2019 Masters Tournament hosted by ANGC (merged)

gatorpedsMD

> @redfirebird08 said:

> So the Earl prophecy. "My son will win 14 majors." For the last decade it seemed Tiger was cursed to fulfill his father's prediction and stay at 14 majors. That curse is now broken. Wonder if it means anything moving forward for him. Guess we will see. Beating a stacked leaderboard like he did today cannot hurt his confidence when he is in contention for future majors.

Β 

It's mentioned in the Tiger unauthorized biography that Earl was big on prophesying things, and frequently was wrong. Perhaps it just took an extra decade or so to get this one wrong. I'm sure Earl would be beyond grateful to take that prediction back after today!

> @DatSliceDoe said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > So the Earl prophecy. "My son will win 14 majors." For the last decade it seemed Tiger was cursed to fulfill his father's prediction and stay at 14 majors. That curse is now broken. Wonder if it means anything moving forward for him. Guess we will see. Beating a stacked leaderboard like he did today cannot hurt his confidence when he is in contention for future majors.

>

> It's mentioned in the Tiger unauthorized biography that Earl was big on prophesying things, and frequently was wrong. Perhaps it just took an extra decade or so to get this one wrong. I'm sure Earl would be beyond grateful to take that prediction back after today!

Β 

Well in any case, it sure seemed like the Curse of the Bambino with the Red Sox. Once they finally broke that after 100 years, they have been able to win quite a few championships. Guess we will see if the monkey off Tiger's back will help him win more of these in the future. HEALTH of course has to be Tiger's #1 priority these days.

@Tiger15

Gotta admit it was def one for the ages mate..........i wonder what Chamblee's saying now.

TM M3 440 9" Degree / 661 111 in X spec Speeder Shaft
TM M3 15 Fairway / 757 Speeder Shaft S Spec
Ping G25 17deg Hybrid Accra Shaft X Spec
Mizuno MP18 Blades Modus 3 Tours 3-PW - S Flex
Titleist SM 6 50, 54 & 58
Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour only

> @grm24 said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @dalehead said:

> > > Patrick Reed couldn't get out of Butler Cabin fast enough after putting the green jacket on Tiger. Didn't even shake Tiger's hand.

> > Just got out of the way for Tiger's moment. They probably had already done that.

> >

> > And, outside big handshake, smiles, etc.

> >

> > Nothing to see there at all.

> Agree. Some people to have complain about everything.

> w6kiwylf6y36.jpg

>

And there was a handshake and bro hug before that as well. Geez what some guys will make up to justify their hate of someone they don't know.

Β 

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5Β°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex,Β Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex,Β Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex,Β Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex,Β Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex,Β Maltby Max Milled 54Β° & 58Β°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Cursing is against the forum rules. Avoiding the filter or using the filter will cause adverse action.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

> @Christosterone said:

> People forget about Vijay, Prime Phil, Goosen, Els, Paddy, and on and on....

> Tiger curb stomped them(except Vijay who had maybe 11 wins in 2004)....

**> Who on earth is going to win 11 times...**

> -Chris

VJ won 9 times in 2004 which is one of the great seasons never discussed. Same number of wins as Tiger in 1999 and 2006. Tiger won 10 times in 2000. Nobody currently on tour is going to win 9 or 10 times in a season for a long long time.

Β 

Β 

> @BeTheRightClubToday said:

>

>

> I have to chuckle when I see the Golf Channel commercials for Foley's short game video: "Hey, I'm the guy who almost ruined one of the greatest short games in the history of the sport. Buy this video!"

>

>

Β 

Stock shot Tiger also had a hard time getting the ball up with his foley swing vs how easily it was for him to elevate it in the past. I watched tiger in person under foley and now. Now his stock ball flight is up. I still shiver when I see the old clips of tiger doing the Foley glove under right armpit drill he had him doing all the time. To be fair, Foley has changed what he teaches now and wants guys to get their hands higher

• Like 1

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> When will we see TW next?

Β 

I was looking over the Tour schedule earlier this evening. I honestly believe the only non-major he will play between now and the Open (don't forget - final major of the season) will be the Memorial. He MAY play the WGC in Memphis the week after the Open, and then onto the Playoff events (only 3 of them now) in August before perhaps shutting it down for the year. Point being - enjoy Tiger when you see him, as the sightings will become increasingly rare.

• Like 1

What a difference a year makes in the reaction to who won The Masters. Last year Reeds cheering level was barely above a polite applause. As opposed to the insane reaction Tiger received today. Loved seeing the players congratulate Tiger, especially the guys that have won The Masters previously. Especially wearing their green jackets. Also enjoyed the footage of some of the current players paying their respects to Tigers mom. Very classy.

• Like 1

> @vjswing said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > When will we see TW next?

>

> I was looking over the Tour schedule earlier this evening. I honestly believe the only non-major he will play between now and the Open (don't forget - final major of the season) will be the Memorial. He MAY play the WGC in Memphis the week after the Open, and then onto the Playoff events (only 3 of them now) in August before perhaps shutting it down for the year. Point being - enjoy Tiger when you see him, as the sightings will become increasingly rare.

Β 

I think he'll play Quail Hollow and the Memorial, then I wonder if he fits an event in over Europe to prepare for the Open given there's a month between the US and British Opens.

> @Gxgolfer said:

> Cursing is against the forum rules. Avoiding the filter or using the filter will cause adverse action.

Β 

Message received boss.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7xΒ 

TM Sim2 max tour Β 16* GD Β ADHD 8xΒ 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5TΒ 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70Β 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txΒ 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlockΒ 

> @bspn said:

> > @vjswing said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > When will we see TW next?

> >

> > I was looking over the Tour schedule earlier this evening. I honestly believe the only non-major he will play between now and the Open (don't forget - final major of the season) will be the Memorial. He MAY play the WGC in Memphis the week after the Open, and then onto the Playoff events (only 3 of them now) in August before perhaps shutting it down for the year. Point being - enjoy Tiger when you see him, as the sightings will become increasingly rare.

>

> I think he'll play Quail Hollow and the Memorial, then I wonder if he fits an event in over Europe to prepare for the Open given there's a month between the US and British Opens.

Β 

Yup... figure it might be Rory's event since it gives him a break in between then and the Open?

> @bspn said:

> > @vjswing said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > When will we see TW next?

> >

> > I was looking over the Tour schedule earlier this evening. I honestly believe the only non-major he will play between now and the Open (don't forget - final major of the season) will be the Memorial. He MAY play the WGC in Memphis the week after the Open, and then onto the Playoff events (only 3 of them now) in August before perhaps shutting it down for the year. Point being - enjoy Tiger when you see him, as the sightings will become increasingly rare.

>

> I think he'll play Quail Hollow and the Memorial, then I wonder if he fits an event in over Europe to prepare for the Open given there's a month between the US and British Opens.

Β 

Β 

Also, I'm guessing the Rocket Mortgage tournament... is his charity still involved with that event even though it's moved from DC?

I love this even more now because he IS the noise

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9Β 18*Β 4i, KBS Max-R,Β 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak) Β 60.12(3* Β weak)

Edel Brick

Β 

> @Potatohead said:

> Duval must be some kind of savant. I was impressed when he picked Sergio. Then Wednesday night he picks Tiger with total conviction. Friday night they ask him why, and he just says β€œI see it in his eyes.” Boom.

>

> I guess DD has seen those eyes often enough. Probably also in his nightmares.

Duval is the man. A world class player in his own right and you can tell how much he respects and admires Tiger because they’ve battled. Great call DD!

• Like 2

> @bspn said:

> > @"Frasier Crane" said:

> > Also, I'm guessing the Rocket Mortgage tournament... is his charity still involved with that event even though it's moved from DC?

> I think his charity's tournament is now the Genesis at Riviera?

>

Β 

They also did the Quicken Loans National at Congressional IIRC.

> @"Ronnie Mundt" said:

> > @Potatohead said:

> > Duval must be some kind of savant. I was impressed when he picked Sergio. Then Wednesday night he picks Tiger with total conviction. Friday night they ask him why, and he just says β€œI see it in his eyes.” Boom.

> >

> > I guess DD has seen those eyes often enough. Probably also in his nightmares.

> Duval is the man. A world class player in his own right and you can tell how much he respects and admires Tiger because they’ve battled. Great call DD!

Β 

Love Duval too... he's a great analyst, I've wondered what he'd be like in the booth calling tournaments.