changes to 13 possibly excepted) so he knows that he can dial it back and rely on his iron play to compete. If he can work out how to play the new 5 he can cut another 4 shots off his score next year.

>

It's gotta be pretty exciting for him that this was not his true "A" game. Missed plenty of short putts, bogied the 5th hole in all 4 rounds, etc. He can look at these items as "room for improvement" at future Masters events. He will gain enormous confidence from beating guys like Molinari, Koepka, Xander, D-Johnson, & Finau. Those are some of the best players in the game today.

• Like 1

> @Tiger15 said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > Sitting here watching GOT and reflecting - in 50 plus years of watching the Masters, watching 4 balls go into the water out of the final groups (never saw four out of the three final groups of two I can recall) on 12 was the most stunning thing to me with all that was going on at that point in the tourney. It was simply unreal watching that unfold. Unreal.

>

> I got the chills. goosebumps. I still cannot believe it.

wtf you were banned ?

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @wmblake2000 said:

> > > The thing that strikes me... this is a monumental thing. When Tiger was literally publicly shamed (fair enough) and read that statement of regret/apology on national TV, I wondered how a person could ever come back from that. And then the chipping yips. The DUI. The back. These are powerful, painful things for a person to wrestle with. And we saw Tiger change... his gratitude to play again, his demeanor with fans and the press. Pain, when it is processed with some integrity, does this. It causes change, real change. Any time a person redeems him or herself, even a little, and moves toward something of our best nature, well, I revere this,

> > >

> > > So now Tiger won again... and I for one am moved and am celebrating with him. Congratulations to him. This is an amazing story.

> >

> > Lots of changes, and a huge journey with a lot of physical challenges. I wonder if by virtue of the physical breakdown ad the prospect of no more golf if that is where he truly became humbled.

> >

> > Now, and I'm no coach, but the limited sample size, all the other circumstances, etc. will never convince me he had the chipping yips. Not what I think people who really have them go through. Some loose shots under pressure when he wasn't physically and mentally ready to play, etc. Anyway, my take - maybe mostly because I think Brandel is FOS most of the time about Tiger and just wanted to make a big deal of it to get more attention.

>

> Could have been the pain drugs he was on to help him with his back injuries. He was not in a good place during that time. The back injuries started around summer 2013 and just kept getting worse. He kept playing through it. If he was on drugs to help with that, maybe his chipping nerves were killed by the drugs. Whether it was that or truly the chip yips, he managed to dig it out of the dirt and figured out a really good short game once again.

>

> The thing I have been happy to see with Tiger most recently is this new 80% swing with the driver. Seems he has finally given up trying to keep pace with the young guns. Swing smoother to get the ball in the fairway and more importantly to protect his back. He is still one of the very best iron players in the world, so giving up 20 yards off the tee does not absolutely kill his chances.

Tiger said the chipping issues were from technique, f.uck sean foley lol

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> Sitting here watching GOT and reflecting - in 50 plus years of watching the Masters, watching 4 balls go into the water out of the final groups (never saw four out of the three final groups of two I can recall) on 12 was the most stunning thing to me with all that was going on at that point in the tourney. It was simply unreal watching that unfold. Unreal.

Yeah, that was unbelievable. How did 4 guys make the same mistake?

I wonder if any of it affected Tiger’s shot strategy.

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @wmblake2000 said:

> > The thing that strikes me... this is a monumental thing. When Tiger was literally publicly shamed (fair enough) and read that statement of regret/apology on national TV, I wondered how a person could ever come back from that. And then the chipping yips. The DUI. The back. These are powerful, painful things for a person to wrestle with. And we saw Tiger change... his gratitude to play again, his demeanor with fans and the press. Pain, when it is processed with some integrity, does this. It causes change, real change. Any time a person redeems him or herself, even a little, and moves toward something of our best nature, well, I revere this,

> >

> > So now Tiger won again... and I for one am moved and am celebrating with him. Congratulations to him. This is an amazing story.

>

> Lots of changes, and a huge journey with a lot of physical challenges. I wonder if by virtue of the physical breakdown ad the prospect of no more golf if that is where he truly became humbled.

>

> Now, and I'm no coach, but the limited sample size, all the other circumstances, etc. will never convince me he had the chipping yips. Not what I think people who really have them go through. Some loose shots under pressure when he wasn't physically and mentally ready to play, etc. Anyway, my take - maybe mostly because I think Brandel is FOS most of the time about Tiger and just wanted to make a big deal of it to get more attention.

Agreed. Chunking a few open faced shots on tight lies does not constitute the chipping yips. More likely he was just lacking confidence in/lacking feel with the new motion he was using. But that's neither here nor there. Funny how narratives get started when I wonder how many people actually watched those shots.

> @Tiger15 said:

> When Tiger won today and put the haters on tilt someone here "jailed" me but I'm back!

>

> gatorMD lives!

What ? How’d you change your name. ? Are you banned. What did I miss. Let me just say. If so. I protest. You can’t ban the number 1 tiger fan on tigers rebirthday. FOr Pete’s sake.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @cdnglf said:

>

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > Sitting here watching GOT and reflecting - in 50 plus years of watching the Masters, watching 4 balls go into the water out of the final groups (never saw four out of the three final groups of two I can recall) on 12 was the most stunning thing to me with all that was going on at that point in the tourney. It was simply unreal watching that unfold. Unreal.

>

> Yeah, that was unbelievable. How did 4 guys make the same mistake?

>

> I wonder if any of it affected Tiger’s shot strategy.

Notah said it did, maybe so.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Tiger15 said:

> > When Tiger won today and put the haters on tilt someone here "jailed" me but I'm back!

> >

> > gatorMD lives!

>

> What ? How’d you change your name. ? Are you banned. What did I miss. Let me just say. If so. I protest. You can’t ban the number 1 tiger fan on tigers rebirthday. FOr Pete’s sake.

LOL, if he was or is under some restraining order, lol, I would guess the quickest way to be gone for good would be to start poking bears. Probably a friendly impersonator.

> @BearQ said:

> Can we all salute Bernhard for standing with all the 'young' bucks to congratulate Tiger. He hung back for hours & after a bad round. An OG if there ever was one

>

>

> Langer is also part of the artisan /mt family. Only people in that club are classy guys. That’s from the horses mouth.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I’m late night , waiting on a thunderstorm , irritated at this news. We had gal pals thong pics and arguments that included every cherry picked stat on earth. What On earth could be more out of bounds than that. We need to distinguish between harmless zeal and reckless tiger trashing. What is the world coming to ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I think he wanted to say that he won> @BearQ said:

> Can we all salute Bernhard for standing with all the 'young' bucks to congratulate Tiger. He hung back for hours & after a bad round. An OG if there ever was one

>

>

>

Seems as though there's mutual respect between the two... 2nd time in a press conference Tiger gave Langer a shoutout.

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

>

> #12 is an amazing little hole. The trees block out the wind just enough to really mess with the players on club selection. Stunning results today at the 12th, especially from recent major winners Koepka & Molinari.

Even my wife knows not to challenge that pin on Sunday, seriously. She said today, "Isn't that were Jordan lost in the past?"

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> On the old site this thread would have been 300 pages.

what makes you say that?

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

> @Pent08 said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > On the old site this thread would have been 300 pages.

>

> At least. Shame to not see the Tiger effect in full force.

Total shame. Today was the most epic golf I’ve ever witenessed in my 31 years.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @jmvargas said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > On the old site this thread would have been 300 pages.

>

> what makes you say that?

Let me ask you this. Since the site “upgrade” do you really feel that things are back to normal? Or, since the upgrade, do you think that maybe the traffic on the site has dropped off?

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black