• Like 1

JBeam J3 Tour 10.5* - Syncagraphite Loop Prototype IP X
Miura Giken TC-101 Miura Craftsman World #3

Artisan MB #4-PW
(Nippon Modus 125 X Flex in 3-PW)
Artisan 50*, 55*, 60*

(Nippon Modus 125 X in 50*)
(Nippon Modus Wedge 125 in 55* & 60*)
Artisan 0123 Stainless; Smooth Face w/Site Dot (Grip; Elite Geron Type #N2 Black)
Tour G 50 Rubber Round Grips On Driver;Irons;Wedges

> @LaymanM said:

> Wilson Staff FG Tour 100

> Love old school looks and shape. f0jj9jccrobx.jpeg

> 3qci60z1kd53.jpeg

>

Designed after the ‘71 Button Backs(pictured), the 100’s are indeed a gorgeous iron, though compared to the 59’s, they look like a Mid-Sized GI iron, lolol

The 59’s for me, were a firmer(better) Baby Blade.3rmn22wha5rv.jpeg

z7trpjcrg6bx.jpeg

tkb7qzbz2uq4.jpeg

ak8jixugntu5.jpeg

Cheers?

RP

• Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

> @Forged4ever said:

> > @LaymanM said:

> > Wilson Staff FG Tour 100

> > Love old school looks and shape. f0jj9jccrobx.jpeg

> > 3qci60z1kd53.jpeg

> >

>

> Designed after the ‘71 Button Backs(pictured), the 100’s are indeed a gorgeous iron, though compared to the 59’s, they look like a Mid-Sized GI iron, lolol

>

> The 59’s for me, were a firmer(better) Baby Blade.3rmn22wha5rv.jpeg

> z7trpjcrg6bx.jpeg

> tkb7qzbz2uq4.jpeg

> ak8jixugntu5.jpeg

>

>

> Cheers?

> RP

>

RP, nice iron! What year are those FG 59? Yes FG Tour 100 are def a longer blade length. I also have a set of WS 87 Staff Fluid Feel. But shafts do not fit me well and they arent in best of shape...

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

> @LaymanM said:

> > @Forged4ever said:

> > > @LaymanM said:

> > > Wilson Staff FG Tour 100

> > > Love old school looks and shape. f0jj9jccrobx.jpeg

> > > 3qci60z1kd53.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > Designed after the ‘71 Button Backs(pictured), the 100’s are indeed a gorgeous iron, though compared to the 59’s, they look like a Mid-Sized GI iron, lolol

> >

> > The 59’s for me, were a firmer(better) Baby Blade.3rmn22wha5rv.jpeg

> > z7trpjcrg6bx.jpeg

> > tkb7qzbz2uq4.jpeg

> > ak8jixugntu5.jpeg

> >

> >

> > Cheers?

> > RP

> >

>

> RP, nice iron! What year are those FG 59? Yes FG Tour 100 are def a longer blade length. I also have a set of WS 87 Staff Fluid Feel. But shafts do not fit me well and they arent in best of shape...

Thanks LM?

The 59’s were released in 2008 and there are two sets, the first retail models that were not groove compliant however the later releases were along with the Limited Editions sets(pictured) that were sold through one of these big Golf houses, similar to Golfsmith, though I forget their name, lol.

If you can pick up a pristine set, I’d be all over em as they are an incredible iron and in my opinion Staff’s best blade since their daddy, the 1976-80 Tour Blades.

5v4m4lqphabk.jpeg

A funny story about the “Tour Blades”.....

It was prior to my semi-finals match in my last tourney before I got sick and I was standing at a table in the mens’ card room when one of the young college guns walked up and asked me what irons I had in the bag. I had put the 59’s in the bag over the previous winter in Fla and kept em there, replacing my Mizzy 68’s.

So I responded “I’m Playin the Tour Blades” with out thinking, as this is what their namesake, the 1976-80 Tour Blades were called and this is all that any of us ever referred to them as. If someone asked you back in the day what irons you were Playin, you said simply “Tour Blades” and everyone knew what irons that they were.

So he sorta made this face and chirped “Duhhh, I figured that they were a Tour Blade, which one,” lmao?

It sucks bein a dinosaur?, lol

Have a great season Brother??‍♂️

RP

• Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Curious question for you experts: About late 60s or very early 70s, there was a set of blades with the name PGA on them (pro bag and everything as well). I have no clue who made them but would love to know. I played them for about 20 years until i sold them (or gave them away to a relative) when I stopped playing for few years. Loved them.

Now as an old fart I'm using a 10 year set of Miura Tour Blades (got 10 years ago) that i hit still sometimes hit well and sometimes don't that a couple of years ago reshafted with Aerotech graphite 70is. But am thinking of replacing with SGI cavity backs to get more distance and height. But haven't found anything that when hit correctly works as well as the Miuras.

The best blades I've played.

#3 Mizuno MP-68

#2 Mizuno MP-4

and

#1 Mizuno MP-18.

The feel is different with this new technology. I thought it was an advertising gimmick but when I hit the 18's side by side with the 4's, the 18's had a better feel.

[size=3]Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5° TENSI BLUE 67g 6/17/19
Srixon Z F85  fwy 13.5°, 18° HZRDUS 6.0 62g 9/15/19
TaylorMade M4 Hyb 22° 4/1/19
Honma  T // World Rose Proto 5-10 iron
 N.S. PRO MODUS 3 TOUR 120  S 8/8/19
Bettinardi Studio Stock 2 [/size]
[size=3]3/7/19
TaylorMade Mill Grind 50° 07/17/18, TaylorMade Mill Grind 54° 4/12/19, TaylorMade
Mill Grind 58° 07/17/18
Titleist ProV1x Grips Golf Pride Z-Grip cord align midsize Glove FJ Pure Touch Limited L
Callaway Epic Star [/size]
[size=3]staff bag
Titleist Players 4 stand bag
Jan Craig headcovers
Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0[/size]

Cleveland 588 MBs

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei av 65 stiff
Callaway Epic Flash 5w 18* Rogue Silver 70 stiff
Titleist 915H 24* Rogue Black 85h stiff
Srixon 745 4-PW DG Pro s300 1.5* flat
Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball Fang S 34"
Callaway MD4 $-taper 120s 50* & 54* (black on black)
TaylorMade Milled Grind 60*
TaylorMade TP5x

> @mwmgolfx said:

> Curious question for you experts: About late 60s or very early 70s, there was a set of blades with the name PGA on them (pro bag and everything as well). I have no clue who made them but would love to know. I played them for about 20 years until i sold them (or gave them away to a relative) when I stopped playing for few years. Loved them.

> Now as an old **** I'm using a 10 year set of Miura Tour Blades (got 10 years ago) that i hit still sometimes hit well and sometimes don't that a couple of years ago reshafted with Aerotech graphite 70is. But am thinking of replacing with SGI cavity backs to get more distance and height. But haven't found anything that when hit correctly works as well as the Miuras.

>

The PGA irons came out of somewhere in Ohio, part of the PGA Burke brands. Excellent irons and here in Canada they were called CPGA marketed by the Victor Comptometer company. A good frend was their rep here in Ontario. He sold scads of them

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke Max 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Cleveland Launcher DST 15*, Diamana Red 64 R
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

> @Forged4ever said:

> > @LaymanM said:

> > > @Forged4ever said:

> > > > @LaymanM said:

> > > > Wilson Staff FG Tour 100

> > > > Love old school looks and shape. f0jj9jccrobx.jpeg

> > > > 3qci60z1kd53.jpeg

> > > >

> > >

> > > Designed after the ‘71 Button Backs(pictured), the 100’s are indeed a gorgeous iron, though compared to the 59’s, they look like a Mid-Sized GI iron, lolol

> > >

> > > The 59’s for me, were a firmer(better) Baby Blade.3rmn22wha5rv.jpeg

> > > z7trpjcrg6bx.jpeg

> > > tkb7qzbz2uq4.jpeg

> > > ak8jixugntu5.jpeg

> > >

> > >

> > > Cheers?

> > > RP

> > >

> >

> > RP, nice iron! What year are those FG 59? Yes FG Tour 100 are def a longer blade length. I also have a set of WS 87 Staff Fluid Feel. But shafts do not fit me well and they arent in best of shape...

>

> Thanks LM?

>

> The 59’s were released in 2008 and there are two sets, the first retail models that were not groove compliant however the later releases were along with the Limited Editions sets(pictured) that were sold through one of these big Golf houses, similar to Golfsmith, though I forget their name, lol.

>

> If you can pick up a pristine set, I’d be all over em as they are an incredible iron and in my opinion Staff’s best blade since their daddy, the 1976-80 Tour Blades.

> 5v4m4lqphabk.jpeg

>

> A funny story about the “Tour Blades”.....

>

> It was prior to my semi-finals match in my last tourney before I got sick and I was standing at a table in the mens’ card room when one of the young college guns walked up and asked me what irons I had in the bag. I had put the 59’s in the bag over the previous winter in Fla and kept em there, replacing my Mizzy 68’s.

>

> So I responded “I’m Playin the Tour Blades” with out thinking, as this is what their namesake, the 1976-80 Tour Blades were called and this is all that any of us ever referred to them as. If someone asked you back in the day what irons you were Playin, you said simply “Tour Blades” and everyone knew what irons that they were.

>

> So he sorta made this face and chirped “Duhhh, I figured that they were a Tour Blade, which one,” lmao?

>

> It sucks bein a dinosaur?, lol

>

> Have a great season Brother??‍♂️

> RP

>

I have a set of the FG 59s sitting in my club closet; DG S-300, 3-PW, in fine condition. I tried to sell them in the annual Spring Swap Shop at a nearby club. I was asking $50 and did not get a sniff. Lord, they even had brand new grips. :s

> @rgk5 said:

> The PGA irons came out of somewhere in Ohio, part of the PGA Burke brands. Excellent irons and here in Canada they were called CPGA marketed by the Victor Comptometer company. A good frend was their rep here in Ontario. He sold scads of them

Is that the same thing as Northwestern?

Ping G410 9*
Tour Edge EXS 3w, 5w
Ping i210 4-U
Ping Glide Stealth 54, 60
Ping Anser 85029 Dalehead
Srixon Z-Star or Q-Star tour depending on conditions

> @rgk5 said:

> > @mwmgolfx said:

> > Curious question for you experts: About late 60s or very early 70s, there was a set of blades with the name PGA on them (pro bag and everything as well). I have no clue who made them but would love to know. I played them for about 20 years until i sold them (or gave them away to a relative) when I stopped playing for few years. Loved them.

> > Now as an old **** I'm using a 10 year set of Miura Tour Blades (got 10 years ago) that i hit still sometimes hit well and sometimes don't that a couple of years ago reshafted with Aerotech graphite 70is. But am thinking of replacing with SGI cavity backs to get more distance and height. But haven't found anything that when hit correctly works as well as the Miuras.

> >

>

> The PGA irons came out of somewhere in Ohio, part of the PGA Burke brands. Excellent irons and here in Canada they were called CPGA marketed by the Victor Comptometer company. A good frend was their rep here in Ontario. He sold scads of them

PGA eventually became Tommy Armour, and eventually Armour Golf.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 9.5*, 43.5", NV75X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @Forged4ever said:

> > @LaymanM said:

> > > @Forged4ever said:

> > > > @LaymanM said:

> > > > Wilson Staff FG Tour 100

> > > > Love old school looks and shape. f0jj9jccrobx.jpeg

> > > > 3qci60z1kd53.jpeg

> > > >

> > >

> > > Designed after the ‘71 Button Backs(pictured), the 100’s are indeed a gorgeous iron, though compared to the 59’s, they look like a Mid-Sized GI iron, lolol

> > >

> > > The 59’s for me, were a firmer(better) Baby Blade.3rmn22wha5rv.jpeg

> > > z7trpjcrg6bx.jpeg

> > > tkb7qzbz2uq4.jpeg

> > > ak8jixugntu5.jpeg

> > >

> > >

> > > Cheers?

> > > RP

> > >

> >

> > RP, nice iron! What year are those FG 59? Yes FG Tour 100 are def a longer blade length. I also have a set of WS 87 Staff Fluid Feel. But shafts do not fit me well and they arent in best of shape...

>

> Thanks LM?

>

> The 59’s were released in 2008 and there are two sets, the first retail models that were not groove compliant however the later releases were along with the Limited Editions sets(pictured) that were sold through one of these big Golf houses, similar to Golfsmith, though I forget their name, lol.

>

> If you can pick up a pristine set, I’d be all over em as they are an incredible iron and in my opinion Staff’s best blade since their daddy, the 1976-80 Tour Blades.

> 5v4m4lqphabk.jpeg

>

> A funny story about the “Tour Blades”.....

>

> It was prior to my semi-finals match in my last tourney before I got sick and I was standing at a table in the mens’ card room when one of the young college guns walked up and asked me what irons I had in the bag. I had put the 59’s in the bag over the previous winter in Fla and kept em there, replacing my Mizzy 68’s.

>

> So I responded “I’m Playin the Tour Blades” with out thinking, as this is what their namesake, the 1976-80 Tour Blades were called and this is all that any of us ever referred to them as. If someone asked you back in the day what irons you were Playin, you said simply “Tour Blades” and everyone knew what irons that they were.

>

> So he sorta made this face and chirped “Duhhh, I figured that they were a Tour Blade, which one,” lmao?

>

> It sucks bein a dinosaur?, lol

>

> Have a great season Brother??‍♂️

> RP

>

I am always trying to find another set of FG59’s! Here is the FG59 alongside my baby blade. I much prefer the FG59 brtsd21p0qvr.jpeg

0f2bkbxeu27y.jpeg

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

Nike VR Pro Blades are my all time favorite so far. Great memories with those sticks.

The new P7TW will probably be a continuation of that since they are influenced from the same guy.

Baby Blades are fun, and I like the newer 2019 ones so much I might try to build a set of those one day.

> @NRJyzr said:

> > @rgk5 said:

> > > @mwmgolfx said:

> > > Curious question for you experts: About late 60s or very early 70s, there was a set of blades with the name PGA on them (pro bag and everything as well). I have no clue who made them but would love to know. I played them for about 20 years until i sold them (or gave them away to a relative) when I stopped playing for few years. Loved them.

> > > Now as an old **** I'm using a 10 year set of Miura Tour Blades (got 10 years ago) that i hit still sometimes hit well and sometimes don't that a couple of years ago reshafted with Aerotech graphite 70is. But am thinking of replacing with SGI cavity backs to get more distance and height. But haven't found anything that when hit correctly works as well as the Miuras.

> > >

> >

> > The PGA irons came out of somewhere in Ohio, part of the PGA Burke brands. Excellent irons and here in Canada they were called CPGA marketed by the Victor Comptometer company. A good frend was their rep here in Ontario. He sold scads of them

>

>

> PGA eventually became Tommy Armour, and eventually Armour Golf.

I am aware of that as I owned two sets of PGA Armour blades one with the 1-iron.

> @rgk5 said:

> > @NRJyzr said:

> > > @rgk5 said:

> > > > @mwmgolfx said:

> > > > Curious question for you experts: About late 60s or very early 70s, there was a set of blades with the name PGA on them (pro bag and everything as well). I have no clue who made them but would love to know. I played them for about 20 years until i sold them (or gave them away to a relative) when I stopped playing for few years. Loved them.

> > > > Now as an old **** I'm using a 10 year set of Miura Tour Blades (got 10 years ago) that i hit still sometimes hit well and sometimes don't that a couple of years ago reshafted with Aerotech graphite 70is. But am thinking of replacing with SGI cavity backs to get more distance and height. But haven't found anything that when hit correctly works as well as the Miuras.

> > > >

> > >

> > > The PGA irons came out of somewhere in Ohio, part of the PGA Burke brands. Excellent irons and here in Canada they were called CPGA marketed by the Victor Comptometer company. A good frend was their rep here in Ontario. He sold scads of them

> >

> >

> > PGA eventually became Tommy Armour, and eventually Armour Golf.

>

> I am aware of that as I owned two sets of PGA Armour blades one with the 1-iron.

I was sure you knew that, but thought I'd toss it out there for general consumption :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 9.5*, 43.5", NV75X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

The R&A list has the FG59 Tour Blade on its conforming list, but there might be variations in the model. The USGA conforming irons list wasn't working just now when I tried to check.

[https://randa.org/RulesEquipment/Equipment/Equipment-Explorer/Results?type=club&id=2010-0350A](https://www.randa.org/RulesEquipment/Equipment/Equipment-Explorer/Results?type=club&id=2010-0350A "https://randa.org/RulesEquipment/Equipment/Equipment-Explorer/Results?type=club&id=2010-0350A")

• Like 1