Dicks / Taylormade Promo

chncprc

> @randyfitz said:

> So can you just return it if he doesn’t win?

Gotta buy it by tomorrow. But yeah, buy it tomorrow and just return it Sunday if he doesn’t win. Gotta buy it in store I think.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Mizuno 919 Hot Metal 5-GW
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

So I went and got a slip yesterday from DSG. Admittedly I haven't read all the fine print myself just going by this thread. So do people think that getting the slip with no purchase is still going to work? Or should we go buy a driver today and return it if needed?

Also is returning a driver to DSG allowed? I would obv never hit and keep all the tags/plastic on it.

There's a lot of fine print and it's tedious and confusing at times ... but yes, you can "win" without having to purchase. And yes, you can purchase by the end of close today and return on Sunday. Dick's is pretty/very good about returns (or the one near me is anyway).

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

> @Krt22 said:

> > @BKarre said:

> > I picked up my voucher yesterday and had the DSG golf employee berating me about sending the form in, which included him telling me "that's not how these things work, son! you gotta buy the driver and send in your ticket!" For the record, he was holding the form that said "no purchase request" and then snatched it out of my hand to read the fine print, saying "yeah, yep, it says down here you gotta buy it!" so I shrugged and said I'd give it a shot. He patted me on the arm and said "you go ahead then, let me know how that works for ya" and laughed.

>

> He works at DSG, basic reading and comprehension skills may not be required lol.

Guaranteed it is not in any of the Grand Strand of SC stores---- If you can breathe and somewhat move they will hire you

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @nikeblades00 said:

> So I went and got a slip yesterday from DSG. Admittedly I haven't read all the fine print myself just going by this thread. So do people think that getting the slip with no purchase is still going to work? Or should we go buy a driver today and return it if needed?

>

> Also is returning a driver to DSG allowed? I would obv never hit and keep all the tags/plastic on it.

I decided to buy, as I doubt they'll be able to honor all of the non-purchase folks ('while supplies last', blah blah, blah). Also, with the buying route you get the model, loft, flex, you want. If Rory doesn't win, I'll return to Dick's in a week or 2. As long as unused, they'll refund, back of receipt spells out the 60 day refund policy.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

> @brew4eagle said:

> > @nikeblades00 said:

> > So I went and got a slip yesterday from DSG. Admittedly I haven't read all the fine print myself just going by this thread. So do people think that getting the slip with no purchase is still going to work? Or should we go buy a driver today and return it if needed?

> >

> > Also is returning a driver to DSG allowed? I would obv never hit and keep all the tags/plastic on it.

>

> I decided to buy, as I doubt they'll be able to honor all of the non-purchase folks ('while supplies last', blah blah, blah). Also, with the buying route you get the model, loft, flex, you want. If Rory doesn't win, I'll return to ****'s in a week or 2. As long as unused, they'll refund, back of receipt spells out the 60 day refund policy.

I thought the "while supplies last ..." thing only applied to the actual in-store purchases? The only instances of this phrase in the fine print is in relation to actual purchases.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

> @"Little Ned" said:

> > @brew4eagle said:

> > > @nikeblades00 said:

> > > So I went and got a slip yesterday from DSG. Admittedly I haven't read all the fine print myself just going by this thread. So do people think that getting the slip with no purchase is still going to work? Or should we go buy a driver today and return it if needed?

> > >

> > > Also is returning a driver to DSG allowed? I would obv never hit and keep all the tags/plastic on it.

> >

> > I decided to buy, as I doubt they'll be able to honor all of the non-purchase folks ('while supplies last', blah blah, blah). Also, with the buying route you get the model, loft, flex, you want. If Rory doesn't win, I'll return to ****'s in a week or 2. As long as unused, they'll refund, back of receipt spells out the 60 day refund policy.

>

> I thought the "while supplies last ..." thing only applied to the actual in-store purchases? The only instances of this phrase in the fine print is in relation to actual purchases.

Not sure, it's not straightforward. All I know is I actually have the driver in my hands so that takes out multiple variables in my mind.

Edit- see my reply below. Since the post card form is for non-purchases, it seems to me 'while supplies lasts' is for the non-purchasers.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

> @Brooky03 said:

> Went into DSG to buy a M6 but the employee said they were out of forms. Looks like I missed out. Gonna kick myself if Rory wins.

The 'form' prints out with your receipt when you pay. The little postcard form is for non-purchase entries.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I’m pretty sure what’s getting lost here is that there aren’t actual drivers being sent to anyone. Should Rory win, whether you bought one or the no purchase where you select which one you want a M6 or M5, Taylormade will send a check for the MSRP. If you bought or checked a M5 you’re getting a $549 check, if you bought or checked a M6 you’re getting a $499 check. That’s what they mean by “On us” or a “Free Driver”, a check for the purchase price for one.

While supplies lasts is for the serialized no purchase necessary forms.

Well I mean GG/Dck’s as its their promotion not Taylormade’s.

> @Nick081974 said:

> I’m pretty sure what’s getting lost here is that there aren’t actual drivers being sent to anyone. Should Rory win, whether you bought one or the no purchase where you select which one you want a M6 or M5, Taylormade will send a check for the MSRP. If you bought or checked a M5 you’re getting a $549 check, if you bought or checked a M6 you’re getting a $499 check. That’s what they mean by “On us” or a “Free Driver”, a check for the purchase price for one.

>

> While supplies lasts is for the serialized no purchase necessary forms.

So wrong. No way they're sending money in lieu of drivers for non-purchasers. Costs them way more that way.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

> @Nick081974 said:

> I’m pretty sure what’s getting lost here is that there aren’t actual drivers being sent to anyone. Should Rory win, whether you bought one or the no purchase where you select which one you want a M6 or M5, Taylormade will send a check for the MSRP. If you bought or checked a M5 you’re getting a $549 check, if you bought or checked a M6 you’re getting a $499 check. That’s what they mean by “On us” or a “Free Driver”, a check for the purchase price for one.

>

That doesn’t make any sense. Why send me a check if that doesn’t guarantee TM I’ll be repping their product on the course. I could buy an F9 or a bunch of beer.

In all seriousness the check is for the people who purchased the driver at the store. It’s TM’s reimbursements so that the driver is “free.”

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

Watch and be proven wrong. They are going to send another driver to someone who bought a driver? And you win with a no purchase necessary form and you check an M6 or M5 but they magically now know what flex and loft you need? They only way that would work is they Dck’s/GG or Taylormade will now have to reach out to each person that sent a form in to build a driver with the correct flex and loft. Just giving out blanket regular shafted 10 degree M6 and M5 to people who aren’t fitted for that setup would cause an excessive flood on the resale market. Think about it, way cheaper to send checks/gift card/ vouchers for the MSRP price, exactly like a rebate all cover by their insurance for that promotion.

> @Nick081974 said:

>

what? no. they'll refund UP TO $599 if you've purchased the driver by check or pre-paid debit card. if you didn't purchase a driver, one will be shipped to you.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

go do some reading of the t&c's. https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/s/rorywins

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

> @brew4eagle said:

> > @Brooky03 said:

> > Went into DSG to buy a M6 but the employee said they were out of forms. Looks like I missed out. Gonna kick myself if Rory wins.

>

> The 'form' prints out with your receipt when you pay. The little postcard form is for non-purchase entries.

Oh, nice! Looks like I'll be heading back there tonight

> @Brooky03 said:

> > @brew4eagle said:

> > > @Brooky03 said:

> > > Went into DSG to buy a M6 but the employee said they were out of forms. Looks like I missed out. Gonna kick myself if Rory wins.

> >

> > The 'form' prints out with your receipt when you pay. The little postcard form is for non-purchase entries.

>

> Oh, nice! Looks like I'll be heading back there tonight

Guy that got me the headcover and wrench also gave me a no-purchase form, since the employees still don't know how this promotion works. So I'll send that in for a 2nd driver if he wins, just have it sent to my Dad.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

> @Nick081974 said:

>

>

> Well I mean GG/Dck’s as its their promotion not Taylormade’s.

This thread is endlessly entertaining. Rory is more likely to show up at my house with the Wanamaker Trophy than TaylorMade is to send out checks. Again, this is an insurance-based contest for the company, an underwriter figured out the cost of Rory winning and everyone getting free drivers, built a policy and TM paid its share. It's a win-win for the company, as golfers have been buying these the last few weeks because they wanted them but also because they might be free. I don't think as many people know about the no-purchase-entries as you think, though to DSG/GG's credit, they've been pretty up-front about it (my store had the pad of forms on a table with a sign encouraging you to take one). Yes, the market will be beyond flooded if Rory wins, but also a huge number of players will hit the club, love it, and become TM fans. And the company will get an avalanche of free publicity, of the good kind, from far beyond golf media. I guarantee you they'll be rooting for it to happen if Rory's in the hunt on Sunday. Why wouldn't they?

Spot on. It’s about marketing. I don’t think anyone thought otherwise. You’re right, though. I think we’re wrong in assuming all of America is grabbing these forms up for a free driver. This contest has clearly been marketed as requiring a purchase. Only once you read the fine print do you realize no purchase is necessary.

GO RORY!!

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

Now that I have the M6 at home, I'm not even sure what I'll do with it if Rory wins. Side-by-side with my i20, the M6 is really hard to look down at. And with my modest clubhead speed, I can't imagine there will be any performance difference. Still like the idea of a free $500 driver though.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

> @"Little Ned" said:

> Spot on. It’s about marketing. I don’t think anyone thought otherwise. You’re right, though. I think we’re wrong in assuming all of America is grabbing these forms up for a free driver. This contest has clearly been marketed as requiring a purchase. Only once you read the fine print do you realize no purchase is necessary.

>

> GO RORY!!

The little red number on my entry request form is north of 65,000, but I'd be willing to bet TM doesn't give away more than 20,000 drivers via the no-purchase option. A lot of forms will go unclaimed and a lot of people will screw up the redemption process, like trying to have 10 drivers sent to their home. TM won't let those fly.

I'm fairly certain 95% of the tickets mailed in will be of driver owners/purchasers. Outside of WRX, I doubt many will know of the promotion or investigate deep enough to validate the "No Purchase Necessary" end of it. I think it's likely more folks will have purchased the driver and then returned it than the number of people sending in the form only, without purchasing. Again, all of this is moot when Brooks wins.... :#

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

> @"A.Princey" said:

> I'm fairly certain 95% of the tickets mailed in will be of driver owners/purchasers. Outside of WRX, I doubt many will know of the promotion or investigate deep enough to validate the "No Purchase Necessary" end of it. I think it's likely more folks will have purchased the driver and then returned it than the number of people sending in the form only, without purchasing. Again, all of this is moot when **TIGER** wins.... :#

ftfy

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

> @Yanki01 said:

> > @"A.Princey" said:

> > I'm fairly certain 95% of the tickets mailed in will be of driver owners/purchasers. Outside of WRX, I doubt many will know of the promotion or investigate deep enough to validate the "No Purchase Necessary" end of it. I think it's likely more folks will have purchased the driver and then returned it than the number of people sending in the form only, without purchasing. Again, all of this is moot when **TIGER** wins.... :#

>

> ftfy

>

>

Looks like Brooks is winning the battle. handily